Author

Topic: IOTA - page 196. (Read 1473233 times)

Activity: 146
Merit: 150
October 21, 2017, 08:58:32 AM
I decided to check on my IOTA and the balance was 0. I found that I'm supposed to set "min weight magnitude" to 14 and keep generating new addresses until my balance shows up. I've generated and attached 30 addresses so far. Still 0 balance. Is this normal? How long is this supposed to take?

https://forum.helloiota.com/105/Help-My-IOTA-balance-is-zero-steps-to-help-you-find-your-balance
Activity: 77
Merit: 0
October 21, 2017, 07:35:17 AM
Hello,
I want to setup a full node to support the IOTA network. But at the moment the Slack channel seems to not work / not accept new users.
Can you tell me, how I can find neighbours now to configure with my node?
legendary
Activity: 1245
Merit: 1004
October 21, 2017, 06:23:31 AM
I decided to check on my IOTA and the balance was 0. I found that I'm supposed to set "min weight magnitude" to 14 and keep generating new addresses until my balance shows up. I've generated and attached 30 addresses so far. Still 0 balance. Is this normal? How long is this supposed to take?
Your case seems to be different. You need the next wallet release to claim your coins. That happened to dozens of people and explains the currently bad condition of Bitfinex charts.
I know watching those evil glowing zero number can make one freak out. Patience, just patience *sighs*
Activity: 2
October 21, 2017, 03:07:13 AM
Activity: 247
Merit: 10
October 21, 2017, 02:33:02 AM
Hold your IOTA's boys.Panic selling is the worst thing you can do.
But what if that is no panic sell but a correct decision to earn some money?
Activity: 132
October 20, 2017, 10:28:08 PM
Is there any truth to this? I found it on a pennystock bb

"Infrax Systems to reboot its IoT technology for smart grid, smart homes and smart cities using IOTA's proprietary blockchain technology to reshape the IoT landscape... InfraxFacebook"

Do you have a link? What could this implicate?

infrax builds smart meters. It makes sense. http://infraxinc.com/

https://www.facebook.com/infraxsystems/   2nd post down:

"Infrax Systems to reboot its IoT technology for smart grid, smart homes and smart cities using IOTA's proprietary blockchain technology to reshape the IoT landscape. The main innovation behind IOTA is the Tangle, a revolutionary new blockless distributed ledger which is scalable and lightweight making All data which is transferred through IOTA fully authenticated and tamper-proof - making attacks impossible."

To their credit they were at one time partnered with Itron. Itron was incorporating Infrax's SNIC smart metering cards within Itrons meters, but after a few months they were removed from Itrons website as a partner with no explanation.

http://www.infraxinc.com/products/security/snic/index.php
October 20, 2017, 08:32:38 PM

"Infrax Systems to reboot its IoT technology for smart grid, smart homes and smart cities using IOTA's proprietary blockchain technology to reshape the IoT landscape... InfraxFacebook"

https://www.facebook.com/infraxsystems/   2nd post down:

"Infrax Systems to reboot its IoT technology for smart grid, smart homes and smart cities using IOTA's proprietary blockchain technology to reshape the IoT landscape. The main innovation behind IOTA is the Tangle, a revolutionary new blockless distributed ledger which is scalable and lightweight making All data which is transferred through IOTA fully authenticated and tamper-proof - making attacks impossible."
legendary
Activity: 1245
Merit: 1004
October 20, 2017, 08:25:49 PM

I am bumping against that proprietary adjective. That's not appropriate for open sourced technology. Nor even blockchain, might have to add.
If that Infrax Whatever is only known from "a pennystock bb" this implicates nuthin.
The heavy weights are counting. Bosh. VW. Telekom. Fujitsu.
Compare that with some "ooooh we are on Azure" pump.
Activity: 146
Merit: 150
October 20, 2017, 08:05:21 PM

legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1021
2009 Alea iacta est
October 20, 2017, 05:31:26 PM
Brickblock And nakamo.to Announce Partnership To Fuse Real-World Asset Trading With The Potential Of IOTA’s Tangle

"Brickblock is agnostic to what blockchain it uses. We are always looking for the one with the highest scalability, and IOTA could offer some unique advantages in the near future."
- Jakob Drzazga, Brickblock.....

http://www.mondovisione.com/media-and-resources/news/brickblock-and-nakamoto-announce-partnership-to-fuse-real-world-asset-trading-w/

October 20, 2017, 05:28:14 PM
IOTA price was also going down before BTC pump.
Now during the BTC pump still going.
Not sure if it really will change it‘s direction after BTC pump (if that pump will ever end anyway).
Activity: 246
Merit: 100
October 20, 2017, 05:26:35 PM
I've not kept up with IOTA for a while now. It climbed up to over a dollar, however since the dump after the China ban it's never recovered, what's going on???
Activity: 2
October 20, 2017, 05:22:49 PM
Hold your IOTA's boys.Panic selling is the worst thing you can do.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
October 20, 2017, 05:18:40 PM
Thanks, I meant not the coins from the ICO, I meant the coins which where sent to foundation address because you missed the transition around three months ago. It could still see my coins (even without transition and the "old" seed) until the last wallet release was released.

Any reply to my question from yesterday? I have read the last eight pages of this thread I could not find an answer to my question. I am not sure if this is the right place to ask. If there is a better one please tell me. I read there is a Slack channel but I have not used this technology and need to figure out how it works. It would be great if someone using Slack can ask the question. I think I am not the only one facing this problem. Thanks!

Unfortunately, I have not been able to deal with cryptosciences for some time and I am working on getting up to date what has been happened during the time. My very first question; Has there already been released an IOTA version with which you can claim the coins which had not run through a transition and are now somewhere stored on a foundation address?

If it is on a foundation address than you need to add come-from-beyond on skype and be prepared to endure KYC procedures.

Here is the thread. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/iota-manual-claims-tracker-unofficial-2000113

Many exchange their IOTA coins for Bitcoins because it is hard pumping. As soon as the pump of Bitcoin is over or getting stopped money will flow back to IOTA. By the ways, this holds for almost all altcoins.

Why is this coin performing sooo extremely bad the last months??
All the good and interesting news seems to bring nothing.
October 20, 2017, 05:06:57 PM

October 20, 2017, 04:57:10 PM
Why is this coin performing sooo extremely bad the last months??
All the good and interesting news seems to bring nothing.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217
October 20, 2017, 02:16:56 PM
Any reply to my question from yesterday? I have read the last eight pages of this thread I could not find an answer to my question. I am not sure if this is the right place to ask. If there is a better one please tell me. I read there is a Slack channel but I have not used this technology and need to figure out how it works. It would be great if someone using Slack can ask the question. I think I am not the only one facing this problem. Thanks!

Unfortunately, I have not been able to deal with cryptosciences for some time and I am working on getting up to date what has been happened during the time. My very first question; Has there already been released an IOTA version with which you can claim the coins which had not run through a transition and are now somewhere stored on a foundation address?

If it is on a foundation address than you need to add come-from-beyond on skype and be prepared to endure KYC procedures.

Here is the thread. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/iota-manual-claims-tracker-unofficial-2000113
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
October 20, 2017, 02:14:52 PM

Activity: 434
Merit: 255
October 20, 2017, 10:37:04 AM
The Chicago Connectory, an Internet of Things (IoT) innovation space founded by Bosch and 1871, launched their new partnership with the IOTA Foundation. The IOTA Foundation is a not-for profit organization that aims to catalyze the adoption of Distributed Ledger Technologies (DLT) to provide more transparency, security and efficiency for IoT solutions.
Bosch is a leading global supplier of technology and services and brings extensive experience in all three levels of the Internet of Things (IoT) with sensor technology, software and services, and also its own IoT cloud. This makes the company a one-stop shop for IoT in areas that include mobility and transportation, connected energy and smart cities, connected homes and smart buildings as well as connected manufacturing.

http://untangled.world/chicago-connectory-iota-foundation-announce-partnership/
Activity: 616
Merit: 263
October 19, 2017, 07:09:33 PM
There's a lot of FUD regarding IOTA but if you follow the project closely you see that they keep building on and on.
I still have big hopes for this project to succeed in the long run.
Jump to: