Pages:
Author

Topic: Irresponsible spenders consumes their retirement resources and losses values. - page 4. (Read 777 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 230
Bitcoin in Niger State💯
Life is sweet and we all have just one life so lets enjoy it to the fullest because while we are strong and healthy today, some are dead while some are in hospital.
Meanwhile we that are here do not know about our tomorrow so...
Rarely does a person think about death unless he is old enough or his death has been medically predicted by a doctor. If you find a man like that, then don't disturb his fun. After all, you don't know how productive they were in the past.

My thoughts too, and I feel like it is too quick to draw a conclusion to his own story without having to ask him to know what exactly is happening. Sometimes we judge too quickly by what our instincts tell us without necessarily knowing the true color of things or situation of the things we thought we knew. Because OP thinks that the man is not picking his wife's call as an issue, that may not necessarily be. Like you have mentioned, it could be that his life has been medically predated to last for a while and he just had to spend the rest of his life having such fun.

That could just be one angle to many scenarios that may have led him to spending like that. Another angle could be that he is just spending a pinch or a peanut from what he has in his bank account and I know there are a lot of people out there who are extremely or stinkingly rich and always have budgets for their funs. And such little budgets that they take out of the funds that they have in their bank accounts to catch fun with it might be what OP seems to be extravagant.

That could just be less than one over hundred of his wealth. Maybe due to the nature of the job he's doing, he needs to spend some cash for his happiness and that you cannot take away from him or easily criticize him for doing. So next time what I think is best is to either ask the man, of his expenses and get a clear picture of why he's spending so much. Or one can ask people around to have an idea rather than just drawing a conclusion from the scene witnessed. Which includes his wife call that he may had ignored.
Activity: 728
Merit: 308
While most of us thinks that there are only addicted gamblers who are reckless spenders,
I have never had the thought that only addicted gamblers are reckless spenders. Recklessness in spending comes from a place of financial irresponsibility and poor financial discipline.

As time goes but he was having incoming calls that he refused to answer and at last the call came I noticed he stored the number with My Wife and then he shutdown the phone to have his peace and concentrate on his enjoyment.

I am not sure of my instincts towards this man but with experiences from people of such nature, they are ones who lavishes their money on pleasures and does not have plans for their futures, they ends up regreting after much expenses when they runs out of funds. Then, they feels remorseful to had lavished their money on unnecessary expenditures and feels they had learnt their lessions but when they refills their pockets again they lost their responsible minds.
Meanwhile... They are usually the kind of people that budgets their incomes on unproductive and Irresponsible expenditures rather than spending on their families or even outdoors responsible spendings.
Your instincts about this man can be totally wrong, it is possible that he is a someone that meets up with his responsibilities at home, but his wife does not give him any chance for him to relax so he decided to just take out a day to have some fun time with his friends. Just because someone spends lavishly the one time you see them does not mean that they always do so, some of these people are even more financially responsible than us who are quick to have a judgment on them.
Activity: 966
Merit: 701
So many speculations about a person you don’t even know. You can’t be sure if the money he spent was more than he could afford, luxury is subjective. What’s expensive for you might not be for the next person. He was with friends, it’s likely that the bills will be spilt between them. I’m sorry but the topic title doesn’t seem to tally with the story IMO. You went out to have fun, you should do so without getting into other people’s business.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1332

These are usually the set of persons that says... Had I know and once upon a time during their old ages after they must have spent their retirement resource at their youthful ages and end up being disregarded in the family and looses their influential values around the societies.

Irresponsible people like that are everywhere, they live on the now and care nothing about the past or the future, and no matter how many times you try to help them they are never going to listen as they believe themselves to be smarter than you, so let them be and avoid putting yourself on their path of self-destruction, as once their money runs out, instead of changing their ways they try to get someone else to fund the lifestyle they believe they deserve.
Activity: 672
Merit: 251
Chainjoes.com
While most of us thinks that there are only addicted gamblers who are reckless spenders, I want to let us know too that there are other reckless spenders who are even Irresponsible to their responsibilities and bringing about devalues to their influential personalities.

While in a sit out with friends last night, there was this honourable looking man who whose table was served with lot of expressive wines and edibles alongside with his friends too, While he is sitted very close to me, he was bragging and was even louder than the MC with the microphone saying... Life is sweet and we all have just one life so lets enjoy it to the fullest because while we are strong and healthy today, some are dead while some are in hospital.
Meanwhile we that are here do not know about our tomorrow so... Let's catch up the cruise of today because we are not sure of our tomorrow.
So he called in the waiter with more order placed.
As time goes but he was having incoming calls that he refused to answer and at last the call came I noticed he stored the number with My Wife and then he shutdown the phone to have his peace and concentrate on his enjoyment.

I am not sure of my instincts towards this man but with experiences from people of such nature, they are ones who lavishes their money on pleasures and does not have plans for their futures, they ends up regreting after much expenses when they runs out of funds. Then, they feels remorseful to had lavished their money on unnecessary expenditures and feels they had learnt their lessions but when they refills their pockets again they lost their responsible minds.
Meanwhile... They are usually the kind of people that budgets their incomes on unproductive and Irresponsible expenditures rather than spending on their families or even outdoors responsible spendings.

These are usually the set of persons that says... Had I know and once upon a time during their old ages after they must have spent their retirement resource at their youthful ages and end up being disregarded in the family and looses their influential values around the societies.

It's difficult to truly understand someone else's situation. Perhaps he seems reckless, but he might be struggling with difficult family conflicts and using spending as a temporary escape before facing his problems. Of course, reckless spending is harmful because it can negatively impact not only the individual but also those around them.

In my opinion, it's possible to find a balance between enjoying the present and responsibly planning for the future. We can treat ourselves to things we like while also saving. More expensive things don't necessarily bring more happiness. Money offers us choices, but true happiness comes from sources beyond material possessions. That's why reckless spending is ultimately a poor choice
legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1854
🙏🏼Padayon...🙏
The world is unfair. It may disappoint us, but the reality is that there are so many people who are like the man you're talking about, who spends huge on all kinds of vices as if there's no tomorrow, but still ends up with so much money.

This world doesn't necessarily side with the moral and responsible. Only those at the bottom, those poor and downtrodden, believe in karma. The people up there are spending so much money, time, and energy on drugs, women, gambling, and other vices, but they live long, tell a victorious story, eat well, live well, send their children to expensive universities, and so on. 

I often wonder how some are playing millions as if they're nothing but they remain to have money. I often wonder how some are committing all kinds of sins but remain healthy.
Activity: 1035
Merit: 200

Nowhere in your story did I happen to catch any details about how you concluded that the guy was spending his retirement resources when you don't know him, didn't hear anyone say anything like that, and probably have seen him for the first time in your life. We shouldn't be so quick to judge, in my opinion.

I know, there are people in this world who wouldn't care about their future and they would spend all the resources they have on useless things, and luxuries, enjoying life while making no preparations for the future and then regret it when they fall flat on their face. However, it doesn't mean every honourable-looking man should be from the same category.

Who knows? The guy might have his businesses, having multiple sources of income that are projected to keep earning money for him even in the future, and he has enough money that he can spend so much every day without being able to exhaust his wealth.
legendary
Activity: 2954
Merit: 2145
If you are a worker or an enterprenuer, you should be happy that such people exist, because many of them are probably your clients. If everyone was only saving money, it would be very hard to do businesses. So in a way their loss is your gain. Many economists even suggest stimulating spending to help the economy grow, out of fear of a deflationary spiral.
Activity: 2492
Merit: 212
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

saying... Life is sweet and we all have just one life so lets enjoy it to the fullest because while we are strong and healthy today, some are dead while some are in hospital.
Meanwhile we that are here do not know about our tomorrow so... Let's catch up the cruise of today because we are not sure of our tomorrow.

Well he’s not entirely wrong, though.

As much as we should be planning our future, we shouldn’t be living in it already. The present is now and we should at least do something to enjoy it and not just wait forever for the future we had planned. Life is very fragile and everyday I am scared that something may happen which makes me ask myself if I had lived enough but of course the answer is no. So if I were to die today, my life would feel very incomplete and unfinished.

Mate we don’t know the whole story. Maybe they are going through something. We can’t make conclusions based on little observations besides it’s none of our business anyway.
Activity: 2506
Merit: 628
I don't take loans, ask for sig if I ever do.
Sounds like you're just being nosy op. Everyone has their own story, and while I do believe that your judgment has its merit, it doesn't change the fact that you're simply assuming the details from what you saw and not the complete picture. He may be overspending in your eyes, but who knows? He may be just so rich that such a cost may be a drop in his eyes. Or it's not even his retirement fund, not that odd for them to have the resources of profit even if they were of old age.

And let's be real, it's not odd for people to just ignore calls, regardless of who it's from especially if you're in a bad mood. An idea here is that the old man is simply trying to chill out after having a bad day, either from work or from family issues, pretty sure most of us have at least felt that, or at least something similar to that.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1853
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
If such a situation is individual, it is not frightening, while what is frightening is that it turns into a phenomenon in all of society. Here we must sound the alarm.

There are many people like this man who have a lot of money and do not care how they spend it. It is certain that earning money is an easy way. Otherwise, if the money was earned through a long journey of tiresome and continuous hard work to achieve success, he would not have squandered the money in this unfortunate way.

Successful businessmen who created their success and wealth through long years of toil and hard work cannot waste their money in this ridiculous way.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 315
So, you just judge that person based on what you heard. We don't know the reason why he thinks that way, but to me, the way he acted he seemed to be full of problems and didn't find any other way to lessen the pain he felt but to enjoy the drink and forget everything. We don't know his current condition nor the problems he has with his wife unless that guy talks to you openly and discusses his problems, that is when you can think that way but if not, that's when you should mind your own business.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 564
Ths is a very broad topic and we cannot assume what we see as it might not the the full picture and I have known people doing such things wherein they have had  their own struggles reaching the level where they are and now wants to live lavish life for a while and some gets trapped and end up losing it all while other get out of it as it's occasional for them. I think financial planning is something everyone has to do be it rich,poor or lavish spender.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1049

he probably has just quarreled with his wife that night and he wants to enjoy his night. that's just it.  the next day, he could just be working all day, 8 days a week.
by the story, i'm sure we don't know yet the background of this man so i wouldn't be too quick to judge. the next day he could be making peace again with his wife and life goes on.

i could be wrong with that but i'm certain a person at a certain age like 50 and up, all they want is peace of mind. 
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1176
While most of us thinks that there are only addicted gamblers who are reckless spenders, I want to let us know too that there are other reckless spenders who are even Irresponsible to their responsibilities and bringing about devalues to their influential personalities.

While in a sit out with friends last night, there was this honourable looking man who whose table was served with lot of expressive wines and edibles alongside with his friends too, While he is sitted very close to me, he was bragging and was even louder than the MC with the microphone saying... Life is sweet and we all have just one life so lets enjoy it to the fullest because while we are strong and healthy today, some are dead while some are in hospital.
So he called in the waiter with more order placed.

What the hell is an "honorable looking man" meant to mean? I don't know how you think you can extract someones life story just by sitting next to them in a restaurant and maybe you shouldn't be so nosy as to be checking out who is ringing the persons phone. It all sounds like a made up story, but maybe the moral you're trying to express is helpful. Some people are happy going through life and spending every penny they earn immediately, that can actually work out well for some people - you might impress a shallow executive because you pulled up to an interview in the latest shiny car. Others will realize too late that they should have been saving or investing more, best to forget about all that and concentrate on organizing your own future.
Activity: 882
Merit: 355
Duelbits
Balance is very essential for a well-rounded life in different spheres, including financial planning. It is necessary to be more cautious with the spending of money because living aimlessly and failing to have an investment plan for the money can result in suffering during old age, compromising not only financial wealth but also the most valued virtues of life.

When considering happiness, keep in mind that it stems not only from instant enjoyment or an experience but also from financial security and stability. So be smart while handling your finances, set up long-term plans regarding money, and act sensibly in expenditure matters. Do not let occasional gratification force you to compromise your financial well-being and your cherished values among others.
Activity: 616
Merit: 713
Don't joke with my Daughter
Everyone with the way they understood life, if they see's life as something one needs to enjoy without making a proper investment then that is the way they viewed their lives. But those with the conscience and conscious of becoming penurious would always go for investment and wise spending. Naturally I don't see any need for someone to go waste money for that are necessary for the to spend that much although, there is nothing wrong when someone spend a dollar or 2 over a bottle of drink or food, but there should be a limits to how men spend on irrelevant things because life we say doesn't end immediately when we finished every money we have worked for.

Realistically speaking, living in the moment is a good thing to do, but of course with moderation in most instances.

Yeah, you are correct although these are people who aren't sure of their lives, maybe they have little view over their lives but we must know and understand that when you live a plain life then it will be very hard to feel so. For instance, those with drug addicts or with any health disease are most those who are subjected to be having such orientation and mentality over their lives because they aren't sure of what may comes next.
It is true we can't predicts how life goes, but we must also give ourselves a better life by restricting ourselves in some certain things that doesn't counts in us or that are not giving us a good living.
legendary
Activity: 2394
Merit: 1231
Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform
Everyone with the way they understood life, if they see's life as something one needs to enjoy without making a proper investment then that is the way they viewed their lives. But those with the conscience and conscious of becoming penurious would always go for investment and wise spending. Naturally I don't see any need for someone to go waste money for that are necessary for the to spend that much although, there is nothing wrong when someone spend a dollar or 2 over a bottle of drink or food, but there should be a limits to how men spend on irrelevant things because life we say doesn't end immediately when we finished every money we have worked for.

Well, relevance of the things we purchase is subjective. Some are indeed into things which are expensive and are not minding the idea of saving or engaging to investment but that is I guess valid, in the first place that's their money. With retirement, maybe they don't view themselves reaching such point which is why they are focused on the present. Realistically speaking, living in the moment is a good thing to do, but of course with moderation in most instances.
Life is sweet and we all have just one life so lets enjoy it to the fullest because while we are strong and healthy today, some are dead while some are in hospital.
Meanwhile we that are here do not know about our tomorrow so...
Rarely does a person think about death unless he is old enough or his death has been medically predicted by a doctor. If you find a man like that, then don't disturb his fun. After all, you don't know how productive they were in the past.
Valid as well. Some people just find joy and rest from spending on things that would make their feelings of exhaustion, released. Being responsive with money means you know what you would be doing in those papers, it could be something that will generate or make it bigger, or something that would satisfy you, than to just let it be consumed by uncertainties.
copper member
Activity: 2744
Merit: 1250
Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph
I don't know how is gambling considered as spending but it's going to be a loss if you don't win. They won't probably get the hang of responsibilities if they don't know how to start them. If they started like that, indulging in luxuries and ignoring responsibilities, the wife shouldn't tolerate that and it is just a hard decision but a necessary one if you want to be happy.

It's not just the loss of respect within families but himself. He probably lost his value with his doing. It's sad that someone have to go through that but he/she needs to understand that gambling is addictive and he needs to stop if he experienced something like that.
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 4265
✿♥‿♥✿
OP, who gives you the right to stick your nose into someone else’s wallet and judge other people? Did he ask you for something, or does he owe you something because you don’t allow him to spend your money? Do you know his path? Maybe he worked so hard that he secured his life and could afford to rest beautifully. But since you're so frugal, what do you do at a party instead of finding a third job to fund your retirement? Sorry for such a harsh tone, but these are exactly the words you should hear from any person you undertake to judge. Get on with your life and don't turn into a grumpy old man.
Pages:
Jump to: