Author

Topic: Is bitcoin better or paypal? - page 124. (Read 281245 times)

Activity: 672
Merit: 500
January 13, 2016, 05:50:13 AM
Don't think any centralized source can really compete with BTC especially not PayPal. They love to lock and steal user account's and funds. The fees are of course higher with PayPal as well especially with international transfers.

Yeah, you've not any control with them. Not over your own money f.e.
They can hold it and say you did something wrong and that's it for you.
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1001
January 13, 2016, 05:14:31 AM
Don't think any centralized source can really compete with BTC especially not PayPal. They love to lock and steal user account's and funds. The fees are of course higher with PayPal as well especially with international transfers.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
January 13, 2016, 03:40:37 AM
Bitcoin is far far far better than paypal because of paypals nonsense fees.

If you want charge back and other kinds of protection, you need to pay the fees.

those protect the buyers not the seller, so it's pointless to pay for something not complete, you can protect both with bitcoin also, with a trusted escrow

paypal is just a trusted escrow, nothing else
Activity: 644
January 13, 2016, 01:02:44 AM

You exactly right dude. PayPal's transaction fees are high than bitcoin. Just like a western union transfers.
Activity: 446
Merit: 250
Unpaid signature.
January 12, 2016, 04:08:23 PM

If you want charge back and other kinds of protection, you need to pay the fees.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 520
Aleph.im
January 11, 2016, 08:43:11 PM
Activity: 770
Forza Roma
January 11, 2016, 06:08:22 PM
If not 10, then bitcoin is 100 times better then paypal.
Fees, but also the anonymous part of bitcoin is better. Why should we trust paypal with our identification documents?
January 11, 2016, 05:25:37 PM
Both are good, both are for online transaction, paypal has chargeback and bitcoin doesnt.
For some reason paypal is better (for buyer) and sometimes bitcoin is great i use both of them

But bitcoin and paypal are not same. Bitcoin is far better than paypal. If we use paypal it has huge amount transaction fees than bitcoin. If wanna compare paypal means We can compare with Western union. Transactions are open and transparent in bitcoin Not like transaction medium.

It depends because using sometimes the paypal it does not charge fees.
Sometimes it charge to the merchant side sometimes on both ways, but is good in this case because of small fees.

When I sell on Ebay, Paypal charges me a lot. When I send to friends, there is no charge at all.

Sending to friends is cost-free when using your paypal account, but suppose they charge a fee, why is it this huge.
4% is too much. It should be less then  1%.

I am sure this is the reason people are leaving paypal now.
Activity: 357
January 11, 2016, 12:45:34 PM
Both are good, both are for online transaction, paypal has chargeback and bitcoin doesnt.
For some reason paypal is better (for buyer) and sometimes bitcoin is great i use both of them

I was the user of paypal before but nowadays I am not at all using paypal. Because their transaction charges are heavy then bitcoin. But bitcoin If we wanna send 1 BTC. It will just consume .1 percent only as a transaction fee. If we wanna compare paypal better can compare with western union.

What is your usual usage of paypal? Do you use it to accept payments when you sell goods? If so, the charge is quite high.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
January 09, 2016, 11:20:04 AM
Yes... you are right..
In some cases... buyer will pull back his payment by saying that..
But nowadays o don't think this is happening..
But also you should take care while dealing with PayPal..
If possible then use other payment methods..
Activity: 714
January 09, 2016, 06:32:03 AM

I was the user of paypal before but nowadays I am not at all using paypal. Because their transaction charges are heavy then bitcoin. But bitcoin If we wanna send 1 BTC. It will just consume .1 percent only as a transaction fee. If we wanna compare paypal better can compare with western union.
Unpaid signature.
January 08, 2016, 04:27:22 PM

But bitcoin and paypal are not same. Bitcoin is far better than paypal. If we use paypal it has huge amount transaction fees than bitcoin. If wanna compare paypal means We can compare with Western union. Transactions are open and transparent in bitcoin Not like transaction medium.

Sometimes it charge to the merchant side sometimes on both ways, but is good in this case because of small fees.

When I sell on Ebay, Paypal charges me a lot. When I send to friends, there is no charge at all.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000
January 07, 2016, 02:42:38 PM

Activity: 336
January 07, 2016, 10:54:12 AM
yes paypal have revers transaction fecilty and thats why i will also advise everyone not to deal when their is paypal option by the way bitcoin has all the features provided by paypal and in  additional we get some more advantages like anonymus feature and the rappid buy and sell i mean its population.i think more peoples are using bitcoins in compare with paypal sorry for my bad english here
Unpaid signature.
January 07, 2016, 05:57:28 AM

If Paypal integrates the bitcoin, will the transaction fee reduce a lot. I think the paypal transaction fee is mainly the credit card fee.
Activity: 994
January 07, 2016, 03:46:24 AM

legendary
Activity: 1204
January 06, 2016, 06:59:43 PM
Activity: 308
January 06, 2016, 06:55:00 PM
Paypal is just to oldskool. No new things just the same service with a different design.
The same is not good, same old big fees, the same restictions, the same crap.

Bitcoin is it.
January 06, 2016, 02:51:21 PM
Paypal has restrictions depending on location, bit coins is universal, I go with Btc, but still need paypal to cash out btc

The restrictions but also the fact bitcoin can't be used with them makes me choose bitcoin.
Companies like paypal are just to arrogant thinking people will stay with them if they block bitcoin
Activity: 1092
January 06, 2016, 02:28:25 PM
Paypal has restrictions depending on location, bit coins is universal, I go with Btc, but still need paypal to cash out btc
Jump to: