Pages:
Author

Topic: Intersango Exchange - page 13. (Read 82085 times)

Activity: 481
Merit: 502
August 05, 2012, 07:48:19 AM
you 3 idiots  were really on holiday in vegas when all this shit was happening ? seriously ?

ROFLMAO

So that's where all the money has gone!
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
August 05, 2012, 05:52:35 AM
you 3 idiots  were really on holiday in vegas when all this shit was happening ? seriously ?

ROFLMAO
legendary
Activity: 1316
Si vis pacem, para bellum
August 05, 2012, 03:47:17 AM

pity you couldnt issue a verifiable statement for 21 days wile funds were locked down........

There's been a statement there the entire time.

Keep spreading FUD though, it seems like the only thing you're good at.

you told me my transfer hadnt been done by MY bank
you told me i must have got the reference wrong
you told me theres a problem on the interface
you told me theres a problem now with intersangos acct
you then went back to technical difficulties
you then say the online access is not working
this is day 23+ and withdrawls have STILL not been met

basically all lies, B/S and stalling tactics

Activity: 35
Merit: 0
August 05, 2012, 03:33:34 AM

pity you couldnt issue a verifiable statement for 21 days wile funds were locked down........

Patrick, when will I be able to withdraw GBP? It's been several weeks now...
Activity: 463
Merit: 252
August 03, 2012, 08:26:33 PM

brand new
Activity: 0
Merit: 250
August 03, 2012, 02:27:59 PM
In view of the lack of information from Intersango - how about we start our own log to see if we can work out where everybody stands:

I'm waiting for withdrawal #32880

Anyone with a withdrawal request lower than this that has not been processed?
Yes. It says it's 'sent' but it certainly has not. #31697

I suggest everyone else join in the current panic, and anyone with GBP balances at Intersango buy Bitcoins, at whatever price is on offer (note, the ask side of the market is VERY thin right now... whodathunkit?), because you can ship your bitcoins out from Intersango without trouble. You *can't* withdraw your GBP.

And there's a possibility that Metro Bank will decide that Intersango are simply not generating the revenue to justify taking such an AML / KYC risk, because UK regs (certainly for Metro Bank...) state that the head of compliance is on the hook for serious criminal charges (7 years in jail, or was it 15? damn, did the IMC a long time ago) when knowingly dealing with a client who they *consider* to be a *possible* money laundering outfit.

Now, of course, Intersango are not a money laundering outfit. But some of their clients? The KYC is pretty thin.

Considering that the bottom 8 or so asks are speculative £100-£999000 per bitcoin, there's not a lot of liquidity. Maybe 400 BTC on offer for GBP, tops. But the bid market depth is over 1,500.

And with all the FUD here about Intersango potentially 'stealing' everyone's GBP, they're desperate to buy BTC at any price - which can be quickly sent back to their safe wallets.

TL; DR... follow the herd! If you've got any GBP on Intersango, get rid of it NOW and buy my Bitcoins (regardless of how stupidly expensive they are, ahem) - at least you can send them home and retain some value...

Damn, doing exchange arbitrage by hand is tedious and slow Sad  Grin
legendary
August 03, 2012, 06:31:12 PM

Activity: 463
Merit: 252
legendary
August 03, 2012, 03:15:27 PM
if their metro  account gets locked for AML  ,good luck getting your GBP outta there

i think withdrawing as many coins as you can ASAP is probably not such a bad idea

before this turns into Bitcoinica 2

cst
Activity: 110
Merit: 10
The Cosmos doesn't care about you.
August 03, 2012, 03:00:14 PM
In view of the lack of information from Intersango - how about we start our own log to see if we can work out where everybody stands:

I suggest everyone else join in the current panic, and anyone with GBP balances at Intersango buy Bitcoins, at whatever price is on offer (note, the ask side of the market is VERY thin right now... whodathunkit?), because you can ship your bitcoins out from Intersango without trouble. You *can't* withdraw your GBP.

And there's a possibility that Metro Bank will decide that Intersango are simply not generating the revenue to justify taking such an AML / KYC risk, because UK regs (certainly for Metro Bank...) state that the head of compliance is on the hook for serious criminal charges (7 years in jail, or was it 15? damn, did the IMC a long time ago) when knowingly dealing with a client who they *consider* to be a *possible* money laundering outfit.

Now, of course, Intersango are not a money laundering outfit. But some of their clients? The KYC is pretty thin.

Considering that the bottom 8 or so asks are speculative £100-£999000 per bitcoin, there's not a lot of liquidity. Maybe 400 BTC on offer for GBP, tops. But the bid market depth is over 1,500.

And with all the FUD here about Intersango potentially 'stealing' everyone's GBP, they're desperate to buy BTC at any price - which can be quickly sent back to their safe wallets.

TL; DR... follow the herd! If you've got any GBP on Intersango, get rid of it NOW and buy my Bitcoins (regardless of how stupidly expensive they are, ahem) - at least you can send them home and retain some value...

Damn, doing exchange arbitrage by hand is tedious and slow :(  ;D

Well, the ask side just got a bit bigger like 5 mintues ago :p still, I'm not buying at those ridiculous prices, fcuk that shit :P STOP PANICKING people ;)
Activity: 28
August 03, 2012, 02:40:35 PM

Damn, doing exchange arbitrage by hand is tedious and slow Sad  Grin

will the exchange rate go up/down anymore now that Intersango have paid out ? I paid 6.6or so for BTC last night frm MT.dox and though, "feck me my first exchange was down at £5 or so. Im not willing to lose £25 if things change i.e lower soon.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003
August 03, 2012, 02:26:49 PM
Are UK withdraws working need to sell some coin soon for GBP.  Or does anyone know a better and faster way.
cst
Activity: 110
Merit: 10
The Cosmos doesn't care about you.
August 03, 2012, 02:17:49 PM
Yay, my deposit just got in too. That was a looong wait.
August 03, 2012, 02:10:18 PM
So did mines from last week Smiley

Gonna see how the rates go before I purchase ant BTC

Intersango, I apologise for my constant nagging daily on IRC/tickets/here etc.

You did have a problem and it would seem to have been sorted. But in future more official updates would be good and not to be so hostile on IRC.

Anyway, here's to BTC and Intersango, the futures bright the futures BTC
Activity: 14
August 03, 2012, 12:13:12 PM
My deposit from the 19th just hit my account, all accounted for.
August 03, 2012, 11:30:59 AM

I deposited £100 last week, still nothing. After they said they fixed the issues and were working through the backlog I thought I would send £1 to test the waters.... Still nothing.

It states they have no access to there online banking.... it's been like this for 3 days now.

I mean come on surley they have a Buisness account ? and this would take priority to fix.   What if say MT.gox had the same issues ? Would they have to wait aswell.

I'm kinda loosing hope but at the same time I can "possibly" understand it needs further investigation but come on guys !!

Just as i'm getting my head round BTC and really liking how it all works Sad

Being no official BTC body/Financial Ombudsman Service I cant see where and if we can ever get this sorted. C'mon Intersango !! your reading this....

With the way the market went from 6.3 or so to 7 BTC in a short time last night makes me wonder if my £100 is gonna be worth anything the time this is fixed.

Activity: 44
August 03, 2012, 08:37:39 AM

Activity: 16
August 03, 2012, 07:49:37 AM
There's a not now saying that no UK transfers can be processed until metro bank "fixes access to our online account" which really should have been sorted by now....
brand new
Activity: 0
Merit: 250
August 02, 2012, 06:17:16 PM
Forget the snarky responses - just take a look at the action on Intersango's BTC/GBP book right now... and I thought I was clever staying up this morning till 2am or so to get a £6.32 price on my bitcoins...

I've seen Bitcoin volatility since I've been in for a while... this is interesting stuff. £7.00 for a bitcoin? And in volume, the bid/ask spread is wider than normal... guess the FUD here ain't helping the market. I wish I still had my arb bot running Sad
Activity: 44
August 03, 2012, 07:47:05 AM

I'm on the IRC channel and these boards.  My deposit was delayed about 12 days, and an order of magnitude larger than any of the noise I've read so far.  I'm not a shill, know no one working there, and didn't even file a ticket.  Although I think they could communicate better, everything they have said makes sense and I haven't felt any concern at all.

Remember our current financial system sucks, and is burdened with insane regulations where if you don't escalate issues, even those that seem trivial, you can run afoul of AML regulations and be prosecuted as a criminal.

People should just chill out a bit and stop assuming everything is a scam.

(If it wasn't clear my deposit cleared fine, on Wednesday)

Well, try 3k since 11th July - outlined my woes here:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/intersango-debacle-97465
 Surely Patrick has some idea how many are in the queue - why can't he just post the transaction number he's currently processing so we can all make an estimate of when our transaction may go through. The first rule in any crisis is good, clear communication and Intersango have been woeful.
Pages:
Jump to: