Author

Topic: IOTA - page 645. (Read 1473233 times)

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1004
March 10, 2016, 01:27:20 AM
Update: Dan (the UI dev) suddenly showed up again, I am guessing the mails did the trick, he claims he'll have it done by tomorrow night his time (EST). We'll see. I have 3 back-ups at this point, so no matter what it'll come soon.

Other good news: we're working on oracling which will allow IOTA to utilize smart contract platforms like Ethereum and Rootstock (a more comprehensive and exciting update about this will come soon).

There's also some rather big potential collaborations being established with companies that want to try out IOTA, but as usual I will not leak any information until it's guaranteed.

To every IOTA member: keep working on Proof of Concepts, finding companies that might be interested and looking for meet-ups/events in your area. Also join our forum at http://forum.iotatoken.com where we'll shortly move over to permanently and leave BTT to the speculators.
Thanks. Smiley
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
March 10, 2016, 01:20:39 AM
Update: Dan (the UI dev) suddenly showed up again, I am guessing the mails did the trick, he claims he'll have it done by tomorrow night his time (EST). We'll see. I have 3 back-ups at this point, so no matter what it'll come soon.

Other good news: we're working on oracling which will allow IOTA to utilize smart contract platforms like Ethereum and Rootstock (a more comprehensive and exciting update about this will come soon).

There's also some rather big potential collaborations being established with companies that want to try out IOTA, but as usual I will not leak any information until it's guaranteed.

To every IOTA member: keep working on Proof of Concepts, finding companies that might be interested and looking for meet-ups/events in your area. Also join our forum at http://forum.iotatoken.com where we'll shortly move over to permanently and leave BTT to the speculators.
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
March 09, 2016, 10:53:08 PM
Is it time for Iota to have its own forum? Instead of everything residing in this thread.

http://forum.iotatoken.com/

Activity: 243
Merit: 250
March 09, 2016, 10:31:56 PM
Is it time for Iota to have its own forum? Instead of everything residing in this thread.
Activity: 567
Merit: 503
March 09, 2016, 08:11:39 PM
Its end of this month right?

The claiming period ends? Yes.

And the launch of the project?

Seems when it's done.

Like is there an approximately timeline? Would be nice Smiley

It doesn't matter as long as there will be no margin of error when the time comes.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
March 09, 2016, 07:45:46 PM

Seems when it's done.

Like is there an approximately timeline? Would be nice Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1151
Merit: 1003
March 09, 2016, 06:00:43 PM

Seems when it's done.
legendary
March 09, 2016, 05:59:01 PM

legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
March 09, 2016, 05:48:59 PM

legendary
March 09, 2016, 05:47:29 PM
legendary
Activity: 1540
March 09, 2016, 05:32:38 PM
(drinking fruit juices tonight)
Lol maybe this?  
Activity: 812
March 09, 2016, 05:21:31 PM
When is the launch and on which exchanges IOTA will be?

That's the 9 999 999 999 IOTA question.

(drinking fruit juices tonight)
legendary
March 09, 2016, 03:23:21 PM
When is the launch and on which exchanges IOTA will be?
Activity: 419
Merit: 250
March 08, 2016, 09:24:37 PM
While I understand the logic behind that reasoning it's not the best one, if people are going to hoard the tokens the ecosystem won't grow...

From the other point of view if price skyrocket you can get free media attention. Media attention brings you more deals and  ease to close old ones.

Yea but also creates this mental block in some people's head called 'loss aversion' where they will perceive selling at below market rate as a loss, even if they just gained 30x, which creates bottlenecks for getting new and needed people on board. The second a community becomes about price and speculation over growing the ecosystem it is dead. I have warned of this from day 1. I don't think it'll happen to IOTA, but I still feel compelled to keep reminding everyone

Speculation can be your friend. Those who are interested in more than short term gains could set up a IOTA-foundation or something, donate coins to it and sell some for fiat or BTC during the hype (if it happens) to keep reserves for development and marketing in case of a future bear market. Even beneficiary whales can't do much when the price is down. In hindsight that's what NXT should have done.

Sure is this aspect you may have a point, maybe in some instances.

I think overall his point, is that the point, is not speculation. If speculation was all we were worried about there would be no speculating of much.

Say that 3 times fast lol

Activity: 321
Merit: 252
March 08, 2016, 06:47:55 PM
While I understand the logic behind that reasoning it's not the best one, if people are going to hoard the tokens the ecosystem won't grow...

From the other point of view if price skyrocket you can get free media attention. Media attention brings you more deals and  ease to close old ones.

Yea but also creates this mental block in some people's head called 'loss aversion' where they will perceive selling at below market rate as a loss, even if they just gained 30x, which creates bottlenecks for getting new and needed people on board. The second a community becomes about price and speculation over growing the ecosystem it is dead. I have warned of this from day 1. I don't think it'll happen to IOTA, but I still feel compelled to keep reminding everyone

Speculation can be your friend. Those who are interested in more than short term gains could set up a IOTA-foundation or something, donate coins to it and sell some for fiat or BTC during the hype (if it happens) to keep reserves for development and marketing in case of a future bear market. Even beneficiary whales can't do much when the price is down. In hindsight that's what NXT should have done.
legendary
Activity: 1344
March 08, 2016, 05:07:00 PM
I see this sequence of steps: after beta move all discussion to forum.iotatoken.com.
Then, delete all the posts and threads about the price in forum.iotatoken.com and offer speculants to move to bitcointalk.
Thus you'll get focused on development community around forum.iotatoken.com Smiley
Jump to: