Pages:
Author

Topic: IOTA - Thousands of Wallets Compromised and Funds Stolen - page 2. (Read 2618 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 103
Btw. I don't call people in general stupid.. It's just you I'm calling stupid because you have proven your stupidity with this thread.
That's fine. Says more about you than you could do in any other way. Welcome on my banlist, fanboy  Cheesy
copper member
Activity: 336
Merit: 258
Do you need a campaign manager? PM me.
I was think to by some IOTA at that time. I am really lucky in this situation.
Also this bad news directly affect the price of IOTA. Maybe right now is much better time to invest.

I hardly believe that the price dropped because someone stole the coins from others. If you have not noticed, just about all coins have a price decline, so it can not be due to IOTA itself.
In addition, you would have lost your coins only if you had left the creation of your seeds to a third party.
Activity: 103
Merit: 11
Maybe the design flaw is your stupidity? The iota wallet and network however are secure. You can't blame iota if you disclose your private key
What is actually your contribution to this whole issue? Other than calling people stupid? Crawl back in that hole you came from, fanboy, if you have nothing to contribute.

My contribution is to correct your claims because most of them are simply not true. If someone asks you for a proof to your claim you only tell them they should open their eyes or they are fanboys.

Btw. I don't call people in general stupid.. It's just you I'm calling stupid because you have proven your stupidity with this thread.
Activity: 238
Merit: 105
I was think to by some IOTA at that time. I am really lucky in this situation.
Also this bad news directly affect the price of IOTA. Maybe right now is much better time to invest.
Maybe the design flaw is your stupidity? The iota wallet and network however are secure. You can't blame iota if you disclose your private key
What is actually your contribution to this whole issue? Other than calling people stupid? Crawl back in that hole you came from, fanboy, if you have nothing to contribute.
Activity: 126
Merit: 10
DOGE:DDvXm3ZkXSFeZF9YVaTWGNyBZzfwVf8nnh
I've tested the new wallet/network. It certainly is a significantly improvement from the previous one, and the servers (many choices to select from now) are working a lot smoother than the old one that the old wallet was linked to. You can either run a partial node or a full node (if you want quicker transaction). There are also options to reattach and promote your transactions if the previous one seem to be stuck!

Transaction is still slow, but that is due to the nature of Tangle's approval/confirmation mechanism. The more people uses it, the quicker the transactions can get confirmed and approved.

Need to realize that IOTA is a very different system compared to the other more standard blockchain technologies (that have been perfected over time; e.g. LiteCoin, BitCoin Cash, or the soon to be implemented Lightning Network) -- and have different problems to solve, but it is certainly still a pretty innovative idea. Was considering yesterday if I should convert my IOTA to other coins, but after trying out their new wallet and network performance, I think I will HODL for now as one of my minor alt-coin investments. Cheesy

---

Also see earlier post:
WHERE DID MY IOTA GO? Using Wallet Version 2.5.0!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86f42GEosHU

Also, if you don't have to reclaim your coin due to the reasons mentioned in the blog above, you can simply retrieve it in the new wallet.
Just need to create and attach new addresses, and the funds will appear. May need to create several to reflect all your previous transactions in your wallet.

Last but not least, if you worry that you see is compromised, simply transfer it to an address on a new seed. Wink
Transaction is "free" on IOTA.
WHERE DID MY IOTA GO? Using Wallet Version 2.5.0!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86f42GEosHU

Also, if you don't have to reclaim your coin due to the reasons mentioned in the blog above, you can simply retrieve it in the new wallet.
Just need to create and attach new addresses, and the funds will appear. May need to create several to reflect all your previous transactions in your wallet.

Last but not least, if you worry that you see is compromised, simply transfer it to an address on a new seed. Wink
Transaction is "free" on IOTA.
Also, the way IOTA seed is designed is that it doesn't necessary have to be from any random generator, be it from the wallet or online, or etc.

Just make up an 81 characters consisting of capital letters and the number 9, and that is all about it.

Also please read this on how to reclaim your Mi with the new wallet released. Your coins are probably not stolen.
I have just reclaimed mine into the new wallet, and transferred from the old seed to the new.
https://blog.iota.org/gui-wallet-phase-two-of-the-reclaim-process-f5913109cf46

GUI Wallet: Phase Two of the Reclaim process
Two weeks ago we released an update to our GUI wallet so that users could begin with the reclaim process. The reclaim process was necessary for all users whose tokens were moved to an IOTA Foundation owned address as part of precautionary measures.
Today, we are releasing a new wallet containing the functionality for the second phase of reclaim process. As part of this process, you’ll publish a PGP encrypted message containing your old seed to the tangle which we’ll then use to verify & send you your tokens.
If your tokens were moved to the IF as part of one of the following events, you are eligible for recovery:
Activity: 63
Merit: 5
This is a bad news for all of us here. It is just the lust of other people to make easy earnings from the hardship of others.  Angry
Also please read this on how to reclaim your Mi with the new wallet released.
https://blog.iota.org/gui-wallet-phase-two-of-the-reclaim-process-f5913109cf46

GUI Wallet: Phase Two of the Reclaim process
Two weeks ago we released an update to our GUI wallet so that users could begin with the reclaim process. The reclaim process was necessary for all users whose tokens were moved to an IOTA Foundation owned address as part of precautionary measures.
Today, we are releasing a new wallet containing the functionality for the second phase of reclaim process. As part of this process, you’ll publish a PGP encrypted message containing your old seed to the tangle which we’ll then use to verify & send you your tokens.
If your tokens were moved to the IF as part of one of the following events, you are eligible for recovery:
Activity: 103
Merit: 11
But information security elements such as a simple password protection of your wallet were and are still completely ignored.

The IOTA Wallet is protected with an 81 character long password. Is that not enough for you?
That is not a password, it is your private key. But nice that you mentioned it, proves only that you guys are not aware of the design flaws and immanent danger to lose all your money.

But information security elements such as a simple password protection of your wallet were and are still completely ignored.

The IOTA Wallet is protected with an 81 character long password. Is that not enough for you?
That is not a password, it is your private key. But nice that you mentioned it, proves only that you guys are not aware of the design flaws and immanent danger to lose all your money.
Activity: 267
Merit: 6
Crypto Worker
The crypto money I earned so far and lost the most.
Activity: 73
Merit: 13

IOTA have addressed this recently.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Iota/comments/7rmc55/psa_do_not_use_online_seed_generators/

PSA: DO NOT USE ONLINE SEED GENERATORS
self.Iota
submitted 18 days ago * by myhrmans
M
Lately we’ve been getting a lot of reports regarding people losing/missing their IOTA and people having outgoing transactions not done by them. These seeds were generated online using unofficial websites. IOTA has no official website to generate a seed.
NEVER USE AN ONLINE SEED GENERATOR!
If you see ads on websites promoting a seed generator, these are not done by the foundation. So even if they might seem real to the looks they are not. We cannot say this enough… never use an online seed generator.
If you know that you have generated your seed online... on any website, please move your iotas to a new seed as soon as possible.
Here are three methods to safely generate a seed: https://helloiota.com/generate-seed.html
Here is also a guide provided by /u/onehitwonderos/ how to create a bootable USB with the OS Tails and install the IOTA wallet on it: https://medium.com/@onehitwonder/creating-a-safe-environment-for-your-iota-wallet-and-seed-1fe5a563addb
Also, if you would like to check on your balance but are unable to log into your wallet for whatever reason (or do not trust the balance your wallet is showing you) you can check all of your addresses on https://thetangle.org/ or on the Tangle Explorer in the sidebar and add them up. If you do not keep track of your addresses, your withdrawal history from whatever exchange you bought from should have them.
IOTA is just some kind of study they released into the wild without thinking it through. Technology wise it is certainly interesting. But information security elements such as a simple password protection of your wallet were and are still completely ignored.

See it as a development project in its early stages. Nobody should put any money in this, unless you wrote it down already and want to make someone else happy.

IOTA is a black hole. Simply as that and as proven multiple times in the short history of this project.
Activity: 714
Merit: 104
I think one of the reason of price falling its every week hacks.
Crypto currencies black side this
Activity: 275
Merit: 101
Can someone tell me if you invest in iota, who are their competitors?  Also if you own a coin that is a rival against iota, is that bad idea since there is conflict of interest or that is no problem. 

I think there is no problem investing in 2 Companys. You cannot compare the tangle with a teechnology like a blckchain its not the same so you can invest in the competitors too.

Thats my second choice for IOT

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/streamr-datacoin/
Activity: 1736
Merit: 186
Can someone tell me if you invest in iota, who are their competitors?  Also if you own a coin that is a rival against iota, is that bad idea since there is conflict of interest or that is no problem. 
Activity: 275
Merit: 101
I think IOTA is one of the best and most innovative concept in the whole crypto-world. It has been the actual first one to try to overcome blockchain technology. Unfortunately the execution of this project has been very bad so far. I never invested in such shit and never will...

I dont know where u live or who you are but the aprx Rendite in 7 Month is more than I ever expected till 2018. I bought at 20 - 40 Cent MAN ... I am so afraid that u bought when the CAT was out of the hat.

U must understand that the technologie is in its childhood, not in his grand years like BTC or ETH.

I think u are 1 of those people who cry because u bought on top. I am sorry for you but you spray FUD here!

When u can use google u will see what IOTA does and how active they are. I will not post any links to theyr project because everyone should find it with a little bit googleing. So many people talking about the tangle ....

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=IOTA+tangle+projects
Pages:
Jump to: