Pages:
Author

Topic: Introducing CherryPicking - new Windows & Linux Pool Hopper - page 15. (Read 43136 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
I tried it with Excel and it opened fine, haven't tried Google Docs. You could open the .csv file in a regular text editor and replace all occurences of ';' with ',' and see if Google Docs likes it that way. I could also add a file that keeps track of the total shares submitted on each pool, wouldn't be too difficult. Do you mean the total for that session?

Right now I don't think there's an easier way besides adding up the submitted shares for each pool.
Activity: 72
i tried that, but it doesn't import nicely into google docs. all the data from a hop goes into one cell which makes for a lot of cut and paste work. this means i can calculate my efficiency per hop, but i want to know per block. finding the time it took a pool to find a block and then adding up every hop's data in that time span seems like a lot of extra work, especially if there are several .csv files to go through. without a way for CP to keep a running total going for each pool, it seems far less time consuming to just go to each pool's website and look at my shares and payout per block on their stats page. am i missing something here or is there an easier way to calculate my efficiency in each pool using CP?
If you have .csv export enabled you can add up the submitted shares for each pool and see how much you've been paid vs. how much it should have been.
after about a week of CP my average efficiency from 4 proportional pools is 440%, 190%, 310%, 110%. not too bad, but i'm wondering what these will average out to in a few more weeks. does anyone know if bitclockers, ozco or bithasher displays data anywhere to calculate your efficiency?
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
When i try to use the start.bat file, it comes up with error 'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command.

Help please???
You need to add Java to your path.
Please do a search in this thread because it's been asked 2 or 3 pages back.

Googling for the error will give you the same solution: add Java to your Windows Path (also explains how). I solved it with google too.
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
Got it working but now it is ignoring ArsBitcoin.

One or both of the regular expression strings needed to parse round shares are empty or missing.
When i try to use the start.bat file, it comes up with error 'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command.

Help please???
Activity: 893
Merit: 250
I have still been unable to get mtred, rfcpool and bitp to connect using cherry picker.  I am still getting the security messages even after installing the ssl files in the java security folder.

rfcpool is closed, so you don't need to worry about that one.  Bitp.it is SMPPS so you would only use that as a backup.  MtRed is good though, so hopefully you can iron out the issues with that.

Did you try downloading Bloodred's pre-generated jssecacerts file?  Did you put it in C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\lib\security?

Also, what version of java do you have installed?  32-bit jre6 update 26 works for me.

Good luck

Thank you for your help.  I apparently have an x86 version and 64 bit so I put the certs in the x64 and we are good now.  Thank you for the help.  The community and program are great.
So I was confused at which version I was using, but in fact I did use the 6.5->6.5a updater.  It just shows the wrong base version in the batch file (line 2)
I forgot to edit that, oops. The update .bin is definitely good though, yeah.

I have still been unable to get mtred, rfcpool and bitp to connect using cherry picker.  I am still getting the security messages even after installing the ssl files in the java security folder.
Are you sure the jssecacerts file is where it should be (path can differ based on using a 32/64bit OS or 32/64bit JVM)? If you're sure it's in the right place, try reinstalling the JRE.

thanks for the quick updates. got my rigs going again with dynamic fast multiplicative and everything is working smoothly so far
Hope I haven't missed anything serious this time around, but I don't think I have.

Activity: 126
Merit: 100
So to use this program you would need to go to every pool listed and sign up, correct?

What kind of % gain are you getting from this program?
I've checked my Mt Red stats and calculated I'm at about 150% efficiency after a week on that pool, didn't bother to check the others but it's good enough for me.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500

rfcpool is closed, so you don't need to worry about that one.  Bitp.it is SMPPS so you would only use that as a backup.  MtRed is good though, so hopefully you can iron out the issues with that.

Did you try downloading Bloodred's pre-generated jssecacerts file?  Did you put it in C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\lib\security?

Also, what version of java do you have installed?  32-bit jre6 update 26 works for me.

Good luck
Activity: 893
Merit: 250
thanks for the quick updates. got my rigs going again with dynamic fast multiplicative and everything is working smoothly so far
Really? I had no idea bsdiff/bspatch behaved like that. I think you should check the hashes to make sure it's really good though.

Hashes match.

I think I see the confusion now.  The batch file says
This will update CherryPicking from v0.6.3 to v0.6.5a

So I was confused at which version I was using, but in fact I did use the 6.5->6.5a updater.  It just shows the wrong base version in the batch file (line 2)
So to use this program you would need to go to every pool listed and sign up, correct?

What kind of % gain are you getting from this program?
Activity: 504
Yeah, I believe that's correct.

I was just under the impression that we might have to change it to backup manually, as in slush case...
Really? I had no idea bsdiff/bspatch behaved like that. I think you should check the hashes to make sure it's really good though.
CherryPicking has been updated to v0.6.5a
No huge changes this version, a bit of code tidying up and fixed the bugs in the DYNAMIC algorithms (both the one in MULTIPLICATIVE and the one in the 2 ADDITIVE modes). New features coming with 0.6.6, I just released this to get the fixes out, as the bugs were pretty bad.
v0.6.3 to v0.6.5a
v0.6.5 to v0.6.5a

I use NORMAL, so I haven't checked the other modes, but the upgrade was smooth.  No issues even though I accidentally used the 6.3->6.5a on v6.5.
Yeah, I believe that's correct.
Activity: 504
i have setup all of the following pools and left the type as is. Are the types correct or should there be some changes?

1bitclockers Type=PROP
2bitcoinlc Type=PROP
3bithasher Type=PROP
4eclipsemc Type=SCORE
5eligius TYPE=BACKUP
7mineco Type=PPLNS
8mtred Type=PROP
9nofee Type=PROP
10ozco Type=PROP
11polmine Type=PROP
13slush Type=SCORE
14triple Type=PROP