Author

Topic: IOTA - page 408. (Read 1473233 times)

legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000
January 10, 2017, 01:13:34 PM
Yep. Why sell tokens when you can sell BMW-s ? LOL
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
January 10, 2017, 01:11:31 PM
So it could be possible, that BMW uses its own token for bmw and daimler its own for daimler...
they can make extra money with it after all...

There is a reason why companies prefer to buy other companies instead of running their own competing departments, so I think your scenario is very unlikely. It's even funny when I imagine BMW (a company with 15 billion EUR of profit) selling tokens of a IOTA clone...
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1020
expect(brain).toHaveBeenUsed()
January 10, 2017, 12:47:57 PM
sell the tokens?

To whom? To Ford maybe? But they will run their own clone of IOTA Smiley

To their customers. we are in the beginning of a new era like the internet was.
At that time some companies created their own part of the internet like AOL for example.
It took a while until it was really decentralized...

So it could be possible, that BMW uses its own token for bmw and daimler its own for daimler...
they can make extra money with it after all...

But lets hope, that you have enough marketing power involved, that it doesn't happen...
legendary
January 10, 2017, 12:33:37 PM
sell the tokens?

To whom? To Ford maybe? But they will run their own clone of IOTA Smiley
legendary
January 10, 2017, 12:15:52 PM
You still didnt answer my question though, there is no incentive for a corporation to connect to your nodes and use your tangle, instead of making their own.

It's actually an interesting question. So, once again, you are the BMW owner, what advantages will you get if you clone IOTA?

sell the tokens?

But you can also sell BMW-s  Huh
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1020
expect(brain).toHaveBeenUsed()
January 10, 2017, 12:08:03 PM
You still didnt answer my question though, there is no incentive for a corporation to connect to your nodes and use your tangle, instead of making their own.

It's actually an interesting question. So, once again, you are the BMW owner, what advantages will you get if you clone IOTA?

sell the tokens?
legendary
January 10, 2017, 12:04:54 PM
I wouldn't have to buy Iota tokens. or wait I don't have to own them to use Iota, right?

Right.
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
January 10, 2017, 12:01:13 PM

I wouldn't have to buy Iota tokens. or wait I don't have to own them to use Iota, right?
legendary
January 10, 2017, 11:33:47 AM

legendary
Activity: 1181
Merit: 1002
January 10, 2017, 11:14:10 AM
EDIT: btw, why does Iotatoken membes/foundation-members seem so hostile after mentioning byteball? Does mentioning byteball scare you or give you cancer?

Yea, we are very afraid of Byteball. Now please go out of this thread  Wink
No thanks, Ill stay in this thread and laugh at all the self-appointed important "wise" people. Gonna grab some popcorn too.

To use your example: How would the BMW pay for parking or road pricing or be broadcasting music (assume pay to listen model)?
Activity: 360
Merit: 250
January 10, 2017, 11:13:09 AM
EDIT: btw, why does Iotatoken membes/foundation-members seem so hostile after mentioning byteball? Does mentioning byteball scare you or give you cancer?

No thanks, Ill stay in this thread and laugh at all the self-appointed important "wise" people. Gonna grab some popcorn too.

the point is: people do ask questions based on their toilet-thoughts instead of reading all sources necessary to get a solid opinion.
Activity: 378
January 10, 2017, 11:05:14 AM

legendary
January 10, 2017, 10:52:16 AM

January 10, 2017, 10:49:33 AM
Why would anyone be buying Iotatokens when they can just run their own instance of Iota, for their own purpose?

As Iota is IoT, M2M oriented.

For instance, BWM could run it for their cars and sell access/data to others who want their data - and take a higher fee than just relying on your instance Iota?

Or any other purpose where you need M2M communication, you would run your own instance, and call it a day, why waste money buying something is is free anyway?
Because the IoT needs to be interoperable. Every corporation having their own network will not work.
And why would it not work? Every corporation has their own Payroll and Oracle databases and whatever.

In fact, every corporation having their own instance, would give them much more control, and money, than using a global one, and thus giving control, and money, to Iota foundation.

It would also be more secure, they could even modify Iota slightly to make it inoperable with others, and if their data is really valuable, the other corporations will pay for it in real money, even in Byteballs.

case closed, take Byteballs, dont use and buy IOTA.
all foundationmembers, especially those who are connected to real industries are not important. forbes/huffington post, techcrunch are all wrong. iota is bad, thank you for opening my eyes.
Wait, are you actually making an argument by appealing to authority, on bitcointalk? Appeal to authority?

No problem, glad to be at your service, if you ask Ill open something else for you than just your eyes. For example a beer.

Activity: 360
January 10, 2017, 10:44:51 AM
Why would anyone be buying Iotatokens when they can just run their own instance of Iota, for their own purpose?

For instance, BWM could run it for their cars and sell access/data to others who want their data - and take a higher fee than just relying on your instance Iota?

Or any other purpose where you need M2M communication, you would run your own instance, and call it a day, why waste money buying something is is free anyway?
Because the IoT needs to be interoperable. Every corporation having their own network will not work.
And why would it not work? Every corporation has their own Payroll and Oracle databases and whatever.

In fact, every corporation having their own instance, would give them much more control, and money, than using a global one, and thus giving control, and money, to Iota foundation.

It would also be more secure, they could even modify Iota slightly to make it inoperable with others, and if their data is really valuable, the other corporations will pay for it in real money, even in Byteballs.

case closed, take Byteballs, dont use and buy IOTA.
all foundationmembers, especially those who are connected to real industries are not important. forbes/huffington post, techcrunch are all wrong. iota is bad, thank you for opening my eyes.
January 10, 2017, 10:38:01 AM

legendary
Activity: 1792
January 10, 2017, 10:27:56 AM

January 10, 2017, 10:23:51 AM

Activity: 854
https://iota.org/
January 10, 2017, 03:19:53 AM
Activity: 169
Merit: 10
January 09, 2017, 07:29:38 PM
I see some of our foundation members doing a great job of actively promoting IOTA. http://blockgeeks.com/author/pclind1/

Sensor data from each autonomous vehicle will be generating approximately 4 terabytes of data a day.
https://newsroom.intel.com/editorials/krzanich-the-future-of-automated-driving/

Intel's hardware platform for automated driving. http://intel.com/automotive/GO

3,000 four-passenger cars could serve 98 percent of taxi demand in New York City, with an average wait-time of only 2.7 minutes.
https://news.mit.edu/2016/how-ride-sharing-can-improve-traffic-save-money-and-help-environment-0104
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHWrRci0H54

The solution for these automotive M2M transactions is IOTA Inside. Smiley
Jump to: