Pages:
Author

Topic: Investing for the long term in an altcoin is good idea? - page 15. (Read 3858 times)

Activity: 2660
Merit: 651
Want top-notch marketing for your project, Hire me
Based on the understanding and knowledge of following up with the cryptocurrency for the past 6 month, my inference is that the cryptocurrency is highlt volatile.

Is it a good approach to stay invested for long term in the altcoin space?
It depend on the altcoin you're plan to invest in because some altcoin are not good for long term investment but altcoin like Ethereum, Ripple, Komodo, Neo, Monero etc are good for longtime invest and it will be better if you also invest into promising ICO like the Verita Mining in other to boost your profit.
Activity: 148
Merit: 3
If you want to invest into an altcoin for longterm you need to be sure it will boom in the future, you need to know what it stands for what problem it wants to solve and you should read about the development team.
Also you should be able to estimate a target market cap in the future so should know when you can exit it. That depends if you want to exit it or not
copper member
Activity: 772
Merit: 500
It's a good idea because you are investing for a long term plan. Some of the altcoins will eventually increase in it's price but it won't happen in an instant just like bitcoin. Just pick altcoins that has good project development and don't panic and sell your altcoins at very low price unless those altcoins has no future.
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
There're a couple of coins out their suitable for long therm rather than short therm investment. projects, with a real team behind them and a promising developing plan.I'm a big fan of Monero, I bought it when it was at it's cheapest and I still have it, yet to be touched. I also just recently invested in Tio, a very solid project with only 450000 tokens in circulation. In case you haven't heard about them yet, here's a link: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annbountytiore-innovating-the-tour-guides-operators-sector-on-etherdelta-2066861 Anyways, there're hundreds of coins out there, take your time and do some intensive research, don't just follow the masses  and good luck!
Activity: 336
Merit: 100
The idea of long-term investment will bring you the most profit. Today it is not worth making short-term investments. I would buy now Ethereum, DASH, Monero and LTC. I think Ripple will be rising constantly. EOS is also good, although its capitalization is not great.
Activity: 546
Merit: 105
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
Ive seen a lot of altcoins just die eventually. So if I have to invest in altcoins, Id rather sell them while the coin is hot and the price is high. There are no really successful projects for ICOs that are worth waiting for, some ICOs just fade away after dumping because their coins are not even used for circulation.
Activity: 238
It depends on the altcoin that you are going to invest with, you should invest to an altcoin that is already stable so that even if you hold it for a long time, you will still have something on it like ethereum and litecoin.

True, investing on altcoins that already gain a stable development will be good choice.
Activity: 308
Merit: 10
It depends on the altcoin that you are going to invest with, you should invest to an altcoin that is already stable so that even if you hold it for a long time, you will still have something on it like ethereum and litecoin.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1004
Personally, I think investing in altcoin is riskier than Bitcoin but it can be more profitable in the short term. I have seen a lot of altcoin vary from -20% to + 50% every day. It depends on what you invest, because they are a lot of altcoin in 2017 and choosing the right one is really a difficult choice, but if you look in this forum or look for it, there are known altcoin that progresses.
Activity: 434
Merit: 103
I'd say bitcoin is still the best for long term investments. And then If you want to invest altcoin for a long term, then you should take a look at top ten coinmarketcap list and you can start to buy when the price is down. you need to careful when you want to choose the coin because there are many things that you should check before you buy.
Activity: 798
Merit: 109
https://bmy.guide
Based on the understanding and knowledge of following up with the cryptocurrency for the past 6 month, my inference is that the cryptocurrency is highlt volatile.

I think investing those altcoins who's in the top 5 like ethereum, litecoin and others have a potential to pump up price value. But that's your decision if you really invest altcoins, for me only 20% of my fund invest altcoins the in bitcoin. Top of my attention and priority is bitcoin this is profitable in investment whether long term or either short term.
Activity: 28
To invest in altcoins. But you have 70% left in btc
Activity: 63

It is hard to say, one of my friends got 1million USD profit because of investing ICO, I think the point is you have to know how to choose a promising one.Smiley
Activity: 868
Merit: 502
I've been holding some altcoins for a while. And I'm not thinking of getting rid of them for a while  Grin
Activity: 1
Long term investments for altcoins really depends on the project because we couldnt deny the fact that it is risky. However, there are some, who have a very good plan that we could say worth investing. You just need to study carefully tgeir project
Activity: 360
I don't think hold altcoin too long is a good idea, take BCH for one, you should really rank and make move to hold crypto coin in BTC or ETH or something similar.
Activity: 448
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
Make sure that the altcoins you've chosen has a potential to grow. Since you've study the altcoin markets I think you already know what's the best altcoin to invest, just be sure to set limits on how long do you want to hold it .
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002
Investing in altcoin is good if you know what you are investing. Just like Neo which has shot up from a few cents to $40 now which is x80 while bitcoin only x7 this year.

However, it is how you are able to filter out which alt coins are good to have.

One great ICO i would like to recommend is the Appcoins. The company already has a working product: Aptoide. It is the 3rd largest app store in the world with 200million active users and 4 billion downloads. So once the protocol is ready, Appcoins will have easy access to million of users using it.
Activity: 798
Merit: 17
2023 would most likely be as bearish as 2022
It depends, but i also doing for six months.. You better not go for very long. Better change the coin time to time. Some coins have  good potential first 3 months then goes down.. Thats the problem.

I personally change my porfolio time to time
Activity: 1750
Merit: 267
I think it is not good idea. Before investment on a altcoin, it is necessary to see how promising the coin is. Invest on bitcoin, ethereum, litecoin,zcash,dash are very good thinking in long term. It depends that how the future of coin which want to select you for investment.
Pages:
Jump to: