Pages:
Author

Topic: Insurance or cryptocurrency investment? - page 13. (Read 2934 times)

Activity: 189
Merit: 100
September 09, 2017, 09:01:47 PM
Your money will not worth the same after 10 years, you will be able to buy a car with the same amount which you have to day and could buy a house with it today, fiat is losing it's value as governments print more money without asking for permission, but in crypto especially in bitcoin not only your money won't lose it's value but it will grow exponentially every year. besides it's decentralized and more people will begin to use it as a way to evade paying taxes, you should expect the price to rise 10 times in less than 5 years.
I agree with you. Doing the math, I would say that investing in insurance is just saving to combat inflation. My money today would be same worth after 10 years.
Activity: 924
Merit: 506
September 09, 2017, 08:53:47 PM
Your money will not worth the same after 10 years, you will be able to buy a car with the same amount which you have to day and could buy a house with it today, fiat is losing it's value as governments print more money without asking for permission, but in crypto especially in bitcoin not only your money won't lose it's value but it will grow exponentially every year. besides it's decentralized and more people will begin to use it as a way to evade paying taxes, you should expect the price to rise 10 times in less than 5 years.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 515
September 09, 2017, 07:42:39 PM
The real question is here: are you willing to gamble with money you've set away for your health? For me, this is an easy no.

It's not 100% the same, but compare it to putting your insurance money at risk on roulette. Of course there is a chance to win, but there is also a chance you lose a (large sum) of money.

If you have some spare money, it's fun to invest in crypto's for sure, but I wouldn't invest any money you've put away for real life goals.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 514
September 09, 2017, 07:40:05 PM
Cryptocurrency offers higher interest than insurance obviously, especially if you invest in bitcoin and hold it for long term.
Bitcoin has been proven could gain fantastic value every year, even there are a lot of fluctuation, but at least bitcoin could tanks, recover and rise again. The cycle always repeated, that's way people always sell bitcoin whenever it reach highest price.
Activity: 1904
Merit: 138
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
September 09, 2017, 07:28:46 PM
Investment in bitcoin or crypto currency can be some how risky for one to put in all his or her capital into because of the market volatility of bitcoin and other altcion. so, op invest what you can afford to loose, for i do believe in investment diversification in other to the risk of one loosing all the capital.   
Yes, only one of my insurance I'm planning to pull out others I'll let them be for diversification. But if I would trade and reinvest the money I would pull-out you think it's worth it?

Yes it would be worth it most especially if you are trading as well, just make sure you know what you are getting yourself into because trading is risky and you should know what are the coins you want to invest in.

I agree. If you wanted to take also the trading route, you should be ready of what will happen to your investment, either you lose or gain. And be knowledgeable with the coins/tokens that you wanted to acquire.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
September 09, 2017, 07:11:16 PM
Investment in bitcoin or crypto currency can be some how risky for one to put in all his or her capital into because of the market volatility of bitcoin and other altcion. so, op invest what you can afford to loose, for i do believe in investment diversification in other to the risk of one loosing all the capital.   
Yes, only one of my insurance I'm planning to pull out others I'll let them be for diversification. But if I would trade and reinvest the money I would pull-out you think it's worth it?

Yes it would be worth it most especially if you are trading as well, just make sure you know what you are getting yourself into because trading is risky and you should know what are the coins you want to invest in.
September 09, 2017, 07:02:17 PM
Activity: 1330
Merit: 291
September 09, 2017, 06:23:31 PM
September 09, 2017, 05:46:03 PM
Hi, I'm planning to pull my insurance to invest in crypto for long period of time and trade a portion as well. Recently, I was wondering if I let my money sleep in my insurance for 10 years it will triple but I'm also thinking that what if at that time the value of my money is still the same as today because of inflation. 
Pages:
Jump to: