Pages:
Author

Topic: Intersango Exchange - page 12. (Read 82085 times)

donator
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1110
August 09, 2012, 02:32:53 PM
I've heard that Intersango GBP bank withdrawals are going through OK now, though their support page still says that there's several days backlog, so lets see if this one that I just requested gets processed & sent tomorrow:

UKWithdrawalRequest
requested
it's for between 500 & 1,000 GBP

Edit 1: just checked on the status a few hours later & it is already marked as sent, which is very fast as this is outside of office hours (it's 4.30 AM atm), looking good - will add an update in about 12 hrs time...

Edit 2: It has cleared in to my account sometime over the last 15 hours, so a very fast early next day service - congrats team Intersango!
I see their support page has also been updated to 'payments sent daily' so nice, I'm sending them some more coins, thanks guys!
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
August 09, 2012, 04:41:42 AM
Lawsuit, boresuits...

Anyone received a withdrawal number lower than #35048 since Monday?
brand new
Activity: 0
Merit: 250
August 07, 2012, 11:29:23 AM
Intersango aren't a scam. They're having trouble with their choice of UK banking partner - Metro Bank - again. Quite why they continue to use these guys, given their continued account lockouts and the range of excuses given, is hard to tell. One thing to note is that Metro Bank appear to be an independent UK retail bank - i.e. not a subsidiary of a giant insolvent foreign bank, or owned by Lloyds Banking Group and hence ultimately the government. Going for a small independent bank makes *some* sense to me, but Metro *really* have to raise their game, since it's impacting Intersango in a material fashion.

Why should anyone listen to me? Well, I'm not linked to Intersango in any way, and have no reason to cheerlead for them, but since I started using them back in the Britcoin days they've *always* eventually come good when there have been any problems.

As of today, I've received four of the five outstanding withdrawals, so that's over £500 confirmed. Add that to the list of successful withdrawals Smiley

Their customer service is surprisingly good - from the trolling on here, you'd think that they never communicate with customers. Nothing could be further from the truth. Perhaps they don't have an employee sitting on these damn forums 24/7 replying to trolls, but that should be acceptable from a *genuine* business.

I've made my concerns known via their ticketing system, and had prompt and personal response from senior Intersango staff. Not a template response, but a considered reply to my queries.

Why would a scam company operate like this? They've had multiple chances to cut and run - but they have not. None of the freezes have been due to Intersango system failures - they were *all* due to Metro Bank account control lockouts. And if your chosen exchange provider has a technical problem with a partner bank, would you rather your money be *frozen* or handed back totally to the exchange operators? Think about it.

No, it's not great that Metro Bank have had so many issues coping with Intersango's business, which is not so insanely high volume that it's out of Metro Bank's level of competency. Intersango should have more than one UK bank so there's no single point of failure. But from their point of view, which has always been 'security' IME, having a single UK banking partner makes cashflow control easier and reduces the number of possible attack vectors for security threats.

Basically, the FUD being thrown around here is nothing more than a direct claim that Intersango directors have no integrity and are thieves-in-waiting. There is no evidence for any wrongdoing. Hence any claim that people should pull their funds from Intersango, due to what is *known* to be a problem with a partner bank, is simply a slur on the honesty and integrity of the Intersango team. If you compare the anonymity and track record of Intersango's directors to the anonymity and track record of those spreading FUD here, hopefully you'll come to the right conclusion...

The Bitcoin world is bigger than just this forum and the loudest voices here. Intersango is a large exchange and deals with a large volume of business. Why should they devote an entire FTE of staff cost to managing their image on a chat forum?

As a customer, if you'd put in a support ticket, you will have received a reply. My queries were replied to in detail and completely satisfactory answers given. And now my money is flowing back, as expected.

The Intersango guys appear to be in Bitcoin for the long run. They're putting a lot of effort and all their resources into Bitcoin and should be applauded. I know that many scams have taken place in the BTC economy... but accusing *every* successful business of being a potential fraud doesn't help new entrepreneurs wanting to make a splash in the market, does it?

The precautionary principle is all well and good, but accusing everyone of being a criminal is going FAR too far.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
August 08, 2012, 03:29:28 PM
Just so Intersango customers know what's going on: Intersango is getting sued in World's first Bitcoin lawsuit:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/worlds-first-bitcoin-lawsuit-cartmell-v-bitcoinica-99222

Filed August 6th:
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B_ECG6JRZs-7dTZ5QS0xcUkxQjQ

Don't be concerned, and happy trading!
Activity: 602
Merit: 512
GLBSE Support [email protected]
August 08, 2012, 11:19:00 AM
My withdrawal was processed yesterday, seems they've gotten through most of the backlog and Intersango.com is back on its feet functioning as normal.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
August 08, 2012, 05:29:33 AM
Well, why don't you post your withdrawal number so that we can work it out?
I've been waiting for #35048 since Monday - anyone waiting for a lower number than this, let us know when you receive it. Help yourselves people!

I'm waiting for #34707 since Saturday

EDIT: just converted it back to BTC in light of the recent law suit
August 08, 2012, 05:15:03 AM
Well, why don't you post your withdrawal number so that we can work it out?
I've been waiting for #35048 since Monday - anyone waiting for a lower number than this, let us know when you receive it. Help yourselves people!
Activity: 35
August 07, 2012, 10:54:05 PM
It would be good if you could provide status update on how long customers are expected to wait for their withdrawals.
Activity: 481
Merit: 502
August 07, 2012, 01:54:01 PM
Great to see withdrawals being processed again!

Hopefully things are getting back on track now Smiley
Activity: 174
August 07, 2012, 06:25:07 AM
just an update,

I received my GBP withdrawal. hopefully things are back on track.
Activity: 602
Merit: 512
GLBSE Support [email protected]
August 06, 2012, 03:16:20 PM
They're working through the transactions but due to limits set by the bank cannot do it all at once.

In reply to my support ticket.

Hi,

Is this regarding a GBP withdraw? We are sending out all withdraws in order. There is a long backlog due to the issues that Metro bank had. Due to daily withdraw limits we cannot process every withdraw in a single day. We hope to be fully caught up by Wednesday.

We cannot prioritise payments out as it would make the transfers take much longer.

We will update support.intersango.com/status to reflect when all payments have gone out.

We are terribly sorry for the inconvenience. We were unable to even communicate with our users due to the influx of tickets and we are still working through the backlog of tickets as well.

Please reopen the ticket if the support.intersango.com/status states that your payment should have been received but still has not been.

Sincerely,
Team Intersango
Activity: 463
Merit: 252
August 06, 2012, 02:54:22 PM
So are the SEPA withdrawals working again? I really want to continue using the Intersango services, but is becoming increasingly difficult to do that. I need to make deposits and withdrawals weekly to keep thing rolling, and the lack of informations/updates is confusing.

SEPA withdrawals were only effected by the pre-scheduled 4 day blackout and have been working since the 1st.
August 06, 2012, 01:50:44 PM
I see people talking about getting deposits in finally, are things working again?

I don't see anybody saying to get money out though  Huh if nobody has got any withdrawals yet that just makes it more suspicious, a convenient bank error, but it's not like they are anonymous, so I will give them the benefit of the doubt, as it might be difficult to deal with banks at this stage of bitcoin's life, but if bitcoin gets mainstream at all, they might be considered trailblazers Tongue that had to wade through this crap in the "early days"

My withdrawal #32880 hit my account today for clearing on Monday. I'm inclined to side with your latter comment rather than your former - my assessment is that Intersango are basically good guys who've bitten off a little more than they can chew at the moment - they just need to employ a few more staff, sweet-talk a few metrobank execs while offering them VIP tickets to the Bitcoin conference and work really hard on giving their clients adequate information when they get FUBAR'd again in the future.

That's nice. I'm looking for more confirmations of withdrawals.
August 05, 2012, 06:27:54 PM
I see people talking about getting deposits in finally, are things working again?

I don't see anybody saying to get money out though  Huh if nobody has got any withdrawals yet that just makes it more suspicious, a convenient bank error, but it's not like they are anonymous, so I will give them the benefit of the doubt, as it might be difficult to deal with banks at this stage of bitcoin's life, but if bitcoin gets mainstream at all, they might be considered trailblazers Tongue that had to wade through this crap in the "early days"

My withdrawal #32880 hit my account today for clearing on Monday. I'm inclined to side with your latter comment rather than your former - my assessment is that Intersango are basically good guys who've bitten off a little more than they can chew at the moment - they just need to employ a few more staff, sweet-talk a few metrobank execs while offering them VIP tickets to the Bitcoin conference and work really hard on giving their clients adequate information when they get FUBAR'd again in the future.
Activity: 174
August 05, 2012, 04:19:48 PM

I don't see anybody saying they got money out though  Huh if nobody has got any withdrawals yet that just makes it more suspicious, a convenient bank error, but it's not like they are anonymous, so I will give them the benefit of the doubt, as it might be difficult to deal with banks at this stage of bitcoin's life, but if bitcoin gets mainstream at all, they might be considered trailblazers Tongue that had to wade through this crap in the "early days"
August 05, 2012, 02:45:38 PM
Got my funds through after waiting 2 weeks but at least it came through eventually, shame about the exchange rate on Coins though!

Hopefully withdrawals are working ok.....

I assume you mean deposit came through okay, rather than withdrawal?
Activity: 16
August 05, 2012, 02:05:24 PM
Got my funds through after waiting 2 weeks but at least it came through eventually, shame about the exchange rate on Coins though!

Hopefully withdrawals are working ok.....
Activity: 28
August 05, 2012, 12:50:07 PM
yeah i suppose, but coming on here anyway wasnt expected.

Activity: 728
Merit: 500
In cryptography we trust
August 05, 2012, 12:08:44 PM
And also thanks Phatom for posting.

Yes it was very generous of him to spend two minutes here to post useless information and insult his customers.
Activity: 28
August 05, 2012, 11:56:44 AM
Noob question but I want to send my cash out of intersango to my account. Is there a fee and will these technical issues effect how long I receive ? I need the cash asap and dont wanna be waiting ages again. Thanks

And also thanks Phatom for posting.
Pages:
Jump to: