Author

Topic: IOTA - page 270. (Read 1473233 times)

legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1021
2009 Alea iacta est
July 17, 2017, 05:46:40 PM
worth read

Blockchain or Distributed Ledger? Defining the requirement, not the technology

https://www.constellationr.com/blog-news/blockchain-or-distributed-ledger-defining-requirement-not-technology-0
Activity: 840
Merit: 500
Twitter: @FedKassad
July 17, 2017, 04:26:15 PM
The quality of people gathering around Iota speaks volumes. This imho is the only project currently with a real chance to take the number 1 spot from BTC and it comes at a great time when a lot of people are disenchanted by miners' shenanigans and are already looking beyond the traditional proof of work.
Activity: 146
Merit: 100
July 17, 2017, 03:13:11 PM
Not sure if its been posted yet, but coindesk wrote their own story on the SatoshiPay announcement.

http://www.coindesk.com/satoshipay-stop-using-bitcoin-blockchain-micropayments/
Activity: 384
Merit: 117
July 17, 2017, 03:00:31 PM
corporates such as Innogy, Canonical, Bosch, Cisco and Microsoft are building IOTA prototypes focussed on the Internet of Things!

IOTA is by far the most adopted coin out there!
Activity: 82
Merit: 10
July 17, 2017, 02:47:56 PM
>. 2x to 5x growth over a coupe of year period ? You are not a very big fan of IOTA then, I think will be x10 in 2 month, lets be realistic and not pessimistic! This is a great project that will take everybody by storms. Lets talk sense and give the benefit of the great technology this is!! Number 1 in CMC  soon!

I think I am being realistic.  IOTA has **DROPPED** in value by 3x in the past three months!  That's hardly a bullish trend!

It's listed on only one exchange.

The wallets that exist are amateurish and buggy.

You cannot use it as a payment network pretty much anywhere.

Virtually no one has heard about it nor is using it.

The tech is unproven.   Most of the miraculous claims about the tech are completely unproven and untested in the real world.  It's a tinker-toy now that is supposedly going to become the Eiffel tower.  That's very speculative.

I doubt it has been seriously attacked yet for vulnerabilities.  It's not clear how it would respond to an attack or something like corrupted data in the 'tangle'.

Right now IOTA is priced the same as bitcoin was in March 2013.  It does not at all feel as mature as bitcoin was at the same time.

How you can translate a 'dropped in value 3x in the past three months' into a bullish 10x sentiment in the next 2 is hardly what I would call 'realistic'.
Activity: 826
Merit: 263
July 17, 2017, 02:30:31 PM
Great performance of Iota today!  Do you think iota is influenced by the rise of btc or its own market is independent and growing?
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
July 17, 2017, 02:04:40 PM
A nice IOTA weekend update from Tangleblog - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ak5wQ3K4l9g

Warning - in this video the author expressed some of his views about global warming. It has nothing to do with IOTA project. It is a pure individual opinion. Ignore it if you don't like it. Embrace it if you like it.

Why would adults need this disclaimer?
legendary
Activity: 961
Merit: 1000
July 17, 2017, 01:43:21 PM
I just wanted to give a word of advice for people who are trying to wrap their brains around what the IOTA token 'should be worth' and it's potential for growth.

I like to think of this way.

Take the total number of IOTA tokens (talking M tokens) which is 2,777 million and divide that by the total number of bitcoin tokens there will ever be (21 million).

This means there are 132 M-iota tokens for each one bitcoin.

Since one IOTA token is, at the moment, worth 0.26 USD, that means to own a share of IOTA tokens equivalent to one bitcoin works out to $34 USD.

So, IOTA tokens are currently trading at the equivalent of a $34 bitcoin and, to wrap your brain around volatility, over the weekend it was as low as $20.

I think it is helpful to think about IOTA tokens this way.  If it ever, some day, became 'as big as bitcoin is today', where 132 M-IOTA tokens would be worth $2,060, that would be an additional 60x growth.

That said, it's probably a bit too pie-in-the-sky dreaming to think that will ever be the case.  I mean, it could happen, but I wouldn't count on it.  I would say that this should probably just be your mental idea of 'moon' someday for IOTA.

All that said, most people would be absolutely thrilled to just see a 2x to 5x growth over a coupe of year period and if IOTA gets any traction, that probably isn't an insane expectation.  It's already been 2x higher than it is now once before.

The reality is, no matter how awesome the IOTA tech is, it still needs some kind of adoption / network effect to ever go anywhere.  Right now, virtually no one seems to know about it, it's only traded on one exchange, so it still feels 'very early' on this thing.

Personally, I've been a bitcoin maximalist.  This is the first alt-coin I have ever made a significant financial investment in.    The main reason for me is due to the fact that the underlying tech is so radically different than a conventional blockchain.

Time will tell.

2x to 5x growth over a coupe of year period ? You are not a very big fan of IOTA then, I think will be x10 in 2 month, lets be realistic and not pesimistic! This is a great project that will take everybody by storms. Lets talk sense and give the benefit of the great technology this is!! Number 1 in CMC  soon!
Activity: 82
Merit: 10
July 17, 2017, 01:12:38 PM
I just wanted to give a word of advice for people who are trying to wrap their brains around what the IOTA token 'should be worth' and it's potential for growth.

I like to think of this way.

Take the total number of IOTA tokens (talking M tokens) which is 2,777 million and divide that by the total number of bitcoin tokens there will ever be (21 million).

This means there are 132 M-iota tokens for each one bitcoin.

Since one IOTA token is, at the moment, worth 0.26 USD, that means to own a share of IOTA tokens equivalent to one bitcoin works out to $34 USD.

So, IOTA tokens are currently trading at the equivalent of a $34 bitcoin and, to wrap your brain around volatility, over the weekend it was as low as $20.

I think it is helpful to think about IOTA tokens this way.  If it ever, some day, became 'as big as bitcoin is today', where 132 M-IOTA tokens would be worth $2,060, that would be an additional 60x growth.

That said, it's probably a bit too pie-in-the-sky dreaming to think that will ever be the case.  I mean, it could happen, but I wouldn't count on it.  I would say that this should probably just be your mental idea of 'moon' someday for IOTA.

All that said, most people would be absolutely thrilled to just see a 2x to 5x growth over a coupe of year period and if IOTA gets any traction, that probably isn't an insane expectation.  It's already been 2x higher than it is now once before.

The reality is, no matter how awesome the IOTA tech is, it still needs some kind of adoption / network effect to ever go anywhere.  Right now, virtually no one seems to know about it, it's only traded on one exchange, so it still feels 'very early' on this thing.

Personally, I've been a bitcoin maximalist.  This is the first alt-coin I have ever made a significant financial investment in.    The main reason for me is due to the fact that the underlying tech is so radically different than a conventional blockchain.

Time will tell.
legendary
Activity: 961
Merit: 1000
July 17, 2017, 12:51:44 PM

what does it mean that IOTA will replace BTC?

the IOTA Foundation to explore replacing Bitcoin with an alternative cryptocurrency, IOTA, as SatoshiPay's settlement network ("Project").
Activity: 715
July 17, 2017, 12:30:37 PM
A lot of good news for Iota right now.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1021
2009 Alea iacta est
July 17, 2017, 11:35:06 AM
Dr. Julie Maupin (G20, Max Planck Institute, Advisor to German government) joins IOTA

https://blog.iota.org/welcome-julie-maupin-to-iota-14b9ac92478f

On being a part of IOTA
Decentralized technologies today are presenting humanity with unprecedented opportunities to re-think the way we organize both our individual and collective lives. Everything is up for re-invention. From finance to social networking to democracy itself… there has never been a better time to be on the cutting edge. Thanks to its adherence to the golden rules of parsimony, modularity, and interoperability, IOTA has the potential to truly become the backbone of the Internet-of-Everything. Especially when considered in combination with parallel developments in artificial intelligence, the possibilities are staggering. I’m thrilled to be part of this budding community of pragmatic idealists. I look forward to contributing to the mission to ensure that IOTA develops in impactful ways that deliver broadly distributed benefits not just to the fortunate few, but especially to the many historically underserved segments of our planet’s amazing and diverse populations.
We are thrilled to have someone as professional and passionate as Julie join the project. She has been assisting us behind the scenes for some time now, particularly the IOTA Foundation registration process, but also various other valuable tasks, and has been absolutely tremendous. Her expertise and vast experience overlaps perfectly with a lot of the upcoming plans for IOTA, so we expect great synergy. Everyone give her a warm welcome!
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1671
#birdgang
July 17, 2017, 10:35:42 AM
I don't understand with the amazing project this is you don't bother to get in in bittrex or poloniex but instead you have it in a shit exchange, I don't really understand you guys,,,,it goes beyond my understanding, This can go above $1 if you have it in a decent exchange

It will be in other exchanges soon, just be patient if you don't wanna buy at bitfinex or ydx. It's not that easy to implement for the exchanges since this a new technology - no plug&play here. Iota-Team is willing to help but is not pushing it to get to other exchanges. This is no pump and dump coin.

Seems like Dr. Maupin will be working on smart contracts for Iota Smiley
Activity: 262
Merit: 250
July 17, 2017, 10:03:49 AM
i like bitfinex, they dont add any shitcoin unlike bittrex,

bittrex looks like the old criptsy scam,
Activity: 763
July 17, 2017, 09:40:44 AM
July 17, 2017, 09:38:09 AM
IOTA is unstoppable!
July 17, 2017, 09:34:32 AM
G20 law and economy expert Dr. Julie Maupin joined IOTA foundation - https://blog.iota.org/welcome-julie-maupin-to-iota-14b9ac92478f

Activity: 596
July 17, 2017, 09:05:10 AM
I don't understand with the amazing project this is you don't bother to get in in bittrex or poloniex but instead you have it in a shit exchange, I don't really understand you guys,,,,it goes beyond my understanding, This can go above $1 if you have it in a decent exchange

what's the point of getting on every exchanges before the tech is ready and well polished? The goal isn't to be another random shitcoin.
Activity: 489
July 17, 2017, 08:46:11 AM

what's the hurry ?
bitfinex looks fine to me, decent entry barrier, nice smooth looking, it is not the exchange which establish the value.
btw i dont like exchanges that artificially inflate the price, if you know what i mean...bitfinex not excluded  Roll Eyes

Sorry to be honest I don't like the look of bitfinex, its very confusing trading there and is not the best for IOTA. IOTA will never grow if you keep it only there.
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
July 17, 2017, 08:41:40 AM

what's the hurry ?
bitfinex looks fine to me, decent entry barrier, nice smooth looking, it is not the exchange which establish the value.
btw i dont like exchanges that artificially inflate the price, if you know what i mean...bitfinex not excluded  Roll Eyes
Jump to: