Author

Topic: IOTA - page 584. (Read 1473233 times)

legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1131
April 21, 2016, 10:24:08 AM

Could you confirm the change of 2779530283277761 max supply instead of 999999999.999999 ?
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
April 21, 2016, 10:16:45 AM
I am afraid Videodrome is right. Everyone sits on his seat on the train an waits for it to go. Only projects, that do active marketing by devs have a chance. Press will anyway only talk to devs. If you just own a stake, you can't go to a blog writer and ask for a interview with you... who wants to read that?

Not true. You bought IoT software for a reason, you must have some plans for it. Believe it or not most Bitcoin / Ethereum PR hasn't come from the devs themselves alone, most of it comes from projects using/planning to use these technologies. So whatever project you had in mind when buying IOTA: start talking about it.
April 21, 2016, 09:56:54 AM
fully agree with this. The BTC raised in the crowdfound must be used for marketing branding and other important thing. You can not expect that this matter must be done by the crowdfound members.I know community and work group are important but the money you have raised are also important to do something.I have the impression that you're asking too much to the community! Which are already people who have largely financed you and your project.

No. You don't go to the store to buy football shoes and then expect the seller to also train you how to play football and ensure that you make it to the champions league. You bought IoT software, no more and no less. Not a single dollar of the money we raised were EVER said to go to marketing or branding, only the software. The work we have done for marketing, branding, adoption etc. for the past 5 months has been our volunteer work as community members. Remember we didn't even set aside a single iota premine to ourselves, precisely because this is a community project; if the community fails to deliver it is 100% responsible. This has been clear from day 1, so please stop being passive and do something.

Now we have setup the foundation initiative as a way for the community to CHOOSE if they want us to continue doing the marketing etc. but it's not something anyone will do for free. You did not buy some magic lottery ticket that entitles you to a ROI. Stop with this bystander effect.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1020
expect(brain).toHaveBeenUsed()
April 21, 2016, 06:42:05 AM
Sorry to be the broken record this time, but is there any news as of late?  Discussions and posts have slowed down the past few days here, on chat and in the official IOTA forum.

This is the community's responsibility. They can't expect a handful of people to create the tech, do all the marketing, do all the branding, do all the adoption work etc. and also be responsible for how active the current holders of IOTA is. Everyone should be doing their community part.

A community cannot be established without the ability to exchange Iota, plain and simple. People will step up to fill specific roles but without Iota changing hands, users are stagnant. Rlh is far from a troll or inactive community member so I find your response a bit overly defensive and inappropriate.  

fully agree with this. The BTC raised in the crowdfound must be used for marketing branding and other important thing. You can not expect that this matter must be done by the crowdfound members.I know community and work group are important but the money you have raised are also important to do something.I have the impression that you're asking too much to the community! Which are already people who have largely financed you and your project.

I am afraid Videodrome is right. Everyone sits on his seat on the train an waits for it to go. Only projects, that do active marketing by devs have a chance. Press will anyway only talk to devs. If you just own a stake, you can't go to a blog writer and ask for a interview with you... who wants to read that?
Activity: 588
Merit: 503
Free Julian Assange
April 21, 2016, 06:32:31 AM
Sorry to be the broken record this time, but is there any news as of late?  Discussions and posts have slowed down the past few days here, on chat and in the official IOTA forum.

This is the community's responsibility. They can't expect a handful of people to create the tech, do all the marketing, do all the branding, do all the adoption work etc. and also be responsible for how active the current holders of IOTA is. Everyone should be doing their community part.

A community cannot be established without the ability to exchange Iota, plain and simple. People will step up to fill specific roles but without Iota changing hands, users are stagnant. Rlh is far from a troll or inactive community member so I find your response a bit overly defensive and inappropriate.  

April 20, 2016, 05:16:40 PM
Sorry to be the broken record this time, but is there any news as of late?  Discussions and posts have slowed down the past few days here, on chat and in the official IOTA forum.

Ah, I see, this is why I was in touch with so many projects and start-ups for Ethereum half a year before launch, gotcha.
Activity: 171
Merit: 100
April 20, 2016, 05:00:56 PM
Anybody interested in IOT world congress?

http://www.iotsworldcongress.com/

I will assist, we can have a couple of beers there  Grin

Would be nice to if IOTA could have a testbed there!
This would attract people more than any bla, bla - and prove that it is available now...
Activity: 715
April 20, 2016, 04:12:13 PM
Sorry to be the broken record this time, but is there any news as of late?  Discussions and posts have slowed down the past few days here, on chat and in the official IOTA forum.

rlh
Activity: 804
Merit: 1004
April 20, 2016, 04:07:17 PM

I 100% agree.  I asked because in my case my involvement is a bit contingent on having an IRI that I know is current and in a moderately stable state.

Thanks, CfB for sending me the code.

For sure, by the way have you chatted at all with Tomer/Artik123 who is creating a C# client?

No, I haven't.  I didn't see any additional discussion in chat.  Are these discussions taking place in a specific room?
Activity: 763
April 20, 2016, 03:54:15 PM
If you want more business oriented people and programmers know about IOTA and maybe have some chances to let some programmers and startups explore their opportunities on IOTA, you can connect to some of your local IoT meetups in your areas. There are some meetups in every corners of the world. Here is a link to let you find out several IoT meetups near you - http://www.meetup.com/find/?allMeetups=false&keywords=IoT&radius=Infinity&userFreeform=Atlanta%2C+GA&mcId=z30342&mcName=Atlanta%2C+GA&sort=recommended&eventFilter=mysugg.
You actually don't have to go to the meetings. You can just connect to those meetups on the internet and discuss IOTA through online discussions or messages. There are lots of programmers and startup minded people in those groups. Let's help IOTA reach out to the real IoT world. But please do it as an individual just like your making posts on the BTT and do not represent IOTA.

The IoT meetups all over the world are gold mines for us to get IOTA connected to the programmers and individuals with entrepreneurial spirit in the IoT industry. You always can find one or two IoT meetups near you and everyone can join those meetups.

One of best things for those meetups is that they always welcome the introduction and promotion of the new technologies. Actually introducing and promoting new technologies is one of their main goals. Some meetups open their member email list to any member in the group.

There are couples of things you can do to introduce IOTA to members in the meetups. For instance,

1) You can make posts on the discussion and promotion boards or discuss IOTA on another people’s posts.

2) You can send messages to the group organizers and other members. We should especially build connections and relationships with the organizers because they are good at organizing events and can help to grow local IOTA enthusiasts and build IOTA meetups if we can get them to like IOTA.

3) You can go to the meetings to talk to people about IOTA.

4) You can present IOTA to the members in a meeting. They always welcome members to present new technologies.

5) You can start your own local IOTA meetup group.
legendary
Activity: 1455
Merit: 1033
April 20, 2016, 03:09:22 PM
I, as many others, bought the IOTAs at the Spekulation Tread from an early adopter.

Is it possible that if the coin would come out we have an period of perhabs 4 days till it will go to the exchanges?

If everything happens at the same time, the Seller could look if it is better to dump on Exchange or to the seller from the spekulation-Tread  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000
April 20, 2016, 02:58:15 PM

Bitcointalk is altcoinSpeculateTalk.

And IOTA is real business - hopefully the standard protocol for payments, messages and resource sharing between machines.
April 20, 2016, 02:22:04 PM

I 100% agree.  I asked because in my case my involvement is a bit contingent on having an IRI that I know is current and in a moderately stable state.

For sure, by the way have you chatted at all with Tomer/Artik123 who is creating a C# client?
rlh
April 20, 2016, 02:20:36 PM

April 20, 2016, 02:17:45 PM

legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
April 20, 2016, 01:47:07 PM

Also, I saw the 0.9.0 beta code was posted in chat, but CfB mentioned it was without the API code which is partially what I'm interested in.

Is there a complete(ish) version out that we could have soon?  My workload has slowed down a bit and I want to catch back up on what I've not had the time to research.

Application of Iota to real-world projects showed some things that could be improved, during last few days/weeks I changed the relevant code and now am writing the frontend. Come to Rocketchat and I'll send you a link to 0.9.0. Everything is ready in the core and the next phase is bug hunting, but I'm rewriting bits of code to make it prettier (when taking a rest from PGUI).
rlh
April 20, 2016, 01:33:55 PM

Also, I saw the 0.9.0 beta code was posted in chat, but CfB mentioned it was without the API code which is partially what I'm interested in.

Is there a complete(ish) version out that we could have soon?  My workload has slowed down a bit and I want to catch back up on what I've not had the time to research.
Activity: 577
April 20, 2016, 10:08:02 AM
Anybody interested in IOT world congress?

http://www.iotsworldcongress.com/

I will assist, we can have a couple of beers there  Grin
Activity: 577
April 20, 2016, 08:26:04 AM
Question: Those of us that bought IOTA on NXT AE, so we'll we receive the multiplied amount since it was increased?

I can't see why not, but I would ask the person you bought from as it's ultimately their decision.

Of course, any other thing would be really unfair.
legendary
Activity: 1470
April 19, 2016, 12:52:11 PM
Question: Those of us that bought IOTA on NXT AE, so we'll we receive the multiplied amount since it was increased?

I can't see why not, but I would ask the person you bought from as it's ultimately their decision.
Jump to: