Pages:
Author

Topic: Introducing Hive, a beautiful new wallet for Mac OS X - page 9. (Read 140953 times)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0
Thank you for replying, but its not in that folder.

What could I search for to find it via Spotlight?

Many thanks
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
Hi there.  Hope someone can help as I am a bit stumped.  Huh 

I have installed Hive on my Mac and it all works wonderfully well.  I have back up running to Dropbox and TimeMachine.

However I have trying to find where the wallet files are actually located on my Mac, but to no avail.  I have looked for the Hive folder in the Library>ApplicationSupport, but its not there.  (have unhidden all files and folders)

Any idea where Hive could have installed itself?  When I search for it using spotlight, absolutely nothing comes up.  Befuddled.... :-)

Code:
~/Library/Application Support/Hive/BitcoinJ.network

That is where your wallet is store.
Activity: 2
Hi there.  Hope someone can help as I am a bit stumped.  Huh 

I have installed Hive on my Mac and it all works wonderfully well.  I have back up running to Dropbox and TimeMachine.

However I have trying to find where the wallet files are actually located on my Mac, but to no avail.  I have looked for the Hive folder in the Library>ApplicationSupport, but its not there.  (have unhidden all files and folders)

Any idea where Hive could have installed itself?  When I search for it using spotlight, absolutely nothing comes up.  Befuddled.... :-)
Activity: 145
Merit: 100
┗(°0°)┛
Hi,

it took a while, but we finally have a Gatekeeper-compatible certificate. The latest version (1.1.4) should no longer show that ugly warning when you download and run it.

Apart from that, last month was mostly about bug fixes - if you still have any major problems (crashing on startup etc.), submit the crash report and contact us at [email protected]. You can also report problems and suggestions on the issues page (https://github.com/hivewallet/hive-osx/issues).

And if you'd like to help us improve the translation for your language, we're still looking for translators - let us know of just head straight to https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/hive-osx/, create an account and join the project.

Direct link to the latest build: https://github.com/hivewallet/hive-osx/releases/download/1.1.4/Hive-1.1.4.zip
Activity: 378
Merit: 325
hivewallet.com
Quote from: hivewallet
Q: Is it really safe for novices to use, right now?
A: Almost certainly not, it may even be dangerous! Besides still having many bugs, Hive at present lacks many basic features. This release should be considered an early version, for testing and development purposes only.

How is this going? any major progress? I'm dying to give this a go but I want to make sure my coins are safe.
Currently with Armoury.

Thanks for pointing that out. We just modified the post to reflect the current state of things: No product is perfect, but we are indeed using it every day now, with our own coin. We believe it to be safe.

Looks amazing. Hope to see version for Windows)
Aren't you thinking about doing it?  Wink

We're not able to do it ourselves, but if an excellent Windows developer wants to step up to the challenge, he or she should contact us!
Activity: 12
Looks amazing. Hope to see version for Windows)
Aren't you thinking about doing it?  Wink
hivewallet.com
How cool! :-)
Activity: 103
Merit: 10
sry but must upload it here! Seen last weekend on highway Smiley

hivewallet.com
legendary
Activity: 1092
nahtnam.com
Hi, love the Hive wallet!  Just wondering being all protective and safe about my hard earned coins... How exactly do you get your private key from Hive?  With the bitcoin-qt client you can easily extract your private key.  Haven't found a way for Hive.  Isn't it so that when your laptop crashes, and you don't have your wallet backed up, the private key is the only way to salvage your bitcoins?  Therefore looking for a way to extract the private key from my Hive wallet.  Would be great to incorporate a "print paper wallet" feature in Hive which prints you private key. No?
That's why Hive insists from the beginning that you back up the wallet Smiley If your laptop crashes and you have a copy e.g. on an external Time Machine drive or in your Dropbox, you can restore the wallet from the backup. (There's no option in the app to do this yet, but you can just copy the files manually in the right place.)

Extracting the private key itself is also theoretically possible, but as above, there's no way to do that from inside the app yet. You could try to do that with Mike Hearn's bitcoinj wallet tool if you're really determined, but if it's only for backup purposes then there isn't much point as you can just back up the whole wallet.

Maybe add the ability to export private keys or print a paper wallet for the next version?
┗(°0°)┛
Hi, love the Hive wallet!  Just wondering being all protective and safe about my hard earned coins... How exactly do you get your private key from Hive?  With the bitcoin-qt client you can easily extract your private key.  Haven't found a way for Hive.  Isn't it so that when your laptop crashes, and you don't have your wallet backed up, the private key is the only way to salvage your bitcoins?  Therefore looking for a way to extract the private key from my Hive wallet.  Would be great to incorporate a "print paper wallet" feature in Hive which prints you private key. No?
That's why Hive insists from the beginning that you back up the wallet Smiley If your laptop crashes and you have a copy e.g. on an external Time Machine drive or in your Dropbox, you can restore the wallet from the backup. (There's no option in the app to do this yet, but you can just copy the files manually in the right place.)

Extracting the private key itself is also theoretically possible, but as above, there's no way to do that from inside the app yet. You could try to do that with Mike Hearn's bitcoinj wallet tool if you're really determined, but if it's only for backup purposes then there isn't much point as you can just back up the whole wallet.
Activity: 117
Merit: 10
legendary
nahtnam.com
What would it cost for you guys to build this for windows?

Maybe start a little fundraiser thread. Wink Wendell

It might not be a bad idea, but honestly the first thing to do is find an interested Windows programmer. We have not had much success in our quest to find someone. Quite a few mediocre people have stepped up and offered help, but no one who seemed to really know what they were doing. Perhaps though, a pool of active money could help. A public fundraising campaign certainly might get the appropriate developers' attention.

What do you guys think?

Yep, a public fundraiser would get the attention of a lot of devs. Just a matter of time before a "pro" would notice it.
hivewallet.com

It might not be a bad idea, but honestly the first thing to do is find an interested Windows programmer. We have not had much success in our quest to find someone. Quite a few mediocre people have stepped up and offered help, but no one who seemed to really know what they were doing. Perhaps though, a pool of active money could help. A public fundraising campaign certainly might get the appropriate developers' attention.

What do you guys think?
legendary
nahtnam.com

B

Activity: 297
Merit: 251
Founder, Filmmaker, Fun Guy

B
I'm having trouble installing the bitcoin store app from the app market, I get this error  - Expected status code in (200-299), got 404
any ideas?

It's been reported. Watch: https://github.com/hivewallet/app-store/issues/16

Fixed. You should be able to download the app now Cool
I'm having trouble installing the bitcoin store app from the app market, I get this error  - Expected status code in (200-299), got 404
any ideas?

It's been reported. Watch: https://github.com/hivewallet/app-store/issues/16
Activity: 26
any ideas?
┗(°0°)┛
Hive 1.1.2 is out - two biggest changes:

1) lock screen on startup that asks you for the password before it lets you in:

2) context menu on the apps page - you can now uninstall apps:

Link: https://github.com/hivewallet/hive-osx/releases/download/1.1.2/Hive-1.1.2.zip
Pages:
Jump to: