Pages:
Author

Topic: Innosilicon's A4 Dominator, 1.2W/Mhs 14nm ASIC and miner, open for Partners - page 13. (Read 48989 times)

Activity: 868
Merit: 517
If anyone has their A4s and would like to try to earn more money than just mining Litecoins, try mining with us at https://prohashing.com.  We optimized the pool to give good hashrate for Titans, and now with the A4s coming online we're analyzing data and making changes to try to extract the most hashrate from them too.  If you have your A4 on our pool, give us some feedback in our forums where A4 owners are discussing their results at https://forums.prohashing.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=982.

Thanks Chris,  As soon as I get my A4's up I will point them your way and will let you know how it looks.  I should have the A4's online this week if all goes smoothly.   Grin
Activity: 194
Merit: 100
If anyone has their A4s and would like to try to earn more money than just mining Litecoins, try mining with us at https://prohashing.com.  We optimized the pool to give good hashrate for Titans, and now with the A4s coming online we're analyzing data and making changes to try to extract the most hashrate from them too.  If you have your A4 on our pool, give us some feedback in our forums where A4 owners are discussing their results at https://forums.prohashing.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=982.
Activity: 188
everyone lives so far away with their old A2s  Cry
Activity: 630
Merit: 504

LOL - I might as well add myself to the list -- have a handful of 88Mh/s A2s with PSUs built-in.  At this time will only consider local pickup in Portland, Oregon.

Activity: 159
Merit: 108
I currently have a few A2s for sale without PSUs, or can install New 1250 gold rated PSUs. if you prefer.
Even without the PSUs these are Tested and 100% working.

I will ship, but USA only.

PM me if interested.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
I was ready to commit to a pre-order buy of 3 of these a couple months back.

Sadly, the delays caused me to put most of that money in another direction as I couldn't afford to wait.

Long-term I figure I'll end up buying some at some point.

Anyone in Central Washington want to buy a couple A2 units, drop me a message. I won't ship them but I will deliver if it's reasonably close.

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

So if the efficiency is no better than a Titan -- then -- is this a SCAM?

Why would someone overpay to buy these units?  I'm lost here.

It seems that it is basically 2.5x as efficient as the 100Mh/s A2 units (which are selling for about $650 with PSU).

Sadly, no its not a scam. Miners will be flocking to these, just like every stupid hardware release ... no matter the price and no matter the efficiency. Its an addiction. Ill probably be the only one not purchasing any.

Nope, not the only one... Unless the price drops. A lot.

same after reading everything here Id rather by a few A2's  and try to get a titan, the titan has more hash power if all the dies work ,what's the point .

other then

a fool and his money

no offense intended to anyone by that commit .
Activity: 188
Well I was hoping it would hold off as long as possible but I guess they are out there now, would like to see the insides of one, been looking for broken A2 boards on this end, been trying to keep my stuff running as long as I can.
legendary
Activity: 1027
Merit: 1005

Why would someone overpay to buy these units?  I'm lost here.

It seems that it is basically 2.5x as efficient as the 100Mh/s A2 units (which are selling for about $650 with PSU).

Sadly, no its not a scam. Miners will be flocking to these, just like every stupid hardware release ... no matter the price and no matter the efficiency. Its an addiction. Ill probably be the only one not purchasing any.

Nope, not the only one... Unless the price drops. A lot.
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002

Why would someone overpay to buy these units?  I'm lost here.

legendary
A3 has apparently been dropped. I remember one rumour (from a souce that had the money to be an Innosilicon partner) that it turned out to be BW 1401 level efficiency (or S7 level in BitMain terms).
Dunno if Innosilicon is working on a more efficient version behind the scenes, if that's the case.

Given the final results on the A4, I'm tending to believe that rumour.

Activity: 96
Merit: 10
Well this makes older zeus and gridseed units obsolete.

What happened to A3?  Grin

Good question! A3 is actually gonna be a replacement of A1, and will be rolled out at the same time with A4. So A3 and A4 share the same roll out time, and A3 will have sub 0.2w/gh btc mining performance.

Now that the A4 has been released, where do we learn about the A3 that was released with it?
legendary
Network Difficulty dropped a lot i guess that's the calm before the storm. so watch out, mine your ass off now with all most any miner . i don't know i don't watch the lite coin Difficulty like i used to with btc's.   
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Ow please  Grin @innosilicon give me one to test, over and underclock and I will give you an honest review and measured userdata in return Smiley

Best regards emdje,

Your trusted A2 modder: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ultra-under-overclock-image-for-a2-innosilicon-by-emdje-v50-672969

Yes, Innosilicon, please give him one to test! Emdje, I am eagerly awaiting your a4 custom image Wink. I am running your image on my A2 and it is amazing.

Thank you for your compliment  Smiley
So the A4 definitely has a new chip design?  And not a whole bunch of A2 chips combined together with a really powerful fan?

If the pricing would drop on this by 50% - I would certainly be interested in some units.  But the noise and temperature are concerning.

Did anyone get to measure the actually noise created by the machine?

And did I read somewhere that after 4 hours the unit got up to 60 degrees C?  Is that right?  Was that temperature based on the air coming out of the machine?  Or the actual temperature on the chip?

If it is air coming out of the machine -- how in the world would one keep your room cool?  If memory serves -- I believe my A2 units would average 33 to 38 degrees C -- depending how many units I had in the room and if I had some AC going.

EDIT:  I believe someone mentioned noise at 88db or so?  That is loud!
legendary

Since these seem to be very similar to the Titans -- is it possible that no new chips were ever produced and this is just KNC chips (or copies of them) placed in new boards with new software?

Just curious how the stats could be so far off.

The stats on the CHIPS aren't even close.

KNC liked "big chip" designs, Innosilicon prefers "more chips but smaller".

Think Spondoolies vs. Bitmain for comparison.

I would anticipate pricing on the A2 to drop once a significant quantity of A4s start shipping - but not real fast, they're still profitable after all even at near-average Electric pricing.

copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
This means the A2's should drop in price may be 500 or less for one and titans should stay about the same ?. this is not a question  just a thought > the A2 's should still be usable for a while longer and Zeus miners  or lower will be dead now for sure .

Titans MAY stay a bit higher...due to the fact of gen tarkin firmware is a miracle for keeping them running and not shutting off dies etc.....so that is solid. Also lightfoot can
fix them.

With 45 day warranty I can't say the same for the A4's (yet) .....IF the 2 guys above got an A4 to play with I'd not worry too much about the warranty. They are that good

on the above issues. Titans mainly also may go for higher in that you can split up the cubes (5) vs (2) so always may pay a bit more to get that extra cube etc

We will have to see...IF the A4's hang together well enough after warranty..then what will happen with out new players making scrypt miners to compete with the A4's

It very likely will shake out by say Jan or Feb due to difficulty to say an LTC network consisting of Titans and A4's ....and hell we could see another 2 years out of the Titans

and at least an equivalent 2 year run on the A4's ...in other words it could stay 'weird in scrypt crypto land" IF all LTC network is used for is for the Chinese folk to continue

to speculate because the like LTC (don't understand it but I will run my miner's as a merry go round for their enjoyment) Smiley

Since these seem to be very similar to the Titans -- is it possible that no new chips were ever produced and this is just KNC chips (or copies of them) placed in new boards with new software?

Just curious how the stats could be so far off.

legendary
This means the A2's should drop in price may be 500 or less for one and titans should stay about the same ?. this is not a question  just a thought > the A2 's should still be usable for a while longer and Zeus miners  or lower will be dead now for sure .
Pages:
Jump to: