Pages:
Author

Topic: Is bitcoin a threat to USD and Pound Sterling? - page 3. (Read 1403 times)

Activity: 1344
Merit: 261
I think that BTC won't be a threat yet, I think that BTC has not that much of  firepower as what USD and Pound Sterling has dealt, so I am not quite sure about it, but if in the future, it may happen wherein BTC will surely be a threat.
Activity: 280
Merit: 3
Hello guys,

Do you think bitcoin will be a threat to USD and Pound Sterling in the nearest future?

if yes, give an estimated time this can happen.

I think it's a threat to fiat currencies in long term, but not sure about short term to be frank. Too many things depend on fiat currencies, so only something really huge would crash it
Activity: 140
Merit: 0
To me not every country including the USA that favour or support the use of bitcoin or any other digital currency. Most countries don't. So bitcoin is no threat to either of them.
Activity: 266
Merit: 10
a lot of people now say that the dollar will soon disappear! but the world community is not yet ready for crypto currency. Today, we learned how to use crypto money a small number of people on earth. on this dollar will not disappear in the next 50 years.
Activity: 327
Merit: 100
Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain
Hello guys,

Do you think bitcoin will be a threat to USD and Pound Sterling in the nearest future?

I don't think that for now in August 2018 somebody is considering a bitcoin like a threat to those global currencies like Dollar or Pound, because those are symbol for hundred of years.
Activity: 42
Everything is possible, but as for me, bitcoin is a relatively new technology that with every year we better and better recommend ourselves, but as is known in world history as soon as a catastrophe comes or something: Dolars, or pounds, is not important right away It's not just a bad currency, but still. The exact time can not be said
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1181
Hello guys,

For government maybe yes, because if people start to use Bitcoin and it can adopted everywhere, USD, Poundsterling, or other currency can get threated. That is why government in some country make bitcoin illegal to avoid that thing can happen
Activity: 322
Merit: 1
No! Bitcoin is relatively new; in stability and acceptability. Both dollar and pound are age long fiat currencies of two very big and stable economies, with the dollar wielding  tentacles on almost the entire global economy because almost every global trade is denominated in USD, and it will remain so for some time to come. Also, not every country including the USA that favour or support the use of bitcoin or any other digital currency. Most countries don't. So bitcoin is no threat to either of them. At least, not now.
Activity: 14
I do not think it is a threat. It is just a tool to improve our society. Bitcoin helps us to do business fast and not to depend on institutions. It just another option. Bitcoin has its own path. It has no country to support. It is meant to be a global currency. Therefore, other national currencies have not to fear. I do not believe we will all use bitcoin in the future as one currency. Many people think it will happen but it will take time. Banks in the future will integrate bitcoin and use it as well. All in all, it is not a threat to the financial institutions. It is just an additional option to improve business and the economy.
Activity: 150
it can happen in the event of a global financial crisis when the dollar and other fiat currencies lose credibility to themselves. That bitcoin was equal to the entire dollar mass, he's price should be more than $ 200,000
Activity: 406
Bitcoin will not be able to displace conventional government money and replace them completely. People will use different currency formats, but our usual money will not disappear.
Activity: 156
I think bitcoin will more or less become a threat to the US Dollars and Pounds Sterling because digital currency will soon be used in every aspect of our lives and countries around the world are already considering turning to the likes of Bitcoin.
Activity: 434
Frankly speaking, I do not think that the task of bitcoin is to overthrow the existing world currencies. It will be an excellent alternative, but people will still use national money.
Activity: 980
Merit: 502
Hello guys,

Look bitcoin is totally a different crypto currency and I don’t find any competition between bitcoin and other crypto currencies or to usd or any other Fiat currencies because the working of bitcoin is entirely different from all these currencies and I think that it makes the bitcoin most successful one among all the currencies but yes in the end , bitcoin is threat to all the Fiat currencies and as according to the market, now people started liking crypto currencies more as in comparison to Fiat one and yes there is a threat to all the Fiat currencies.
Activity: 560
Merit: 100
Hello guys,

I do not think it will affect the fiat money. Because Bitcoin is electronic money and it only pays electronically. fiat money will be paid in a different way and the forex market will control prices.
In general, Bitcoin will not affect the value of the fiat money. It is a good money transfer tool.
Activity: 658
Merit: 112
No, never. The paper money currencies is belongs to each countries but the cryptocurrencies belongs to the world. I believe that we get united with it. If all the world start to use bitcoin there would be one currency in the world and it means great to me. I hope one day it happen..
Activity: 308
I think that now bitcoin is not a threat to anyone. Because it is so small that it can not compete.
Activity: 336
Merit: 5
Most Advanced Crypto Exchange on the Blockchain
It probably won't threaten strong currencies like the British pound or US dollar, it is a threat to weaker currencies like turkish lira and those in south america. The USD threat is more to do with global influence where countries like iran will trade with bitcoin when selling or buying from other countries rather than usd.
Activity: 23
Why just USD and GBP? What about EUR, CHF, CAD, AUD . . .

Get the point? It's a threat to all currencies, just like amishmanish said

All government backed currencies derive their legitimacy from the government and give power and control back to the governments in return. The system works well if you assume all actors are honest and have the general population's best interests in mind.

History has shown that is hardly the case. More often than not banks, governments and businesses collude to create conditions where inequities keep increasing and those at the bottom continue to serve those at the top. This is enabled by an unlimited currency supply which only gets inflated and the burden is passed on to the common people.

Bitcoin has the power to change this equation with it's property of being a decentralized currency that does not need a trusted party like the government to give it legitimacy. It is power to the people as people choose to believe in verifiability and robustness of the underlying code and network rather than the central bank's word. So yes, As far as the long term effect is concerned, it is definitely a threat to established currencies.

But if it's bitcoin itself that finishes them, we cannot know. All that matters is that we figured out a way to do it now. Bitcoin may not work out, something may go wrong, but at least it's clear now: we can exchange money in ways that have never been done before. This step up is groundbreaking in concept and will shape the future to come.
Activity: 728
Merit: 101
Bitcoin is the currency of this age
Yes it is a threat as lots of conversion goes on,from dollarpound and other currency to BTC, I feel overtime several countries will begin to convert part of there currency to token in order to achieve the cashless policy advocacy.
Pages:
Jump to: