Pages:
Author

Topic: Investing all my savings! - page 42. (Read 14329 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 11
November 24, 2017, 10:13:37 AM
I seriously think you have a strong determination and guts in order to do this. Phew. Not only is it risky with the volatility but also the security. 5-10 years @@ A safebox should come into ur mind Cheesy
Activity: 322
Merit: 100
November 24, 2017, 10:12:35 AM
Hello guys! I am planning on investing all my savings (12500$) in cryptocurrency, so I would really like to hear your opinion. My current plan is to split it in to 3 :
-50% bitcoin.
-25% ethereum.
-25% litecoin.

I am investing the money at the next dip.
Please post your opinion guys.

Edit: I should mention that this is for a longtherm hold, about 5-10 years

Sorry for my bad english, but I am better reading it than writing it.. :p

I think that would be so nice because that will indeed gain a lot of profit especially through bitcoins and ethereum but it is a risky decision knowing that you will invest all of your savings. I advice that just save more for your peesonal things because maybe you needed that money. But if you are really dedicated to invest in this business probably higher the percentage of the bitcoins and ethereum because those are the sure profits i promise. Bitcoins can be short or long time investment and ethereum can bloom just like what happen to bitcoins lite coins on the other hand, i am not sure.
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
November 24, 2017, 09:25:06 AM
Do not invest all your money. Must stay for a rainy day. I always leave 20% of the income untouchable. Otherwise, you can lose everything.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 565
November 24, 2017, 09:20:38 AM
Hello guys! I am planning on investing all my savings (12500$) in cryptocurrency, so I would really like to hear your opinion. My current plan is to split it in to 3 :
-50% bitcoin.
-25% ethereum.
-25% litecoin.

It's really a right way since you are using your savings for investing purpose. Its not a good idea to invest the whole money and specifically not for 5 to 10 years. Whatever may happen like bad or good.
My suggestions to you is rotating your funds like buy whenever the dip and draw when its high. Save those profits and try to take back your capital. Use your profits for holding or whatever not depends how much. you should always take your initial money like a business.
Now a days the bitcoin growth is very fast and it will not make you wait for years to earn. Anyway it depends on your satisfaction
Activity: 659
Merit: 500
Zepher is scammer!:)
November 24, 2017, 06:57:11 AM
Investing all your savings can never be a good idea, crypto world has ups and downs.

Did not agree to You ...First research which coin can go up...and in dips dont panic sell but hold, then comes ups and You win Wink
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Ammo Reloaded - Project Lead
November 24, 2017, 05:17:19 AM
"The lesson is don't give up on a cryptocurrency just because it's down. A well-researched investment should be worth holding onto. The intrinsic value of an investment materializes over time."
Activity: 169
Merit: 10
NEM Wallet: NA4P5WURI6CYWZ3KRYZ6BZ2WBYWGFJDWY6BZ5Y
November 24, 2017, 04:49:16 AM
Investing all your savings can never be a good idea, crypto world has ups and downs.
Activity: 2534
Merit: 586
November 24, 2017, 04:46:41 AM
-50% bitcoin.
-25% ethereum.
-25% litecoin.

The most important rule of investment is "Never Make an Investment if You Couldn't Afford a Total Loss".
I don't think anyone can afford to loose all his saving.

Except that the coins he listed are very sensible choices for long term savings, much better than earning next to zero interest in a bank.

Back in July I took all the cash in a savings account and bought bitcoin. Bitcoin has gone from $2000 to nearly $8000 in that time.
It was not all my money, but a big chunk went into BTC.
The other day bitcoin dropped to $6000, I bought more! Right now bitcoin is almost back to 7500!
I've nearly quadrupled my savings in a few short months.
Bitcoin will very like break 10k by January.

Whould I buy more at 10? Very likely I would, unless some other coin looked like a better buy.
It is not all my money but this crypto is rapidly becoming a very significant investment. Right now I would rather have my money in bitcoin than any fiat.

Don’t go for any other coin stick to bitcoin because this will surely touch 10k in the end of this year and you are asking about buying at ten if you have capital now then buy now don’t invest when it id high maybe it goes down and you need more time to gather profit from it, choice is all your but here is my suggestion consider it if you want to make profit in the end of January than invest faster and wait for 2k18.
Activity: 659
Merit: 500
Zepher is scammer!:)
November 22, 2017, 01:28:43 PM
-50% bitcoin.
-25% ethereum.
-25% litecoin.

That's a huge amount, the thing I could say to you is buy altcoins such as Ethereum, Xem, Waves, Mysterium/myst, Adex/adx, and Bitcoin. Now its up to you how many percentage you are going to divide it in the altcoins which I had mentioned.

Better I prefer neo
Activity: 266
November 22, 2017, 09:54:41 AM
-50% bitcoin.
-25% ethereum.
-25% litecoin.

To my opinion - you can't invest all your savings in cruptocurrency or any other places. It's gives you too big risk in next 6 months or further. I spent for bitcoin only 10% all my savings. Maybe you'll win at the end, but your nerves never take back to you.
It's really up to you if you really want to invest all your savings into cryptocurrencies. If you feel like you don't have anything else to do with your savings, then go ahead and invest it. You can really earn a lot of profit if you plan on holding it for a long time especially with bitcoin. But you should always be prepared for the worst. Don't invest your money if you're not ready to lose it.
Activity: 1134
Merit: 517
November 22, 2017, 09:31:15 AM
Despite the fact that you split your money into different crypto currency it is the same thing as you didn't diversify your investment capital into different investment opportunities because if any thing negative should happen to crypto currency generally all your investment will be gone. So, I will advise you to invest some portion into some real sectors in the economy to reduce the risk of losing your capital. You can further seek experts advise before you invest all your money into crypto currency.
That sounds like the rhetoric most newbies put up here everyday asking, "What would happen to Bitcoin if the internet is shut down!"  Must versed and knowledge people are aware the internet was built to survive total break down in communication same way these coins are designed to resist banning, which is the worst that could happen to any coin. Something worthy of note is that the 3 coins of choice, especially Ether is not positively correlated to the others, so what affects the others is likely going to favor ETH for instance.
Activity: 4
November 22, 2017, 08:54:00 AM
-50% bitcoin.
-25% ethereum.
-25% litecoin.

To my opinion - you can't invest all your savings in cruptocurrency or any other places. It's gives you too big risk in next 6 months or further. I spent for bitcoin only 10% all my savings. Maybe you'll win at the end, but your nerves never take back to you.
Activity: 910
Merit: 251
November 22, 2017, 08:24:26 AM
Before investing all your saving to bitcoin , you should consider this first. The emergency fund or cash buffer. You should have a saved money for emergency purposes because a liquid cash is a necessity. If you have this aside from the savings you invest, well go for it then.
Investing all your savings into bitcoin was a nice idea if you really understand what bitcoin really all about. Now, if ever you had a doubt in it even for a little bit feelings, I guess it is much better not to continue to invest it all. Make sure you're gonna do this with 100% belief in bitcoin.
Activity: 364
November 22, 2017, 03:20:27 AM
I agree with Bitcoin and ETH. But with Litecoin, I think its price is too high now, and it will fall down soon. Let choose another coin such as Ripple.
Activity: 392
Merit: 105
November 22, 2017, 02:09:02 AM
Bitcoin, Ethereum and Litecoin? Without a doubt it is a very conservative portfolio, although taking into account that your investment plans are very long term (ten years), maybe it could work... if not before those coins disappear. I believe that allocating the savings of your life to assets as volatile and unpredictable as cryptocurrencies could be an unnecessary risk.
Activity: 238
November 22, 2017, 01:57:51 AM
-50% bitcoin.
-25% ethereum.
-25% litecoin.

That's a huge amount, the thing I could say to you is buy altcoins such as Ethereum, Xem, Waves, Mysterium/myst, Adex/adx, and Bitcoin. Now its up to you how many percentage you are going to divide it in the altcoins which I had mentioned.
Yes, I think we should split it up and invest in different altcoins to make the most of it.
Activity: 42
November 22, 2017, 01:42:59 AM
I STILL think this is a dangerous thing. Embarrassed

Make sure you know what you do and what well happen. Shocked
Activity: 162
Merit: 1
November 22, 2017, 01:16:19 AM
Save some for something outside cryptocurrency. Like stocks, life insurance or maybe a business. You can never be too sure.
Activity: 406
Merit: 251
November 22, 2017, 12:41:15 AM
I think what you are doing is risky but on the other side there will be many benefits you can make in the future, dividing your savings into some crypto currency is not a bad thing but what we know the price of crypto is not as stable as sometimes rise and sometimes it goes down further, and I think it's better to keep some money there for urgent or emergency purposes, and the rest you can use to buy some crypto you want
Activity: 361
Merit: 101
November 21, 2017, 11:45:50 PM
-50% bitcoin.
-25% ethereum.
-25% litecoin.

Pages:
Jump to: