Pages:
Author

Topic: Investing all my savings! - page 52. (Read 14329 times)

copper member
Activity: 1050
Merit: 294
October 30, 2017, 10:08:19 AM
Why you are going to invest all of your savings in crypto after knowing the fact that their price is highly volatile, even many big investors never do such mistake of going all in cryptos, always diversify your investment.
Well bitcoin is much reliable than any other currency so your stated ratio of cryptos investment is quite good, i have invested approximately same to your stated ratio.
Activity: 686
Merit: 277
October 30, 2017, 08:03:42 AM
Hello guys! I am planning on investing all my savings (12500$) in cryptocurrency, so I would really like to hear your opinion. My current plan is to split it in to 3 :
-50% bitcoin.
-25% ethereum.
-25% litecoin.

I am investing the money at the next dip.
Please post your opinion guys.

Edit: I should mention that this is for a longtherm hold, about 5-10 years

Sorry for my bad english, but I am better reading it than writing it.. :p
Holding for a long time, I don’t know if that would be a good idea, cause price can depreciate at anytime when you least expected it. So my advice is that if you’re going to keep it for a long time, you should always have an alert set up to notify you of any decrease in price; mobile wallets offers such features to users.
Activity: 112
Merit: 12
October 30, 2017, 04:38:17 AM
I suggests you to not invest your all savings in the cryptocurrency.you can invest your 50% to 70% of your savings.and if you think for the long term investment then btc is the best option for you.beacause btc price averagely increasing everyday and it's also King of crypto currency.And for long term investment altcoins are not good.so if you think about long term then never invest into the ethereum and litecoin.

You, nailed it dude
Activity: 365
Merit: 108
October 30, 2017, 02:08:51 AM
I suggests you to not invest your all savings in the cryptocurrency.you can invest your 50% to 70% of your savings.and if you think for the long term investment then btc is the best option for you.beacause btc price averagely increasing everyday and it's also King of crypto currency.And for long term investment altcoins are not good.so if you think about long term then never invest into the ethereum and litecoin.
Activity: 62
Merit: 10
October 30, 2017, 01:52:27 AM
Hello guys! I am planning on investing all my savings (12500$) in cryptocurrency, so I would really like to hear your opinion. My current plan is to split it in to 3 :
-50% bitcoin.
-25% ethereum.
-25% litecoin.

You riskily act, it is better to invest all your savings in valuable assets or into real estate for the future. You can lose a lot on trading, bitcoin buy at a high price and then at the end of November the forecast for a fall. Alts is generally a separate story, now almost full stagnation in the price, so not the most successful time for investment.
Activity: 238
Merit: 102
1st of May
October 30, 2017, 01:44:48 AM
Only invest money that you can afford to lost. Dont put your all saving on this. This crypto sometime crazy, it can make smile and also cry.
Investing all of your money in this crypto is not good planning.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
October 30, 2017, 12:26:40 AM
I think you planned to invest all your money in cryptocurrency is not advisable the amount of bitcoin investment is ok as bitcoin track is proven so considering the rate of bitcoin future is acceptable. My advise is you should invest in other modes mixed portfolio is advisable so there will be less risk in your investment.
Activity: 204
Merit: 100
October 29, 2017, 11:42:19 PM
-50% bitcoin.
-25% ethereum.
-25% litecoin.

whether you invest in the long or short term, investing in all the saving money you have is a stupid thing to do. Are you sure that after 5 to 10 years how everything will change?is it will be better or worse? And trading is always risky for your money, if you invest all, maybe you will lose all.
Activity: 294
Merit: 114
October 29, 2017, 10:36:11 PM
The portfolio is good, but I wouldn't take all my savings. I believe in crypto, but there always could happen something unexpected like bans, loss of wallets, hacks and so on.

Yes, it is not good to invest completely into Crypto's with all your saving because if you are enough you will make more returns on your investment. Otherwise you may loose all the money, so always invest that it should not effect even though you loose them.

I do not think you should invest all your savings into Bitcoin. That's because we do not know whether the Bitcoin price will go up and never go down. Do not let Bitcoin price go down someday and lose with other Altcoin. We are now complacent with the Bitcoin price, so we forget the possibility of failure that is still there and maybe we can face.

So you should invest 50% of your money into Bitcoin, but do not invest everything. Remember always: "Never invest anything you can not afford to lose."
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
Transact Safer / Chase Better
October 29, 2017, 10:24:49 PM
The portfolio is good, but I wouldn't take all my savings. I believe in crypto, but there always could happen something unexpected like bans, loss of wallets, hacks and so on.

Yes, it is not good to invest completely into Crypto's with all your saving because if you are enough you will make more returns on your investment. Otherwise you may loose all the money, so always invest that it should not effect even though you loose them.
Activity: 350
Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain
October 29, 2017, 09:06:49 PM
-50% bitcoin.
-25% ethereum.
-25% litecoin.

yes investing mean you put all risk on one places. not good idea even though your coin choices are great. just invest half or quarter  would be great.
Activity: 302
Merit: 250
October 29, 2017, 08:31:18 PM
Activity: 588
Merit: 250
October 29, 2017, 07:55:06 PM
-50% bitcoin.
-25% ethereum.
-25% litecoin.

I like your investment project. These coins seem to me reliable enough to invest in the long term, waiting for an acceptable return without too many risks. The only thing that does not convince me is your intention to invest ALL your savings in that project, which seems to me unnecessary since any investment always entails risks of loss, and this is especially valid in a market as volatile as this.

Always remember to invest the money you can afford to lose.

Right we should not force ourselves to invest if we can't afford it and also to invest if we are not ready to loss.  In trading,  we cannot guarantee that our coins will be sold to high prices or to its contract price.  The volatility of the coins is shown in a graph and it clearly explains what happened when coins are being bought ir sold. Trading is not always successful so we have to move on if what happened did not go the way we planned it.
Activity: 167
October 29, 2017, 05:50:36 PM
-50% bitcoin.
-25% ethereum.
-25% litecoin.

I like your investment project. These coins seem to me reliable enough to invest in the long term, waiting for an acceptable return without too many risks. The only thing that does not convince me is your intention to invest ALL your savings in that project, which seems to me unnecessary since any investment always entails risks of loss, and this is especially valid in a market as volatile as this.

Always remember to invest the money you can afford to lose.
legendary
Activity: 1315
Merit: 1002
October 29, 2017, 05:38:22 PM
-50% bitcoin.
-25% ethereum.
-25% litecoin.

That is a good plan and a good diversification as long you meaning for real.

What will you do in a worst case scenario?

What will you do if you see your investment 10x from today or vise versa?

Evaluate your time frame again and are you willing to lose everything or wait another 10 years just to see your ROI to reach at least zero?

Answer yourself those questions, write it down and put it somewhere visible to you, so when trouble times come, you will know what to do. Emotions out, please.

And yes disturbing times will come, but i think you are on right path, just be honest to yourself and with your financial capabilities.

Activity: 1120
Merit: 30
Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023
October 29, 2017, 05:29:27 PM
-50% bitcoin.
-25% ethereum.
-25% litecoin.

Nice currency choice.
Investing all your savings, is really not the best idea. Reason being that, when you invest all your savings, emotions automatically sets-in (despite the fact that you would be holding for a long term). When your emotions are involved in a trade, it causes more harm than good most especially when the trade is going against you.
My advise, is for you not to put all but part of your savings.
Activity: 65
Bringing copy-trading to the cryptocurrency market
October 29, 2017, 04:08:44 PM
My suggestion is not to invest all your savings to crypto, moreover just to take positions without doing any technical and fundamental analysis. If you are not a pro trader and wish to invest your savings I suggest you review Covesting. Imagine a venue where you could follow top cryptocurrency traders from around the world and profit together with them. You would be able to see a previous performance of each separate trader, evaluate risk ratios and read reviews. Everything would be transparent and intuitive. Instead of analyzing the markets, you would have an easy job of analyzing the performance of real asset managers, and "hire" the one matching your risk appetite and profit goals. You would literally have a place with combined wisdom and experience of hundreds of professional cryptocurrency traders at your disposal. Hows' that sound? Would you be interested in becoming a part of such community?
Activity: 546
Merit: 290
October 29, 2017, 04:05:51 PM
I think you are right with this plan. Those are big and basic coins with big market cap. So, they certainly go up in the future.  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 3276
Merit: 1128
October 29, 2017, 03:40:37 PM
-50% bitcoin.
-25% ethereum.
-25% litecoin.

I think its too risky to invest all your profits since scam and hacking is really rampabt nowadays. So i think it is better for you to invest the half of it or the 50% of it and split it into 3. And the half of your profits, you should hold it for emergency purposes.
This is really a very good approach. It is really a good thing that you are going to invest your savings but investing all of your saving and that too in the very beginning can be very much harmful and risky. In my opinion, you need to go slow in the start. Invest some portion of your savings and then keep on adding more amount when you think there is a need of more money to invest in.
Activity: 238
Merit: 102
REVOLUTIONIZING THE TRAVEL INDUSTRY
October 29, 2017, 03:26:18 PM
Actually you are too clever for having such amount for crypto currency investments and the split are really a good choice. But I tend to be realizing that maybe you're earning different sources of income though. Since giving all away through digital money for being an investor. Goodluck and all I want to say is that you picked the good coins although prices were currently high but soon enough you'll be able to get what you had invested. You're lucky having known Bitcoin before its too late...
Pages:
Jump to: