Pages:
Author

Topic: Instawallet/Bitcoin-Central Security Breach - page 10. (Read 85276 times)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
I find it so amazing that you could put the 45,000 btc [ $6,359,000] on a paper wallet and put it in your pocket and go anywhere in the world!!
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
BTW: Instawallet charges no fee. What's their business model? Somebody could explain?
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
Well guys I made a small investigation about the guy "davout" .

So first of all the domain bitcoin-central.net is registered under the following details:

Domain name: bitcoin-central.net

Registrant:
  W3BFLOWS SARL
  FRANCOIS DAVID
  34 CHARLES CHEFSON
  BOIS-COLOMBES, 92270
  FR
  +33.668242163
  [email protected]

Administrative Contact:
  W3BFLOWS SARL
  FRANCOIS Michel
  34 rue Charles Chefson
  Bois Colombes, 92270
  FR
  +33.672332684
  [email protected]

where "W3BFLOWS SARL" is the company behind bitcoin-central:

Company: W3BFLOWS SARL
Address: FRANCOIS DAVID 34 CHARLES CHEFSON BOIS-COLOMBES, 92270 FR
Phone: +33.668242163

and it seems that FRANCOIS DAVID is the official representative.   FRANCOIS DAVID is  our guy : davout ( https://github.com/davout). That guy is also the CTO in Paymium (http://paymium.com/about/)

Well I dont want to extract any particular cocnclusions. I am just giving out some information that I have found publicly online
Activity: 756
Merit: 1000
Who thinks davout has gone rouge and has left paris to live in asia with his 45,000 bitcoins !! thats a good fresh start that is!!

It seems a perfectly valid hypothesis at this point.  There are many other hypotheses with this rating however.

Is his real identity known?
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276
Who thinks davout has gone rouge and has left paris to live in asia with his 45,000 bitcoins !! thats a good fresh start that is!!

It seems a perfectly valid hypothesis at this point.  There are many other hypotheses with this rating however.

legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276
The coins from my deposit address were tumbled away into instawallet cold storage, and from there
to the address they claim to have "exclusive control" over. So they are probably
not lost. The question is whether I can get them back though.

Thx for the info.  Without feedback from ~davout, paytuna, or whatever it is natural that people will speculate.

I would hypothesis that if any of the services that these guys ran were robbed, it may be Instawallet users who end up paying the bill.  The other services seemed to be (and were) more important where-as Instawallet was always advertised to be of only moderate security.

Activity: 86
Bitcoin is the future.
I checked my address using https://blockchain.info.  They left me a few satoshis men.  Angry Angry Grin

I tried to follow the trail, but I couldn't see it end up on the address posted at bitcoin-central.
na they will have a record of it  Wink
I'm wondering if I'm the only one who attempted to withdraw my coins from instawallet at the unfortunate day of 01.04?

I was not holding any coins there, but tried to tumble some. I sent the coins in, and as soon as they confirmed tried to withdraw
them. The wallet balance went to 0, but the coins never arrived at destination  - the transactions were never broadcast.
Then in about 6-8 hours, instawallet goes down "for maintenance."

I'm afraid I'm even more screwed then those who were  just holding their coins on instawallet.
Unless we all lose all, that is.

The coins from my deposit address were tumbled away into instawallet cold storage, and from there
to the address they claim to have "exclusive control" over. So they are probably

I also had funds on the way out. It had happened before that it would take 24 hours so I wasn't worried.

We shall see. Fingers crossed and good luck mate.
Activity: 333
Merit: 252
I'm wondering if I'm the only one who attempted to withdraw my coins from instawallet at the unfortunate day of 01.04?

I was not holding any coins there, but tried to tumble some. I sent the coins in, and as soon as they confirmed tried to withdraw
them. The wallet balance went to 0, but the coins never arrived at destination  - the transactions were never broadcast.
Then in about 6-8 hours, instawallet goes down "for maintenance."

I'm afraid I'm even more screwed then those who were  just holding their coins on instawallet.
Unless we all lose all, that is.

davout give us a shoutout PLEASE We wanna know what your doing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Cry
yea not a good place to hold them mate. i was only using it as transporter not a wallet to hold.
 i hope you and every1 else gets them back.
I am leaving my computer at work today otherwise i am up all night waiting to hear something.
My opinon is they had a problem they managed to keep everyones coins safe now there going to profit from it before it goes back live!!

cheers

How do you think they can profit from it?
Activity: 68
I got 30 in there the price was  @ $103 each

now there $130 lol

At least you had BTC in there before the steep rise this morning Wink
yea not a good place to hold them mate. i was only using it as transporter not a wallet to hold.
 i hope you and every1 else gets them back.
I am leaving my computer at work today otherwise i am up all night waiting to hear something.
My opinon is they had a problem they managed to keep everyones coins safe now there going to profit from it before it goes back live!!

cheers

A lot more than that. Sad

Didnt realise how unsafe they were and i just started to realise before Easter that i needed to do something about it.

Started a thread to get some advice about the armory and setting it up, even bought an offline asus on friday ready to get it sorted this week.

Oh well....let's see. 
how many coins you got in there steelboy?

I got 30 in there the price was  @ $103 each

now there $130 lol

crazy shit i hope get them back !!!!

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1029
Death to enemies!

So you think if I have used only Firefox in safe mode then it should be all good?
Yes. Firefox don't leak URLs unless some malicious add-on or antivirus/firewall does it. And the safe mode for Firefox are not meant to be "safer" mode of operation. It is only for troubleshooting purposes if some add-on or plugin causes it to crash.

The URL leak is not Instawallet fault, I found another service who still have exactly same problems. I did not manage to find any coins in there but it is only matter of time. At least I will work back the coins that have gone with Instastealwallet.

If I'm going to run away with 4000 coins I will not post message that I will be back. I will post something like this: "Na nana nana I got Your coins and You will not see them again, na na nanaana!" together with picture of Eric Cartman.
I feel your pain steelboy. Kicking myself for not keeping them somewhere more secure, definitely a lesson learnt but hopefully not the hard way!

Yeah the communication has been apalling, and has probably tarnished the company a great deal - it looks like some people have lost A LOT of money, they deserve some sort of explanation. The fact that funds have been moved to this 'Instawallet Cold Storage' address is quite reassuring, unless it's an inside job and they are just stalling  Huh

Cheers mate. Hope you're not in as much as me.

The stalling thing is an option I suppose I just feel that as the owners are known there will be a lot of people ready to kick off if it has gone.
Activity: 68
That's odd. The font used on https://bitcoin-central.net/ and https://paytunia.com/ are different. You'd think they'd just point to the same HTML file..  Tongue

Oddly enough, Instawallet still displays the old downtime message. I can only hope this is an indication of priorities  Wink
Pages:
Jump to: