Pages:
Author

Topic: Introducing CherryPicking - new Windows & Linux Pool Hopper - page 11. (Read 43136 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
"For each successfully completed bitcoin block, the pool is awarded 50 bitcoins along with small transaction fees. Simplecoin splits the rewarded 50 bitcoins between users based on the number of valid shares they submitted during the last 902,850 shares. Simplecoin keeps the transaction fees (usually 0.01-0.09btc) in order to pay any transaction fees we incur while paying user balances."

is PPLNS not prop
Didn't even read that, just looked it up in the pool comparison table on the wiki and it said Prop there. I guess it's not updated.

CP is telling me I am mining at a speed of 1723 MH/s but looking at my workers average over the last 15 minutes on tripple minings site tells me its at about 800. Which is the more acurate one?
CP takes the numbers from all your miners and adds them up, it doesn't do any estimating itself. If you are lucky and submit lots of shares in a short interval then the miner will report a higher hash rate. What cards are you using to mine? 800 seems a bit low for 5 GPUs, I could probably get 700 out of my 2 5850s if I really pushed them, maybe the pool averages your hash rate over a longer period or is slower to update.

CherryPicking has been updated to v0.6.6

One of my rigs had 0.6.5 both updaters would create an invalid jar.  Would it be possible to have a history of updaters somewhere?  I was able to find my 0.6.5->0.6.5a updater, but in the event that someone is still running a version other than the previous or 0.6.3, then it might be helpful to have the other updaters available so we can catch up and then run the newest updater.
There are links to all the updates that I've released in the 2nd post in this topic. Wink
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
CP is telling me I am mining at a speed of 1723 MH/s but looking at my workers average over the last 15 minutes on tripple minings site tells me its at about 800. Which is the more acurate one?
I would let it mine for 30 minutes at least before the pool itself can give a good estimate on the hashrate.

You still on Windows, Max?
If you update CP to latest version and simply copy the complete CP install folder to your Linux box and change config file to point to poclbm.py it should work...
Activity: 546
Merit: 500

One of my rigs had 0.6.5 both updaters would create an invalid jar.  Would it be possible to have a history of updaters somewhere?  I was able to find my 0.6.5->0.6.5a updater, but in the event that someone is still running a version other than the previous or 0.6.3, then it might be helpful to have the other updaters available so we can catch up and then run the newest updater.
Activity: 504
You're right, it's prop. I've checked it out and a slight change to time-based hopping is needed to make it work, I'll post a new update after I get some sleep, v0.6.6a or something.
Activity: 61
Merit: 0
Sorry, I guess I can't read  Cry

Thanks for the info.

I think simplecoin might be porp though:

"For each successfully completed bitcoin block, the pool is awarded 50 bitcoins along with small transaction fees. Simplecoin splits the rewarded 50 bitcoins between users based on the number of valid shares they submitted during the last 902,850 shares. Simplecoin keeps the transaction fees (usually 0.01-0.09btc) in order to pay any transaction fees we incur while paying user balances."

The commands have been changed from "exit" to just "e" and "info" to "i" (right up there in the changelog  Tongue) because typing long commands was weird with the new live stats mechanism.

I'll see about simplecoin and mainframe, though they're both score pools, aren't they? They won't get you much compared to prop.

Bloodred...if only you ran Microsoft... Wink

So far 100% working on  windows...

Running: 5 miners @ 19bitp: 1718 MH/s 0/86/0% <0/88/0%> I love it!
Glad you like it! Grin

I like this version Smiley 
Also comma works for me with the .csv files in excel 2010.
Yeah, I changed it. It did seem odd to me when I first implemented .csv export that commas didn't work, guess it's just something with Excel on my side, maybe regional settings as someone suggested.
Activity: 61
Typing "exit" doesn't work in 6.6?

Also, has anyone found a fix to get mainframe working?  It is a pretty decent size pool, seems like it would be good to have working.

And does simplecoin.us not have JSON stats?  Is that why it wont work?
Activity: 504
Bloodred...if only you ran Microsoft... Wink

So far 100% working on  windows...

Running: 5 miners @ 19bitp: 1718 MH/s 0/86/0% <0/88/0%> I love it!
Activity: 16
I like this version Smiley 
Also comma works for me with the .csv files in excel 2010.

Changelog:
  • As of this version CherryPicking is officially tested and confirmed to work on Linux (Ubuntu 11.04)! If anybody was wondering, there are no OS-specific versions, the .jar works on both Windows and Linux using the Sun JRE
  • Some Linux-specific bug fixes, there may be some ironing out left but for the most part CherryPicking should work great on Linux.
  • Live mining information display has been added! It shows everything that the former info command showed on a single line that is automatically updated
  • The pretty quick automatic information update made it difficult to type longer commands and still see what you were typing, so they have been shortened. You still need to press Enter to submit the command, even if it's a single letter! Current commands:
    • e (formerly exit) - terminates miner processes, renames the log and stats files and then quits CherryPicking. It still has to be used if to close CherryPicking properly.
    • i (formerly info) - displays mining information and saves the output to the log file, if logging is enabled
  • CherryPicking now costs 0.4BTC

Updates:
v0.6.3 to v0.6.6
v0.6.5a to v0.6.6

Updating in Linux:
You'll still have to use bspatch to update, but you'll have to install it yourself (I'll write a guide some time in the near future). To update rename your current CherryPicking.jar to something like CherryPicking.old, then open a Terminal, navigate to the CherryPicking directory and type:
Code:
bspatch CherryPicking.old CherryPicking.jar update_name.bin
Where the .bin file is the one in the archive you download.

If you've downloaded the bad updates I had up a bit earlier:
1. If you don't know what I'm talking about, ignore this.
2. Download the right update for your version again (links are updated).
3. Delete your current CherryPicking.jar file
4. Rename the .old file that resulted from the bad update to CherryPicking.jar
5. Run the new update as normal
Sorry for the inconvenience!
Don't use Ctrl+C, that won't even close the poclbm processes (thought they will go idle).
I have Excel 2010 and it doesn't interpret the semicolons correctly... Huh If I change them to commas it works. Is it possible it's different by region?
Actually I haven't considered that, you may very well be right. I'll switch it to commas.

Along those lines, is there a way to serialize the cvs's?  By that I mean that if I stop CP and then start it, it writes over the csv.  Could it be appended with the date/time or something like that so I can keep a history?
If you close it properly (with the exit command) it renames the .csv, from "current.csv" to something like "()-() CherryPicking.csv"
Doesn't it do that? If it doesn't it means you've stumbled on a bug, it should rename like it does with log files. Make sure you don't have the file open though, that could cause problems with renaming.

Cool thanks.

As for the csv, I've been using ctrl+c - that's my problem.  I'll give it a try with the exit command instead
I have Excel 2010 and it doesn't interpret the semicolons correctly... Huh If I change them to commas it works. Is it possible it's different by region?
Actually I haven't considered that, you may very well be right. I'll switch it to commas.

Along those lines, is there a way to serialize the cvs's?  By that I mean that if I stop CP and then start it, it writes over the csv.  Could it be appended with the date/time or something like that so I can keep a history?
If you close it properly (with the exit command) it renames the .csv, from "current.csv" to something like "()-() CherryPicking.csv"
Doesn't it do that? If it doesn't it means you've stumbled on a bug, it should rename like it does with log files. Make sure you don't have the file open though, that could cause problems with renaming.
What version of Excel is that? I specifically used semicolons because Excel 2010 didn't interpret comma-delimited csvs correctly. I could easily change it though (Excel has an import wizard anyway).

In other news, version v0.6.6 is coming out today or tomorrow with some Linux bug fixes and live display of mining statistics, like the info poclbm itself displays (screenshot below). When 0.6.6 is out I will probably bump up the price slightly as well.

Sounds like a great update!

I am using Excel 2010 and it doesn't seem to work with the semicolons, so I have to use the wizard.  Mostly just looking for a way to avoid having to run the import wizard each time.

Activity: 75
What version of Excel is that? I specifically used semicolons because Excel 2010 didn't interpret comma-delimited csvs correctly. I could easily change it though (Excel has an import wizard anyway).

In other news, version v0.6.6 is coming out today or tomorrow with some Linux bug fixes and live display of mining statistics, like the info poclbm itself displays (screenshot below). When 0.6.6 is out I will probably bump up the price slightly as well.
I would like to make a request regarding the .csv file.

In the current version, the output is semicolon delimited.  Could you change that to comma delimited to make it easier to open into Excel?

Thanks
Activity: 893
Merit: 250
anyone else having java security certificate issues with bitcoinlc? i haven't had this issue since i first installed CP and i fixed it by following the post on page 2. happening on 3 different machines of mine so that makes it seem like bitcoinlc changed something on their end?

I fixed it by removing the "s" in https when checking for stats

Thanks worked for me also.
Activity: 75
I fixed it by removing the "s" in https when checking for stats

Thanks! That worked for me...
Pages:
Jump to: