Author

Topic: IOTA - page 589. (Read 1473233 times)

Activity: 658
Merit: 500
April 15, 2016, 07:03:34 AM
Can I expect an official download link for the "client for hardcore users"?. If so, is it posted here??

Somehow you have managed to publish your post in the past. I've made this conclusion because you requested software that is scheduled to be done in a week only.

He Craig Steven Wright'd it.

Sorry, please translate to Romanian.
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
April 15, 2016, 05:58:58 AM
Can I expect an official download link for the "client for hardcore users"?. If so, is it posted here??

Somehow you have managed to publish your post in the past. I've made this conclusion because you requested software that is scheduled to be done in a week only.

He Craig Steven Wright'd it.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
April 15, 2016, 05:13:29 AM

Activity: 658
April 15, 2016, 04:56:33 AM
Can that whole schedule be published? Grin

11th of April - 17th: Multisig
18th - 24th: Client for hardcore users (I don't like bells and whistles that eat 100% of CPU)
25th - 30th: Testing of the whole Iota functionality
1st of May: Holiday
2nd of May: Release of beta version

This is my personal schedule that is not coordinated with the Foundation that (maybe) planned Grand opening with fireworks and barely dressed girls serving cocktails.

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1004
April 15, 2016, 03:12:27 AM
When launching IOTA

18th - 24th: Client for hardcore users (I don't like bells and whistles that eat 100% of CPU)

This is my personal schedule that is not coordinated with the Foundation that (maybe) planned Grand opening with fireworks and barely dressed girls serving cocktails.
Activity: 812
April 15, 2016, 12:59:58 AM
barely dressed girls serving cocktails
whopa!

i recommend myself and child_harold for bartenders Cheesy

Child_harold will be the best bartender ever   Grin

Jinn & Tonic? or a White Russian?

seriously though - coffee-bean juice  Embarrassed
vgo
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 1019
April 15, 2016, 12:24:23 AM
...planned Grand opening with fireworks and barely dressed girls serving cocktails.

Great job, that's what we needed to hear, thanks for update. Cool
Activity: 438
Merit: 250
April 14, 2016, 11:46:59 PM
When launching IOTA
Activity: 763
April 14, 2016, 08:51:12 PM
Yes, I will post a huge update as soon as we have launched IOTA, also having explanatory video made and a full website detailing the processor etc.
In short: we'll exit stealth mode soon after IOTA launch Smiley

Will the Jinn prototype be ready by the time you launch IOTA?
legendary
April 14, 2016, 06:14:47 PM
Btw, is the ternary system starting with 0 or 1? (1*3^0)

Activity: 171
Merit: 100
April 14, 2016, 06:07:04 PM
Could we have a more detailed response as to what is proving so difficult?

The stars say that only the 9th GUI dev will deliver. Or the 0th (me).

Hope you'll stick to monochrome theme for the gui and open source!
Styles and colors are overestimated;-)
All the guys who ask for a fancy UI find it at the exchanges, where they want to speculate anyway.
Keep on focusing on essentials and back-end features (I know you do it...).
The UI needs just four buttons and a listbox, so the speculators can transfer their funds...
If it's open source, you just need to provide the basic examples and the rest comes by it self if its really needed.

Btw, is the ternary system starting with 0 or 1? (1*3^0)
Wish you a cloud less sky tonight!
legendary
April 14, 2016, 03:53:52 PM
"new format address" - I thought that finally there will be no new format in the addresses. The addresses remain the same. Is that true CfB?

No. Address reuse is rolled back but new address format is kept.
Activity: 734
Merit: 109
April 14, 2016, 03:11:24 PM
As long as it's still considered beta the rollback is always a possibility.

Will some have to repeat the step of sending their IOTAs to the new format address (after a potential rollback) depending on when they did the step?

Yes.

"new format address" - I thought that finally there will be no new format in the addresses. The addresses remain the same. Is that true CfB?
legendary
Activity: 1344
April 14, 2016, 02:28:53 PM
whopa!

Child_harold will be the best bartender ever   Grin
legendary
Activity: 2124
Merit: 1013
K-ing®
April 14, 2016, 12:14:46 PM
whopa!

legendary
April 14, 2016, 12:10:32 PM
Thanks!   Smiley

"A world with the money can not be perfect." - BCNext

The dude is dead for long time but I'm kept being annoyed by that "can not" grammar mistake on regular basis...
legendary
April 14, 2016, 11:57:14 AM
As long as it's still considered beta the rollback is always a possibility.

Will some have to repeat the step of sending their IOTAs to the new format address (after a potential rollback) depending on when they did the step?

Yes.
Activity: 627
April 14, 2016, 11:55:44 AM
Thanks,

Hopefully Wesley will come through.
Looking forward.
rtrt

Wait... unable to deliver in deadline OR unable to deliver ANYTHING!?

It has gotten to the point that this looks like a joke. The official response also seems underwhelming - this can't be that "simple" if no one can do it. If four professionals can't do the job something else is happening, it can't be they are all lazy and stupid. So what is happening?

I've heard the phrase "welcome to the world of..." 5x already from you in this thread and it looks worse everytime. I'm just dumbfounded that the GUI is causing such massive headaches for you and the team. Could we have a more detailed response as to what is proving so difficult?

It truly is, nothing else. It's a simple HTML5/CSS/JS/SVG UI. There is really nothing super complex about it, one dev mentioned that the API was a bit different from what he expected, but nothing else.

In short summary:

We first hired a UI dev from www.dribbble.com late December with the agreed time schedule of beginning at the start of January. He never showed up, and never responded, and hasn't used any of his social media since with exception of 1 post. I have NO idea what happened to him, but hope he's alright even though it seems he fell off the face of the Earth.

CreativeDash screwed us over when they lost their dev (which in retrospect they probably already knew was going to happen, but decided not to tell us to get money for design). Then they 'forgot' to send crucial files for a whole month, and then when confronted about lacking certain animations as agreed on before work commenced they just stopped replying. Worst design firm in the world, no matter their impressive portfolio.

Dan Warfel literally just disappeared for weeks at a time, claiming he was in the hospital, but then when I discovered he was still posting on social media while 'in the hospital' and not responding to us and confronted him with it, he just started making up more and more excuses about being "95% done". This guy had several 'breakdowns' during our conversations, literally to the point where I was afraid he might hurt himself. He also spent the funds we gave him upfront, so he had to borrow money to refund us, which took quite some time. Again this guy had an impressive portfolio too.

Latest UI dev we have used is Wesley who made the Nxt Client and SecureAE client. Unfortunately he has also been unreliable, I still like Wesley for his work in the past and I know he got the skills to be useful, but apparently some health issues is impacting his performance and so there has been extended delays. Right now we're still working things out with him because at least I know he works, just way way slower than what we agreed upon.

So yea, that's the whole story. Lesson to be learned: even if you do full background checks, hire professionals and sign contracts: you're still likely to be screwed a couple of times. We have just been extremely unlucky with UI development, there's no other issue going on. In the meanwhile we have added functionality to IOTA core and found several ways to optimize IOTA, which matters. GUI is for humans, machines don't care about GUI, so that's why we haven't panicked about Murphy's Law striking down hard on us with the GUI. Of course now that we're approaching launch we need the GUI, so either Wesley will finish it or we will put it together ourselves by the end of the month. HOPEFULLY Wesley will deliver.
Activity: 714
April 14, 2016, 11:50:12 AM
Can that whole schedule be published? Grin

Thank David and CfB. Question regarding Beta: Will this Beta than be able to have safe transactions (without the likelihood of rollbacks) or will this come with a final release later?

As long as it's still considered beta the rollback is always a possibility. However if a lot of people conduct testing the beta period will not last long, so full launch will be right afterwards.
legendary
April 14, 2016, 11:31:25 AM
Could we have a more detailed response as to what is proving so difficult?

The stars say that only the 9th GUI dev will deliver. Or the 0th (me).
Jump to: