Author

Topic: IOTA - page 405. (Read 1473233 times)

legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
January 12, 2017, 08:44:15 AM
What IoT platforms do you know, if any?
Laughable response,  Roll Eyes

Hm, I wanted to make sure you understood what you were talking about. Judging by your reply, you have no clue at all and are just trolling. So I'm banning you from this thread. All further posts will be deleted.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
January 12, 2017, 08:39:14 AM
Please do tell, which IoT platforms does Iota currently run on?

Laughable response,  Roll Eyes But its nice to let people know in this thread that Iota is a shitcoin not to be invested or thought of seriously.

Iota is decentralized but not trustless. Requires trust in slack channels for peering nodes to avoid Sybils, despite employing PoW for transactions. Just laughable. Gonna need more popcorn here.

We had such systems back in 2001.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
January 12, 2017, 06:09:39 AM
I am launching a bot assisted escrow service on #trading channel of IOTA Slack. The service can be used to buy/sell iotas from/to other people. To use the service contact me via a direct message sent to @yassinnxt.

A typical iota trading scenario looks as follows:
1. You send BTC or iotas to an address provided by me
2. I issue a command to deposit the corresponding amount to your balance tracked by the bot
3. You buy/sell iotas (this can happen as many times as you need)
4. You give me an address to send earned BTC/bought iotas to
5. I adjust your balance and send real tokens to your address

Trades are conducted with 0% fee. Deposits/withdrawals are charged with 1% fee (rounded up). Min amount of a deposit/withdrawal is 10'000 microBTC/2 Gi.

The service was tested with test tokens, but it is still possible that an undiscovered bug may lead to a loss of all your BTC/iotas, so I suggest to trade a small amount per session.

To get instructions how to trade iotas once you get your tokens on the balance type "HELP" on #trading  channel.
January 12, 2017, 05:58:13 AM
1 billion iotas is currently worth around 1 BTC. He got the total supply right though.

Did you mean 100 billion is worth 1 BTC?
legendary
January 12, 2017, 04:31:54 AM
For the record, peer discovery is irrelevant to consensus in Byteball.  Even if Sybiled, a node cannot select a wrong branch, by design.  The worst that can happen to a node while it is Sybiled, is that the node will stay stuck at some old point on the DAG, as if it were offline.  CfB if you want to reply, IOTA thread is not the best place for in-depth discussion of Byteball, post to https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/obyte-totally-new-consensus-algorithm-private-untraceable-payments-1608859.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.17479740
legendary
Activity: 1225
Merit: 1000
January 12, 2017, 01:51:43 AM
Byteball vs IOTA-token. Basic features and field of application explained!
http://www.tangleblog.com/2017/01/03/byteball-vs-iota-token/

This article is wrong to say there are 10^12 bytes, lol. There are 10^15 bytes, isn't it? The author is apparently weak in Math and does not count zeros correctly.

I am not familiar with IOTA, is there 2.78*10^15 IOTA? unless the author counted digits wrong again, I read somewhere 40K IOTA worth 1 BTC? this mean IOTA market cap worth 70 billions BTC??? I must missed something here...

Anyone can please explain this question on IOTA valuation? I don't see anyone answered it, I am curious to see what number is wrong there...

1 billion iotas is currently worth around 1 BTC. He got the total supply right though.
Activity: 438
January 11, 2017, 11:16:49 PM
@iotatoken
Nice to meet you.
When can I get my Iotatoken?
How much can I get ?
Best wishes.

@IOTATOKEN
@IOTATOKEN
I hope my problem is solved
legendary
Activity: 1619
Merit: 1004
Bitcoiner, Crypto-anarchist and Cypherpunk.
January 11, 2017, 09:09:40 PM

trolling intensifies. and there are discussions in slack but your imagination is your problem, not IOTA's. everyone is saying that Byteball is legit, but no competitor in the IoT. What's wrong about that?

Byteball is also 50% owned by 4 ICO groups; Lisk, Waves, Iconomi and Kmodo. The distribution model will kill it, unfortunately.

50% from 10 % ....

Yes, but those groups will only have to just sit back and collect more Byteball with each distribution round.

Waves have sold their bytes apparently so no it's not 50% owned either by 4 or 3 ICO groups.
Activity: 1232
Merit: 528
Community Manager: ETN
January 11, 2017, 08:09:25 PM

This article is wrong to say there are 10^12 bytes, lol. There are 10^15 bytes, isn't it? The author is apparently weak in Math and does not count zeros correctly.

I am not familiar with IOTA, is there 2.78*10^15 IOTA? unless the author counted digits wrong again, I read somewhere 40K IOTA worth 1 BTC? this mean IOTA market cap worth 70 billions BTC??? I must missed something here...

Anyone can please explain this question on IOTA valuation? I don't see anyone answered it, I am curious to see what number is wrong there...

The 40,000 for 1 BTC was before it launched, and before they decided to take the total amount of coins and multiply them by 2.78 million.

Which was a good idea because of its intended use m2m with microtransactions
Activity: 938
Merit: 500
January 11, 2017, 07:05:12 PM

legendary
Activity: 965
Merit: 1033
January 11, 2017, 06:36:46 PM
I’m not a very good technical expert, but I think at the moment there are running 12 „Witness-Nodes“ and they are saving the Network. At the moment they are hosted by developer Tony in the Future it should be de-centralized and you can chose them in your wallet.
So at the moment the Network is not fully decentralized.

This explains why there is no a protection against an eclipse attack, which can be conducted if a naive peer discovery is used (which is the case of Byteball, I noticed this trying to recover byteballs of my friend). In IOTA necessity to talk to people is an anti-Sybil measure. Poor SatoNatomato doesn't understand all these nuances, I suggest to forgive his childishness.

For the record, peer discovery is irrelevant to consensus in Byteball.  Even if Sybiled, a node cannot select a wrong branch, by design.  The worst that can happen to a node while it is Sybiled, is that the node will stay stuck at some old point on the DAG, as if it were offline.  CfB if you want to reply, IOTA thread is not the best place for in-depth discussion of Byteball, post to https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/obyte-totally-new-consensus-algorithm-private-untraceable-payments-1608859.
legendary
January 11, 2017, 06:03:38 PM

legendary
January 11, 2017, 06:02:35 PM
And byteball has, just like most other cryptocurrencies...

You know that Byteball is not marketed as a decentralized cryptocurrency, don't you?
Activity: 715
January 11, 2017, 05:42:15 PM

trolling intensifies. and there are discussions in slack but your imagination is your problem, not IOTA's. everyone is saying that Byteball is legit, but no competitor in the IoT. What's wrong about that?

Byteball is also 50% owned by 4 ICO groups; Lisk, Waves, Iconomi and Kmodo. The distribution model will kill it, unfortunately.

50% from 10 % ....

Yes, but those groups will only have to just sit back and collect more Byteball with each distribution round.
Yeah, but that is like when you cant criticize the technology, then criticize those who were willing to use the technology. Nothing stopped you from linking your BTCs to get your share of Bytes and lower the share those others got.

Besides, the distribution of Bytes is not over only 10% have been distributed so far, and if a few holders end up with large % of the total supply, is not a show-stopper as early-adaptors of Bitcoin still hold a large % of the total supply, the inequality is not a show-stopper for success - the total number of users is the verdict.

Iota is not a competitor to Byteball, but the Iota foundation members and developers have a hostile attitude with kicking and banning, and even in this channel hostile just towards people for mentioning Byteball. All it took for you guys to stop even attempting to answer my questions was a mention of Byteball. Sad really. Sad.

I admittedly know little about the the nitty gritty of either Iota or Byteball because I'm not a coder. I do hold both. Iota is much further along in terms of real company adoption, as I've actually sold to several people (exchanges and business) who will use Iota and there are some really big names. I've used Byteball and the wallet is easy to use and obviously you don't have to manually add peers which is very user friendly, but it's entirely different in terms of consensus. I think both are great projects, they are only being compared because they both use DAG, but that is literally where the similarities end.
Activity: 714
January 11, 2017, 05:38:44 PM
Seriously another post about this random ass project (no disrespect to its developers or community) 'byteball' and it will be auto-deleted. This is topic of IOTA, want to discuss a random altcoin? Make your own thread, the only reason Byteball is even peripherally remotely relevant is that it constantly tries to piggyback on IOTA, but truth be told; no one gives an iota of a fuck about Byteball in IOTA, so spam somewhere else.
January 11, 2017, 05:32:53 PM

50% from 10 % ....

Yeah, but that is like when you cant criticize the technology, then criticize those who were willing to use the technology. Nothing stopped you from linking your BTCs to get your share of Bytes and lower the share those others got.

Besides, the distribution of Bytes is not over only 10% have been distributed so far, and if a few holders end up with large % of the total supply, is not a show-stopper as early-adaptors of Bitcoin still hold a large % of the total supply, the inequality is not a show-stopper for success - the total number of users is the verdict.

Iota is not a competitor to Byteball, but the Iota foundation members and developers have a hostile attitude with kicking and banning, and even in this channel hostile just towards people for mentioning Byteball. All it took for you guys to stop even attempting to answer my questions was a mention of Byteball. Sad really. Sad.
Activity: 1069
Merit: 682
January 11, 2017, 05:19:02 PM

50% from 10 % ....

If they do nothing and just keep most of their BTC and already distributed Byteball, they will Keep their share in % of the cake.
But Waves will already get less.
Activity: 715
January 11, 2017, 05:10:49 PM

50% from 10 % ....

January 11, 2017, 05:07:48 PM
I’m not a very good technical expert, but I think at the moment there are running 12 „Witness-Nodes“ and they are saving the Network. At the moment they are hosted by developer Tony in the Future it should be de-centralized and you can chose them in your wallet.
So at the moment the Network is not fully decentralized.

This explains why there is no a protection against an eclipse attack, which can be conducted if a naive peer discovery is used (which is the case of Byteball, I noticed this trying to recover byteballs of my friend). In IOTA necessity to talk to people is an anti-Sybil measure. Poor SatoNatomato doesn't understand all these nuances, I suggest to forgive his childishness.
LOL. OK

Ill just ask all the customers of my IoT device to join your slack channel and talk to peer their IoT devices with each other in order to transact worthless iota tokens.

You can throw words around, eclipse, but its not like you understand how to construct usable valuable software.

Anti-Sybil measures can be implemented without resorting to slack-channels, such as Persea. But you wouldnt know of that right. And byteball has, just like most other cryptocurrencies, especially PoS based ones, Eclipse-attack protection in the form of - "hey visit an or two public explorers and check your address and balance before you actually use it to transact to ensure you are not eclipsed". Your attempts at defaming byteball is laughable. Just like kicking and banning byteball discussion in Iota slack.

Byteball is more suited for IoT than Iota is.

copper member
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1348
January 11, 2017, 05:06:57 PM

50% from 10 % ....
Jump to: