Author

Topic: IOTA - page 267. (Read 1473233 times)

legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
July 20, 2017, 09:24:05 AM
Thanks for shared news, you are very active @John_Paul  Cool
Activity: 269
Merit: 250
Activity: 275
Merit: 101
July 20, 2017, 07:42:01 AM
Yesterday I made my first transaction from 1 IOTA Wallet to a 2nd

Needed 5 minutes .... inclusive approve ....

Thats the future :-)

nice
Activity: 262
July 20, 2017, 06:06:36 AM
why this coin only trade on BITFINEX??and what's the ICO price??

i think its difficult to implement in the exchanges, takes some time, bitfinex did the first move,
when it appear on others price maybe jump up quicker,

you can check trading prices OTC on this link http://iotaprice.com/  before it appear on bitfinex,
no idea of the ICO price
Activity: 207
Merit: 100
July 20, 2017, 05:04:10 AM
why this coin only trade on BITFINEX??and what's the ICO price??
Activity: 82
Merit: 10
July 19, 2017, 05:58:30 PM
Anyone care to explain why market cap of IOTA is still so high? the project is obviosuly not THAT good, but for some reason market cap remains in the billion dollar range.

Out of curiosity, just what about the project is 'not that good' to you?  I've been in the crypto space for years and this is the only alt-coin which has ever really peaked my interest; almost entirely because this is *not* based on a blockchain.

I could be succumbing to marketing hype, but if this project can actually do the things it claims, it's definitely something very revolutionary.

Why ETH has such a large market cap with all of it's disastrous problems is the real question IMO.
Activity: 269
July 19, 2017, 04:45:03 PM
Anyone care to explain why market cap of IOTA is still so high? the project is obviosuly not THAT good, but for some reason market cap remains in the billion dollar range.

https://forum.iota.org/t/publicly-announced-iota-real-world-projects-tracker/1820
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
July 19, 2017, 04:14:40 PM

Activity: 616
Merit: 252
July 19, 2017, 04:11:50 PM
legendary
Activity: 1400
July 19, 2017, 04:09:42 PM
When is the next snapshot update  Huh
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1021
2009 Alea iacta est
July 19, 2017, 02:08:52 PM
Activity: 251
July 19, 2017, 01:42:01 PM
This thread has now collected evidence and documented the experience of several IOTA purchasers whose manual claims have been ignored for almost one year now. We have seen that contrary to the statements by the IOTA team that it is the users' fault for leaving the claim till the last moment, most such users have been trying to claim multiple times since last year, never to receive a response. Others, whose claims may have formally been processed, still can't get hold of their IOTA because the software now doesn't let them access the same addresses. A few users I have talked to privately prefer not to post their case in public, so the number of submitted but ignored claims is actually higher.

Several of the claimants I have been in talks with are more than willing to consider taking legal action (and unlike me, do not care to remain anonymous). The IOTA team is no longer unaccountable. Unlike the common scams here, they do have a business presence in the real world and have even managed to attract traditional VC investors. So I would be curious to find out how would Jamie Burke and his partners from Outlier Ventures feel about having their investment in IOTA spent on fending off lawsuits, settling legal claims, and fixing bad PR, instead of on technical and business development? Will they like the fact that the names of Outlier Ventures and IOTA now appear together in the context of scam accusations and lawsuit threats? I plan to ask them. In fact, it may be a good idea for all of you with outstanding manual claims to also copy them, in one last claim request. Their contact info is conveniently posted at https://outlierventures.io/#contact and they proudly (for now) list IOTA as a startup they have invested in. And unlike David, who may just say he never got your request, those guys are used to being accountable and wouldn't take the risk of ignoring you.
July 19, 2017, 01:33:39 PM
why everything is called a token now a days?

is bitcoin considered a token too?

Tokens do not have independent blockchains. They are dapps built on top of existing blockchains. Coins have their own independent blockchains.

so why they call token to IOTA? it has its own chain
Activity: 308
Merit: 100
July 19, 2017, 01:12:43 PM

Tokens do not have independent blockchains. They are dapps built on top of existing blockchains. Coins have their own independent blockchains.
July 19, 2017, 12:23:57 PM
legendary
Activity: 1162
July 19, 2017, 10:40:06 AM
Anyone got a good and easy article about this that I should read? It sounds very interesting but I just can't seem to get into it.

https://medium.com/@cryptojudgement/iota-promise-of-a-bright-crypto-future-6b7517349e32

I liked this one

After you read it, just go bitfinex to buy some IOTA, this is fantastic!
July 19, 2017, 10:29:00 AM

legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
July 19, 2017, 09:39:35 AM
Once bandwidth is saturated, doing more PoW will make it more likely for your transaction to get referenced by others?

Yes, because more PoW = higher priority in propagation thru the network.
Activity: 596
Merit: 500
July 19, 2017, 07:10:31 AM
Anyone got a good and easy article about this that I should read? It sounds very interesting but I just can't seem to get into it.

https://medium.com/@grnjrzefnj/the-story-of-iota-a30a209c60dc
Jump to: