Pages:
Author

Topic: Investing all my savings! - page 46. (Read 14329 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
November 12, 2017, 09:10:35 PM

The 3 options that you have chosen are great, but I would suggest a little different splitting. 45% BTC, 35% ETH, 20% LTC. ETH is getting a lot of attention so its better to invest a little more in it. But I would like to advice you not to invest all your life savings, just don't do that, keep some in bank you never know when you might need them.  
[/quote]

Might be better you split your capital into minimum 5 different coins.
And dont invest all of your saving. Just invest how much that you can afford to loss.
Activity: 238
Merit: 102
1st of May
November 12, 2017, 09:06:49 PM
Hello guys! I am planning on investing all my savings (12500$) in cryptocurrency, so I would really like to hear your opinion. My current plan is to split it in to 3 :
-50% bitcoin.
-25% ethereum.
-25% litecoin.

I am investing the money at the next dip.
Please post your opinion guys.

Edit: I should mention that this is for a longtherm hold, about 5-10 years

Sorry for my bad english, but I am better reading it than writing it.. :p

For long term in that period 5 till 10 years,  i suggest to invest bitcoin, etehrium and waves.
But i strictly tell you that never invest all of your saving into this investment. Its risk.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
November 12, 2017, 06:48:04 PM
Hello guys! I am planning on investing all my savings (12500$) in cryptocurrency, so I would really like to hear your opinion. My current plan is to split it in to 3 :
-50% bitcoin.
-25% ethereum.
-25% litecoin.

You have nice saving account in the numbers. The distribution of your portfolio is very logical. At least, very logical to me. I would prepare a similar distribution if I were to make another investment. My favourites are BTC, ETH and LTC besides other coins.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
IF PROBLEM WITH MY TRUST THEN BRING AN ESCROW.
November 12, 2017, 04:48:15 PM
It will give me a decent time to spend in a future in light of the fact that bitcoin is 100% trusted and it will convey many changes to my life. So it's better that I will put all my sparing into bitcoin. Since after all these sparing will turn out to be much more twofold than that as we are anticipating.
Activity: 588
Merit: 251
November 12, 2017, 03:54:54 PM
It's a good plan, but it's not totally good putting all of your savings into crypto. But looking at the coins you wish to invest into, you can take BCH for litecoin or XRP will be more better. You can check into it for more details and make your conclusions.
Activity: 458
Merit: 10
November 12, 2017, 03:36:11 PM

My advise, do not invest all in crypto because of its volatility, its risky to invest all savings in crypto.
Activity: 476
Merit: 103
November 12, 2017, 03:21:06 PM
If you have a good experience with trading then only i suggest you to invest all your 12500$ in crypto currencies. But if you are new then i think you should earn some experience and not go for the investing all your money.
Activity: 110
November 12, 2017, 02:40:27 PM
It is a good thinng to think about investing, most especially for the future. However, you need to have a good strategy before investing all your savings. Just a piece of advice, carefully plan everything before you gamble all your savings. We all know that some invesents might be successful and some might not. Good luck.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 281
November 12, 2017, 12:24:15 PM
-50% bitcoin.
-25% ethereum.
-25% litecoin.

I think your plan is a really good. You should put all of your savings to the cryptocurrency world. You should not become fear to lose your money and you must have a hope and faith to you investment. Many people doesn't earn big amount of money because they are scared to invest their money.
Activity: 616
Merit: 105
November 12, 2017, 09:32:06 AM
I think it's better 70/75% to bitcoin 15% to the remaining eth to LTC
but did not rule out
would be nice if want to invest everything
Activity: 686
November 11, 2017, 12:01:31 PM
As much as I love bitcoin and Alt coins, it's really a bad Idea investing all you have including your savings. The volatile market of crypto is really something you might consider before going all in, never let emotion affect your investment decision. You might be hype by the price of bitcoin and crypto rallying up and decided to go all in to gain more profit, I'm afraid you will lose a big chunk of your savings . Just invest what you can afford to lose mate.
Activity: 798
Merit: 258
November 11, 2017, 11:43:28 AM
-50% bitcoin.
-25% ethereum.
-25% litecoin.

12500$ is a huge amount here in my country, its more than half million here, If I were you mate the 50% must invest in potential ICO that has KYC then the remaining 50% must split then into 3 from bitcoin, Waves , and Ethereum, which I think is good to hold in a long term.
Activity: 154
Merit: 15
November 11, 2017, 10:44:28 AM
This time is the perfect time to buy bitcoin. Because of segwit2x cancellation, it continues to go low as of the moment. After this time, your money will double.
Activity: 896
Merit: 502
November 11, 2017, 10:27:31 AM
It is a good decision to make bigger investment for btc than other currency ..but
Remember to be careful with your move... .
Its is really good to invest money for a long term for a bigger return . but still you should think about it again for you to be sure with your decision

Yes.  Seems like OP is wanting to suggest longer term investment, and surely OP could get into trouble with allocations towards any cryptos besides Bitcoin when going down the long-term thinking path.

In other words, alts likely need more monitoring than bitcoin in terms of long term investing.. and perhaps, it would be better to tweak a bit more in favor of bitcoin, instead of giving so much weight to alts (the chosen ones of ETH and LTC in the OP scenario).

So maybe 80% BTC and 10% on each of the alts would be a bit safer long term appropriation (which longer term could mean, set it and forget it). 
That will give you huge profit in future and investing all the saving into bitcoin is more preferable than keeping them into the bank because bank return some of profit after long term whereas bitcoin is so impressive that it is giving profit of 1000$ and think that you are investing now and you will cash out your coin after one year your investment will be 100% more as compared to now and that will be the profit.
Activity: 630
Merit: 251
November 11, 2017, 10:15:31 AM
If that $12500 is on my hands, I will not invest it all in cryptocurrencies. Investing in cryptocurrencies requires a lot of time. We do not know what may happen if we invest all of our money or savings. We still need to have an emergency fund. Investing all your savings is way too risky. So the best thing to do is, have a pinch of your savings for emergency fund. It is for safety purposes.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 329
November 11, 2017, 10:00:47 AM
i think investing all money is a bad idea. In my opinion, you should spend 50% for cryptocurrency, 30% for bitcoin and 20% for eth. 50% remain you should saving and waiting for a good change to invest. Don't risk everything if you can not handle it or understand it quite clearly.
I think you are right because not investing all of your money is enough to say that you have a good management in your money because staying your 50% as an emergency funds for the possible worst case scenarios is enough to say that you will become safe in any instances. Invest in cryptocurrencies but be careful and don't be greedy.
yes and emergency are always come when the time that we dont even know when it will so better to take only 50% of your saving in investment then the otehr is for your emergency needed.
Activity: 2422
Merit: 343
November 11, 2017, 09:55:58 AM
i think investing all money is a bad idea. In my opinion, you should spend 50% for cryptocurrency, 30% for bitcoin and 20% for eth. 50% remain you should saving and waiting for a good change to invest. Don't risk everything if you can not handle it or understand it quite clearly.
I think you are right because not investing all of your money is enough to say that you have a good management in your money because staying your 50% as an emergency funds for the possible worst case scenarios is enough to say that you will become safe in any instances. Invest in cryptocurrencies but be careful and don't be greedy.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
November 11, 2017, 09:43:52 AM
Activity: 2128
Merit: 180
November 11, 2017, 09:22:11 AM
-50% bitcoin.
-25% ethereum.
-25% litecoin.

Oh i suggest not to put all your money into it why? This is not to discourage you but just to remind you that you might loose your money in no time, because we do not know how people will going to hold if the price increases. So I suggest not to put all your money into it and keep your money only in one coin for now and that is the Bitcoin.

Yeah putting all your money into one investment is really not an ideal thing because you might face bigger risk when you do this. It is right to diversify your portfolio but don't do that in one time big time. Investing is really good but you must consider the risk when you invest, so expect to incur some losses but always be optimistic.
Activity: 966
Merit: 506
November 11, 2017, 09:11:58 AM
-50% bitcoin.
-25% ethereum.
-25% litecoin.

Oh i suggest not to put all your money into it why? This is not to discourage you but just to remind you that you might loose your money in no time, because we do not know how people will going to hold if the price increases. So I suggest not to put all your money into it and keep your money only in one coin for now and that is the Bitcoin.
Pages:
Jump to: