Pages:
Author

Topic: Is bitcoin a threat to USD and Pound Sterling? - page 5. (Read 1403 times)

Activity: 470
Merit: 1
I think it's too much if someone has the view that bitcoin will be a threat to fiat money. When properly addressed, I think bitcoin will actually help
Activity: 336
Merit: 12
not at all, now the dollar is getting stronger on the stock market.
and Bitcoin is not related to dollars or pounds at all, bitcoin and dollars have their own functions and uses, in different places.
Activity: 154
Merit: 0
 I think this should be changed. And this change can bring the crypto currency. Only crypto currency can bring equality in case of foreign transaction. When one of the crypto currency, Whether it is Bitcoin or other crypto.
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
Bitcoin is definitely not a threat to the fiat currencies, such as the United States Dollar and the Great Britain Pound. How can it pose a threat, when it is not  even a currency? Rather than a currency, BTC can be considered as an investment asset.
Activity: 73

No, btc is a private world. If the European economy is strong, btc will have no place and no competition. Only when the crisis happens does it thrive.
Activity: 34
Btc strill a threat to other currancy's not only usd or pound but it will may be change the whole world and we'll see that in the next five years
Btc are a threat to other currancy's not only USD or Pound but it can change the whole world and btc be the first unit of dealing one and only may be in the next five years we'll see that revolution
Activity: 50
I think bitcoin is not a threat to both. Because basically everyone who keeps bitcoin, still exchanges its bitcoin with local currency, to use it for traditionally. I think bitcoin will even help the economy. We know that Bitcoin can only be used online, while dollars can be used online and offline for wider transactions. Thus Bitcoin is not a threat to the currency.
Activity: 3024
Merit: 651
no bitcoin it's not a treat to fiat currencies!
just think about it, so evident!
bye

You are looking at the "now" and not the future of the world.
Give us more proof and maybe I can consider your words or look for a hole that says you are telling the truth.

It is a threat and actually that is what we can see now. ETF registration was not accepted and also this dumps could be one of their moves. To make panic to bitcoin investors is the attack.

That I can really see for now. Regarding when bitcoin will take over I do not know. But my expectation is 3-5 years from now.
Activity: 676
Merit: 319
Hello guys,

Do you think bitcoin will be a threat to USD and Pound Sterling in the nearest future?

if yes, give an estimated time this can happen.

Hi, I think so. And it will be soon enough, namely somewhere in 30 years  or 50 years. So wait and hope
no bitcoin it's not a treat to fiat currencies!
just think about it, so evident!
bye
Activity: 420
Merit: 100
I think yes, the copany of bitcoin is a big threat since they are slowly growing up and builds a strong foundation to dominate in the whole world which leads them to become invulnerable.
Activity: 350
Merit: 10
I think so, we'd even noticed SEC tightened their regulations about virtual currencies and various new blockchain projects (ICOs). Have you seen those video from veteran capitalist as he predicted the Advent of Bitcoin on 1998. He stated it could be a threat to Fiat currency.
Activity: 279
Merit: 16
In a sense bitcoin could be considered a threat to the US dollar and the pound sterling if in the future cryptocurrency becomes the leading currency. Who knows if that will actually happen. I dont think that it is a threat right now.
Activity: 196
Yes, it could be a threat for USD or other currency because few years from now, peoples may just using only digital currency.
Cryptocurrency is the best option from my opinion. Everyone won't need money or other fiat currency anymore.
Activity: 45
Indirectly I would say yes! The effects of bitcoin on a country's economy may just affect the currency as well. It may grow or sink in value depending on how big it has gotten to influencing the economic status.
Activity: 45
I would say yes, I think most countries consider it a threat to their economy. Maybe it is indirectly creating a competition to the US dollar not as a form of currency but as a form of a faucet where people from other countries would take as an opportunity for earning dollar while on the other side of the planet thus an uncontrolled faucet would likely affect their economy thus indirectly then affecting the value of dollar. It may have started affecting but we know the economists are really skillful to make some adjustments to battle worst effects so it might not create a great impact.
Activity: 938
Merit: 137
Hello guys,

Do you think bitcoin will be a threat to USD and Pound Sterling in the nearest future?

if yes, give an estimated time this can happen.

From the statement of CEO of twitter.
Bitcoin will be the only one currency in 10 years from now.
So, i think there will be no fiat anymore in this world in 10 years, everything is digitalize and online.
Bitcoin or any other crypto currency can not become a single currency of the world, nor the basic currency of any particular state. This will always be hampered by the lack of complete regulation of the country's crypto currency and its greater volatility. In this regard, the crypto currency can only slightly squeeze the usual currency in use, but it can not harm ordinary currency, including the dollar or pound sterling. Decentralized crypto currency can only go in parallel with other types of national currencies, however, they can not be substituted.
Activity: 140
Merit: 2
REMIIT.IO
Can’t we all just get along? Bitcoin is not a threat to any currency. The US dollar and Pound Sterling can coexist with bitcoin just fine.
Activity: 364
US Dollar is the main mood of payment of every international transaction. It is the currency of The United States of America. The United States of America dominated all over the world since long. The other country are dominated by USA. I think this should be changed. And this change can bring the crypto currency. Only crypto currency can bring equality in case of foreign transaction. When one of the crypto currency, Whether it is Bitcoin or other crypto, will be used as main mood of foreign transaction then all currency will feel equality in case of foreign trade. And it is not so far.
Pages:
Jump to: