Pages:
Author

Topic: Is bitcoin a threat to USD and Pound Sterling? - page 2. (Read 1403 times)

legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

Hello guys,

Do you think bitcoin will be a threat to USD and Pound Sterling in the nearest future?

if yes, give an estimated time this can happen.

No it will not be a threat because Bitcoin was created as alternative investment to earn more fiat currencies particularly the US dollar currency for our future spending. In fact the US government and the United Kingdom did not ban Bitcoin as investment and currency as they see it as no threat at all as long as it was properly regulated.
You you right. I myself don't see that bitcoin will threaten to the local currency let alone replace it as the main currency, that's what the real government feared. after all, just few people that use bitcoin for currency because users are more inclined to use it as an investment. so the government doesn't need to worry about bitcoin
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
Of course, not! Not yet, at least. Are you kidding? BTC is a fetus as compared to those two fiats. Besides, it is totally different from them and people don't seem to know its real potential. Until they do, no one can be 100% certain as to whether it could pose any threat to other currencies. We can speculate however we wish, but that doesn't change the fact: we know almost nothing about it.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 501
Yes, bitcoin is a threat to USD and pound sterling or other fiat money, but not in the real sense. exactly, as an alternative that is very well liked by the public Because bitcoin is more efficient dan more reliable.
Come on it is an alibi given by the government to ban the use of bitcoin. I don't think bitcoin will threaten the existence of dollars
or other fiat currencies. You're right. we only use bitcoin as an option no more than that? there is nothing to fear from bitcoin
Activity: 714
Merit: 100
Hello guys,

Do you think bitcoin will be a threat to USD and Pound Sterling in the nearest future?

No it will not be a threat because Bitcoin was created as alternative investment to earn more fiat currencies particularly the US dollar currency for our future spending. In fact the US government and the United Kingdom did not ban Bitcoin as investment and currency as they see it as no threat at all as long as it was properly regulated.
Activity: 294
Merit: 1
Files.fm - Store, Share and Sell Files
I don't think so for now, I don't think bitcoin will be a threat to the USD and Pound sterling. and bitcoin is still an asset. but it is not impossible if someday bitcoin will replace all currencies, but it takes a very long time and process. all possible in crypto. Cool
Activity: 72
if it is called a threat, I think it is not right because both the dollar and the btc play their respective roles at the moment, but if in the future where btc is fully legal and become a recognized transaction tool throughout the world it is not impossible that it will shift the existence of the dollar at present, isn't that change necessary and every thing in the world must have a time, a time of glory and there will also be a time when all ends as well as dollars, so that is not a problem to be debated continuously
Activity: 17
Bitcoin cannot be a threat to USD, Pound Sterling, or any other conventional currency. Not in the next decades, at least.
Activity: 345
Hello guys,

Ever since the bitcoin expanded its territory it has been started to become a threat for pound and dollar. Knowing that this two well known currencies have the largesg value therefore making them be the wants and needs of many of us. But since the time we have since bitcoin's value, we turn unto it.
Activity: 462
Merit: 12
Hello guys,

Bitcoin and other crypto-currencies at the moment are not a threat to any fiat money.
Crypto-currency is generally a threat to the governments of all countries - because it is not controlled in the main and governments can not control bitcoins and other crypto-currencies.
Activity: 336
Merit: 14
Bitcoin is not a threat to any fiat currency out there. Please stop the paranoia. Also not a threat to central banks, governments, etc. Stop watching conspiracy theory videos on YouTube. Bitcoin will coexist with all of them.
Activity: 252
Merit: 2
The answer is no,bitcoin with its technology has its offers,aims,features, I dont see any possible threats to dollars and pounds even at the long run,bitcoin is a digital currency,
Activity: 98
No.
For the fact that bitcoin is a decentralized virtual currency while pounds / USD are paper money makes it impossible for bitcoin to threaten their existence.
Activity: 252
Merit: 3
i don't think that the USD is really threatnd by bitcoin. the rise or fall of bitcoin has nothing to do with USD, and for the records the USD is mostly used for most international transactions this days, and also for the records it is not only the USD you can actually change you digital currency into,there other currency which actually supports too. so i dont think the dollar will anywere be affected ..
Activity: 2142
Merit: 183
Hello guys,

You needed to state your position on this issue, and not just put the issue for discussion. How can bitcoin threaten the dollar and pound sterling? In my opinion, bitcoin and other decentralized crypto currency are not threatening these currencies. Decentralized crypto currency will be able to walk in parallel with any kinds of conventional currencies.
Activity: 31
Merit: 5
Yes, bitcoin is a threat to USD and pound sterling or other fiat money, but not in the real sense. exactly, as an alternative that is very well liked by the public Because bitcoin is more efficient dan more reliable.
Activity: 126
The world’s currencies are on an endless roller-coaster ride, their relative values constantly rising and falling in relation to each other, with the occasional stomach-churning drop. Last year, it was the turn of the US dollar to hurtle downwards, as UAE expats earning dollar-pegged dirhams know to their cost. The dollar suffered its worst year in a decade, hitting UAE residents with financial commitments in foreign currencies, as their earnings do not travel as far as they did a year ago. Well, if Bitcoin can't, then the US dollar can. Everything will in time be good.
Activity: 38
Bitcoin is far from being a danger to any currency, much less to the Dollar or Sterling. A national currency is issued and backed by states and the currency empower the states to control and regulate the country. That is to say, government and their currency harmoniously interact. Other methods of exchange will never be legally used without permission from governments. In other words, the government can totally control the popularity of Bitcoin if they allows it to enter their economy.  For that reason, I don't think Bitcoin has any chance to threat existing currency, especially stong currency like the USD and Pound.
Activity: 31
Nope. USD and Pound are the two strong currency and they aren't easy to be replaced. USD is used as a general standard for international calculations. Also, USD and Pound are controlled and backed by governments of strong econoly - the US and the UK. You know, the two economies are able to manipuate the price of their currency. At the same time, Bitcoin isn't backed by any organisations and even outlawed in many countries.
Activity: 361
  To my point Bitcoin is not at all a threat to USD and Pound Sterling because bitcoin is transferring from the exchange either to USD or the Pound Sterling.The above currencies are powerful in the world due to the financial stability of above countries.Bitcoin can be operated world wide but the other two currencies are originated from the two different countries.According to my view bitcoin is a service oriented coin originated for the benefit of the global community for their daily requirement so bitcoin will not be a threat to any currency.
Activity: 70
I think that the next two years there. The next year will become years of recognition at the state level. The real economy will need massive use in two.
Pages:
Jump to: