Pages:
Author

Topic: I/O Coin - Ticker: IOC - Stealth Blockchain Ecosystem - Dions - Chameleon - page 16. (Read 719184 times)

Activity: 38
Merit: 0
Guys i am reconsidering to get out of this coin, i have 300% profit on it, to me it is really not clear what is next step for them and how will they make sure to increese value of this coin.
Activity: 285
Merit: 251
My 2 wallets are still both perfectly in sync with the block explorer at block 1630906, so everything's fine. Thanks for the update dev's !
Activity: 560
Merit: 113
Good to see IOC has found it's way up again  Smiley
Activity: 527
Merit: 500
Blockchain!!!
Dev update:

The Blockchain is stabilising nicely and getting stronger day by day.

We gotten a report and have identified a minor issue with the UI (Wallet Front End) fee calculation when sending small amounts of ioc .01 and have a patch for it. As precaution don't send IOC out of wallets.

We should have a patch wallet out today. We have tested the patch and it works. Be on the look out for an updated wallet today. We have not seen or replicated these issues without the UI so the blockchain is fine. The patch also tightens up the mempool reporting and should help keep your wallet in sync in case of a reported error in debug.

The Dev team is working on this issue, stand by and be ready to upgrade your wallets.

If bittrex goes live DO NOT SEND IOC to Bittrex with the current wallet version 1.0.5 We will announce as soon as ready.

Just as precaution.

Thanks, dev team
Activity: 22
Hello IOC friends, how are you?  Kiss
Thanks cryptocoinnl for the update.

Follow-up on my 2 wallets : they're both perfectly in sync with the block explorer so no problem since yesterday. The latest blockchain file + removing peers.dat and the addnodes did the trick.
Activity: 527
Merit: 500
Blockchain!!!
UPDATE:

There will be an updated HTML5 wallet with features that is optimized and should fix the timeout for some people and another wallet (QT) without the DIONS features for people that just want to stake and earn ioc. The HTML5 interface was tested thoroughly with a lot of people from outside the dev team but its behavior is a bit different on live. Giving timeouts. That’s all user interface as the daemon itself (which it talks to and can be used for businesses that want to connect to it) is running smoothly.

Next to that we are experiencing an unstable chain at times and will deploy more supportive nodes throughout the day. When the chain is stable for at least 24 hours and we have done some testing bittrex will be enabled.

1) always make a regular backup of your entire wallet folder
2) always do a 1ioc Test send to ensure it all works
3) do not send from inside wallet to another address inside that same wallet (there is a bug there)
4) if you are going to stake only, use the upcoming qt wallet. Much slimmer
5) take it easy. We will help everybody getting up to date and recover their balances / restore their wallets. Just follow backup instructions

Forking to new software is not something easy. Many networks fork regularly and we experienced one planned fork (DIONS) and one not planned (a few days back) because of different reasons. These things happen to eth for example as well and btc in the early days. We are getting everybody on the right chain and therefore ask multiple times, if you are behind in blocks, to download the Blockchain files to keep up. Sorry for al that work you need to do but that is just what it is and part of the process.

Thanks for everybody’s involvement and help to other community members.

IOC giveaway and some surprises on the DIONS v2 per community vote roadmap
Soon we will launch the IOC giveaway and will also have a great announcement regarding Dions v2 features (yes we have to look forward). Can’t wait for that one.

Wallet support: https://t.me/iodigitalsupport

Ty.
Activity: 924
Merit: 526
GIF by SOCIFI
Have any more followups or clients came from the meetings with KPMG or from attendance at the conferences? Or any new leads/connections from the members of the foundation? Is there any update for all of this?
Follow up on how my 2 wallets, one on linux and one on windows, are doing.
Some precision : the two wallets give the exact same version with a getinfo : version v5.0.0.0-g85aa6c1 with protocol version 60017, but are both on different ISP and 700km appart. Yesterday after the new blockchain files they were in sync at the same block.
The linux wallet is in fact on a dedicated server in Paris with a large broadband and a 100% uptime since a few months, making it an important node of the network.

Linux wallet :
- getinfo => block 1627061, 50 connections
- listtransactions "*" 50 => First transactions is at timestamp 1512271488 (~13 hours ago). Last transaction is at timestamp 1512317088 (~5mn ago). All transactions are staking ones with a reward of 1.5 IOC (!)

Windows wallet :
- getinfo => block 1627094, 25 connections
- listtransactions (don't know how to do the same as linux) => First transactions is at timestamp 1512299232 (~3 hours ago). Last transaction is at timestamp 1512316176 (~20mn ago). All transactions are staking ones with a reward of 1.5 IOC (!)

Unfortunately, no blockhash are common between the two wallets, so the only conclusion is that they both are on different forks again, explaining the staking rate.
I greatly advice to not do any transactions as long as the network is that unstable. Reminder : as long as you have your private key/a wallet save there's no risk of losing any coin.

A new blockchain file update will probably be required again, making any tentative to currently stake meaningless (all the IOC gained from staking on the wrong fork will disappear).

Edit : https://chainz.cryptoid.info/ioc/ is in fact already at block 1628012 so now I know that if it is on the right fork, both my wallets are on the wrong ones. The lucky persons currently on the right fork should have a huge boost of staking reward. iUcCDEuzCCpqifhKjJfT5gZ7xjeqQxxfGd for example, visible on the block explorer, is at 0.1% per day (more than 30% per year).

Edit 2 : new sync file on https://github.com/IOCoin/DIONS/releases with a very important precision : remove your current peers.dat file. I'll add that you should also remove any addnode line in your iocoin.conf file. Both my wallets are now on the same block and in sync with the block explorer. Will continue to monitor.
Activity: 17
Community GiveAway Challenge Start Delayed to 11th December

Stay tuned for your Chance to Win 2 IOC and the grand prize of currently 1,001 IOC*
* The winner of the challenge is going to win all the IOC on that address.
You want a bigger challenge ? Donate a few IOC to igK8WuKfLnsPycueXBoWf21vTLdmfhWCB9 to increase the prize !
Activity: 43
Hey guys, Joel is doing a live video on facebook in regards to the new update, the crashes and if you have any questions, feel free to ask! > https://www.facebook.com/iodigitalblockchain/videos/1548125201970289/
any good news?

Nope.
Activity: 128
Merit: 10
Hey guys, Joel is doing a live video on facebook in regards to the new update, the crashes and if you have any questions, feel free to ask! > https://www.facebook.com/iodigitalblockchain/videos/1548125201970289/
any good news?
press the ESC button when in the wallet and type GETINFO

Oh thanks ! That was very simple lol. Seems like my linux wallet is stuck at block 1626134 and my windows wallet at block 1625579.
A new blockchain files strap just popped a few seconds ago, so I'm gonna download it for both my wallets, but the network doesn't seem healthy anymore TBH. Maybe we should shut down the wallets again ? If downloading a blockchain is often required, it's a sign that either nobody can sync because of a lack of connection (not the case, ~35 on linux and ~20 on windows), or there is some forks. Maybe there isn't enough people that actually downloaded the new version ? But that wouldn't make sense as nodes aren't supposed to connect to one another with a different protocol version.

Could we have some more information on the current situation ? I've invested in IOC like 3 years ago, and that's the first time that I see the network having problems (even if it's understandable with the release of DIONS).

Edit : Used the latest blockchain files from the official release : https://github.com/IOCoin/DIONS/releases/tag/DIONS-BLK-1626612
Linux wallet is now bugging with a "help" command, with a completely wrong balance (like 1/15 of what I'm supposed to have and nothing staking), and the Windows wallet shows a total 20% inferior to what I have. I'll wait as I know that as long as I have the private key and didn't do any transaction since months, that's not alarming at all --> a repairwallet fixed the problem. But the latest coins I mined through staking disappeared, as I suspected this would be the case, confirming that I was in fact on my own fork. Probably because I didn't used the blockchain files as I should have.

I'll monitor how it's evolving the next hours/days and hope everything will settle down, letting me stake correctly again.
Activity: 73
Is there any way to know at what block our wallet currently is synced to ? Hovering the top right icons for connection/staking doesn't show it, last transactions details are not accessible (the little arrow to the right doesn't do anything), and I cannot find the equivalent of the traditional wallet debug console to do a getinfo or getmininginfo.
Also, since yesterday I'm finding a tremendous amount of blocks as if nobody was staking anymore, and the explorer at https://chainz.cryptoid.info/ioc/ is well behind. So I hope it's just a sync problem and not a case of multiple forks.

I used the latest blockchain strap files from 7 hours ago for my linux ubuntu 64 server compiled wallet, even if I don't know if it really is working as the block count doesn't move at all (with ~20 connections), but I'm waiting to do it on my windows wallet too, as I want to check it's sync'ed state before (and it seems to be operational).

press the ESC button when in the wallet and type GETINFO
Is there any way to know at what block our wallet currently is synced to ? Hovering the top right icons for connection/staking doesn't show it, last transactions details are not accessible (the little arrow to the right doesn't do anything), and I cannot find the equivalent of the traditional wallet debug console to do a getinfo or getmininginfo.
Also, since yesterday I'm finding a tremendous amount of blocks as if nobody was staking anymore, and the explorer at https://chainz.cryptoid.info/ioc/ is well behind. So I hope it's just a sync problem and not a case of multiple forks.

I used the latest blockchain strap files from 7 hours ago for my linux ubuntu 64 server compiled wallet, even if I don't know if it really is working as the block count doesn't move at all (with ~20 connections), but I'm waiting to do it on my windows wallet too, as I want to check it's sync'ed state before (and it seems to be operational).
Hey all!

Crazy night we had, if you are behind on blocks, please close your wallet and backup your files.

Then proceed to Close Wallet, back up your entire wallet folder and replace peers.dat, blk001.dat and txleveldb with the blockchain files provided here:

https://github.com/IOCoin/DIONS/releases/tag/DIONS-BLK-1625588

Then proceed to turn on your wallet!

DIONS IS HERE! Cheesy
Activity: 128
Merit: 10
sometimes wallet work fine, and afther a few minutes i get timeout!
why?
Activity: 53
Merit: 1
seems to work now, thank you guys Smiley
IMPORTANT DEV NOTICE - please take note

The dev team is looking into a report of a User Interface related issue where sending IOC to an internal change address from within the wallet results in txfee error.

While we investigate and try to replicate, as precautionary measure please halt any sending from within the wallet to change address or any other internal address, a patch will be released if we can confirm the findings. So no in-wallet sending (from an wallet address to another address in that same wallet)

Bittrex is fine because they don't use the User Interface.
Always do a 1 IOC test send first.

The daemon is all fine and DIONS will continue to be launched.
This is an user interface issue that has not been replicated as of yet but we want to make sure it works 100%.

Be on the look out for an update wallet from the team if needed.

Thanks

I/O Dev team.

Update from Joel:

@channel we have indentified that some nodes have passed the threshold of the DDOS attack and some have stayed behind. Please take your wallets down. While we stabilize things to allow the chain to not generate more errors from the wallets that got stock on the DDOS

Please take your wallets down guys!
Pages:
Jump to: