Pages:
Author

Topic: IOTA Crowdsale - page 24. (Read 182684 times)

legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
February 03, 2016, 10:25:55 AM
+1440
if you need more time for improved, i am ok, i am patient!!  Cool Cool

No, let's do beta-testing.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
February 03, 2016, 10:25:09 AM
Today I have found how to do a tangle traversal faster, it required to change transaction creation logic a little, but the most interesting thing is that it pushed optimization limit even further. This raises a philosophical question: when is it the right moment to stop optimizations and to do the release? It was like the 3rd time when I thought that no more optimization was possible, but few days later managed to squeeze more performance. What if Stanislaw Lem was right and infinite big program can run without a computer at all...  Cool
+1440
if you need more time for improved, i am ok, i am patient!!  Cool Cool
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
February 03, 2016, 09:41:25 AM
Today I have found how to do a tangle traversal faster, it required to change transaction creation logic a little, but the most interesting thing is that it pushed optimization limit even further. This raises a philosophical question: when is it the right moment to stop optimizations and to do the release? It was like the 3rd time when I thought that no more optimization was possible, but few days later managed to squeeze more performance. What if Stanislaw Lem was right and infinite big program can run without a computer at all...  Cool
legendary
Activity: 1344
February 03, 2016, 07:03:23 AM
When final
These coin will be out???.

Public beta with GUI planned this weekend.
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004
February 03, 2016, 05:34:14 AM
When final
These coin will be out???.
Activity: 840
Merit: 500
February 02, 2016, 06:36:53 PM
In the whole 'It's difficult to claim' discussion i only have one thing to say. PAY ATTENTION!! You 'invested' (gave money) to a fast developing alpha-stage crypto project. If you are too damn lazy to keep up with even the forum and don't claim your 'coin' for a month, you forfeit your right to complain.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004
February 02, 2016, 05:08:58 PM
Thanks a lot for explanation. Everyone has his own viewpoint, I understood yours, hopefully you understood mine.

This was not meant to be an "ad hominem" at all, moreover a "pathetic" one Smiley
Anyway, as the relevancy and importance of this topic are long gone, lets discuss more interesting ones...

What is the main forum topic for IOTA? This one, or the https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1216479.1600? Are you going to one a fresh one as soon as the main-net is released?

I would assume that both this thread and the main IOTA thread will be updated once the Beta UI client is released (this upcoming weekend, I believe).  If you do have issues, I would highly recommend joining Ryver as the support is very good there and multiple people are willing to help.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1073
February 02, 2016, 05:04:46 PM
the collect.iota site says the above, but there is no form below with "Send", just the form for NXT purchases. Also I cant find the client to run it

The procedure on the collect.iota.com is bogus currently, you have to contact developers.

@iotatoken: this is exactly what I have told you - the procedure on the site is/was misleading and confusing. And you did not update it even though I sent you a corrected version and updated version as I was asked by CfB, and you promised to update it. All this is irrelevant currently, but the "aftertaste" of this attitude remains (to me at least). That is the reason I will not connect to your Ryver - its not interesting to deal with people who listen only themselves. Not that you care of me connecting to your Ryver.., but I have to tell this.

Don't get me wrong, I still like this project, and respect you... Maybe that is reason I tell this, not just silently sit here. Hope this behaviour is not inherent, and you'll listen more to the community members, even if those will not be me.

And I responded to your request at the time. There is no 'attitude', except 'attitude' of getting things done. We decided that since we were ready in terms of back-end, that we should start genesis and initial testing, at which point the automated collection process no longer works. If someone hasn't collected their IOTA within the first month I doubt they will complain about having to do one additional step to get their iotas. I also assume that 99% would prefer for us to get the testing and IOTA launched ASAP more than wait another 60 days for testing to commence just to have the automated collection part on the website for the minority left that hasn't collected. In addition to this I very much doubt that anyone really got a big problem with reaching out to either me or CfB, as we are pretty much available every single day, most hours of the day and night.

The website will be updated shortly to include this bit of info, it wasn't already due to server maintenance issue and SSH key being on other laptop that is only accessed when needed ( for safety concerns ).

You are entirely entitled to do whatever you wish, if you don't want to join the Ryver and actively partake in the IOTA core, that's fine, no one is forcing you. As for your comment "people who only listen to themselves", that is just a rather pathetic ad hominem. We listen to everyone, but we can't give in to every single request from every single person, we got to keep the WHOLE of IOTA in mind.

Thanks a lot for explanation. Everyone has his own viewpoint, I understood yours, hopefully you understood mine.
This was not meant to be an "ad hominem" at all, moreover a "pathetic" one Smiley

Thank you Tobo and other guys for understanding; thanks to a newbie guy for your... ehm... lets call it "valuable" advice. I suppose such a deep insight comes from the level of your understanding of the topic. I noticed newbies on this forum tend to be the most "advanced" and "smart" ones somehow Roll Eyes. BCT is lucky, rare forums have such wonderful newbies Grin

Anyway, as the relevancy and importance of this topic are long gone, lets discuss more interesting ones...

What is the main forum topic for IOTA? This one, or the https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1216479.1600? Are you going to one a fresh one as soon as the main-net is released? Or.. I have to connect to Ryver..?  Wink
Activity: 179
Merit: 100
February 02, 2016, 04:57:52 PM

And I responded to your request at the time. There is no 'attitude', except 'attitude' of getting things done. We decided that since we were ready in terms of back-end, that we should start genesis and initial testing, at which point the automated collection process no longer works. If someone hasn't collected their IOTA within the first month I doubt they will complain about having to do one additional step to get their iotas. I also assume that 99% would prefer for us to get the testing and IOTA launched ASAP more than wait another 60 days for testing to commence just to have the automated collection part on the website for the minority left that hasn't collected. In addition to this I very much doubt that anyone really got a big problem with reaching out to either me or CfB, as we are pretty much available every single day, most hours of the day and night.

The website will be updated shortly to include this bit of info, it wasn't already due to server maintenance issue and SSH key being on other laptop that is only accessed when needed ( for safety concerns ).

You are entirely entitled to do whatever you wish, if you don't want to join the Ryver and actively partake in the IOTA core, that's fine, no one is forcing you. As for your comment "people who only listen to themselves", that is just a rather pathetic ad hominem. We listen to everyone, but we can't give in to every single request from every single person, we got to keep the WHOLE of IOTA in mind.

Yes, the complaint may have a very small point, but it's rather weak when viewed in context. Of course we would all much rather you eggheads used your smarts with the actual work and testing rather than procrastinate and perfect a one-off collection process for 300 people. No one can even use their coins yet so who cares about collection really at this point?! It's so minor it's not worth bringing up or distracting the devs with imo.

On another note, ty for all your hard work to the devs. Really appreciate being allowed to participate in this and having the chance to leech off your genius Smiley
Activity: 382
Merit: 250
Iota and JINN
February 02, 2016, 03:07:13 PM
I think , that's developing of the collect.iota site - is the last thing about must thinking our IOTA developers.
Activity: 714
February 02, 2016, 08:12:50 AM
the collect.iota site says the above, but there is no form below with "Send", just the form for NXT purchases. Also I cant find the client to run it

The procedure on the collect.iota.com is bogus currently, you have to contact developers.

@iotatoken: this is exactly what I have told you - the procedure on the site is/was misleading and confusing. And you did not update it even though I sent you a corrected version and updated version as I was asked by CfB, and you promised to update it. All this is irrelevant currently, but the "aftertaste" of this attitude remains (to me at least). That is the reason I will not connect to your Ryver - its not interesting to deal with people who listen only themselves. Not that you care of me connecting to your Ryver.., but I have to tell this.

Don't get me wrong, I still like this project, and respect you... Maybe that is reason I tell this, not just silently sit here. Hope this behaviour is not inherent, and you'll listen more to the community members, even if those will not be me.

Activity: 225
February 01, 2016, 05:50:46 PM
If you think IOTA price will rise above what you can get it for on the NXT AE (I wouldn't be surprised) and you feel you can trust those offering the swap, then buy some.

I took part of the crowdsale and I'm buying more before price explodes. Once hardware is in place, IOTA will be worth $100 mil+

Whatever dude

You wanna change the future?

Step 1: Fuck money

It's the Satoshi way
Activity: 840
February 01, 2016, 02:09:22 PM
If you think IOTA price will rise above what you can get it for on the NXT AE (I wouldn't be surprised) and you feel you can trust those offering the swap, then buy some.

I took part of the crowdsale and I'm buying more before price explodes. Once hardware is in place, IOTA will be worth $100 mil+
Activity: 360
Token
February 01, 2016, 12:14:27 PM
copper member
Activity: 37
Merit: 23
February 01, 2016, 05:47:38 AM

Sorry man but I think you should get another hobby, one that doesn't require any selfstudy, or drive to learn something.
Stop this nonsence please.

I thought all of his corrections made sense. Most of the iota members claimed their iotas already so the site is not extremely important right now, but the site should be updated with new instructions to contact cfb, no?

Anyway, if you keep bashing you'll drive away a potential iota users. We want users!

I understand we need users, and imput is good. But when strong words as 'misleading' are used, regarding a perfectly understandable form, I feel the need to comment. Perhaps I was a bit harsh...

Activity: 382
Iota and JINN
February 01, 2016, 11:10:32 AM
Hi there!

Can anybody explain me -any profit to buy IOTA now on AE or to wait a little and buy on Poloniex.com ?

Thanks for help,

Cheers
copper member
Activity: 37
Merit: 23
February 01, 2016, 04:12:08 AM

Sorry man but I think you should get another hobby, one that doesn't require any selfstudy, or drive to learn something.
Stop this nonsence please.
legendary
Activity: 1540
February 01, 2016, 09:57:41 AM
the site should be updated with new instructions to contact cfb, no?
It definitely should. I don't know how anyone can argue otherwise.

I think you can PM him or post to his attention here. Everyone can PM iotatoken or yassin54 with his/her email address for the invitation for Ryver.
everybody, You are welcome, just sent Mp with your email!!  Wink
Activity: 763
February 01, 2016, 09:07:26 AM

I think you can PM him or post to his attention here. Everyone can PM iotatoken or yassin54 with his/her email address for the invitation for Ryver.
Activity: 131
February 01, 2016, 08:27:56 AM

EDIT: That being said, I can understand why it is not a priority. Someone who has invested will somehow finally figure out things as it is to his own benefit. What is more important is the beta testing and the subsequent mainnet release. Plus, most IOTA investors have collected already and for those that still haven't, it probably serves them right to run around a bit to collect them Tongue
Pages:
Jump to: