Author

Topic: IOTA - page 300. (Read 1473233 times)

Activity: 269
Merit: 250
June 17, 2017, 08:30:54 PM
When your coin has such an insanely high coin cap that you need a chart to understand what decimal you're in

Actually for the total amount, IOTA is similar to Bitcoin. Iota has no decimal point and is equivalent to satoshi in Bitcoin. There are 2.1x10^15 satoshi in total for Bitcoin and there are about 2.78x10^15 iota in total for IOTA.
Activity: 269
June 17, 2017, 08:26:00 PM
Anyway for us in the USA to purchase IOTAs?... we are blocked from bitfinex.

You can send btc to bitfinex.
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1022
June 17, 2017, 07:29:06 PM
ok
https://github.com/iotaledger/wallet/releases

where are the check hashes, md5, sha etc
Activity: 187
Merit: 100
June 17, 2017, 07:13:46 PM
Why is this not on more major exchanges? Surely they want the volume, so what's the deal?

When will IOTA get on Poloniex & Bittrex, Kraken, BTC38, OKCoin, BTC-e, Bitstamp?

We will not leak any info about this, it is up to the individual exchanges to make their own timeschedules and announcements, we will simply echo them.

If you want IOTA to be implemented on a specific exchange fast, well then your best course of action is to ASK THEM, so they see the demand, don't ask us, we're not in the business of running exchanges.

I think they want to concentrate on the development of the project. exchanges are not first prio for them which sounds very good to me.
Activity: 187
Merit: 100
June 17, 2017, 07:06:27 PM
Hello everyone,

I am absolutely new in this world of cryptocurrency.

I would have a lot of questions regarding the trading process, sites, trading platforms and so on, but I am sure I will find my answers on this forum in the beginners topics.

Other than that, I have a question for you guys, about IOTA.
Although I have seen few videos on youtube about IOTA, I still don't get something.
On coinmarketcap, 1 iota is evaluated at $0.43, but near the price, there is another name - Miota. From the videos I watched on yt, I have seen that $0.43 are actually 1 mil iota (miota). That means, 1 iota = $0.00000043.
Well, my question is: If I will buy 200miota, I would have to pay $.43x200? If iota (not miota) will be in the next years, $0.00040, that means I will have - 200.000.000 x $0.00040?

I am sorry if you will not be able to understand my question, it might be because English is not my native tongue.

Just convert using this:

Thank you, that is helpful indeed even though is not an answer that answers my questions fully.
Let me put it in other way: Is iota the same principle as satoshi? Or I should say: satoshi is for bitcoin, as iota is for..?

other than btc (satoshi), iota does not have decimals.. only full/whole numbers (long integer)
Activity: 840
Merit: 500
Twitter: @FedKassad
June 17, 2017, 06:55:12 PM
Why is this not on more major exchanges? Surely they want the volume, so what's the deal?
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
June 17, 2017, 05:28:22 PM
so many iota exist? it's crazy...

It's crazy only if you believe to words of strangers in yellow. That dude just wants cheap iotas so he spreads lies.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
June 17, 2017, 05:26:02 PM
Of course, I'll trust you as the source for a richlist when you can't even provide this service 24/7 in the block explorer.

Let's get this right: the developer and lead pumper provides an unverifiable "rich list" which isn't shown on the official block explorer, and I'm expected to believe it? 2.7 billionx1000 coins is the cap of IOTA, and nobody can prove otherwise.

Smells really legitimate.

Let's bet for 1 BTC that the rich list is verifiable. Do you accept the bet?
Activity: 323
June 17, 2017, 05:17:24 PM
hello guys, may I ask how many times claim iota snapshot on doing up to these days? https://pastebin.com/NdQjLWbK I last only up to here
Activity: 35
Merit: 0
June 17, 2017, 05:07:31 PM
Hello everyone,

I would have a lot of questions regarding the trading process, sites, trading platforms and so on, but I am sure I will find my answers on this forum in the beginners topics.

Although I have seen few videos on youtube about IOTA, I still don't get something.
On coinmarketcap, 1 iota is evaluated at $0.43, but near the price, there is another name - Miota. From the videos I watched on yt, I have seen that $0.43 are actually 1 mil iota (miota). That means, 1 iota = $0.00000043.
Well, my question is: If I will buy 200miota, I would have to pay $.43x200? If iota (not miota) will be in the next years, $0.00040, that means I will have - 200.000.000 x $0.00040?

I am sorry if you will not be able to understand my question, it might be because English is not my native tongue.

Just convert using this:

https://i.imgur.com/OUhZZTE.png

Thank you, that is helpful indeed even though is not an answer that answers my questions fully.
Let me put it in other way: Is iota the same principle as satoshi? Or I should say: satoshi is for bitcoin, as iota is for..?
Activity: 266
DeepOnion - Advancing Privacy and Security
June 17, 2017, 04:44:07 PM

Just convert using this:

When your coin has such an insanely high coin cap that you need a chart to understand what decimal you're in

so many iota exist? it's crazy...
legendary
Activity: 1225
Merit: 1000
June 17, 2017, 04:42:33 PM

Fun fact:
There are just ~30% more iotas than satoshis (once all BTC are mined)
legendary
Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002
June 17, 2017, 04:32:51 PM
Are IOTA transactions going to be Anonymous?

See (MAM) Masked Authenticated Messaging in the roadmap:
https://blog.iota.org/iota-development-roadmap-74741f37ed01
Activity: 546
Merit: 257
Have you found the Yellow Sign?
June 17, 2017, 04:32:10 PM

Just convert using this:

Activity: 78
Merit: 10
June 17, 2017, 04:28:09 PM
Are IOTA transactions going to be Anonymous?
legendary
Activity: 938
June 17, 2017, 04:23:46 PM
Hello everyone,

Just convert using this:

Activity: 35
June 17, 2017, 03:57:10 PM
Hello everyone,

legendary
Activity: 1792
June 17, 2017, 03:41:21 PM
www.iotaexchange.com
Activity: 17
June 17, 2017, 03:24:17 PM
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
June 17, 2017, 03:10:47 PM
Child_Harold saga coming to an end

Back in the very early days of IOTA there was a lot of OTC trades on this forum, some useless piece of shit who went by the moniker 'Child_Harold' managed to scam quite a lot of people for tens of thousands of dollars. His victims had been repeatedly warned by ourselves and virtually everyone else to not conduct non-escrow trades with someone that used to berate the founders of the project, but they went ahead anyway...We managed to stop it before it got way out of hand, since then the victims of CH has wondered if it is possible for them to get some of the tokens he sold them, the answer is yes, however CH oversold his stake, so if you bought from him you will only get a fraction of the number he promised you.

We finally got the time now to resolve this permanently and are preparing the release of these tokens, this means that if you were an unfortunate Child_Harold victim then you need to fire up the IOTA client and generate address to get the tokens. In addition to this send link to proof of your trade with CH and your address to me on PM

PS: I know from experience that at least one idiot will try to scam here by claiming they were a victim of CH, when in reality they werent, don't bother wasting time, we got verifiable info about each of the real victims.

I am victim of this child_harold.

Can somebody PM me the process of getting some of my investment back?
Jump to: