Pages:
Author

Topic: Intersango Exchange - page 3. (Read 82085 times)

Activity: 446
Merit: 250
CAT.EX Exchange
December 03, 2012, 07:06:25 AM
So far Bitstamp seems to be a very good compromise:

- Low fees
- Not too many identification hassles
- No withdraw or deposit limit
- Pretty liquid market
- Good customer service

In other words another planet compared to Intersango.
Activity: 225
Merit: 100
November 20, 2012, 11:31:45 AM
anyone tryed out bitstamp.net or bitcoin-24.com? trying to find a good alternative to intersango.
mtgox is just too much hastle with all the damn identifying crap

Switched from Intersango to Bitstamp about a year ago and never had any problems with them.
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
November 20, 2012, 11:26:15 AM
anyone tryed out bitstamp.net or bitcoin-24.com? trying to find a good alternative to intersango.
mtgox is just too much hastle with all the damn identifying crap
donator
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000
November 20, 2012, 10:16:33 AM
Intersango is the oldest and largest exchange to not get hacked.  Your money is probably safer there than any other exchange.
Nope, that would be Bitcoin-Central.net, open-source exchange, older than Britcoin (aka Intersango). Operating smoothly since December 2010. Never hacked.
Since Intersango is apparently unable to keep it together we're launching a new GBP market. Lowest fees available (free incoming wires, 0.99 GBP outgoing wires, 0.498% trade fee)

Unfortunately you don't have a British bank account, so transfers can be a bit steep (10 pounds minimum for international transfers in most banks here).
Activity: 868
November 20, 2012, 09:53:33 AM
I see now that Intersango have updated their Fees:

https://intersango.com/fees.php
TRANSFER FEES
Transfer Type   Accepting deposits   Processing withdrawals
Bitcoin Transfers   Free   Free
EUR (SEPA)   5 PLN (1.23 EUR)   10 EUR
EUR (international)   10 PLN (2.46 EUR)    10 EUR
USD Dwolla   0.25 USD   0.25 USD
PLN (domestic)   Free   Free

It used to be ~1.25Euro for SEPA transfer, not it's 10 Euros.

I wonder do they really charge 10 Euros for SEPA...

damn thats one hell off a fee... one more reason to use another exchange Smiley

EUR (SEPA)   5 PLN (1.23 EUR)   10 EUR
This is really ugly, what those guys are doing. SEPA transfers actually cost about 0.35-0.40 EUR per transactions and fee can be paid by the receiver.
I am so happy I got my coin out of Intersango and I hope I never have to return and do any business with those 3 jokers.

You must be aware that Patrick doesn't even go out of bed, unless he's paid at least 10 EUR.
legendary
Activity: 910
Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank
November 19, 2012, 04:51:13 PM

TRANSFER FEES

EUR (SEPA)   5 PLN (1.23 EUR)   10 EUR
This is really ugly, what those guys are doing. SEPA transfers actually cost about 0.35-0.40 EUR per transactions and fee can be paid by the receiver.
I am so happy I got my coin out of Intersango and I hope I never have to return and do any business with those 3 jokers.
Activity: 560
November 19, 2012, 03:00:11 PM

TRANSFER FEES

Activity: 547
Merit: 531
First bits: 12good
November 19, 2012, 02:17:00 PM

TRANSFER FEES

It used to be ~1.25Euro for SEPA transfer, now it's 10 Euros.

legendary
Activity: 1014
Merit: 1003
VIS ET LIBERTAS
October 27, 2012, 03:31:32 AM
Ahh I guess you have a point if you just want to play the market but never cash out to fiat.
There are anon ways to cash out.
Activity: 257
Not trusting third parties with my private keys
October 25, 2012, 01:02:11 PM
That has always been one of the nice things about intersango.  No identification hassle.  It's not more than a slight inconvenience though, since your bank details identify you anyway when you deposit or cash out.
Not at all. I can open an account, send BTC to my address and trade. No bank gets involved.

Ahh I guess you have a point if you just want to play the market but never cash out to fiat.
legendary
VIS ET LIBERTAS
October 25, 2012, 12:52:29 PM
That has always been one of the nice things about intersango.  No identification hassle.  It's not more than a slight inconvenience though, since your bank details identify you anyway when you deposit or cash out.
Not at all. I can open an account, send BTC to my address and trade. No bank gets involved.
October 25, 2012, 12:31:40 PM
legendary
VIS ET LIBERTAS
October 25, 2012, 12:22:10 PM
The only thing that prevents me from using bitcoincentral are the trading limits and the compulsory ID verification.
October 25, 2012, 11:48:16 AM
Intersango is the oldest and largest exchange to not get hacked.  Your money is probably safer there than any other exchange.
Nope, that would be Bitcoin-Central.net, open-source exchange, older than Britcoin (aka Intersango). Operating smoothly since December 2010. Never hacked.
Since Intersango is apparently unable to keep it together we're launching a new GBP market. Lowest fees available (free incoming wires, 0.99 GBP outgoing wires, 0.498% trade fee)

Bitcoin-central looks fantastic!  I am certainly not going to dispute your age claim, as there is no point in promoting Intersango when they aren't accepting new signups.  In fact, I will switch to promoting bitcoin-central.  I would expect the GBP account to get shut down eventually for the same reason as the others did (too many small transfers and overhead for the bank considering the small average account balance).  But UK residents should trade there now as the fees are lower than on localbitcoins, so I'll put a link in my sig, as soon as I figure out how to make a GBP deposit.  Right now I am only seeing the French bank on my deposit screen.  I'll post in the bitcoin-central thread about it.

@disclaimer201:  Yes, we live on different planets
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
October 25, 2012, 10:17:54 AM
OK guys, who was Nefario and what's with Intersango these days? I'm not seeing much activity there and it was just jumping this summer??
I do hope this Intersango will not go under but let me know if this seems to be the case...it was a superb exchange!

These guys are security experts, which is why Intersango is the oldest and largest exchange to not get hacked.  Your money is probably safer there than any other exchange.

Security experts that can't even secure their email accounts? Security experts that allow access codes to customer funds at MtGox to be included and published(!) in the source-code? Are you fucking kidding me? Do we live on the same planet?
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007
1davout
October 25, 2012, 05:12:54 AM
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
October 24, 2012, 07:04:05 PM
OK guys, who was Nefario and what's with Intersango these days? I'm not seeing much activity there and it was just jumping this summer??
I do hope this Intersango will not go under but let me know if this seems to be the case...it was a superb exchange!

The main problem is the closure of the UK bank acount.  A lot of the UK transactions are going on at https://localbitcoins.com/ now.  The euro account is fine though.  Holding them responsible for bitcoinica, a company for which they do not even have access to all the financial information, is a bit far-fetched.  That will get properly sorted out in court.  These guys are security experts, which is why Intersango is the oldest and largest exchange to not get hacked.  Your money is probably safer there than any other exchange.

It's not hackers from outside I would be concerned about. Also, you are entirely wrong, they were and are fully responsible for bitcoinica and they have deliberatly stalled, some would even argue- sabotaged the process of returning customer funds.
October 24, 2012, 04:18:54 PM

The main problem is the closure of the UK bank acount.  A lot of the UK transactions are going on at https://localbitcoins.com/ now.  The euro account is fine though.  Holding them responsible for bitcoinica, a company for which they do not even have access to all the financial information, is a bit far-fetched.  That will get properly sorted out in court.  These guys are security experts, which is why Intersango is the oldest and largest exchange to not get hacked.  Your money is probably safer there than any other exchange.
Activity: 728
In cryptography we trust
October 24, 2012, 01:04:48 PM

Nefario used to run GLBSE and he and the Intersango/Bitcoinica team are connected in various ways. Currently both are holding (lots of) their former customers money hostage.

Get your money out of there and use another exchange would be my advise.
Activity: 137
Merit: 100
October 24, 2012, 12:59:45 PM
Pages:
Jump to: