Pages:
Author

Topic: I/O Coin - Ticker: IOC - Stealth Blockchain Ecosystem - Dions - Chameleon - page 17. (Read 719184 times)

Activity: 527
Merit: 500
Blockchain!!!
IMPORTANT DEV NOTICE - please take note

The dev team is looking into a report of a User Interface related issue where sending IOC to an internal change address from within the wallet results in txfee error.

While we investigate and try to replicate, as precautionary measure please halt any sending from within the wallet to change address or any other internal address, a patch will be released if we can confirm the findings. So no in-wallet sending (from an wallet address to another address in that same wallet)

Bittrex is fine because they don't use the User Interface.
Always do a 1 IOC test send first.

The daemon is all fine and DIONS will continue to be launched.
This is an user interface issue that has not been replicated as of yet but we want to make sure it works 100%.

Be on the look out for an update wallet from the team if needed.

Thanks

I/O Dev team.
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
Hey guys! Just posted another Community Post! You can read it here:
https://medium.com/@newtoncrypto/community-development-eedb9f098669

If you have any questions, just come to the telegram group and chat. Or head to our reddit post and comment Cheesy
Activity: 17
IOC GIVEAWAY UPDATE

Fundraising continues:

PLEASE if you haven't already contributed to the IOC giveaway, we are nearly at our 3k target! The more we raise the more can be spent on advertising and increasing the challenge grand prize!!!

Massive thanks to everyone that has contributed so far https://chainz.cryptoid.info/ioc/address.dws?ihRoSy8RTA6vAMsNwhaJw8uaAmpiyEA2aE.htm

I just sent some coins to the address mentioned above

eae0459fbd5ad3962a765028a9e9c55a267086caa5fc7557335b2be16888cda8

Great to see the support!

We have now transferred the Giveaway funds to a wallet for administration by myself and Puglist please continue to donate to the original address: ihRoSy8RTA6vAMsNwhaJw8uaAmpiyEA2aE .

We have also decided to up the grand prize to 1000 IOC!!!! And any new donations will be added to the pot to make this a bigger giveaway and raise the profile.

Cheers, Skuffone

Activity: 365
Merit: 250
I/O Digital Where Dreams Become Technology
IOC GIVEAWAY UPDATE

Fundraising continues:

PLEASE if you haven't already contributed to the IOC giveaway, we are nearly at our 3k target! The more we raise the more can be spent on advertising and increasing the challenge grand prize!!!

Massive thanks to everyone that has contributed so far https://chainz.cryptoid.info/ioc/address.dws?ihRoSy8RTA6vAMsNwhaJw8uaAmpiyEA2aE.htm

I just sent some coins to the address mentioned above

eae0459fbd5ad3962a765028a9e9c55a267086caa5fc7557335b2be16888cda8
Activity: 4
is it normal that the transaction details on the dions wallet can not be viewed right now?

Does not work on my end either.
Activity: 11
is it normal that the transaction details on the dions wallet can not be viewed right now?
Activity: 17
IOC GIVEAWAY UPDATE

Fundraising continues:

Landing page for limited time Facebook/Twitter giveaway campaign:

Hosted: http://www.iocoin.community/

(I just need to do the tutorial when DIONS is activated)

Leaderboard for IOC Giveaway Challenge:

Hosted http://leaderboard.iocoin.community/ (note this is just demo data until the challenge begins)

Giveaway Challenge Rules: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TP3644n4qAZhBfy5d2ki2JrjwKjUIkIHztRbVxSO1o8/edit?usp=sharing

Giveaway Support Telegram: https://t.me/iocoinsgiveaway

Finally, if anyone has any tips or recommendations of websites or other social media groups to market through please let me know.

Skuffone
Activity: 365
Merit: 250
I/O Digital Where Dreams Become Technology
I would like to say a big thank you to the whole team for a great update to the wallet, I finally managed to download it and get it running and i am looking forward to moving my coins and getting them staking again. The last few months have been quite hectic for me on a personal level but I have always kept an eye on development through twitter. Congratulations to Joel, Richard and everyone involved in this amazing project.
Activity: 128
Merit: 10
Hey guys, how can i check the blockheight?

Also why's there basically no hype for this? We need to spread the word!

here
Code:
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/ioc/
Activity: 45
Hey guys, how can i check the blockheight?

Also why's there basically no hype for this? We need to spread the word!
Activity: 4
Yes you are staking. Which I had that many IOC  Tongue
this mean stacking is active?

Code:
getinfo
[13:57:06]
{
  "version": "v5.0.0.0-g85aa6c1",
  "protocolversion": 60017,
  "walletversion": 60000,
  "balance": 5408.16490883,
  "pending": 0,
  "newmint": 0,
  "stake": 0,
  "blocks": 1621327,
  "powblocks": 12815,
  "powblocksleft": 0,
  "timeoffset": 0,
  "connections": 7,
  "proxy": "",
  "ip": "69.22.184.42",
  "difficulty": {
    "proof-of-work": 4385.27795334,
    "proof-of-stake": 165746.57923688
  },
  "testnet": false,
  "keypoololdest": 1497335425,
  "keypoolsize": 101,
  "paytxfee": 0.0001,
  "mininput": 0,
  "unlocked_until": 1512862750,
  "errors": ""
}
how to rescan with windows wallet?
I just can answer to this question by myself Wink

If you have the problem that the wallet doesn't start to sync after you did a fresh install download the latest blockchain (I/O Coin Protocol 60017 DIONS BlockChain Files Block 1618642) files from this side:

https://github.com/IOCoin/DIONS/releases

Follow the replacement steps on this page and you will bring back the wallet to work Smiley

best regards

Hey everybody,

I'm having strang problems with my IOC Wallet. Since a few days it dosoen't want to connect to the network for synchronisation anymore. Even if I install the wallet on a new computer and doesn't even import the old wallet. It still doesn't sync a singel block. The wallet was running for more than 24h and nothing happens. Do you have a problem with the peers or somthing like that? Thanks for your help.

best regards
Greetings IOC Community members! As you all may know, there is a giveaway that the community is hosting to increase user adoption and market exposure of the awesome capabilities the DIONS v.1 Wallet could do with aliases, p2p messaging and decentralized storage capabilities! If you haven’t known about it already, the link to the giveaway is here:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.24115754

Hence, this is a community marketing campaign that is in much need of support from you all! If you are willing to come and help us out in any way or form, please contact me or Skuffone to help out!

Or conversely, you can help by donating some of your crypto or IOC to the giveaway pot to increase the incentives for people to come and try the wallet out! Every bit of donation counts to helping us get noticed out there even more!

If that is something you are willing to do, we have set up an IOC address for any donation to the community giveaway that is escrowed by me in this address:
ihRoSy8RTA6vAMsNwhaJw8uaAmpiyEA2aE

The donation is aimed to add to the giveaway fund along with paying expenses on advertising. Hopefully we'll hit a target of 3k/4k, that way, we can have a targeted approach on marketing the DIONS wallet via this giveaway.

Let’s get the ball rolling and create a huge success to show that the community is also here to stay and show Joel and Derek our appreciation for the amazing wallet and blockchain upgrade they have delivered the community.

Finally, if you have any other cryptos you would like to donate, feel free to contact me, Richard or Skuffone/JC on our social media channels!
Activity: 527
Merit: 500
Blockchain!!!
hello guys, this part got me confused:

"When you are staking and the coins in your wallet you will get rewarded by the network for doing so. The incentive for that is a payment of approx. 0.8% and max 2%. If all of the total coins in the network are staking, the network payment will be 2%. If 50% of all existing coins are in wallets staking the average is 1% per year. Payments are done in small amounts during the day/week.

When you stake on a raspberry pi it will cost you less than 10$/year on electricity.

With IOC value 2,50$ you need to stake 4 ioc a year to break even. So roughly that will come down to staking 500 ioc*1.2% – if you add data fees on top of the reward then you need less than 500. All depending on IOC price, electricity and hardware costs"

did you mean 400 ioc? if yes than math is correct, otherwise i don't get it

4 IOC at 2.50 is what covers the cost of electricity for staking on a Raspberry Pi for a year.  As the price rises, less IOC would be needed to negate the electricity cost.

you need a stake reward of 4 IOC a year. Thats what it says. So you need $10,- to pay for the electricity expenses.
Lets say a pi costs $30,- you need 16 IOC as reward to break even.

The incentive for that is a payment of approx. 0.8% and max 2%. If all of the total coins in the network are staking, the network payment will be 2%. If 50% of all existing coins are in wallets staking the average is 1% per year.

1% of 4IOC at 2.5$ a year is like 10 cents. that does'nt cover 10$ annual electicity bill
Here is the Raspberry Pi Stretch headless wallet for IOCoin v1.0.5. Due to the changes in libssl in Stretch you have to run the installation script to install the correct version of libssl otherwise the wallet will not work.

Important:
1) Always backup your wallet.dat first before you do anything
2) The wallet was built on Raspberry Pi3 running Raspbian Stretch and the instructions and script assume you are running as user "pi". It is a pre-requisite to have Raspbian Stretch installed on your Pi micro-SD card, preferably a clean installation. You can find instructions of how to do this on https://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads/ by either installing n00bs and selecting your OS or by downloading the image for the OS.
3) Installation directory where the binaries are installed is ~/opt/iocoin or /home/pi/opt/iocoin
4) To run the wallet go to the directory with the wallet and run the wallet file iocoind for the headless wallet at the command line.
5) An Internet connection is required for the installation
6) A bootstrap.dat is available to fast track the blockchain sync - up to block 1613775. The installation script does not force the install of the bootstrap.dat as it is very large. You need to manually download it, unzip it and place the bootstrap.dat in the ~/.iocoin folder and then run the wallet.
7) The bootstrap.dat also works for Windows wallets. Windows users just have to copy the bootstrap.dat file into their c\users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\IOCoin folder and run the Win client again
8.) You need at least an 8GB memory card for the wallet. However, with the large bootstrap file there is a chance you might run out of space and therefore a 16GB card is recommended.
9) The installation itself takes about 30-45min on an out-of-the-box Pi, but due to the large chain it will take several hours to import the blockchain.
10) You cannot just download the dynamic wallets, you have to run the script to get the dependencies as well else it will not run.
11) The installation script does not enable the UFW firewall by default. If you want to enable it, uncomment the UFW lines in the script and add the ports you want open and run it again or enable it manually by running the UFW commands as in the script with the correct port numbers from the command line.
12) Always verify the checksums when you download files to make sure it was downloaded ok. To verify the checksums on your Pi, go to the ~/opt/iocoin folder and execute sha256sum and md5sum and compare the values with the values in the checksums.txt file. Do the same for the bootstrap.dat

Instructions to use the headless command line daemon wallet:

1) The installation script creates an iocoin.conf file with the startup settings in it. Go to the folder with the binaries ~/opt/iocoin and enter ./iocoind in a terminal window to start the server
2) After the blockchain has been imported you can enter the normal wallet commands that you would as in a Windows debug console preceded with ./iocoind eg. ./iocoind getinfo. During the first time blockchain import process the wallet will be non-responsive in the sense that it will say it cannot connect to the wallet. Just wait for the import to finish and the wallet will become responsive again.
3) Remember to always make a backup of your wallet.dat file before you do anything like encrypting it
4) To encrypt your wallet run the command ./iocoind encryptwallet
5) Once you have the wallet running, blockchain imported and your wallet with coins on the Pi, then you can kickstart staking by executing ./iocoind walletpasshprase 99999999 true

For Raspbian Stretch headless wallet
Code:
wget https://bitbucket.org/jc12345/iocoin1/downloads/iocoin_installation_pi.sh && chmod +x iocoin_installation_pi.sh && ./iocoin_installation_pi.sh && rm -f iocoin_installation_pi*

Direct links:
Link to Stretch wallet installation script
Link to headless wallet for Stretch
/2t3c5P]Link to virustotal scan for iocoind
Link to bootstrap.dat up to block 1613775 (496MB zipped)
Link to checksums.txt

IOC address : ibgNLR6w6a3M2i58cq9814rhbY6jgtH2ZV

JC YOU A LEGEND! Love you bro! I'm going to try this one out on my Pi finally! Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013
Here is the Raspberry Pi Stretch headless wallet for IOCoin protocol 600021. Due to the changes in libssl in Stretch you have to run the installation script to install the correct version of libssl otherwise the wallet will not work.

Important:
1) Always backup your wallet.dat first before you do anything
2) The wallet was built on Raspberry Pi3 running Raspbian Stretch and the instructions and script assume you are running as user "pi". It is a pre-requisite to have Raspbian Stretch installed on your Pi micro-SD card, preferably a clean installation. You can find instructions of how to do this on https://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads/ by either installing n00bs and selecting your OS or by downloading the image for the OS.
3) Installation directory where the binaries are installed is ~/opt/iocoin or /home/pi/opt/iocoin
4) To run the wallet go to the directory with the wallet and run the wallet file iocoind for the headless wallet at the command line.
5) An Internet connection is required for the installation
6) A bootstrap.dat is available to fast track the blockchain sync - up to block 1665882. The installation script does not force the install of the bootstrap.dat as it is very large. You need to manually download it, unzip it and place the bootstrap.dat in the ~/.iocoin folder and then run the wallet.
7) The bootstrap.dat also works for Windows wallets. Windows users just have to copy the bootstrap.dat file into their c\users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\IOCoin folder and run the Win client again
8.) You need at least an 8GB memory card for the wallet. However, with the large bootstrap file there is a chance you might run out of space and therefore a 16GB card is recommended.
9) The installation itself takes about 30-45min on an out-of-the-box Pi, but due to the large chain it will take several hours to import the blockchain.
10) You cannot just download the dynamic wallets, you have to run the script to get the dependencies as well else it will not run.
11) The installation script does not enable the UFW firewall by default. If you want to enable it, uncomment the UFW lines in the script and add the ports you want open and run it again or enable it manually by running the UFW commands as in the script with the correct port numbers from the command line.
12) Always verify the checksums when you download files to make sure it was downloaded ok. To verify the checksums on your Pi, go to the ~/opt/iocoin folder and execute sha256sum and md5sum and compare the values with the values in the checksums.txt file. Do the same for the bootstrap.dat

Instructions to use the headless command line daemon wallet:

1) The installation script creates an iocoin.conf file with the startup settings in it. Go to the folder with the binaries ~/opt/iocoin and enter ./iocoind in a terminal window to start the server
2) After the blockchain has been imported you can enter the normal wallet commands that you would as in a Windows debug console preceded with ./iocoind eg. ./iocoind getinfo. During the first time blockchain import process the wallet will be non-responsive in the sense that it will say it cannot connect to the wallet. Just wait for the import to finish and the wallet will become responsive again.
3) Remember to always make a backup of your wallet.dat file before you do anything like encrypting it
4) To encrypt your wallet run the command ./iocoind encryptwallet
5) Once you have the wallet running, blockchain imported and your wallet with coins on the Pi, then you can kickstart staking by executing ./iocoind walletpasshprase 99999999 true

For Raspbian Stretch headless wallet
Code:
wget https://bitbucket.org/jc12345/iocoin1/downloads/iocoin_installation_pi.sh && chmod +x iocoin_installation_pi.sh && ./iocoin_installation_pi.sh && rm -f iocoin_installation_pi*

Direct links:
Link to Stretch wallet installation script
Link to headless wallet for Stretch
Link to virustotal scan for iocoind
Link to bootstrap.dat up to block 1665882
Link to checksums.txt

IOC address : ibgNLR6w6a3M2i58cq9814rhbY6jgtH2ZV
Pages:
Jump to: