Pages:
Author

Topic: Iran and Russia want to issue new stablecoin backed by gold - page 2. (Read 994 times)

Activity: 478
Merit: 100
Gold of course is the most trusted commodity in the world, when there is an economic problem between countries, the best solution is to use Gold, it is natural that many countries including Iran and Russia plans to use Gold for the basis of money so that anyone will be optimistic about the plan.
I also feel so optimistic about this, Actually I am so grateful that more country embrace cryptocurrency. i remember in the past there are more country against cryptocurrency than country who embrace it. I think we should appreciate every country or company which even only have plan to use blockchain technology and cryptocurrency.
Activity: 2338
Merit: 757
It does not require super intelligence to read history and deduce the course of events. But I remain shocked when I meet some who live in a state of complete denial of the facts and refuse even to change the angle of analysis.
Recently, I was in a discussion in the French board with some members there who do not even admit that France is a colonial country and that it had (and still does) own colonies in Africa and that it bears a large part of the crises of those countries. I was shocked that I found some convinced that France was spreading civilization and the principles of freedom, and at the same time they do not have an explanation for why more than a million and a half Algerians were killed during the war of liberation only (1962), in addition to millions who were killed in colonialism that continued for more than a century (1830-1962).
It's the worst when they deny facts.
In the end it doesn't matter what people say though, specially those living far away who can't even point to your country on the map. The only thing that matters is the strength you have and most importantly rulers who know what to do.

If Africa were strong, they would have never been colonized in first place. The only good news is that it is starting to change. We have seen multiple African countries kicking the Western Colonizers including French ones out of their country. The latest one was Niger that was providing gold and uranium of France practically for free.

Another good example is Ukraine. I have seen many Ukrainians saying if they hadn't been fooled into being disarmed this war would have never happened, that's what unwise rulers do to a country. See the picture I posted below, this is the saddest thing I saw. It shows the remainders of some of the missiles Russia used in Ukraine. They claim these missiles used to belong to Ukraine but were given to Russia back when US+NATO+Russia fooled Ukraine into disarming. The worst part is that Ukrainian people celebrated the day they were disarmed.
And when I say disarmed I don't mean giving up nukes, they gave up all their military strength on multiple occasions. To this day Ukraine is not allowed to manufacture anything medium or long range, like missiles that can fly more than 100 to 300 km!
About Africa, most of the countries on this continent have been systematically impoverished for centuries. And France is one of the most important actors in what happened and is happening to the Africans, which even after ending direct colonialism (militarily) installed rulers loyal to it to ensure that it obtained the capabilities of those countries in exchange for providing some protection for the corrupt in those countries. I am very happy to see changes taking place in some African countries. At least this is enough to convince the people of those colonial countries that their governments establish civilization on the bodies of slaves in the colonies and from the resources of other countries whose people die of starvation.
About Ukraine, Russia has always considered it part of Russian territory, and there is almost no escape from this war, whether NATO supports it or not. Ukraine's biggest mistake is the dismantling of its military system, including advanced nuclear weapons. for what? This was in exchange for nothing but the approval of the major international powers. Today Belarus gets nuclear missile platforms for free from Russia, while Ukraine begs countries to secure itself at least partially.
legendary
Activity: 3710
Merit: 1756
In the end it doesn't matter what people say though, specially those living far away who can't even point to your country on the map. The only thing that matters is the strength you have and most importantly rulers who know what to do.

If Africa were strong, they would have never been colonized in first place. The only good news is that it is starting to change. We have seen multiple African countries kicking the Western Colonizers including French ones out of their country. The latest one was Niger that was providing gold and uranium of France practically for free.

Another good example is Ukraine. I have seen many Ukrainians saying if they hadn't been fooled into being disarmed this war would have never happened, that's what unwise rulers do to a country. See the picture I posted below, this is the saddest thing I saw. It shows the remainders of some of the missiles Russia used in Ukraine. They claim these missiles used to belong to Ukraine but were given to Russia back when US+NATO+Russia fooled Ukraine into disarming. The worst part is that Ukrainian people celebrated the day they were disarmed.
And when I say disarmed I don't mean giving up nukes, they gave up all their military strength on multiple occasions. To this day Ukraine is not allowed to manufacture anything medium or long range, like missiles that can fly more than 100 to 300 km!

I applaud! That's a great answer! Seriously !

This is the best proof that having any business or arrangement with Russia is less valuable than a piece of shit !

Russia will always lie and cheat.

By the way - why didn't you attach to these photos a link to the signed Budapest Memorandum, which spells out the terms on the basis of which it gave Russia its nuclear arsenal, at that time the THIRD in the world, after the U.S. and Russia.

The reasons why russia was given these missiles, and many other weapons, is the "work" of the pro-Russian corrupt Ukrainian government, when they paid with it for gas and other personal preferences.

By the way, you really habitually lied here, making up the story about "US-NATO-Russia disarmed Ukraine" but I am not surprised, I know your usual behavior Smiley

That is why in 2013/2014 the people of Ukraine came out to protest against Yanukovych - another "Putin's lap dog". Which was one of the key reasons for the Russian invasion of Ukraine....
legendary
Activity: 3430
Merit: 10504
It does not require super intelligence to read history and deduce the course of events. But I remain shocked when I meet some who live in a state of complete denial of the facts and refuse even to change the angle of analysis.
Recently, I was in a discussion in the French board with some members there who do not even admit that France is a colonial country and that it had (and still does) own colonies in Africa and that it bears a large part of the crises of those countries. I was shocked that I found some convinced that France was spreading civilization and the principles of freedom, and at the same time they do not have an explanation for why more than a million and a half Algerians were killed during the war of liberation only (1962), in addition to millions who were killed in colonialism that continued for more than a century (1830-1962).

Activity: 2968
Merit: 670
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
Gold of course is the most trusted commodity in the world, when there is an economic problem between countries, the best solution is to use Gold, it is natural that many countries including Iran and Russia plans to use Gold for the basis of money so that anyone will be optimistic about the plan.
I would understand using gold to back your currency, that wouldn't be a bad idea but it would limit your growth a lot as well, however if it's done properly then I could see why someone would want something like that. However, if we are talking about a situation like making a stablecoin backed by gold, that would be bit different, it would take us back to medici family periods.

I mean you would be giving your gold to someone and getting a paper for it instead, and that results with people not really backing it but looking like backing it. It would be like "I put 2 golds in here, but you give me paper for 4 golds, and I will give 1 back to you" type of corruption and people would do that and things will get much worse there.
legendary

Misconception. No, I'm not talking about gold, I'm talking about Iran and Russia. Russia is trying to sell off its gold reserves, but it is not all smooth sailing there either - sanctions. Just like Iran.
The idea of mutual settlements between Iran and Russia in gold is also very fantastic. If the trade balance is commensurable - what is the point of complicating the scheme of settlements in local currencies? Although I understand - Iran does not need rubles, Russia does not need reals Smiley
But chasing gold back and forth is also stupid ...
Or if the balance, for example, in favor of Iran - Russia will simply "drain" gold. And given that the main product that Russia is buying from Iran is drones for terrorism, it will be a net loss for the Russian economy - drones do not help the economy, this is a purely costly item.
Activity: 1428
Merit: 252
legendary
Sounds like complete nonsense! Another useless "stablecoin" with no real-world application. Why not just embrace Bitcoin and use it instead? I guess people in charge there (in Russia and Iran) just don't have enough technical knowledge and understanding of what Bitcoin is.
Uhm. There is real use-case for this. And I figured it's much better for them to use their own stablecoin than bring bitcoin into the equation. For one, it's going to absolve bitcoin of any problem that the stablecoin may face and commit to especially in the legislative side of this equation, cause for all we know these two countries are in the bad side of the bed as of now. Another would be the fact that they want to profit off of this venture, which bitcoin wouldn't exactly be able to do since it's decentralized and does not need outside maintenance for it to operate.

I say let them do whatever they want if it's not at the expense of the cryptocurrency industry getting flak and hate from the outside world.

Dear panganib999 ! Question - don't you want, for example, to issue your own currency? The expected question from you is - WHY?
Try to answer the question why Iran and Russia should issue some other monetary surrogate, provided that they are "friends" and have their own national currencies ? Smiley Try to explain the logic of this event ?
All these "new currencies", "unparalleled solutions" and so on are "dust in the eyes", populism and an attempt to divert attention from the real problems that they cannot solve (after all, both are rogue countries).
This solution does NOT solve a single problem, that's the fact. If you can prove otherwise - I will listen to you with pleasure !
Activity: 1722
Merit: 589
Sounds like complete nonsense! Another useless "stablecoin" with no real-world application. Why not just embrace Bitcoin and use it instead? I guess people in charge there (in Russia and Iran) just don't have enough technical knowledge and understanding of what Bitcoin is.
Uhm. There is real use-case for this. And I figured it's much better for them to use their own stablecoin than bring bitcoin into the equation. For one, it's going to absolve bitcoin of any problem that the stablecoin may face and commit to especially in the legislative side of this equation, cause for all we know these two countries are in the bad side of the bed as of now. Another would be the fact that they want to profit off of this venture, which bitcoin wouldn't exactly be able to do since it's decentralized and does not need outside maintenance for it to operate.

I say let them do whatever they want if it's not at the expense of the cryptocurrency industry getting flak and hate from the outside world.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1172
Privacy Servers. Since 2009.
The potential stablecoin aims to enable cross-border transactions instead of fiat currencies like the U.S. dollar, the Russian ruble or the Iranian rial.

The Central Bank of Iran is reportedly cooperating with the Russian government to jointly issue a new cryptocurrency backed by gold.

According to the Russian news agency Vedomosti, Iran is working with Russia to create a “token of the Persian Gulf region” that would serve as a payment method in foreign trade.

The token is projected to be issued in the form of a stablecoin backed by gold, according to Alexander Brazhnikov, executive director of the Russian Association of Crypto Industry and Blockchain.

The stablecoin aims to enable cross-border transactions instead of fiat currencies like the United States dollar, the Russian ruble or the Iranian rial. The report notes that the potential cryptocurrency would operate in a special economic zone in Astrakhan, where Russia started to accept Iranian cargo shipments.

Russian lawmaker Anton Tkachev, a member of the Committee on Information Policy, Information Technology and Communications, stressed that a joint stablecoin project would only be possible once the digital asset market is fully regulated in Russia. After multiple delays, the Russian lower house of parliament once again promised to start regulating crypto transactions in 2023.

Iran and Russia are among the countries that banned their residents from using cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin BTCtickers down
$20,921 and stablecoins like Tether (USDT) for payments. At the same time, Iran and Russia have been actively working to adopt crypto as a tool of foreign trade.

In August 2022, Iran’s Industry, Mines and Trade Ministry approved the use of cryptocurrency for imports into the country amid ongoing international trade sanctions. The local government said the new measures would help Iran mitigate global trade sanctions. Iran subsequently placed its first international import order using $10 million worth of crypto.

The Bank of Russia — historically opposed to using crypto as a payment method — agreed to allow crypto in foreign trade to mitigate the impact of international sanctions. The regulator has never clarified which cryptocurrencies would be used for such transactions though.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/iran-and-russia-want-to-issue-new-stablecoin-backed-by-gold

Iran and russia want to issue a stablecoin?! This world is becoming crazier by the day.

I would guess their first kneejerk reaction was to simply use gold. Then they realized if they digitized it. They could simply move digital funds from one account to another account. Which is easier and more efficient than shipping heavy piles of gold across long distances. But then who would cover development costs of what could easily become a multi million dollar project? Then they realized, if they used free open source code from crypto projects, they wouldn't have to pay software development costs and would only need servers to run it and personnel to maintain it.

So it seems that crypto and stablecoins may become a natural progression for corporations and nations of the world who are attempting to solve basic and fundamental problems of economy. Such as developing and deploying financial systems to facilitate transactions denominated in gold. Rather than starting from zero and building systems upwards to achieve basic and fundamental financial tasks.

legendary
Without taking into account the geopolitical calculations, and given that Ukraine is an independent country with full rights, I consider what Russia is doing as an invasion and aggression against an independent country. But this example cannot be compared with the wars led by the United States, especially those launched after the fall of the Soviet Union, because previous wars were always carried out within the framework of the Cold War.
From the same point of view, what NATO is doing can also be considered as a violation of Ukraine's independence and its involvement in a conflict that does not concern it in the first place. The war in Ukraine is between Russia and NATO, and Ukraine is nothing but a land of conflict.

No offense. I was just applying the same practice of selective "truth" to pooya87 that he tries to play all the time. In his case, one and the same event can have two different explanations. In the necessary case - positive, in the unnecessary case - negative.

I absolutely do not deny that the reasons for the invasion of Iraq were false. I am not ready to say whether it was done systematically or someone decided to "throw wood on the fire", but the fact remains that the reason for the invasion turned out to be a lie. Yeah, never denied it.
Some of the actions of international coalitions in modern history are also controversial and could have been replaced by a lighter version.
But to deny Russia's invasion of Ukraine, to invent 100500 "official targets of the NWO", to try to justify terrorist bombing of the whole country, residential cities, civilian infrastructure - this is in fact to support terrorism.  Again, if tomorrow someone starts massively bombing Iran's residential cities, pooya87 will be the first to scream about terrorism. But... he should be prepared for the fact that "it's all fair, Iran provoked someone and forbade to speak Persian". Really? Or is there a different kind of truth? That's what I was trying to say and I didn't mean to offend anyone in any way.

PS And to understand what Russia and its official information is, yesterday's statement of M. Zakharova about the purpose of SWO in Ukraine. Sit on the chair, it is difficult to perceive sitting down Smiley So, War in UKRAINE - "the Russian Army in the SWO are giving their lives for AFRICANS and OTHERS to be FREE". !  Grin Grin Grin Grin

This is an official press conference, an official of the Russian Foreign Ministry. You can easily see for yourself. And for your interest I recommend you also to look in chronology, how many times the "unambiguous goals of the NWO" were changed, in the official statements of the Russian authorities, from February 2022 to today !

But I suggest to return also to the main topic of the post: someone can logically and with arguments answer such questions:
- Why Iran and Russia need a NEW currency for internal relations ?
- What does not suit/profitable Iranian real to Russia ?
- What does not suit/not favor the Russian steering wheel Iran ?
- What actual steps have already been taken ?
Regarding "bloodthirsty invaders such as the US in Afghanistan, Syria and Iraq" is a lie ! Those were civil conflicts where the local population asked the US to protect the Afghan-speaking, Syrian-speaking, and Iraqi-speaking populations from the Kabul, Damascus, and Baghdad juntas.
Do you really believe that America allocated budgets in the billions just to provide aid to those oppressed peoples? I do not want to believe that someone is so naive as to believe the allegations that the US administration made to justify the invasion of those countries.
- America occupied Afghanistan after the events of September 11, 2001, despite the fact that Bin Laden (the first accused in those events) was not Afghan, nor did the Taliban movement have anything to do with those events, nor did the Afghan people have anything to do with those bombings, but unfortunately, he paid the price of those events in one of the worst tragedies in modern history.
- America occupied Iraq under the pretext that Saddam possessed weapons of mass destruction, then it was proven that it did not have any weapons, not even the intention to develop weapons. More than two million Iraqis paid with their lives for these allegations.
- America is partly intervening in Syria to protect its interests in the region, especially "Israel's security". This intervention has nothing to do with the suffering of the Syrian people.

Why is Iran squealing at Russia over some foreign islands that are ancestral to the UAE?
That's even cuter than your previous jokes.
The microscopic country called UAE was created in 1971 (that's 52 years ago) whereas these islands were part of Iran for the past 5000 years Cheesy
The term "ancestral" is not even defined for artificial countries that aren't even as old as the trees in my yard. If we start talking about history, UAE itself is part of Iranian soil that is under occupation and needs to be liberated... LOL
It is a ridiculous joke that claims that Iran occupies UAE islands, although the UAE is a modern state that was established according to tribal considerations to determine the process of controlling the natural resources of the region. The same goes for Qatar, which was created according to the same criteria.

Okay, no offense Smiley I just started to answer pooya87, in the style of pooya87's favorite Moscow propagandists, that's all for nothing ! Smiley
And it suits him to justify Russian terror against Ukraine and the whole world, even in the presence of dissonance. A boomerang effect !
And tell me - do you think that Russia is a terrorist country and occupied Ukraine? And do you also think that Russia is terrorizing the whole world right now, from grain sabotage.
 to trying to start a new, full-blown world war? This is a test question - how honest are you in assessing the situation and not two-faced....
Without taking into account the geopolitical calculations, and given that Ukraine is an independent country with full rights, I consider what Russia is doing as an invasion and aggression against an independent country. But this example cannot be compared with the wars led by the United States, especially those launched after the fall of the Soviet Union, because previous wars were always carried out within the framework of the Cold War.
From the same point of view, what NATO is doing can also be considered as a violation of Ukraine's independence and its involvement in a conflict that does not concern it in the first place. The war in Ukraine is between Russia and NATO, and Ukraine is nothing but a land of conflict.

Regarding "bloodthirsty invaders such as the US in Afghanistan, Syria and Iraq" is a lie ! Those were civil conflicts where the local population asked the US to protect the Afghan-speaking, Syrian-speaking, and Iraqi-speaking populations from the Kabul, Damascus, and Baghdad juntas.
Do you really believe that America allocated budgets in the billions just to provide aid to those oppressed peoples? I do not want to believe that someone is so naive as to believe the allegations that the US administration made to justify the invasion of those countries.
Don't underestimate the power of brainwash. After all US regime spends billions annually on it specially in mainstream media and in hollywood.
legendary
~
Iran and Gulf countries have long history of differences but recently KSA crown prince MBS took some initiative which will suppose to melt the ice between  two parties. Iran recently reopened his embassy in Riyadh and earlier this year Iran president has received an invitation to visit KSA. Gulf countries are strong ally of USA while Iran sit in opposite camp. The position KSA and UAE has taken on Ukraine is against USA stance, so it is expected that KSA may shake hand with Iran also.
Saudi dictatorship and the artificially created micro-countries like UAE, Qatar, etc needed United States for existing. Otherwise you can't just brutally murder a Washington Post journalist in broad daylight or even attack and destroy 2 trade centers in US and still continue "existing"!

Now the thing is, US is getting weaker every day and they realize this. Which is why they are trying to distance themselves from US like rats fleeing a sinking ship.

The fact that they are extending a hand toward Iran is just them realizing the super power in the region but also many believe that they may be buying time hoping US would recover so that they can go back to doing what they were doing before, because in short neither Iran (nor other countries like China which they are also getting close to) would stay silent about their atrocities.

Don't underestimate the power of brainwash. After all US regime spends billions annually on it specially in mainstream media and in hollywood.
legendary
Merit: 1957
Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform
Russia will do anything in their power to stick it to the West..... because they are suffering from the same trade sanctions. The Russian oligarchs also need a way to shift money into "safe havens" that are stable and unstoppable by sanctions.

They also want something that can increase in value.... not like the US Dollar and other Fiat currencies that are losing it's buying power due to inflation and hyper inflation in times of War.  Roll Eyes 
legendary
- America occupied Afghanistan after the events of September 11, 2001, despite the fact that Bin Laden (the first accused in those events) was not Afghan, nor did the Taliban movement have anything to do with those events, nor did the Afghan people have anything to do with those bombings, but unfortunately, he paid the price of those events in one of the worst tragedies in modern history.
- America occupied Iraq under the pretext that Saddam possessed weapons of mass destruction, then it was proven that it did not have any weapons, not even the intention to develop weapons. More than two million Iraqis paid with their lives for these allegations.
- America is partly intervening in Syria to protect its interests in the region, especially "Israel's security". This intervention has nothing to do with the suffering of the Syrian people.

Why is Iran squealing at Russia over some foreign islands that are ancestral to the UAE?
The microscopic country called UAE was created in 1971 (that's 52 years ago) whereas these islands were part of Iran for the past 5000 years Cheesy
The term "ancestral" is not even defined for artificial countries that aren't even as old as the trees in my yard. If we start talking about history, UAE itself is part of Iranian soil that is under occupation and needs to be liberated... LOL
It is a ridiculous joke that claims that Iran occupies UAE islands, although the UAE is a modern state that was established according to tribal considerations to determine the process of controlling the natural resources of the region. The same goes for Qatar, which was created according to the same criteria.

Okay, no offense Smiley I just started to answer pooya87, in the style of pooya87's favorite Moscow propagandists, that's all for nothing ! Smiley
And it suits him to justify Russian terror against Ukraine and the whole world, even in the presence of dissonance. A boomerang effect !
And tell me - do you think that Russia is a terrorist country and occupied Ukraine? And do you also think that Russia is terrorizing the whole world right now, from grain sabotage.
 to trying to start a new, full-blown world war? This is a test question - how honest are you in assessing the situation and not two-faced....

Regarding pooya87's answer about UAE - it is not a joke, it is his position - he has to justify himself somehow, so any variants are acceptable. This is a "natural" position of any lovers of totalitarian and lying regimes. The Kremlin regime and lovers of Rashism behave the same way Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3500
Merit: 1162
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
As it has been stated before, this can't be done. I know that people think that if you do this and if you do that type of calculations and trying to find a way to make it happen. But it can't be, there are just way too many things that will hurt the plan, when there are so many reasons not to do something, then it's better not to do it.

If this was just one person, doing something they shouldn't do because there are so many reasons why it would fail, you would chulk it up to experience if they fail and move on. But this is two huge nations, so if they fail, it's not going to be just experience, it's going to be full on terrible life for all people living there. I would highly suggest that it should be considered a way too risky move.

Activity: 882
Merit: 540

Iran and Gulf countries have long history of differences but recently KSA crown prince MBS took some initiative which will suppose to melt the ice between  two parties. Iran recently reopened his embassy in Riyadh and earlier this year Iran president has received an invitation to visit KSA. Gulf countries are strong ally of USA while Iran sit in opposite camp. The position KSA and UAE has taken on Ukraine is against USA stance, so it is expected that KSA may shake hand with Iran also.
legendary
I love how you repeated the exact thing that Russia says about Ukraine. Maybe they were right and Ukrainians did request Russia to come to their rescue and denazify Ukraine Grin

I see - I thought for a very long time to think of something to say in response Smiley
But here you have a bummer - do you have any evidence that anyone in Ukraine asked for any help? Smiley In short, here's a question for you, try to make up another ridiculous fairy tale Smiley

About the UAE. Anyway, but it is because of this small country, even if it was created 50+ years ago, that Russia Wiped its feet off Iran - just live with it now ! Smiley
Russia will cater to, praise and support whoever is more favorable to it. Iran is almost nothing to russia, just an accomplice in terrorism, nothing more, and UAE has oil Smiley

legendary
I love how you repeated the exact thing that Russia says about Ukraine. Maybe they were right and Ukrainians did request Russia to come to their rescue and denazify Ukraine Grin

Pages:
Jump to: