Author

Topic: IOTA - page 240. (Read 1473233 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 100
August 16, 2017, 05:54:15 PM
By tomorrow it will be 2 dollars Cheesy Grin
Activity: 124
August 16, 2017, 05:36:35 PM
Congrats Iota, $1 is a huge accomplishment  Smiley

that are amazing news for the whole community.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
August 16, 2017, 05:35:51 PM
I unfortunately still don't understand how to use this token, coin, or what ever it is called. I see no use for it since it's not even traded on other places. So to think that this system can be easily adapted too seems a bit false to me.

This is why the marketcap is 1/20th of what is projected for 2020.
Activity: 715
Merit: 500
August 16, 2017, 05:31:19 PM
Congrats Iota, $1 is a huge accomplishment  Smiley
Activity: 124
Merit: 10
▲™
August 16, 2017, 05:30:29 PM
I unfortunately still don't understand how to use this token, coin, or what ever it is called. I see no use for it since it's not even traded on other places. So to think that this system can be easily adapted too seems a bit false to me.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
August 16, 2017, 05:27:03 PM
Why buy volume explode last hour? News?
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
August 16, 2017, 05:20:55 PM
We broke through the $1 mark! Awesome Cheesy
GMK
Activity: 61
August 16, 2017, 04:13:39 PM
How to recover IOTA from old seed? Is there any video guide?
Really helpful and detailed guide:

https://matthewwinstonjohnson.gitbooks.io/iota-guide-and-faq/getting-started/guide-transition.html

Hope it helps other too Smiley
unfortunately this guide, as many other ones, doesn't explain anything if the seed was too long
I'm still waiting for a damned IOTA dev reply to this thread, maybe after 1 year or 2 I will find somebody helping me to recover my IOTA lost-in-sleeping balance
You would know only if you have read the guide properly and did your due diligence. Refer to Point no. 4, they have details of issues faced and resolution for same. Point 4 Sub Item 1 should have answer to your problem.

maybe you don't know that the solution of "If your old seed was longer than 81 characters, only type in the first 81 characters to this text box" SIMPLY DOESN'T WORK..YOU CAN GENERATE THOUSANDS OF ADDRESSES AND THE BALANCE IS STILL ZERO but you are so able to speak about "properly" and "diligence"
Activity: 10
August 16, 2017, 02:12:39 PM
How to recover IOTA from 32 bit laptop?
u dont need recover anythink just need the seed u used
anyone, do you have any idea why it takes so looooong to login into iota wallet ?
Activity: 300
August 16, 2017, 01:30:37 PM

But when I login from my android wallet, it shows my balance is zero. Why?

attach some adresses to the tangle
Activity: 170
August 16, 2017, 01:26:17 PM
Anyone had a resolution to the Child_Harold problem. I have tried various methods to get an update of some kind but cannot seem to get a response. If anyone has some news, would appreciate an update. Thanks.

This problem has low priority, not this month for sure.

Thanks for the update.

Hi, Just looking for a quick update on this if possible. I know you guys must be busy. Do you think this would be resolved this month or maybe next month?
Activity: 34
August 16, 2017, 01:09:49 PM

But when I login from my android wallet, it shows my balance is zero. Why?
Activity: 300
August 16, 2017, 01:06:46 PM
Activity: 34
August 16, 2017, 01:01:56 PM
Activity: 854
Merit: 281
August 16, 2017, 10:20:10 AM
my friend has some problems. for me the transition went without any hickups but my friends wallet really has some problems.

we did the transition and than we used a new seed. now for 30 minutes the balance shows 0 and 20 GI are pending .

should we re-tangle it and rebroadcast? or just wait?

in my case that balance was there after a 2 minutes.

If a transaction is pending after a transition, it is a good sign. As the IOTA website says, the transition may take minutes, hours, or unlikely a day. The balance will get back to normal once the transaction is confirmed.
Activity: 76
August 16, 2017, 08:39:55 AM
my friend has some problems. for me the transition went without any hickups but my friends wallet really has some problems.

we did the transition and than we used a new seed. now for 30 minutes the balance shows 0 and 20 GI are pending .

don't worry, I had the same "issue" and had to replay the transaction several times before seeing the balance.

It took me 7 Reply tries over 1 day and 15 hours but it just confirmed. it was a bit stressful because it's a few coin, but I get how frustrating it is having it say zero. And now how good it feels to finally have the correct balance in my wallet.
Activity: 924
Merit: 556
August 16, 2017, 08:30:07 AM
How many confirmations does an IOTA transaction need to be confirmed? I understood IOTA so that I need to confirm two other transactions via PoW to be able to send my own transaction. In this case no transaction should get more than two confirmations on average.
Furthr, if the wallet is started, will all DAG transactions be checked for correctness? Because when I first started the wallet, it was ready to use within minutes.
Activity: 596
Merit: 500
August 16, 2017, 08:17:18 AM

don't worry, I had the same "issue" and had to replay the transaction several times before seeing the balance.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
August 16, 2017, 07:53:07 AM

Use reattach from new seed.
Activity: 191
August 16, 2017, 07:47:11 AM

Jump to: