Author

Topic: IOTA - page 605. (Read 1473233 times)

legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
April 01, 2016, 05:38:39 AM
Can anybody explain in plain English what makes post-quantum cryptography immune to quantum computer decryption?

Ignorance does. While http://math.nist.gov/quantum/zoo/ doesn't contain an algorithm that could crack post-quantum cryptography we are safe.
legendary
Activity: 1225
Merit: 1000
April 01, 2016, 05:21:36 AM
one little q:

will CfB change genesis accounts so that our pledges for fundation/deal obligation becomes real one?
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17d2k_0Xgy2SSFx6NWx2xyrgF9pFcs_Mr-GgVg5Uvzjw/edit#gid=0

sorry for bad english

No, pledges are just promises to send iotas.

There is no proof of ownership with the pledges, anyone could come and say: Hey, I'm the 54M super whale, cfb please donate all my iotas to the foundation.
Activity: 812
April 01, 2016, 05:16:59 AM

sorry for bad english

everybody's attempts to communicate in a non-native tongue are admirable and i respect you all. (my foreign language abilities are pathetic by comparison)
unfortunate typos (LOL) are no big deal, but could easily be avoidoad 9 Wink )
legendary
Activity: 2124
Merit: 1013
K-ing®
April 01, 2016, 05:13:16 AM
one little q:

will CfB change genesis accounts so that our pledges for fundation/deal obligation becomes real one?
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17d2k_0Xgy2SSFx6NWx2xyrgF9pFcs_Mr-GgVg5Uvzjw/edit#gid=0

sorry for bad english
April 01, 2016, 04:57:22 AM
Three big little questions.

Can anybody explain in plain English what makes post-quantum cryptography immune to quantum computer decryption?

Will this immunity be temporary as quantum computers become more sophisticated, or does the maths indicate immunity is guaranteed?

Finally, does IOTA require ternary procs (JINN) to be truly secure from quantum comps?

It would be nice to be able to explain this in conversation.
Thanks in advance.
legendary
Activity: 1540
April 01, 2016, 04:01:00 AM
Hi Yassin!

Could you edit my pledge and make it 37.5K to the Foundation and 50K to the deal?

Thanks!
edited!! Wink
April 01, 2016, 03:52:22 AM
In Quantum news: http://news.mit.edu/2016/quantum-computer-end-encryption-schemes-0303

OK, so they factored the number 15 ("who's that sniggering in the back?"), BUT it's a potentially scalable solution.

The beginning of the end for encryption schemes?

New quantum computer, based on five atoms, factors numbers in a scalable way.

(…)

Now, in a paper published today in the journal Science, researchers from MIT and the University of Innsbruck in Austria report that they have designed and built a quantum computer from five atoms in an ion trap. The computer uses laser pulses to carry out Shor’s algorithm on each atom, to correctly factor the number 15. The system is designed in such a way that more atoms and lasers can be added to build a bigger and faster quantum computer, able to factor much larger numbers. The results, they say, represent the first scalable implementation of Shor’s algorithm.

“We show that Shor’s algorithm, the most complex quantum algorithm known to date, is realizable in a way where, yes, all you have to do is go in the lab, apply more technology, and you should be able to make a bigger quantum computer,” says Isaac Chuang, professor of physics and professor of electrical engineering and computer science at MIT. “It might still cost an enormous amount of money to build — you won’t be building a quantum computer and putting it on your desktop anytime soon — but now it’s much more an engineering effort, and not a basic physics question.”

EDIT: Is it just me or is the name Isaac Chuang a beautiful synergy between east and west, ha!
http://web.mit.edu/physics/images/faculty/chuang_isaac.jpg
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
April 01, 2016, 03:40:46 AM
Hi Yassin!

Could you edit my pledge and make it 37.5K to the Foundation and 50K to the deal?

Thanks!
April 01, 2016, 03:38:48 AM
Speaking of terminology it might also be time to check out the development of IoT standards and try to get our foot in the door. Key phrase is Device Provisioning Protocol (DPP)

With the increase in Wi-Fi CERTIFIED devices available, end users have the ability to add a more diverse set of devices to their Wi-Fi networks, including a growing range of devices that do not have a rich user interface. Wi-Fi Alliance Device Provisioning Protocol will enhance the user experience with a simple, secure, and consistent method for on- and off-boarding any type of device on a Wi-Fi network.

http://www.wi-fi.org/who-we-are/current-work-areas

In short IoT devices have a nightmare with security issues atm and the industry is trying to work out a solution.

Enter IOTA (?)

EDIT: As I see it the only way IOTA can succeed is by getting lots and lots and lots of nodes (tens of thousands). Therefor the surest way of getting these numbers of nodes is to be part of the new standard, whatever it is. You want IOTA in hw firmware? This is the only way I can see of achieving this goal.
Activity: 544
Merit: 500
March 31, 2016, 07:51:29 PM
We should standardize terminology.

Seed = secret string of chars
Private key = derived from a seed (+ index)
Public key = derived from a private key
Address = Public key derived from a private key derived from a seed with index = 0

Sorry for the confusion fellow iOtians, i mentioned private keys when I should have used 'seed'
legendary
Activity: 1540
March 31, 2016, 05:54:15 PM
Quote from: cryptoken, post:40, topic:175, full:true
A CALL TO ALL IOTA HOLDERS!! I am pledging an additional 1MM extra IOTA (2.5MM total) that will be donated to the Foundation if 9MM is collectively pledged and donated to this initiative by other whales, dolphins, manatees, platypus and minnows. If you have already donated, please consider doing so again. If you have not donated please do what you can!

Everybody please repeat this call to IOTA holders in other communication channels to get good exposure. Have the final donation pledges announced here for efficiency.

From my side: I 'd like to put another 10k to foundation and 100k to Big deal.

Thank you Yassin in advance  Wink
edited!! Smiley
Thanks again for donation!!  Kiss
Activity: 854
https://iota.org/
March 31, 2016, 05:16:07 PM
Quote from: cryptoken, post:40, topic:175, full:true
A CALL TO ALL IOTA HOLDERS!! I am pledging an additional 1MM extra IOTA (2.5MM total) that will be donated to the Foundation if 9MM is collectively pledged and donated to this initiative by other whales, dolphins, manatees, platypus and minnows. If you have already donated, please consider doing so again. If you have not donated please do what you can!

Everybody please repeat this call to IOTA holders in other communication channels to get good exposure. Have the final donation pledges announced here for efficiency.

From my side: I 'd like to put another 10k to foundation and 100k to Big deal.

Thank you Yassin in advance  Wink
legendary
Activity: 924
March 31, 2016, 04:49:52 PM

Lol it still says on the main page "IOTA GUI Relases" X) I like the christmas spirit!

oh god our translator expert is always drunk.

I think he was meaning Releases but he have wrote Relases.

I have already send to him an email and i hope he will fix as soon as possible the error.

Probably this will posticipate the lunch for other 2 days,i'm sorry.(we have to reprogram all the count down system from the beginning)

Posticipated again!?   Huh  Angry

Ah yes, posticipation: the eager expectation of something in the past.

Seriously though, I'm always happy to help proof-read.

Rather than have one of those Relapses. Cheesy
March 31, 2016, 04:15:07 PM

Lol it still says on the main page "IOTA GUI Relases" X) I like the christmas spirit!

I have already send to him an email and i hope he will fix as soon as possible the error.

Probably this will posticipate the lunch for other 2 days,i'm sorry.(we have to reprogram all the count down system from the beginning)

Ah yes, posticipation: the eager expectation of something in the past.

Seriously though, I'm always happy to help proof-read.
legendary
Activity: 1148
March 31, 2016, 03:30:09 PM
Very happy for this partnership!! Good Work!

https://coinreport.net/nasa-mit-others-join-open-solar-energy-project-electricchain/    #NASA #MIT #IOTA

Thats some awesome news!!

Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1708
Reality is stranger than fiction
March 31, 2016, 03:13:21 PM
Very happy for this partnership!! Good Work!

https://coinreport.net/nasa-mit-others-join-open-solar-energy-project-electricchain/    #NASA #MIT #IOTA
Activity: 588
Merit: 503
Free Julian Assange
March 31, 2016, 02:39:07 PM
Activity: 386
Merit: 250
March 31, 2016, 02:23:05 PM

Activity: 588
Merit: 503
Free Julian Assange
March 31, 2016, 12:31:23 PM

Activity: 201
Merit: 100
March 31, 2016, 12:18:18 PM
I imagine the growing industry around drones will be a suitable application for iota.  Imagine uber-like delivery services between organizations and devices.

http://techcrunch.com/2016/03/31/allware/
Jump to: