Pages:
Author

Topic: Investing all my savings! - page 58. (Read 14329 times)

Activity: 167
Merit: 10
October 24, 2017, 06:19:17 PM
My friend, a decision of this nature should be guided by expert advice and not by an emotional impulse guided by the anonymous members of a forum of which we do not know their experience or true intentions. If you are not sure what to do with your money, then only invest a minimum amount, that you can afford to lose.
Activity: 686
Merit: 250
October 24, 2017, 05:41:28 PM
Hello guys! I am planning on investing all my savings (12500$) in cryptocurrency, so I would really like to hear your opinion. My current plan is to split it in to 3 :
-50% bitcoin.
-25% ethereum.
-25% litecoin.

I am investing the money at the next dip.
Please post your opinion guys.

Edit: I should mention that this is for a longtherm hold, about 5-10 years

Sorry for my bad english, but I am better reading it than writing it.. :p

Crypto currency is high risk investment. Don´t put all your savings in it. You will regret it. If things dip hard you will find yourself loosing your sleep over it.
Has for diversifying thats a good idea.
Activity: 1065
Merit: 510
October 24, 2017, 04:24:23 PM
Hello guys! I am planning on investing all my savings (12500$) in cryptocurrency, so I would really like to hear your opinion. My current plan is to split it in to 3 :
-50% bitcoin.
-25% ethereum.
-25% litecoin.

Good diversification and i like the selection of the coin which is actually capable for long term runs but a friendly suggestion better to always secure funds for emergency purposes which arent really related to investment.Just for emergency since we wont really know on when those times we do urgently need of money and if we did completely invest it we would really have a hard time on finding money for sure since you are holding it for long term.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
October 24, 2017, 04:06:56 PM
-50% bitcoin.
-25% ethereum.
-25% litecoin.

all your savings? lol dont do it
Activity: 121
October 24, 2017, 04:02:59 PM
Investing all savings into crypto is not a good idea at all.However, Your split system is like a good technic.you can also add a coin that has a good future I think.It's Waves coin.
The cryptocurrency is the best place to invest your money in this decade because it is a new technology. The world is changing and you have to know that everything will be replaced by something new and more useful. From my point of view, the blockchain, as well as the cryptocurrency, will replace something in our life and become a part of our world. That is why we should invest all of our money in crypto
Activity: 743
Merit: 500
October 24, 2017, 03:25:33 PM
Since it's your own money we don't have the rights to stop you from investing all your savings. If I were you, i'll go all-in in bitcoin. The price is keep on achieving and surpassing it's price goal. As well as matured enough not to happen again what happened before.
The way on how he divided her saving in investment there is nothing wrong unless it is good but the this is the way of investing it all i may agree that this is not a good idea yes you're right we dont have any rights regarding on his saving because he is the owner but i think more study regarding on investing on how he must handle is the best.
legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1015
October 24, 2017, 03:06:29 PM
Since it's your own money we don't have the rights to stop you from investing all your savings. If I were you, i'll go all-in in bitcoin. The price is keep on achieving and surpassing it's price goal. As well as matured enough not to happen again what happened before.
Activity: 364
October 24, 2017, 02:58:10 PM
I would suggest you slash the money into 4 parts let two of the parts be your investment and then u can do a normal savings on the remaining two
Activity: 602
Merit: 251
I am a professional Web Designer and Developer
October 24, 2017, 02:50:03 PM
I think investing all the saving is not so good. You have to keep little portions from that and can invest the rest. And cryptocurrency is good for investment and making the profit. You can invest on Waves. Now Waves coin price is low($3.85-$4.50). At the end of this year, Waves coin will be $10. And this is the most potential coin.
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 10832
Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"
October 24, 2017, 02:29:17 PM
Let me just provide a quickie input.

I understand that OP is asserting that he is planning to buy in the ratios that he suggests on the next dip, but what the fuck is a dip, exactly?  None of us know for sure, and therefore, you plan should be better than just dumping everything you got in at one point.. Any of us should have a bit better and a systematic plan over a certain period of time.

Yeah, I am o.k.... because I began to take my stake in bitcoin in late 2013, and i largely took the vast majority of my stake in bitcoin by 2014 - however, it still took me a year to establish what i considered to be a decent and working stake in bitcoin.  Sure, my practice has evolved somewhat from then too, yet here it seems that the goal of OP is to take an initial stake in bitcoin, litecoin and ethereum, and he wants to totally take his stake upon "the next dip".. hahahahaha.. again whatever that "next dip" means?

What I suggest is taking that $12,500 and incorporating it into a better plan that either spans over 6 months or 12 months.

I think that 6 months would probably be fine, but each of us have our timeline issues and preferences in that regard.

So, if you have $12,500 spread over 6 months, then that is nearly $2,100 per month or $525 per week.

Also, if OP has any kind of income then the income can be considered into the matter too.  For argument sake, since OP has been able to save $12.5k, let's just assume that OP is able to come up with $600 per month from income that he is able to put into crypto currencies.  Therefore, he has $12.5k + $3,600 (6 x $600) = $15,100.

I would suggest dividing the $15.1k into 3 parts (that is $5,033 per part).

The first $5,033, he can decide whether he want to invest all of it on "the next dip),

The second $5,033, he should allocate on a dollar cost averaging basis - I have found weekly allocation to be good, and that would be approximately $210 per week (that is $5033 / 24 weeks)

The third $5,033, should be allocated per week too (which is $210 per week); however, only for the buying on subsequent weekly "dips" in the event that you feel it is a good "dip" then you buy, or otherwise you just fold that weekly $210 allocation into the next week or the next week or the next week.  Frequently, ahead of time, you may not know for sure when there is a decent dip; however, you will also frequently have a decent feeling when there has been a "decent dip" that you are getting in (on that authorized allocation portion) at a "decent price"...

Anyhow, that is my nutshell suggestion concerning how to allocate over a 6 month period of time rather than throwing in the whole savings at any particular "dip" point.
Activity: 448
October 24, 2017, 01:56:41 PM
Investing in trading is a serious matter. And if you do not know it and just enter it you will definitely lose money and it will affect you especially if you have all your savings in crypto. So if I ask you to study it first well. It is better that you only have half your savings on your trading capital. To find out how trading is
If had read the actually post you would know that OP isn't going to be actively trading their capital. They stated that they would buy in at the next dip and hold for at least 5-10 years. So we're talking about a rather long term trade.

I can't recommend putting all your savings into cryptocurrency die to obvious reasons but you've made a very good selection of coins to invest in (I also like the ratio's). So if you're very confident that it's going to be a good investment than why not do it.

As for me,  I don't think the OP should put all of his savings into investments because there is mo guarantee that this give him profit.  We are also talking about a long term investment here and I think that it would be best if he would just use a portion of his savings,  in that way if something hapoens with the investment there would be money left for him.
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1225
Once a man, twice a child!
October 24, 2017, 01:39:07 PM
-50% bitcoin.
-25% ethereum.
-25% litecoin.

The axiom, "A man does not test the depth of a river with both feet" comes to mind here because that's what it looks like you want to do. Investing in cryptocurrency is a good idea as it is the new wealth. However, throwing all your life savings into it is a bad idea. While still trying to maintain the three cryptos you listed, you can find a way of including one or two lending coins so that you can be earning residual income from daily interest. Lending coins like bitconnect or regalcoin. But you must set aside some cash from your savings. Whatever happens, don't ever invest all your cash in cryptocurrency or any business, even if it is real estate.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 534
October 24, 2017, 12:18:37 PM
It's great that you are going to start investing and that too from your savings. However, I would HIGHLY recommend you not to invest your ALL savings in the wild market of cryptocurrencies. I don't have any intentions to demotivate you but to be honest, you should invest the amount which you can afford to lose and that doesn't mean that I have a negative opinion about it.

I believe that Bitcoin is going to perform very well in the period mentioned by you but still, I won't invest my entire capital in the crypto world. Now coming back to the choices, I would give a green signal for your first two options as I have not researched enough to comment about investment in Litecoin.
Activity: 1428
Merit: 506
October 24, 2017, 11:45:58 AM
The ratio how you've split the funds among cryptocurrencies is good. Still I wouldn't invest all my saving in anything not just in cryptocurrencies. No matter how the situation is looking good and attractive and the price is high this can change and will change at some point so it's too risky to spend all your saving. Reconsider your decision one more time and maybe consult somebody that is maybe more experienced with cryptocurrency investing.

I would like to agree. You may have allocated your investment nicely but as said, it would be too risky for you to use up all your savings. The coins you plan on investing on have good potential however cryptocurrencies are very risky. There is a risk in investment and trading - a risk of losing all your savings. Are you prepared for that? It would be best to set aside some in case of a rainy day because you can never tell whether a day like that may come or other emergencies. Only invest the money which you could afford to lose.
I agree with you all, above chosen lists are actually good investment even long term. It is a matter how you manage your investment and to grow your money. The fact is Im not into savings all my money into cryptocurrencies, spreading investing is a good choice.
Activity: 282
Merit: 100
October 24, 2017, 11:34:35 AM
-50% bitcoin.
-25% ethereum.
-25% litecoin.

I think the quality of your idea it depends of what do you mean by all your savings. Is it some spare money that you have lying around and wish to multiply it while possibly losing it all or is it some important money that you have in case of emergency. It's good if you have a steady income or full time job and want just to try become rich with your savings. In that case, I guess your choice of coins seems resonably and very safe, as you have chosen the biggest cryptocurrencies. If you want to risk more but expect bigger returns, you can try some smaller altcoins like Lisk, Monero, Zcash or Waves. Your amount of money is significant enough to even spare 2k into these other altcoins, and you can still expect big returns of like 10x if you get lucky.
Activity: 719
October 24, 2017, 11:17:11 AM
The ratio how you've split the funds among cryptocurrencies is good. Still I wouldn't invest all my saving in anything not just in cryptocurrencies. No matter how the situation is looking good and attractive and the price is high this can change and will change at some point so it's too risky to spend all your saving. Reconsider your decision one more time and maybe consult somebody that is maybe more experienced with cryptocurrency investing.

I would like to agree. You may have allocated your investment nicely but as said, it would be too risky for you to use up all your savings. The coins you plan on investing on have good potential however cryptocurrencies are very risky. There is a risk in investment and trading - a risk of losing all your savings. Are you prepared for that? It would be best to set aside some in case of a rainy day because you can never tell whether a day like that may come or other emergencies. Only invest the money which you could afford to lose.
You have a point all, it is not a wiseable decision to invest all your savings in trading. It is best to save on other investment type,as most said don't put your eggs in one basket. And also you know how to take risks that we could be able to learn and earn with.
Activity: 686
Merit: 146
October 24, 2017, 11:11:43 AM

Activity: 406
Merit: 105
Chosŏn Minjujuŭi Inmin Konghwaguk
October 24, 2017, 11:08:28 AM
Investing in trading is a serious matter. And if you do not know it and just enter it you will definitely lose money and it will affect you especially if you have all your savings in crypto. So if I ask you to study it first well. It is better that you only have half your savings on your trading capital. To find out how trading is
If had read the actually post you would know that OP isn't going to be actively trading their capital. They stated that they would buy in at the next dip and hold for at least 5-10 years. So we're talking about a rather long term trade.

I can't recommend putting all your savings into cryptocurrency die to obvious reasons but you've made a very good selection of coins to invest in (I also like the ratio's). So if you're very confident that it's going to be a good investment than why not do it.
Hah, holding for 5-10 years. It doesn't work that way, especially if you have all you got on it, you'll compulsively check the price every few seconds and eventually make an emotional decision and you'll be at a loss.
Activity: 336
Merit: 252
October 24, 2017, 11:05:19 AM

Activity: 770
Merit: 254
October 24, 2017, 11:03:33 AM
In my opinion you should buy bitcoins for 12500$.
Nobody can tell you what will happen in 5 or 10 years from now but if something is here to stay i think it is bitcoin. Ether could fail because of all smart contract scams running trough that platform, people could simple lose interest for ETH, and i don't see bright future for litecoin.
Okay now that’s the first sign of how people get bankrupt!

Really you are going to put everything that you have into your savings account. What about your real life and urgent situations in the life. I think you should put only 70% of your savings into it because for a reason of uncertain crypto currency and their fate. You can then divide 70% into proper ratio to have free investment. Putting all the money doesn’t sound good according to me. The ideal investment would be long term and liquid. The liquid. ? Well you can put x amount each month or week into these coins to increase your chances of getting higher profits. This you won’t loose the savings too. ;-)
OP want's to know where to invest all 12500$, not 70% of funds he has.
Pages:
Jump to: