Author

Topic: IOTA - page 668. (Read 1473233 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500
February 26, 2016, 01:46:33 PM
To touch on what RLH is saying:

1. Yes we want to release a 'complete product' so to speak. And to be sure: the 'delays' are not really 'delays' (with exception of outsourced GUI team being unreliable), in this entire period we have optimized IOTA and tested it. So while it may look like there's been considerable delays, in reality there has not been.

2. IOTA was always IoT technology, where GUI is 100% insignificant, so those who make this a focal point of the discussion has completely misunderstood what they have purchased. The reason I repeat this ad nauseam is precisely because for IOTA to succeed we need people focusing on applying IOTA in the real world.

3. We've also held back the official blog until we were ready to launch, so that when everything is ready to go we can go right into the real world and leave this quicksand that is the typical crypto-speculative world behind entirely and only focus towards the real world.

4. There's a lot of exciting news on the horizon for IOTA that will be announced shortly.

5. Instead of sitting around waiting everyone should rather approach businesses, start-ups, meet-ups and events that might have use for the technology. We'll help you out with the required material.
rlh
Activity: 804
Merit: 1004
February 26, 2016, 01:25:16 PM
It's a shame, a lot of the stuff on ryver goes over my head and this thread has become a time-wasting liability instead of an asset to the community.

I think this is the odd (but good) state of where IOTA is today.  The truth is that the IOTA team wanted to announce this coin while most of it was complete but some details weren't finalized.  This has allowed for the evolving community to help participate in both forming IOTA and strengthening it at it's core before release.  This has also meant that there has been a lot of chat-style discussions, which are better suited for tools like Ryver.

Discussions have centered around brainstorming IOTA use-cases, technical discussions that have resulted in internal code changes and community building by networking those who are enthusiastic about IoT and where IOTA fits in the bigger picture.

The good news is that there is a robust "core" team of supporters who want to do something with IOTA and there are even a others who have offered their professional comments and critiques of certain design choices.  This has helped IOTA mature before the public beta release and helps assure an as smooth as possible release.

I have confidence in this project.  Not because I know of the people who are developing this coin but because it has huge support from many people who provide different skill sets and development details are pretty open and available.

If you invested in this coin on a whim, I can understand your skiddish feelings if all you do is skim this topic on BTT.  It's devolved into conversations about speculative prices and late-comers wondering how to get some IOTA.  I admit that the community isn't optimally "advertising" what's going on but in the long run that won't matter.  Once IOTA reaches beta, I fully expect their to be a steady trickle of announcements from the developers, non-insiders releasing new projects that are built to work with IOTA and other typical discussions of people requesting help with client setup and config.

All that to say, hold tight.  All signs are showing that good things are coming and that the beta release should be a significant success.
Activity: 179
Merit: 100
February 26, 2016, 12:29:59 PM
If you were lucky enough to invest then be grateful, if you are trying to invest then be gracious.

In either case this thread has nothing to do with investment, it's about the project, there is a separate thread for speculation as everyone else has already said!

It's a shame, a lot of the stuff on ryver goes over my head and this thread has become a time-wasting liability instead of an asset to the community.

I vote for heavy moderation here and leave the speculation thread unmoderated personally.

No one likes wasting their time reading repetitive rubbish.

Just my 2 iotas
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000
February 25, 2016, 07:01:19 PM
Probably could've found this out by going back a couple of pages, but is IOTA running yet?

The last thing I heard that this week is open beta.
Activity: 517
Merit: 500
aka alaniz
February 25, 2016, 06:59:59 PM
Probably could've found this out by going back a couple of pages, but is IOTA running yet?
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
February 25, 2016, 06:23:29 PM
I'm with @child_harold. I too bought in but speculation should be in the speculation thread.
Activity: 812
February 25, 2016, 04:52:36 PM
Would all the craven squabbling goblins STFU about the fucking fuck price already?

HOLY CRAP if I read one more goddamn post about some crazy deal where people are dealing IOTA on a wing and a fucking prayer I'll…

If Satoshi came back and saw what's going on in his name, he'd never stop throwing up.*

Stay in your speculation threads… please

Last several posts look as a dialogue from the beginning of The Hateful Eight...

Doesn't end well.

* http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091167/quotes?item=qt0365559

Sorry for you, that you have missed the crowdsale  Wink

Nxt time probably  Smiley

80% of the people commenting in this thread post-crowdsale are just sour they missed it.

Umm… I bought in the pre-sale

I'm not trying to sell the password to my genesis block address…
Nor am I speculating ad nauseam.

Go figure.
Activity: 224
February 25, 2016, 04:41:53 PM
Would all the craven squabbling goblins STFU about the fucking fuck price already?

HOLY CRAP if I read one more goddamn post about some crazy deal where people are dealing IOTA on a wing and a fucking prayer I'll…

If Satoshi came back and saw what's going on in his name, he'd never stop throwing up.*

Last several posts look as a dialogue from the beginning of The Hateful Eight...

Doesn't end well.

Sorry for you, that you have missed the crowdsale  Wink

Nxt time probably  Smiley

80% of the people commenting in this thread post-crowdsale are just sour they missed it.
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
February 25, 2016, 04:35:51 PM

Doesn't end well.

Sorry for you, that you have missed the crowdsale  Wink

Nxt time probably  Smiley
Activity: 812
February 25, 2016, 04:14:54 PM

Doesn't end well.

Activity: 39
Merit: 0
February 25, 2016, 02:07:46 PM

that's not the latest, i want to know my share (i had to message cfb to get my share)
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070
February 25, 2016, 01:06:37 PM
The demand is so high so that your price is not realistic at the moment. Currently, the prices are around 5 to 10k IOTA for 0.1 BTC

I prefer that price

At presale
1 btc
Buy

So my price is fair

Actually the new current offers are around 1 Iota = 1 Nxt. So around .000018-19
tyz
legendary
Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533
February 25, 2016, 01:02:07 PM
The demand is so high so that your price is not realistic at the moment. Currently, the prices are around 5 to 10k IOTA for 0.1 BTC

I prefer that price

At presale
1 btc
Buy

So my price is fair
Activity: 560
Merit: 501
February 25, 2016, 12:54:25 PM
Because of lot of delay

I buy 100.000 iota for 0.30 btc

Let me know

I will pray the 7 gods, they may help you to buy at this price in the short-term. Summer is comming.
legendary
Activity: 1540
February 25, 2016, 11:46:32 AM
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
February 25, 2016, 11:08:42 AM
can i see the latest list of iota distribution somewhere?
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
February 25, 2016, 10:24:12 AM

I am not sure it has been talked about but can investors still claim their IOTAs and where can we find a list of BTC/IOTA addresses ?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.13628833

Send me your Iota address signed with BTC address to claim the iotas.
legendary
Merit: 1131
February 25, 2016, 10:06:26 AM

I am not sure it has been talked about but can investors still claim their IOTAs and where can we find a list of BTC/IOTA addresses ?
February 25, 2016, 09:36:21 AM
Because of lot of delay

I buy 100.000 iota for 0.30 btc

Let me know

I love crazy people. I can only assume you are also buying Bitcoin for $40
legendary
Merit: 1009
February 25, 2016, 08:52:15 AM
Jump to: