Pages:
Author

Topic: Introducing CherryPicking - new Windows & Linux Pool Hopper - page 14. (Read 43136 times)

Activity: 72
Merit: 10
it sounds like you removed the code to tell CP to use all 3 of your gpu's. each gpu needs a miner= line in the cfg file for CP to use it. what exactly did removing the other 2 fix for you? the connection issue with mtred is unrelated to how many gpu's you use
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Power to the people!
yea i got that issue fixed playing around with it.
type info in the command window. it will give you your average hash rate in your current pool, not to be confused with your actual hash rate at that instant, so the number might be smaller than expected. i believe that's how it works at least

can you connect to any other pools?
Activity: 476
Power to the people!
Nice program for the low price i figured id get it and play with it is their anyway to track how many hashes im getting out of my cards.  And i got 3 gpus but only 2 are being used by it and mtred keeps giving a error even tho some times it works.

[Miner2] mtred.com:8337 Problems communicating with bitcoin RPC 0 2
[Miner2] mtred.com:8337 Problems communicating with bitcoin RPC 1 2
[Miner2] mtred.com:8337 Problems communicating with bitcoin RPC 2 2
[Miner2] mtred.com:8337 Problems communicating with bitcoin RPC 3 2
Activity: 252
Are any poclbm processes actually running and staying idle or are they simply not starting in the first place?
I must apologize for my lack of Linux skills, I have no idea how to monitor running processes under Linux and therefore no idea how to check if they start at all.
In Ubuntu you would select from the drop down menus at the top:  System -> Administration -> System Monitor

Processes shows running tasks,
Resources shows (among other things) network utilization.

Why don't you try running poclbm on its own and see if it runs OK.  This way you eliminate one variable (CP).  Be sure to pass it the correct parameters.
Activity: 75
Are any poclbm processes actually running and staying idle or are they simply not starting in the first place?
I must apologize for my lack of Linux skills, I have no idea how to monitor running processes under Linux and therefore no idea how to check if they start at all.

I don't have much experience with Linux either... but if I remember right you can type "top" in to a command prompt and it will show you the top processes. I don't remember the command to show all the processes though.
Activity: 112
Hey Bloodred would it possible to add an option to set the CPU affinity for the poclbm processes?
Java can't do that, but on Windows 7 you can use the start command to force affinity. I'll upload some .bat files shortly.

@Folax Sadly I don't know how to do that either, I don't have much Linux experience and have even forgotten most of that.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Activity: 75
Hey Bloodred would it possible to add an option to set the CPU affinity for the poclbm processes?
Java error: Java needs to be in your Windows Path, please do a search for it in this topic or google the error message, its a very common error and is easily fixed. It's almost asked once every 2 pages here I think, shouldn't be hard to find.

Linux: no shares are being committed. I don't think poclbm is set to do anything.
Activity: 160
thanks, for the java what to do, they can't seem to find java, though i already downloaded it for sure
There's an archive with pool .cfg files available in the 2nd post in this topic. All you need to do is add Miner= entries for your GPU miners to each pool cfg file (your miner accounts on that pool).

Then edit poclbm.cfg to add the path to poclbm.exe and any arguments you may want (-v -w -f, etc)
Activity: 160
downloaded this software but lots of configuration to do, any pre-configured to download?
CP on Linux:
I kept trying and found that just installing poclbm as a package completely kinda fixed the 127.0.0.1 issue.
I was now back at the "error=13 permission denied" track.
I solved that by giving poclbm.exe execution rights:
Code:
chmod +x /poclbm.exe

Now when starting CP all is fine, CP is picking the right pool and then: nothing.

Code:
* Cherry Picking!
=====================================

When I type info I get the stats: 0 for all.

After some time, CP starts to do a check for most efficient pool again, like it should, and then nothing again, dead silence...

poclbm probably isn't working. If you can check GPU loads and see if shares are actually being submitted, but my guess is there aren't.
Activity: 252
CP on Linux:
I kept trying and found that just installing poclbm as a package completely kinda fixed the 127.0.0.1 issue.
Code:
chmod +x /poclbm.exe

Now when starting CP all is fine, CP is picking the right pool and then: nothing.

Code:
* Cherry Picking!

After some time, CP starts to do a check for most efficient pool again, like it should, and then nothing again, dead silence...

Are shares being submitted to the pools?  Maybe poclbm is just not showing its output.  Can you check GPU utilization?
CP on Linux:
Code:
chmod +x /poclbm.exe

Code:
* Cherry Picking!

i'll have to settle for average efficiency for now. looks like i've got a lot of .csv files to start importing
Indeed the per-block efficiency wouldn't be so easy to find, but average efficiency should be pretty easy to calculate. Just see how much you earn on all pools and divide that by the total number of submitted shares (running total for a session is in the .csv). This way you'll get the average value of a share which you can then compared to the expected value which should be 50/diff if I am not mistaken. You can also do this for each pool, but finding the blocks would be difficult with any algorithm besides NORMAL (NORMAL jumps when a new round starts or when 43% is reached).
commas did the trick for google docs, thank you. adding a file to keep track of total shares submitted to each pool per session would be better, but for finding efficiency wouldn't i still need to go the each pools page and look up data for how many BTC i mined there for the time period of each session in CP? i don't think the log file tracks BTC mined.

more specifically, i'm trying to analyze my efficiency on each block a pool finds to see how well CP is doing its job. i'm running multiple rigs with different algorithms in an attempt to compare their results.  CP gives data for a session length, which may or may not include several blocks found. is there a way you can split the data to show shares submitted per block rather than per hop? maybe a bit more work on your end so i understand if you don't want to implement it.

there's probably a way to simulate this but real world data is not always so predictable, and it's beyond my math skills.
Pages:
Jump to: