Author

Topic: IOTA - page 295. (Read 1473233 times)

Activity: 371
Merit: 252
June 20, 2017, 11:31:13 AM
Ok, I bought in. Got myself a stash of IOTA and ready to move my coins off Bitfinex. I installed the wallet just fine in Ubuntu. But I got stuck with the setup. I'm on mobile and would like it if anyone could kindly point me to the next step. Thanks.
Activity: 68
Merit: 10
June 20, 2017, 10:21:53 AM
Impressive... they are doing a good job  Smiley
Activity: 269
Merit: 250
June 20, 2017, 09:54:50 AM
Solar Magazine interview with IOTA Foundation Member David Cohen, a US-based expert in distributed computing and digital energy, to gain insight into how it could dramatically enhance the sharing of locally produced solar energy. - https://solarmagazine.com/blockchain-trading-peer-to-peer-solar-energy-trading/

- "Digital markets that rely on IOTA Tangle can deliver seamless, “frictionless” and zero-cost P2P trading, transaction processing and record-keeping without the need for intermediaries, IOTA says. That could unlock and help realize the unrealized full value of shared, local emissions-free solar energy assets."
Activity: 124
Merit: 100
June 20, 2017, 09:06:04 AM
Seriously guys everyone buying now buys the top of any coin!

You name it. Happy to be part of it.
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
June 20, 2017, 05:37:04 AM
June 20, 2017, 05:29:09 AM
Activity: 377
Next Generation Antivirus
June 20, 2017, 05:10:32 AM
someone send please invite to join slack
June 20, 2017, 04:16:02 AM

The top for now is at 1.3 not 0.42. But I hope you are right and we will see lower prices so I can buy more  Smiley

Activity: 187
June 20, 2017, 04:08:14 AM

based on what? only time will tell if your statement will come true...
June 20, 2017, 04:03:57 AM
ICO again  Huh

Why you Want to ICO Again ?
Activity: 490
June 20, 2017, 04:00:37 AM
Activity: 4
June 20, 2017, 03:07:03 AM
Per my usual luck. I waited to go in on the coin when I felt like there was going to be a rise. Bought in at 44 cents and it immediately dropped to high 39...sigh. But iota seems solid, doesnt seem like much of a risk, so much so, I dumped my xrp to buy into this. No shilling here, I honestly did. This coin and teams future looks bright! Now if it will just go back to being over 44 cents... Id be much happier ^^
Activity: 121
June 19, 2017, 10:18:36 PM
I came across this project when I received newsletter from Bittrex that it will be listed on their exchange, I can see this is not an ICO project, I will like to ask how the huge number of tokens in circulation was distributed, is it by Airdrop or mining?

they said when it will be listed? or when did they send the newsletter?

Looks like he confused Bitfinex to Bittrex, a lot of people seem to have done that.

Bittrex don't preannounce what they will or will not list.
Bittrex staff will never comment on whether or not a coin will or will not be added to the exchange.
June 19, 2017, 10:08:56 PM
Again I ask, exactly how many transactions can IOTA handle at max capacity?

This is not the correct way to ask a question.

Instead i will answer by saying the minimum max "i" have seen so far is 800tps. and zero fee kicks ripple's ass rippling.
Iota by design scales with faster tps when there is more activity on the network.
The general answer would be as fast as the data transfer speed on a communication cable/device can handle.
June 19, 2017, 10:01:00 PM
Once IOTA is traded on other exchanges that allow wiring in of US dollars, is it possible to base pricing off of the US dollar instead of off bitcoin?  This would provide for a more stable benchmark to value IOTA.

Bitfinex already does this with some limitations, and you can withdraw basically anywhere as long as you have more than $50k usd+ per withdrawal.

Please be aware that USD wire withdrawals are currently severely hindered due to an ongoing disruption with US correspondent banks.

USD Withdrawals are currently processing in two ways:
1) For users with Taiwanese OBU bank accounts
2) Through a special, one-time withdrawal option available for amounts greater than $50k.

Please see bitfinex.com/posts/203 for more information.
Activity: 27
June 19, 2017, 06:56:27 PM
An article on medium.com is saying that IOTA is centralized.

Just an opinion below :

1/

The author thinks that, in 2017, such a cryptocurrency can be launched publicly less than 1 year ago, then hits the top 10 on coinmarketcap and be fully relying on the users.

« yes the world is wild Smiley »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ihaOLOt29U

But what he wrote was interesting.

Many people already asked how can we trust the snapshotting process. Cores don’t know who is asking so they don’t explain everything each time. But now it's clearly written on Internet.

2/
As far as i know it’s possible to outsource « the proof of work ». There is also a project to distribute the work between devices.

But   even without these counter arguments, , he should not write that all devices are just 500Mhz powerful and running on small batteries…...Would it be really a problem to not include yet these devices in the project ?

It seems there is already a wallet on android  Smiley We will see feedback of users.

By the way it would be nice that someone explains according to which rules the level of work asked can be adjusted.

3/
Someone wrote in the comments that in the future it would be possible to put  a malicious coordinator……..But users have to check the wallet before installing. it’s the same for all crypto.

The force of IOTA relies on many users (Satoshi dream i would say).

4/
When snapshoting will be local event. It will skyrocket definitely.

Дo Пoбeды !!!!!

Marcel Beliveau
June 19, 2017, 05:40:33 PM
Reserved.. wait for next project.. but Suddenly add in coinmarketcap.
Jump to: