Author

Topic: IOTA - page 566. (Read 1473233 times)

legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000
Reality is stranger than fiction
May 12, 2016, 04:53:59 PM
Thanks for the update! You are doing great work!
legendary
Activity: 1181
Merit: 1018
May 12, 2016, 04:21:03 PM

Thanks for the update David! 

legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1131
May 12, 2016, 04:20:09 PM

Oh I remember Wesley from Nxt. I didn't know he was slow but at least he has the skills for the job and will not leave us like the others.
Activity: 1069
Merit: 682
May 12, 2016, 04:16:02 PM
Perfect, looking forward to test 0.9.4 !
vgo
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 1019
May 12, 2016, 04:03:02 PM
Thanks for update, good job!  Cool
legendary
Activity: 1205
May 12, 2016, 03:42:52 PM
Thanks for the update David!  Smiley
Activity: 588
Merit: 503
Free Julian Assange
May 12, 2016, 03:07:23 PM
Just to address this for the infinith time:

As the leader of the project I accept wholeheartedly that any frustration will be directed at me, that is inevitable and fair. If the criticism is based on reality or the questions are legit, I will answer respectfully. However, when you are seeing me tell someone to 'fuck off' or 'shut up' it is unequivocally due to that person either being a confirmed troll, a speculator concerned about speculator issues, or someone who is asking the same question for the 10th time that has been responded to him. I will never change when it comes to being brutally honest, it's just who I am and will always be. I never run into drama with legit honest people, or in business negotiations or in assisting someone who just genuinely don't know what to do, but I don't care about dishonest people. When someone claims that we are blackmailing (yes they used this exact word) when we tell them that they should test the software they bought to help push launch faster instead of complaining about something they can actively do something about, I will obviously tell them to stop wasting my time. But even in those instances I take the time to write a relatively long post explaining everything, which I have done at least 10 times.

GUI

I presume everyone knows the basic story of GUI by now, we hired 3 professionals with incredible portfolios; 1 disappeared before we even got to working, 1 team (creativedash) lost their developer in the middle of the job, then refused to honor the full agreement and acted the most unprofessional I have ever seen, 1 dev who had worked for several major companies like Motorola, Four Seasons hotels etc. literally had am mental breakdown and threatened us with all sorts of insane shit if we didn't just let him take the money "because my life is hard" after lying chronically for weeks about working, when in reality he wasn't. I had to threaten him with legal action to get him to refund the money. Then we started using Wesley, our previous collaborator from Nxt, what we did not know was that due to personal issues in his life, he was way, way slower than we had ever anticipated and he went weeks above his own estimate. BUT it's still being worked on and will be done at 0.9.4 launch. By now we also got iOS and Android client due to our great community member Adrian. So re: GUI, no problems

New website

We have hired a really great team (finally a reliable one) that is making a brand new website for us which will visually show the IOTA ecosystem in the Internet-of-Things and give a "woah" factor for everyone new to the project. It will be launched right before launch of IOTA.

State of IOTA

IOTA development is going swimmingly, we had to do a fuckton of analysis which required a lot of computational power. The community came together and lent their idle cores (this is actually what IOTA was made for, distributed shared computing, so poetically beautiful) and we used AWS for the rest. This process is soon done, and once it is 0.9.4 will be done.
Also please do not forget that IOTA has been in testing and optimization since January, what we have now is several fold better than what we had in January, there has been no break in progress whatsoever. Not only that, but we also have another great community member - Tomer Krisi - who is developing the C# client so that we'll have both Java and C# around launch. Next up is C and Rust.

Thanks for the update.
Activity: 854
May 12, 2016, 02:30:59 PM
Thank you for the update!
legendary
Activity: 1540
May 12, 2016, 02:10:03 PM
Good Updated for everybody!!  Cool
Thanks for your hard work my friend!!  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004
May 12, 2016, 01:42:45 PM
Thanks for the update, please let us know when testing commences.
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
May 12, 2016, 01:39:41 PM
Just to address this for the infinith time:

As the leader of the project I accept wholeheartedly that any frustration will be directed at me, that is inevitable and fair. If the criticism is based on reality or the questions are legit, I will answer respectfully. However, when you are seeing me tell someone to 'fuck off' or 'shut up' it is unequivocally due to that person either being a confirmed troll, a speculator concerned about speculator issues, or someone who is asking the same question for the 10th time that has been responded to him. I will never change when it comes to being brutally honest, it's just who I am and will always be. I never run into drama with legit honest people, or in business negotiations or in assisting someone who just genuinely don't know what to do, but I don't care about dishonest people. When someone claims that we are blackmailing (yes they used this exact word) when we tell them that they should test the software they bought to help push launch faster instead of complaining about something they can actively do something about, I will obviously tell them to stop wasting my time. But even in those instances I take the time to write a relatively long post explaining everything, which I have done at least 10 times.

GUI

I presume everyone knows the basic story of GUI by now, we hired 3 professionals with incredible portfolios; 1 disappeared before we even got to working, 1 team (creativedash) lost their developer in the middle of the job, then refused to honor the full agreement and acted the most unprofessional I have ever seen, 1 dev who had worked for several major companies like Motorola, Four Seasons hotels etc. literally had am mental breakdown and threatened us with all sorts of insane shit if we didn't just let him take the money "because my life is hard" after lying chronically for weeks about working, when in reality he wasn't. I had to threaten him with legal action to get him to refund the money. Then we started using Wesley, our previous collaborator from Nxt, what we did not know was that due to personal issues in his life, he was way, way slower than we had ever anticipated and he went weeks above his own estimate. BUT it's still being worked on and will be done at 0.9.4 launch. By now we also got iOS and Android client due to our great community member Adrian. So re: GUI, no problems

New website

We have hired a really great team (finally a reliable one) that is making a brand new website for us which will visually show the IOTA ecosystem in the Internet-of-Things and give a "woah" factor for everyone new to the project. It will be launched right before launch of IOTA.

State of IOTA

IOTA development is going swimmingly, we had to do a fuckton of analysis which required a lot of computational power. The community came together and lent their idle cores (this is actually what IOTA was made for, distributed shared computing, so poetically beautiful) and we used AWS for the rest. This process is soon done, and once it is 0.9.4 will be done.
Also please do not forget that IOTA has been in testing and optimization since January, what we have now is several fold better than what we had in January, there has been no break in progress whatsoever. Not only that, but we also have another great community member - Tomer Krisi - who is developing the C# client so that we'll have both Java and C# around launch. Next up is C and Rust.

Activity: 441
Merit: 500
May 12, 2016, 01:22:06 PM
I don't feel like reading all the other pages full of nonsense, can anyone do a short summary of IOTA's status?

testing went fine so far with 0.93 and now everyone is waiting for 0.94

in terms of GUI not much news, so far we are using the minimal GUI from cfb

What is the state of the GUI?  Has it been scrapped? 

To be fair to a lot of people in the community are not technically inclined enough to feel confident testing.  My understanding was while the GUI was not promised at the beginning it was asked for by the community with the purpose to help the less technically inclined participate in testing. 
ImI
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019
May 12, 2016, 11:36:37 AM
I don't feel like reading all the other pages full of nonsense, can anyone do a short summary of IOTA's status?

testing went fine so far with 0.93 and now everyone is waiting for 0.94

in terms of GUI not much news, so far we are using the minimal GUI from cfb
legendary
Activity: 1050
May 12, 2016, 11:33:04 AM
Activity: 882
May 12, 2016, 11:23:21 AM
Hi here is my two cents nobody asked for  Smiley,

I'm one of those people that bought this software with the mere interest to possess them early and by so cheap. will i just sell em for profit to a iot startup? will i find partners and work out a project myself? i don't know at this point. But i was shure it would be a smart move to get me a part of the network now rather than later. And i bought after the ICO here in Speculation thread.
So right now i'm just a speculator and i'm ok with the fact that by so have no say in anything you guys do or how fast.
Now i'm no developer myself, just an enthusiast, thats why i'm also pretty shure i can't help in your testing process, and I'm hesitant out of fear of doing mistakes that would result in me losing iotas or also actually slowing down testing by needing to much help.

i would just ask you iotatoken for one thing. or give you a tip. often we get pissed of by one person and than let our frustration of at another person that didn't even cause our anger but just was asking a similar question or we just assumed it came from a similar spirit like the person that was really annoying us when it actually wasn't. if that makes sense  Cheesy , I think your at this point a bit

Also i have a question about the testing. i guess the testcrowd won't increase tenfold over night. so assuming testing goes on at current speed with current manpower, when is the goal of 1 mil transactions (correct me if i got that wrong) expected to be reached? And if you are personally also not happy with that estimate what measures can we " the community" (hate that word in this context) take to bring more competent testers to the table.

I think constantly claiming "its up to you guys , Investors fuck off" won't do the trick, i'm exaggerating a bit  Smiley, hope you get what i'm saying, i think its not clear to alot of people right now how many people would have to test how extensively for how long to reach our goal in what time. If there was some clarity about this we could start finding solutions easier and the bickering would stop or decrease at least.

much respect

hoertest
legendary
Activity: 1205
May 12, 2016, 11:02:46 AM
I hope you realize that more than half of these "derailing" and "drama" comments wouldn't exist if you would just be a little nicer to the community.  90% of the posts I see you make are you yelling at somebody.  It's frustrating.

+1440
I agree with you.
Activity: 368
Merit: 250
May 12, 2016, 10:36:32 AM
still waiting for any news:)
Activity: 321
Merit: 250
May 12, 2016, 10:27:41 AM
Very much confirmed, when someone says that you are BLACKMAILING them for asking them to test the software, they are unequivocally trolling. And we don't really have stakeholders, we got customers who purchased software, if they have no intention of testing the software they have no reason to complain either. End of story.

Blackmailing, wtf are you talking about David?

Did you forget the post about accusing us of blackmailing for not releasing the software out of beta until it was tested sufficiently?

Since you don't have any people skills, here is what people want to here: "Hey investors, sorry for all the delays, here is the current status of the project, here is what we are working on and what date we expect to have it done. Here are the reasons why we have delays and why we never released GUI, I realize there have been a lot of changes and I appreciate your investment and patience and will try to keep you up to date on a daily basis"

Since you are completely wrong, here is the truth: WE DON'T HAVE A SINGLE INVESTOR. How many times do I have to repeat this before it sticks to your greymatter? Seriously. We said 1 month before we even announced the sale that it was not for investors, it's not a security, it's not an asset, it's software for Internet-of-Things. That was the premise for your purchase, if you bought it for any other reason that is 100% on you and we will respond in this tone every.single.time.

As for delays, there has been no significant delays. The GUI was never part of what you purchased, the GUI was something we decided to make at the end of the sale period, it was never in the roadmap or purchase. Again this has been said 100 times. Beta commenced literally on schedule, delayed about a week due to christmas and new years (even though we were all working throughout the entire holidays). So again, you're in the wrong, as ALWAYS. Re: GUI delays (which you never had any right to in the first place), they have also been addressed ad nauseam, how are you unable to retain this information? We have been 100% open about the cause of the delays in real time constantly.

So please for the love of every sub-atomic particle in the universe either learn to read and teach yourself some critical thinking skills or shut the fuck up permanently.

Again: you're not an investor, you bought software, you have had access to said software since January, but instead of participating in testing it you are sitting on a forum whining like some spoiled little brat about something you have no right to complain about. Pathetic beyond words.

Another post from you in this category will automatically be deleted and not replied to from hereon, you are wasting our time and derailing the community with your pathetic lies and attempts at drama over imaginary bullshit.

I hope you realize that more than half of these "derailing" and "drama" comments wouldn't exist if you would just be a little nicer to the community.  90% of the posts I see you make are you yelling at somebody.  It's frustrating.

cue iotatoken yelling at me now for not getting it and not seeing what's going on behind the scenes....
legendary
Activity: 1148
May 11, 2016, 07:19:48 PM
People who are making complaints and are negging about development should really go and watch in the mirror and ask them selfs if they don't got something more useful to do in their lives.

Stop distracting the devs and dont ask same things 100 times.

Come with constructive posts and help.

IOTA is mentioned in Forbes already and other places and there is a lot of news, what they even didnt publish yet.

So for all the trolls, go back in to your caves or do something useful  Grin
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
May 11, 2016, 05:33:49 PM
There was an explanation why 2 last posts were deleted, now here is a placeholder which will also be removed after a while to keep this thread on-topic.
Jump to: