Pages:
Author

Topic: Intersango Exchange - page 11. (Read 82085 times)

Activity: 910
Merit: 1005
August 15, 2012, 07:39:39 AM
I am also waiting on a withdrawal since Friday (#35845). Is this new bank trouble or just a backlog?
donator
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1110
August 15, 2012, 07:36:31 AM
I'm totally confused by the timestamps. It looks like some of the communication was happening around midnight UK Time, e.g.

Aug. 13, 2012, 11:57 p.m. Chris needs_staff_action -> needs_admin_action

Was that really the case, or have the timestamps suffered some kind of translation?

Edit: Oh, just seen this:

note UK time is actually 1 hour on from that quoted on these messages...

Was it actually happening at around 1am then?

Yes it was & for me around 2 AM in Spain, their staff only seem to come in to the office at night, second job/intern/vampire or something I expect, the Admins can be there at any hours - sometimes very early, sometimes very late also - I've had 4.30 AM replies, but then some days no one seems to bother going to work at all, at least nothing happens that was meant to like transfers out or info on why the delays.

email to [email protected]

Hi,

"Our support team is available by email at [email protected] to quickly answer any questions you may have. Please feel free to contact us. We are happy to help."

Re: #35880

UKWithdrawalRequested Friday 10th August

requested

1433.10 GBP

Why are you ignoring me, why don't you let your customers know what's going on & when it will be sorted out, why won't you return my money in a timely fashion, why does your support page still say that UK bank withdrawals are processed daily when this is not true & you know it, I know of at least 3 other people who have been waiting since Friday - when are you going to send their funds, it is so simple & if your bank have problems then just go & do it in person over the counter next day.

To intentionally deprive others of their money permanently is theft, to do it for as long as you can get away with it is fraud, unless you can give a reliable date when this will be resolved so that your customers can make informed decisions & alternative arrangements if required then I will have to consider this behavior scamming & the worst business practice.

What is your telephone numbers or Skype, you have mine, call me & get this sorted out rather than ruining a whole week for your clients & wrecking your reputation.

My Skype ID: xxx

Thanks for your immediate attention to this well overdue matter,

Otoh
Activity: 295
Merit: 250
August 15, 2012, 07:00:26 AM
I'm totally confused by the timestamps. It looks like some of the communication was happening around midnight UK Time, e.g.

Was that really the case, or have the timestamps suffered some kind of translation?

Edit: Oh, just seen this:

Was it actually happening at around 1am then?
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
In cryptography we trust
August 15, 2012, 06:57:23 AM
By posting here, it can hopefully act as a warning for anyone else thinking of trusting their funds to Intersango

I assume you are aware of the ongoing Bitcoinica case/investigation/lawsuit? Why do you think another company run by exactly the same crooks would handle their customers any better?
donator
August 15, 2012, 05:23:38 AM
By posting here, it can hopefully act as a warning for anyone else thinking of trusting their funds to Intersango & to inform them that the ToS support page is blatantly false when it states:

Bank/Payment service, Withdrawal time, Payments sent daily.

Intersango know this but do not correct it to show how long it will actually take. This is their thread, if they cared in the slightest about their customers & any potential new ones they would at least visit it once in a while & update them here when they are having problems about when they will be solved, so that their customers can make informed decisions & alternative arrangements if needed - in the past I have given up & re-bought coins at a loss, moved them to Gox where I sold them at another loss in $, then exchanged them to GBP at a loss & wired them from Japan to the UK for 2,000 Yen plus other bank fees & it's still faster than what should be a simple straightforward Intersango withdrawal.
donator
August 15, 2012, 05:10:46 AM
Geez man don't you think you're overreacting a bit?  Have you ever tried to withdraw money from mtgox?  In my experience with 15 withdrawals it takes 1-7 days.  They clear in 1 day about half of the time.  Metro bank seems to screw things up regularly.  Intersango is run by bitcoin developers, not customer service experts.  Just deal with it and wait.  I have a withdrawal from Friday too.

No, I don't think that I'm over reacting, I was told that all UK transfers had been made & so committed this money, my money note - not Intersango's, this commitment is now in default & causing me extreme knock on stress, problems & expense. I get no updates or explanation from Intersango, when I query this their system is so stupid & badly designed as to remove my case from Admin needs attention field, this isn't about geeks not being good at customer service it is about a constant failure to operate a half way professional business & have the common curtsey to keep customers informed when there are delays. Gox international wires are different altogether & yes I have used them & it has been a much better experience than this.

UKWithdrawalRequested Friday 10th August

requested

1433.10 GBP

Donald hi,

Kindly send me my money now, today, this morning, this is urgent, I have had a support ticket open since first thing Monday & am just getting the run around - like 'all UK payments have been sent' when it hasn't & is still on requested only, then nothing - no updates, no explanation, no processing & no money.

It takes less than five minutes to make a UK faster bank transfer to a return customer & in 3 days you could at least have visited your bank withdrawn the cash & deposited it in mine at Lloyds, please get your act together as I have had this so many times with Britcoin/Intersango & it causes real inconvenience & unnecessary stress.

Later today I shall be lodging a complaint with Metro bank business customer services, that you are withholding my funds without authorization & refuse to provide any explanation as to why & then I shall escalate this matter in every way I can think of until you return my money.

Thanks,

Otoh

Edit:

emailed to [email protected] (Donald Norman - CEO)

Hi Otoh,

This is not the right contact. Your ticket should be answered in time
but Intersango doesn't guarantee any response time.

emailed to: [email protected] (Patrick Strateman - CTO)

... awaiting response

Activity: 257
Not trusting third parties with my private keys
August 15, 2012, 04:18:02 AM
Geez man don't you think you're overreacting a bit?  Have you ever tried to withdraw money from mtgox?  In my experience with 15 withdrawals it takes 1-7 days.  They clear in 1 day about half of the time.  Metro bank seems to screw things up regularly.  Intersango is run by bitcoin developers, not customer service experts.  Just deal with it and wait.  I have a withdrawal from Friday too.
donator
August 14, 2012, 07:31:26 PM
Aug. 14, 2012, 10:54 p.m. Chris needs_staff_action -> needs_admin_action

Hello Otoh,

Please allow the admin to investigate. If you choose to respond, please make sure the ticket status remains on 'Needs Admin Action.' When you respond and resend to staff action it removes it from the queue for the admin.

I will forward your input to management. In the meantime, please be patient as we look to resolve your issue.

Regards,

Chris
Team Intersango

So it seems that by replying & chasing the issue up because nothing has progressed at all, their internal systems remove you from the queue to be dealt with even though Admin were meant to be actively & urgently solving this issue already - tomorrow unless my money is in my bank account first thing I shall email Donald's personal email & all the other Intersango team, then contact Metro bank business customer services to denounce that my funds are being held without authorization from me or explanation from Intersango, the next day I shall lodge a complaint with the banking ombudsman & the following with the police.

donator
August 14, 2012, 01:22:17 PM
Another whole day passes by, no communication,  no update, no explanation, if there is a problem then you owe it to your customers to keep them informed of what it is & when it will most likely be resolved - it is totally unprofessional & unacceptable to fail to do this.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
August 14, 2012, 07:57:01 AM
I'm still waiting for my £££
donator
August 14, 2012, 07:47:38 AM
Aug. 13, 2012, 11:18 p.m. Donald needs_staff_action -> resolved

Hi Otoh,

We're sorry for the delays. UK payments have now been sent.

We do not have a backlog on payments but we were still working through a backlog of administrative tasks. If we are not able to get up to full speed we will soon adjust the site to reflect expected transfer times.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Sincerely,
Team Intersango

Aug. 13, 2012, 11:23 p.m. resolved -> needs_staff_action

Hi,

That's good to hear, thanks, it's still shown as just requested btw but I assume that you're in the process of updating that.

Sincerely,

Otoh

PS - thanks for the hours you guys put in, I hope that you can get some sleep too.

Aug. 14, 2012, 12:32 a.m. needs_admin_action -> needs_staff_action

Hi Chris,

Your last message was blank btw, still shows requested

Thanks,

Otoh

Aug. 14, 2012, 12:34 a.m. Chris needs_staff_action -> needs_admin_action

Hi Otoh,

I forwarded ticket status to admin. Thank you for your patience.

Aug. 14, 2012, 9:03 a.m. needs_admin_action -> needs_staff_action

Hi,

10 AM UK time Tuesday, yesterday you said that "UK payments have now been sent" & marked my case as resolved, I queried this as it is still only marked as 'requested' & the ticket status was forwarded to admin. This needs dealing with & to be sent this morning, as my previous emails I have had this same problem constantly with UK withdrawals from back in the Britcoin days onwards, you no sooner posted that the problem had been fixed & everything was being processed daily when it once again immediately breaks down. I withdrew the coins that I had up for trading on your site yesterday & have no intention of returning until there is clear evidence that you can function as per your ToS & will update your web page & thread to confirm that you are doing so. I suggest you follow the practice of the PPT Bitcoin Max who lists pending withdrawals in real time for all to see on his site as he appreciates the importance of people being able to take their money back out is paramount. I expect my funds to be sent within the next 3 hours, many thanks.

Sincerely,

Otoh

Aug. 14, 2012, 11:33 a.m. needs_staff_action -> needs_staff_action

U R G E N T

NEEDS ADMIN & STAFF ACTION

JUST SEND ME MY MONEY NOW PSE, I can send you money in less than 1 minute by Internet banking, you just confirmed that you were doing this daily when I requested 4 days ago now, why is this such a constant problem for you - I seriously advise you to close your site down until such time as you can operate a reasonable withdrawal service! In the mean time kindly remove the 'Payments sent daily. ' misinformation from your support page & update your forum thread to reflect just how long you expect to be able to do this simple but vital procedure atm.

Angry Sad Shocked Huh Undecided Cry

donator
August 13, 2012, 12:22:48 PM
The Support page reads payments sent daily, but maybe that should read Mon to Fri only, as I requested one last Fri & at 10AM UK time Mon it still just says Requested - not processed or sent as yet, I trust that it will be sent this morning & am now opening a ticket for it.

UKWithdrawalRequest
requested
For between 1,000 & 2,000 GBP

It depends on the bank receiving, some don't process transactions on weekends, others do.

That doesn't affect that it should be processed & marked as sent daily as stated on their site, Mon thru Sat, if my bank don't clear it to my account until Monday then I'll still know at least that it'll be there first thing then.

As it is I've had a response from team Intersango & they're still clearing a little backlog apparently, if it hasn't been sent by Tuesday first thing then I'll add more re this - it really should have gone off today as it's been over 8 hours since I opened the support ticket even if my Friday W/D request was after hours.

I believe we are just having delays as we are still catching a tiny bit from a backlog that required a lot of work. However I will keep this on admin status incase the payment has been skipped for whatever reason.

Sincerely,
Donald
Team Intersango
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
August 13, 2012, 11:18:24 AM
The Support page reads payments sent daily, but maybe that should read Mon to Fri only, as I requested one last Fri & at 10AM UK time Mon it still just says Requested - not processed or sent as yet, I trust that it will be sent this morning & am now opening a ticket for it.

UKWithdrawalRequest
requested

I'm waiting on mine from last Fri too (#35885)...
Activity: 602
Merit: 512
GLBSE Support [email protected]
August 13, 2012, 06:13:13 AM

UKWithdrawalRequest
requested

It depends on the bank receiving, some don't process transactions on weekends, others do.
donator
August 13, 2012, 05:04:13 AM

UKWithdrawalRequest
requested
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1000
August 10, 2012, 06:19:12 AM
The backlog of UK transfers has now been cleared.
Recieved.

Thanks, I appreciate that must have been a slog.
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
August 10, 2012, 04:15:44 AM
Yep, all good. #35612 & #35048 received this morning.
donator
Activity: 668
Merit: 500
August 10, 2012, 03:02:25 AM

Good stuff.
Activity: 463
Merit: 252
August 10, 2012, 12:59:23 AM
Activity: 257
Not trusting third parties with my private keys
August 09, 2012, 11:42:29 PM
I requested a withdrawl of 200 GBP yesterday to see if everything is working, and it has appeared in my account within 24hr.  I believe Phantomcircuit said if you have a previous transfer to the same bank account for a similar amount it would go through faster.
Pages:
Jump to: