Pages:
Author

Topic: Investing all my savings! - page 59. (Read 14329 times)

Activity: 503
Merit: 250
October 24, 2017, 11:03:08 AM
Investing in trading is a serious matter. And if you do not know it and just enter it you will definitely lose money and it will affect you especially if you have all your savings in crypto. So if I ask you to study it first well. It is better that you only have half your savings on your trading capital. To find out how trading is
That is true. For some people that get lucky on trading. They said that it was easy to earn. But if you are in the actual condition. You will experience so much lose if you are in bad luck. The good thing I learned about trading is by joining on different signal group reading some predictions from well known traders. It helps me a lot to choose the right coin and when to buy/sell.
Activity: 679
Merit: 500
October 24, 2017, 10:55:44 AM
Investing in trading is a serious matter. And if you do not know it and just enter it you will definitely lose money and it will affect you especially if you have all your savings in crypto. So if I ask you to study it first well. It is better that you only have half your savings on your trading capital. To find out how trading is
Activity: 336
Merit: 121
October 24, 2017, 10:52:25 AM
every thing have his own idea but according to my opinion investing is better for future but not to invest your total money but invest some amount of your saving money in various places and save some money in your wallet for the future emergencies because no investment in the world have guaranteed to give you always profit.
Ctn
Activity: 644
Merit: 259
October 24, 2017, 10:30:59 AM
Okay now that’s the first sign of how people get bankrupt!

Really you are going to put everything that you have into your savings account. What about your real life and urgent situations in the life. I think you should put only 70% of your savings into it because for a reason of uncertain crypto currency and their fate. You can then divide 70% into proper ratio to have free investment. Putting all the money doesn’t sound good according to me. The ideal investment would be long term and liquid. The liquid. ? Well you can put x amount each month or week into these coins to increase your chances of getting higher profits. This you won’t loose the savings too. ;-)
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
October 24, 2017, 10:21:18 AM
Wow, Thanks for great response everybody!
I see some really good advices here that I will carry with me.

I definitely understand how a lot of you guys think that this is a very risky move, but its not like im going all inn with no safety net.
I should mention these things:

-I have very good insurance's on everything I own, so Im pretty well covered if something goes wrong.

-I make a decent amount of money in my daily job compared to my expenses (enough to actually save some every month..)

-im not laying all eggs in one basket. This is just the start of my portfolio, and I will continuously buy other coins and stocks with a small part of my future savings.

So all in all this is just a thing I feel like I have to to. I have been following the moves of the cryptomarkets for about a year now. And I have been waiting a long time to make my own portfolio and to get started with my first big investment (at least for me its big). But the most important thing is that this if this investment goes straight to hell, I will still survive... :p

But I would really like to hear some more inputs regarding the coins I wanna invest in, and the percentage in each coin. Do you agree this is the best way to invest the money? Or do you have any better ideas on how I should spend my money? Let me know guys Grin
Activity: 868
Merit: 151
October 24, 2017, 09:41:24 AM
Its very tough decision.  I would not recommend you to put all your savings in crypto as it has capability to wiped all your investments since no one can predict what will happen next. Thats the risk in trading

I will also agree to you and not recommend any one to put all their saving under one basket. Ideally depending upon the risk appetite and age factor and earnings accordingly you should be putting the money in their volatile cypto currency. We have seen how badly the rates fall and it can be a huge loss in such cases.
Activity: 6
October 24, 2017, 09:34:17 AM

Activity: 4

View Profile  Email  Personal Message (Online)
Trust: 0: -0 / +0

Re: Investing all my savings!
Today at 12:44:56 PM
Reply with quote  Edit message  Delete message  #42

i think you are only risk your money to invest in altcoin although we know that crypto currency can give us a big profit but its still to dangerous because we don't know what is happen later. i think you can invest $7500 in crypto currency, buy 1 bitcoin and use the rest money to buy ethereum and litecoin and use the rest of your money to other things that you might need. i am not recommending to invest all of your money and its better to only use half from the total of money.
[/quote]

don't put all your eggs in the one basket

buy bitcoin and have fun with altcoin]
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1027
October 24, 2017, 09:29:29 AM
If i was in the OP side i wont do this because no one can guarantee that it will surely increase because anything can happen to any investment. So it is always good to invest only 50% of our income in cryptocurrency and balance invest in fiat currency savings scheme. So if any of the either goes wrong their is always another investment to save you.
Activity: 129
Merit: 100
October 24, 2017, 09:14:23 AM
Its very tough decision.  I would not recommend you to put all your savings in crypto as it has capability to wiped all your investments since no one can predict what will happen next. Thats the risk in trading
Activity: 378
Merit: 251
October 24, 2017, 08:46:48 AM
Is this your first time investing in something or do you already have experience in investing in stocks and bonds? If you have no prior experience, what I would suggest is you do not go all in. Invest like maybe $5000 and see where it goes. Do not be reckless and just go all in just because a lot of people around you says that they are earning a lot from trading.

Do some research first and test the waters out. In a year or two, if you are making good profit, re invest. There will always be a wave that you can ride so do not rush in.
Activity: 12
October 24, 2017, 08:46:33 AM
I would not recommend you to do that. You need to have certain amount of money  you are not going to lose and not going to invest.
Even Wiki article DOES NOT recommend to consider Bitcoin as subject of investment.
Activity: 6
October 24, 2017, 08:44:56 AM

i think you are only risk your money to invest in altcoin although we know that crypto currency can give us a big profit but its still to dangerous because we don't know what is happen later. i think you can invest $7500 in crypto currency, buy 1 bitcoin and use the rest money to buy ethereum and litecoin and use the rest of your money to other things that you might need. i am not recommending to invest all of your money and its better to only use half from the total of money.
[/quote]

don't put all your eggs in the one basket Smiley
Activity: 2912
Merit: 556
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
October 24, 2017, 08:40:24 AM
Hello guys! I am planning on investing all my savings (12500$) in cryptocurrency, so I would really like to hear your opinion. My current plan is to split it in to 3 :
-50% bitcoin.
-25% ethereum.
-25% litecoin.

I am investing the money at the next dip.
Please post your opinion guys.

Edit: I should mention that this is for a longtherm hold, about 5-10 years

Sorry for my bad english, but I am better reading it than writing it.. :p

Activity: 434
Merit: 10
October 24, 2017, 08:38:48 AM
You know it's a big risk because that's a lot of money to invest.The only good thing is that you really trust in cryptocurrecy and if you believe in it probably you would get bigger profit in it.If that money is an extra for you so there's no problem with that just get ready and dont surrender in facing in every problems you will encounter in the future.
Activity: 107
Merit: 10
ARNA | TokenSale - December 15th
October 24, 2017, 08:34:24 AM
Invest all your savings is always very risky. I would stay away from major coins and find something from like WINGS, DECENT, is just examle, something what is very cheap, has active Dev team and Vision. I would invest here 50-75% from what you plan and keep 25% $ in savings. But many people, many strategies here.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 510
October 24, 2017, 08:30:33 AM
Hello guys! I am planning on investing all my savings (12500$) in cryptocurrency, so I would really like to hear your opinion. My current plan is to split it in to 3 :
-50% bitcoin.
-25% ethereum.
-25% litecoin.

I think those percentages are fine and the coins you have chosen are good ones that should be around for a long time. The only thing I would caution you on is just be careful investing all of your savings. I hope you still have money available for emergencies. You never know when some government regulations will make cryptocurrencies drop in value so these are still high risk investments.
Activity: 882
October 24, 2017, 08:06:10 AM
-50% bitcoin.
-25% ethereum.
-25% litecoin.

Here you are 99% right because you choose those better coins which are have better potential and better technology to operate Thier coin , so it is the surity that these three coins specially bitcoin and etherium will increase easily Thier price and they will give much profit for you .
But still here in my opinion you should select some another coins also to make investment Because there are another coins which have the qualities like the Etherium and altcoins  .
My suggestion for you to put your money in cloak coin , stratis coin , Digibyte coin , dash coin , these are those coin which have not better technology but also have the better potential to give better impact in the market of cryptocurrency .
Activity: 756
October 24, 2017, 07:59:02 AM
If i were you, i wouldn't invest all my savings but maybe i would invest 50% of them, and my split wouldn't have been like yours, because i don't actually believe in any other coin like Bitcoin for investing my money on them for long term. I wouldn't hesitate on investing in Bitcoin as i know it will give me some profits in the long term, but about other currencies, i'm not even sure if they will survive very long or not, and even if they survived, whether they will get any higher or not is never known. Bitcoin has already been around for a lot of time now, and people trust it very well, but other coins, they are only good for short-term trades.
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1106
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
October 24, 2017, 07:54:13 AM
Bitcoin is all about the risk. One who has the ability to risk himself unlike the situation benefits. In specific should have good knowledge to make the right decision. One can invest all his earnings into bitcoin and should withdraw the capital leaving the profit once the price increase. If this is possible automatically the user can avoid the risk and profit.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
October 24, 2017, 07:38:08 AM
I never understand why people go all in to begin with, but what I find even stranger, is that they are willing to hold certain coins for a very long period of time. Ethereum is almost done and over now governments are cracking down on ICO's, so if you really plan to make a solid investment, it would be a wise decision to ditch Ethereum, and put that money into an even higher percentage of BTC. Litecoin is less of a concern since there is definitely some growth potential, but it's not that much as some people here may expect. It serves no purpose, which for me would already be a warning sign that it shouldn't be something that is worthy of investing in. If you plan to invest into something, then go for that what's actually solving a problem, which for example are privacy centric coins.

Instead of going all in with your $12,500, use $7,500 to invest with, which will leave you with $5000 for emergency purposes in your private life. Buy 1BTC, and put the remainder of the fiat you have left in XMR for example, or another coin that actually solves a problem. Don't proceed with Ethereum, that's like you're burning your money.
Pages:
Jump to: