Pages:
Author

Topic: Investing for the long term in an altcoin is good idea? - page 19. (Read 3858 times)

Activity: 1344
Merit: 270
Based on the understanding and knowledge of following up with the cryptocurrency for the past 6 month, my inference is that the cryptocurrency is highlt volatile.

Is it a good approach to stay invested for long term in the altcoin space?

if you want to invest in bitcoin, you should set for 1 or 2 years to come. I think that's the best thing to invest in altcoin. you can choose a coin that is quite interesting on the technology and has a pretty long future.
Activity: 686
Merit: 264
"STAY IN THE DARK"
It is based on which altcoin you are going to invest,some coins are suitable for long term and some coins are suitable for long term.
For long term investment I suggest ethereum,litecoin and DASH because these coins looks like having good potential so in future the price will increase a lot.
Activity: 182
Merit: 11
Choose alts with a stable price to invest in long term and trade in the alts with a lot of potential like waves golem iota xlm can give you profits next year.
Activity: 560
Merit: 100
Based on the understanding and knowledge of following up with the cryptocurrency for the past 6 month, my inference is that the cryptocurrency is highlt volatile.

I think some altcoins have good selling points in the future. depending on the technology and ideas they are stretcher on. I have bought some altcoin and I save for the next 3 years.
Activity: 910
Merit: 252
Based on my experience taking profit regular interval of time until your not 100% confident about coins because invested some coins without having much confidence for the hype created I bought some days it was gone through profit after holding some more days it’s value became nothing.
Activity: 280
Merit: 10
Yes , but all ALT coins are not good , do some researches and find some potential coins
if not you will lose your money !
Activity: 270
you really have a few options in terms of long term investments. Maybe bitcoin is still the best for long term investments.
Activity: 124
Maybe its a good idea to invest in altcoin, but you must choose that altcoin is 100% success so you can get success in cryptocurrecy then maybe that altcoin can get a high value of price in market so you can sell it in a higher price. that my idea anyway.
Activity: 2254
Merit: 658
Looking for gigs
For me, I think investing in an altcoin for the long run is definitely a good idea or a bad idea.

Let me share with you on how I invest with altcoin. Let's say I have earned $100 for a "job well done" in my online gig, I just reserve a little percentage of that to invest in altcoin, at least 20% or up to 30%. However, it depends on how much money you earn or raise every month.

Invest what you could afford to lose, just don't bet most of your earnings to some altcoins. Also, never invest or rely on one altcoin only. It's better to have a few or more altcoins that you're holding, so at least one or few of them might skyrocket to the moon.
Activity: 868
Merit: 151
Exepting coins which are top biggest marketcap, I dont think that investing in altcoins for a long time is the rigth way.  You should trade them instead

You should always stay invested in some fo the altcoins if you think that currently they are very cheap and in coming time it could rise a lot like how btc has risen during this years. For rest of the amount you can also trade as per your wish but ensure some amount of your favorite coin you are always invested in it.
Activity: 770
Merit: 101
fLibero.financial
The problem with investing in long term into cryptocurrency is that if you fail to follow up on your altcoin, it may become worthless. Quality altcoin however is worth investing into.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 254

Depends on the altcoin you invest but yes investing for long term in an altcoin is really good and profitable. If you find a good one that can have a huge price in the future. Actually you also can invest on ICOs though and invest on pre-sale, you will get big bonus token and hold it for long term is really profitable too.
Activity: 434
Investing for a long time will depend on the project,if it is a good project with good ideas of how to run the project in other to generate profit,not a pump and dump coins or project.
Activity: 406
Merit: 263
If you research well about your coins then you will have confidence too so you can wait enough till you get what you expect. If you don't believe in your coins enough then when prices are all low you will panic and give wrong decisions. For me the main point is to do your research till you have enough confidence. Research much be from different sources not only one.
Activity: 266

If the altcoin has good quality and popular within people like bitcoin and etherium it will be safe and good idea.
And long term is recommended than short term since more profitable.
Activity: 216
Merit: 250
Exepting coins which are top biggest marketcap, I dont think that investing in altcoins for a long time is the rigth way.  You should trade them instead
Activity: 280
Yes it good idea but first understand market then apply this idea it is according to the situation of the market and it is mostly depend on bitcoin rate because before investing your purpose is to get good profit from that altcoin trading because some important things you must in your mind some altcoins are giving short term profit after long term according to market may they will go at too much low price.
Activity: 2128
Merit: 180

Hold more good altcoins because not all altcoins can give you higher profit you still have to be careful. But yes investing in altcoins is really a good choice for long term because this is our future, good altcoins will surely pump higher, just do your homework so you will not loose money.
Activity: 616
Merit: 252

Yes, there are altcoins that has high potential to increase in the future. Given the trend at the beginning of the year up to now, some altcoins have a good run and many become millionaires because of that run. In ethereum perhaps, price at the beginning of the year is around $8 while now, it is almost $500. Litecoin has a price of around $4 and even reach $100 few days ago that's why if you invested in alts that has solid foundation and feasible projects then it will have a good future. The two altcoins has still a good future and a possibility to rise in price because they are active and demand is going up as well.
Activity: 868
Merit: 103
*Indonesian Professional Translator and BM*
Investing for long term on altcoin I guest are profitable but it's hardly to predictable.
for altcoin I just recommend to buy ETH because it will going up until the early years 2018.
and for long long term invest, The bitcoin are still much profitable by many Hardfork on the next time.
Pages:
Jump to: