Pages:
Author

Topic: Is banking still important in the bitcoin era? - page 12. (Read 2260 times)

Activity: 98
Merit: 0
I think the existence of the bank is very important in the bitcoin era. Because banks are involved in economic reforms, basic economic indicators such as GDP, import-export, investment,  State budget revenues and expenditures, social evils and people's lives have been improved.
Activity: 56
until now bitcoin still need bank to deposit or to withdraw money from our bitcoin wallet, because if without bank we can't do both. Unlike the case if bitcoins have their own banks (like traditional banks) it's certainly they (traditional banks) are no longer needed for bitcoin users or cryptocurrency users. For now it's a bit of a possibility for bitcoin to make banks especially in countries that still forbid world of crypto (mostly developing countries) maybe in the next few years will come true.
Activity: 34
I think that banks are important and that the crypto currency will affect banks in a way that will force them to cede to customers. The main trouble for us in banks is that we do not have an alternative - a monopoly. As soon as it appears, banks
it will be necessary to do something for control on the crypto currency, and this is unlikely to work out for them, will only have to go to our meeting
Activity: 658
Merit: 103
Financial technologies such as bitcoin, P2P lending and crowdfunding are just beginning to take off, and businesses involved in the industry pose little immediate threat to traditional commercial banks. Banks, after all, the country's economic lifeline, so I think the bank is still very important, do you think?
The banks can solve different financial problems. There is balance in our society because of banks. I am sure that people will continue to use banks because banks have important role in our economy.
Activity: 364
Merit: 100
Blockchain with VTOS energy
Financial technologies such as bitcoin, P2P lending and crowdfunding are just beginning to take off, and businesses involved in the industry pose little immediate threat to traditional commercial banks. Banks, after all, the country's economic lifeline, so I think the bank is still very important, do you think?

I think that banks should only exist for people who are not capable of earning cryptocurrency because there will be a hard time for people who are not financially stable on their life and banks should be existing because of them.
Activity: 201

Well, I don't think that because of bitcoin and other crypto currencies, banks will be removed. Still, everyone of us is using our local fiat money, and we use this in our daily lives. Banks are still necessary nowadays, and it is still important. Don't be so complacent about bitcoin; transactions online and traditional transactions are important for us as we still rely on our fiat currencies.
Activity: 199
Banking has the function to manage conventional money, and Bitcoin does not need it because Bitcoin is decentralized and peer to peer transactions. If at any time there is an era where Bitcoin is in power and Conventional money is dead then Banking is no longer needed, unless Conventional Money is still in bitcoin era so Banking is still important and needed to manage all that.
Activity: 332
Merit: 12
Why do I need a bank if I have a crypto currency? What does the bank have to offer such that it can not do this crypto currency? Banks only create unnecessary problems. They are completely subordinate to the states. Crypto currency allows you to transfer unlimited amounts of money quickly and without regulation
While I agree with this you must understand that we are an exception, most people are not ready to stop using banking services just because something new and better has appeared, you need to understand that many people accept things just as they are, they do not think about new ways of doing things, so as long as what they are doing works for them they do not have any reason to try any change.
Crypto is just a currency and you need different places for different services. Banks provide us not only security for our deposits but also give us many services. No time to explain all services but there is big different in cryptocurrency and banks. There is no comparison between these two. Both have their own values and I never want the banks to crash.
Activity: 193
The Bank performs the functions of assessing and calculating the risk of non-repayment of the loan and setting an appropriate rate for its repayment. When borrowing through crypto currency, you need to have some kind of collateral. So the banks will continue to exist for a long time.
Activity: 165
Merit: 12
My opinion is very important, the bank is the agency that manages fiat finances. Both the state and the population will need for more stable asset storage.
Activity: 173
If later bitcoin increasingly supported by many parties, I think the existence of the bank is not important anymore. Why? because bitcoin offers transactions without third party interference, no middlemen and no cost cuts from third parties.
Activity: 79

I think, The bank is still important in the bitcoin era. We can save our money in bank for emergency needs, because I think bitcoin is long term investment.
Activity: 566
Merit: 102
In my opinion, although the bitcoin era has developed, banks still need it. Bitcoin transactions between traders when paying money must also be made via bank transfer. Moreover, a country will retain a unified currency, so the bank will be the place to trade.
Banks are still important because bitcoin and other crypto currencies are not as famous as banks. Majority of world population is still unaware of this concept. Moreover, many adults have techphobea and they do not feel safe with digital currencies rather it is tough for them to adopt new ways. However, with the passage of time and after digital assets mainstream, people will leave banks behind.
Activity: 420
CAT.EX Exchange

yes, I also think that banks are still very important. although the technology is getting better because of bitcoin, people will not be able to escape with the bank. because at this moment the currency used in everyday activities is physical money. I am sure that bitcoin users will not be able to escape with the bank. therefore as a means of exchange between the currency crypto with physical currency. so I also think that banks are still very important for everyone.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 300

Bitcoin makes our savings more secure and efficient since we are the one who are managing our balances but not all of the people will be using Bitcoin that easily. The economy of one's country is also reliant on banks.
Activity: 149
Banking is all about the financial administration, without banking none of the government will function in a better way. Maybe they have flaws in the functioning, but they're much in need for a country and other needs. Even now bitcoin has got dependence upon the fiat system, which shows the need for banking.
The definition of banking if people missed it is "the business conducted or services offered by a bank." , and most of these services mean transporting and conserving your money in total security , yet with the blockchain technology and the Ledgers all of this can be done without any need of any banks at all , yet the "banking system" is still there even if there's no bank at all . So like bill gates said in 1994 , we need banking systems but we don't really need banks and thanks to the blockchain technology such statement can turn into reality .

People are simply to used to the way things work, technically we could replace banks already but we must also understand that banks are some of the most powerful entities in the entire world so they are not going to let themselves be beaten just because of the development of a new technology, but I think in the future probably in many decades there is the potential for bitcoin and cryptocurrencies to replace them.

Banks are the safest storage of our wealth and are geney trusted by the public and it will not be taken out from them. They also serve as the another very important purpose involving the creation of money, Banks are more than just financial intermediaries, they are in fact crucial to the functioning of our economy.
Yes, banks is important at this time that bitcoin is not yet fully established and adapted by the world because mostly our earning from bitcoin will be in cash to the bank, but I do believe that in the next generation of crypto currency and the full blast of bitcoin era the bank is useless because there are already crypto bank started and if big company use crypto for the payroll and large establishment accept bitcoin then that is the time that the bank will be extincted.
Activity: 32
If banks are not there, how would the money be taken out after liquidating our investment in btcs?
Activity: 144
Merit: 15
Indeed, we can't set banks aside, one nation's economy still needs saving money particularly today, in spite of the fact that bitcoin is beginning to vanquish our lives monetarily, still it has a ton of things to enhance, one is the purchasing influence of fiats, still, bitcoin has constrained purchasing influence because of absence of establishments that acknowledge it as installments, as far as administrations prefer day occupations and shared administrations that is paid in fiats, foodstuffs, healing centers thus considerably more, perhaps if bitcoin will additionally create in adapting to these budgetary perspectives, at that point there will come a period that banks will close because of its wastefulness and unimportance.
Activity: 756
Merit: 251

At this time, the banks are still holding the reins of power. No one can argue that the banks are losing importance and influence. They are still very much powerful until today. However, even if the crypto threat to these commercial banks are still considered insignificant immediately, we are aware that the banks are always looking forward to the future if they want to remain in power. So as early as I now, I think the banks are already planning on how to remain in powers despite the crypto growth.
Activity: 38
Yes, it currently makes it easier to buy. Instead of searching and meeting a live person to sell me whatever Bitcoin they have available to sell, I can go to coinbase and buy how many Bitcoins as I want, with my account linked to my bank. 
Pages:
Jump to: