Pages:
Author

Topic: IOTA is the next big thing - page 40. (Read 45394 times)

Activity: 73
Merit: 0
March 12, 2018, 08:12:58 PM
So are the security issues valid? I've been getting some conflicting opinions regarding the matter. I do like the idea of a completely different type of technology carrying out the same tasks but faster.
Activity: 686
Merit: 101
March 12, 2018, 07:33:07 PM
I think the possibility of IOTA in our lives in the future is considerably high. The market is in a difficult process. There may have been a good opportunity to make a purchase. I need to observe Bitcoin well.
Activity: 387
Merit: 250
Presale is live!
March 12, 2018, 12:18:13 PM
Yup, been invested in this coin for some time now. Already tripled my initial investment. Plus the market it is targeting is huge. The best thing about IOTA is that the more it is used the stronger and faster it becomes. I see this coin in the top 5 in an year.
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036
Facts are more efficient than fud
March 12, 2018, 12:13:47 PM

Harm van den Brink added to the IOTA Foundation: https://blog.iota.org/welcome-harm-van-den-brink-to-the-iota-foundation-41295c7f0ccf

Harm van den Brink is an entrepreneur and always looking for practical and useful implementations of new and disruptive ideas. He has a master’s degree in Information Science from the Radboud University Nijmegen and has a professional background in energy, e-mobility and cybersecurity. In the last few years he has been working for Enexis (Dutch grid operator) and ElaadNL (a foundation focused on e-mobility).

In his role as IT Architect Smart Grids and Electric Vehicles, Van den Brink gained a lot of knowledge about the energy and electric mobility domain. Combining this knowledge with his expertise in IT allows him to build the energy (eco)system of the future.

Van den Brink is known for building the IOTA charge station, a proof of concept of a charger for electric vehicles running fully on IOTA, and IOTA only.

Activity: 364
Merit: 102
March 11, 2018, 07:41:26 AM
I'm bearish in short time (probably until September or all 2018), but damn bullish on the long run.

Some project that we are going to see in 2018/19

1 - Brand new wallet made by UCL/University coming soon
2 - Coordinator will be open-source
3 - "Q" project, one of the biggest things to occur to the IOTA project
4 - Smart contracts (based on Oracle probably)
5 - More exchange listing
6 - Data marketplace
7 - Even more partnerships with companies that will fasten and secure the Tangle for us users
8 - Many personal projects being developed by independent programmers from the community
9 - Institutional money from traditional markets/funds will be invested in cryptocurrencies

Today's price will seem a bargain soon. Great time to buy.

legendary
March 11, 2018, 07:25:53 AM

The DataMarketPlace has grown from 31 to 55 participants in five months: https://medium.com/@goelz83/data-marketplace-growth-20e0cf52509a
Activity: 44
legendary
March 09, 2018, 02:19:31 PM

Ralf Rottmann added to IOTA Foundation: https://blog.iota.org/welcome-ralf-rottmann-to-the-iota-foundation-157c86011438

Ralf Rottmann is a serial entrepreneur who sold his last company to Alcatel-Lucent and now serves as the Managing Partner at grandcentrix which he co-founded.

Incorporated in 2009, grandcentrix has become Germany’s largest system integrator focussing entirely on large scale Internet of Things and Smart Products development. At grandcentrix, Ralf has built an engineering organization with more than 150 full-time experts covering Ideation and User Experience Design, Electronic- and Embedded Development, Cyber Physical Systems Security, IoT Platform Development, System Integration, Frontend-Development and carrier-grade 24x7 operation.

Ralf will join the IOTA Foundation as a member on the Board of Directors

Activity: 756
Merit: 104
March 08, 2018, 06:14:07 PM
I can invest in IOTA. I will not be in a hurry for now. But one of the projects I think will come in good prices in the future is IOTA. After the deal with Bosch I expected a rapid increase in price. The king did not allow it!
legendary
March 08, 2018, 01:06:50 PM
Ivan on Tech discussing IOTA's bid for creating Swedish e-currency: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sE-Oe4HGxzo
legendary
March 05, 2018, 10:21:03 PM
You all have got to be kidding me. The next big thing? More like the worst coin that is out there on the market currently. It has all of the following but probably more problems

A) When sending transactions they go from confirmed back to unconfirmed, how is that even possible Roll Eyes ?
B) They rolled their own crypto, ie leaving a backdoor flaw which is inherently stupid
C) You have to keep clicking "attach" on the "wallet" in order to see your balance. (small chance of losing your balance out right, + I say "wallet" because its a piece and literally functions like it)
D) Best of all you get to create your own private key! (not like that is a huge security flaw or anything)

But yeah this is the "next big thing"  Huh. Smh I weep for crypto if this it the next big things guys!

A. That's not true--tx aren't confirmed until they're confirmed (seriously, how else would it work?).
B. AFAIK, there is no hash designed for ternary, so they had to roll their own.
C. That's a usability issue easily solved with new wallets to be released in the coming weeks.
D. That's only a security issue if you go to an online seed generator and trust them to create your key--no different than asking a guy on the street to create your house key and expecting never to get robbed--also, easily fixed in the new wallet

Anymore BS I need to correct?
Activity: 252
Decentralized Ecosystem for User-Generated Content
March 05, 2018, 09:39:20 PM
You all have got to be kidding me. The next big thing? More like the worst coin that is out there on the market currently. It has all of the following but probably more problems

A) When sending transactions they go from confirmed back to unconfirmed, how is that even possible Roll Eyes ?
B) They rolled their own crypto, ie leaving a backdoor flaw which is inherently stupid
C) You have to keep clicking "attach" on the "wallet" in order to see your balance. (small chance of losing your balance out right, + I say "wallet" because its a piece and literally functions like it)
D) Best of all you get to create your own private key! (not like that is a huge security flaw or anything)

But yeah this is the "next big thing"  Huh. Smh I weep for crypto if this it the next big things guys!
Activity: 69
March 05, 2018, 06:12:01 PM
IOTA has no fees at all. No transaction limit, because of the way it's setup, you process your transaction and the one before you (each transaction is a miniature block). This means that the more transations, the faster it goes (the difference in time b/t the 2 transactions is smaller)
Activity: 756
March 05, 2018, 12:13:07 PM
IOTA may be much more in our lives in the future. I like project goals. But they have to continue to work hard to realize it. It is not easy to accomplish great things.
Activity: 38
March 05, 2018, 11:46:46 AM
IOTA has its own unique way of implementing decentralization. I think that is a good sign of stability.  Grin
Activity: 99
Merit: 10
March 05, 2018, 11:03:15 AM
IOTA coin is not based on blockchain technology. It is based on a revolutionary new technology known as the directed acyclic graph technology. In essence, by investing in IOTA, you can be sure that you are putting your money into next-generation technology that will remain standing once blockchain becomes obsolete.
Activity: 59
Merit: 11
March 05, 2018, 10:59:11 AM
IOTA coin is doing quite well in this direction. If Microsoft increase, you can expect the value of IOTA currency to grow. This makes it one of the best cryptocurrencies a person can invest in, for long term value growth.
Activity: 493
Merit: 250
IDENA.IO - Proof-Of-Person Blockchain
March 05, 2018, 10:27:59 AM
IOTA with the Internet of the things certainly is one of the best coins in the world. its transaction speed is so quickly and its free is also so low. Therefore, I believe that it has a good future.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003
twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96
March 05, 2018, 09:53:12 AM
As for me IOTA is one of the strongest coins now. This coin was created not for speculation but in order to make people's lives better. And this is the main reason that this coin can be very popular in the society. I'm glad that there are such projects in crypto.
Activity: 140
March 05, 2018, 08:14:29 AM
I will agree with you in terms of next big things bcoz it was developed to be the next big thing in crypto. Machine to machine strategy is a new way of business to promote an easy and reliable use.
Pages:
Jump to: