Pages:
Author

Topic: Introducing Hive, a beautiful new wallet for Mac OS X - page 10. (Read 140953 times)

Activity: 145
Merit: 100
┗(°0°)┛
What do you mean by this exactly? DNS repropagation delays should not last several days unless you were using a huge TTL.
It's not a technical issue, it's a human issue Wink

another question - been playing around with the wallet and was wondering how i would do a restore from time machine. I can't find a restore option. If its manually done, how do i do it?
There's no restore option at the moment. If you needed to restore from a backup, you'd have to manually copy the two files from the backup to the right folder. The point wasn't to make it easy to do that automatically, the point was to make it possible to get back your coins in case something horrible happens. The bitcoinkit.wallet file (+ the password, obviously) is the only thing you absolutely need in order to do that, most of the other data can be restored somehow.
KSV
Activity: 398
Merit: 250
SVERIGES VIRTUELLA VALUTAVÄXLING
another question - been playing around with the wallet and was wondering how i would do a restore from time machine. I can't find a restore option. If its manually done, how do i do it?
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1129
We switched servers and haven't yet been able to point the old one again. It will eventually fix itself, but if you want to upgrade in the meantime, just re-download it from the website and you will be on the new update channel.

What do you mean by this exactly? DNS repropagation delays should not last several days unless you were using a huge TTL.
Activity: 101
Merit: 10
Oh well! That's so cool! That's exactly what I was looking for! Thanks !!!
KSV
already did it Wink

just wanted to inform you, in the event u missed it.
Activity: 378
Merit: 325
hivewallet.com
An error occurred in retrieving update information. Please try again later.

Been getting that for a few days now when i try to update it via the update option, any input?

We switched servers and haven't yet been able to point the old one again. It will eventually fix itself, but if you want to upgrade in the meantime, just re-download it from the website and you will be on the new update channel.
KSV
An error occurred in retrieving update information. Please try again later.

Been getting that for a few days now when i try to update it via the update option, any input?
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
nahtnam.com
Website servers are slow!
Yeah, we had reports that it sometimes doesn't work... we're working on getting it moved to a better hosting.

I suggest http://openshift.com because they provide a free vps (3 to be exact) and are somewhat easy to setup. If you want, I could set it up for you! Just send me a pm!
┗(°0°)┛
Hive 1.1 is out! If you had any problems with 1.0, there's a pretty good chance we've fixed them.

Also, check out the QR code scanner/generator.

Full release notes:

• scanning QR codes - in send window, add contact form and in the top menu
  • added button to display QR code for your own address
  • added “Send feedback” option in menu (see “Help” menu)
  • added info about source of exchange rates data (BitcoinAverage)
  • added cancel button to contact form
  • added warning notification if no backups are configured
  • added App Store app - discover and install more apps
  • updated Bitpremier, Bitstamp and Minefield apps
  • Dropbox backup folder can be changed by holding Alt when clicking “Enable”
  • additional local backups in the same directory, just in case everything else fails
  • added Hungarian translation
  • updated French, German, Greek, Polish, Romanian, Tagalog translations
  • various minor UI improvements
  • fixed crash on startup during Dropbox backup
  • API: added a method do install other apps
  • API: apps can specify which API version they require
  • API: list of available currencies
  • API: disabled WebKit same-origin policy hack

Link to zip: https://github.com/hivewallet/hive-osx/releases/download/1.1/Hive-1.1.zip ("Check for Updates" is broken at the moment, hopefully we'll fix it soon but download the zip manually if you don't want to wait).
┗(°0°)┛
A small sneak peak of what's coming really soon in 1.1 - we're pretty excited about this feature Smiley

legendary
Activity: 1498
Global moderators should be able to aswell, I think. Unfortunately I dont think that he is going to create a sub-forum for a piece of software. Maybe for an altcoin or country, but not for a software. :/

There are already subforums for most major wallets.

Really? I have never seen it. Where are they located?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=37.0
┗(°0°)┛
Yeah, we had reports that it sometimes doesn't work... we're working on getting it moved to a better hosting.
legendary
nahtnam.com
legendary
nahtnam.com
Global moderators should be able to aswell, I think. Unfortunately I dont think that he is going to create a sub-forum for a piece of software. Maybe for an altcoin or country, but not for a software. :/

KK thanks. I didnt even know that existed. Maybe you should wait until your out of BETA?

Beta no more: https://github.com/hivewallet/hive-osx/releases/tag/2014012801 Smiley

Wow congrats! Smiley Good luck getting theymos's attention!
Activity: 142
Hive/Ethereum

KK thanks. I didnt even know that existed. Maybe you should wait until your out of BETA?

Beta no more: https://github.com/hivewallet/hive-osx/releases/tag/2014012801 Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1498
Great. You could try asking an admin to create a Hive subforum here, to avoid collapsing everything into this single thread.

That's not a bad idea. Hopefully the admin in question is not Theymos though, because he took almost 2 months to change our username to "hivewallet" with quite a number of reminders. Smiley

Yes only theymos can add subforums
legendary
nahtnam.com

legendary
nahtnam.com

Activity: 378
Merit: 325
hivewallet.com

legendary
nahtnam.com
Great. You could try asking an admin to create a Hive subforum here, to avoid collapsing everything into this single thread.

That's not a bad idea. Hopefully the admin in question is not Theymos though, because he took almost 2 months to change our username to "hivewallet" with quite a number of reminders. Smiley

Yes only theymos can add subforums

Pages:
Jump to: