Pages:
Author

Topic: Is bitcoin dead? - page 92. (Read 110801 times)

Activity: 560
Merit: 257
July 22, 2015, 01:19:53 AM
I think bitcoin is dying for a few reasons.

To hard for the Avg person to get.

To many scams, even trusted BTC companies have turned scam.

Gambling with BTC is great fast deposits and withdrawls, but that is all BTC has over fiat.... Illicit stuff.

The Avg guy also cant mine coins anymore.

BTC needs to have something special over fiat for the "average" person to choose it.

Activity: 490
Merit: 255
July 21, 2015, 11:59:16 PM
Bitcoin is not dead. Bitcoin can't be dead, at least not now. There are so many users selling and buying Bitcoin daily, and there are still new and new people coming to Bitcoin, they are buying and selling too. You can't stop it. I don't believe Bitcoin will crash to $100, but I don't believe Bitcoin will go up to $10000. I will be very glad if the price is stable $1000.

Crashing to 100$ or less wont mean that bitcoin is dead, bitcoin wont be dead unless it stops being used or people stop mining, but we already saw that people wont stop using it just because there is a price drop, it was 1200$ and now it is 300~ and people still use it, more than ever.

Because people, same as me, hope for that $1200 price will come again and they can sell their BTC. People are making and holding BTC just to sell it at $1000. Try to find thread about people saying when they would sell their BTC, it's quite interesting thread to read if you are boring and you can see typical signature spammers, trolls and now the important: people with good view on it and with interesting things to say. I can't find it now but I'm sure it's here.

Im pretty sure those who would sell at 1000$ or around that number would only do it if the price increases fast enough, let me explain, imagine that in a week from now the price goes to 1000$, a lot of people will sell around that number fearing that the price will go down at any moment and the price will go down most likely, however if the price increases slowly in a period of time of over a year, im sure people wont sell at 1000$ because the price would be stable at that price.

This is true. But it depends on a lot of factors and nobody can say it like this. You can be right, or not.. it can be fast, or not..
Nobody knows, if it goes slowly up I won't sell my BTC, because it will go up even more or just stay at it. But if it's fast like in a few days I would definitely sell at least half of my BTC, because it can go down and if no, I have still my another half.
Yeah thats right most of users are waiting for that time, when the price of bitcoin goes up. Then they get the opportunity to sell their coins with high price. But that time the chinese market crashed.

Yeah we all are waiting that the prices should climb in the coming years so could sell part of it and make some profit out of it. And Bitcoin is neither dead nor dying, If it was dead than there wouldn't be so long discussion here for this long pages and once it hits the mainstream it will create an revolution in the world as internet did.
Yes they can say that bitcoin is dead when its price goes down, but now or last days bitcoin price goes up because chinese stock markets crashed down they can say now bitcoin is still alive. They are not really users of bitcoin they just visit when its price goes up then they forget it.
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
July 21, 2015, 09:44:22 PM
Bitcoin is not dead. Bitcoin can't be dead, at least not now. There are so many users selling and buying Bitcoin daily, and there are still new and new people coming to Bitcoin, they are buying and selling too. You can't stop it. I don't believe Bitcoin will crash to $100, but I don't believe Bitcoin will go up to $10000. I will be very glad if the price is stable $1000.

Crashing to 100$ or less wont mean that bitcoin is dead, bitcoin wont be dead unless it stops being used or people stop mining, but we already saw that people wont stop using it just because there is a price drop, it was 1200$ and now it is 300~ and people still use it, more than ever.

Because people, same as me, hope for that $1200 price will come again and they can sell their BTC. People are making and holding BTC just to sell it at $1000. Try to find thread about people saying when they would sell their BTC, it's quite interesting thread to read if you are boring and you can see typical signature spammers, trolls and now the important: people with good view on it and with interesting things to say. I can't find it now but I'm sure it's here.

Im pretty sure those who would sell at 1000$ or around that number would only do it if the price increases fast enough, let me explain, imagine that in a week from now the price goes to 1000$, a lot of people will sell around that number fearing that the price will go down at any moment and the price will go down most likely, however if the price increases slowly in a period of time of over a year, im sure people wont sell at 1000$ because the price would be stable at that price.

This is true. But it depends on a lot of factors and nobody can say it like this. You can be right, or not.. it can be fast, or not..
Nobody knows, if it goes slowly up I won't sell my BTC, because it will go up even more or just stay at it. But if it's fast like in a few days I would definitely sell at least half of my BTC, because it can go down and if no, I have still my another half.
Yeah thats right most of users are waiting for that time, when the price of bitcoin goes up. Then they get the opportunity to sell their coins with high price. But that time the chinese market crashed.

Yeah we all are waiting that the prices should climb in the coming years so could sell part of it and make some profit out of it. And Bitcoin is neither dead nor dying, If it was dead than there wouldn't be so long discussion here for this long pages and once it hits the mainstream it will create an revolution in the world as internet did.

It is only dead in the minds of people who are not using it or who are against it. And the government and media has played a major role in the negative publicity of bitcoins. As the society is very much influenced by the media so they just listen what news are published rather then putting their own efforts in understanding the issue.

Most people dont use it for day to day usage which is why I think they see it unpractical cause its super hard.

Theres a cnn article on a guy who does everything on bitcoin for an entire day, and in the end says its not practical. But, it can be useful when people need to move money like a money transmitter.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002
July 21, 2015, 09:08:13 PM
i think this year will be critical..  by the end of this year we will know if bitcoin will rule or if will die.

this year? lol.

I say its critical everyday since the price point always seems to go up and down. But, in general bitcoin has so much VC funded projects I doubt it would die.

Unless its a repeat of a dot com boom.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
error
July 21, 2015, 07:51:23 PM
i think this year will be critical..  by the end of this year we will know if bitcoin will rule or if will die.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
July 21, 2015, 07:37:17 PM
I think it is.

Bitcoin use adoption has stalled. Media interest has dissipated. Prices have only slowly continued to decline for a long time now. Bitcoin securities have always been and still are a complete mess, with a near 100% failure (scam/fraud/incompetence/etc) rate. Mining has been concentrated in the hands of a few giant players, eliminating much of the advantage/security/democracy of thousands of individuals being the money processors. Alternative forms of online payment with US dollars (and other fiat currencies) are now cheaper, faster, and more secure than bitcoin (and of course far more usable to buy/sell real goods/services), eliminating any of its advantages as a payment system. Continued decline of bitcoin and strength in fiat currencies has put the lie to the idea of bitcoin as a store of value; there are far better more reliable hedges against inflation. Meanwhile the real economy is firing on all cylinders, stock markets are at all time highs, corporate earnings are higher than ever, unemployment is low, etc. Even amid the boom, no one cares about bitcoin any more. Bitcoin was a fad that lasted a few years, and is now on its way to being forgotten.

Thoughts? Anyone seriously disagree with this conclusion?
[/quote

Bitcoin is a very good thing, and a lot of people support this currency. It is very useful and can serve a lot of people do not believe you would just let this phenomenal thing off.
Activity: 952
July 21, 2015, 07:22:47 PM

It is only dead in the minds of people who are not using it or who are against it. And the government and media has played a major role in the negative publicity of bitcoins. As the society is very much influenced by the media so they just listen what news are published rather then putting their own efforts in understanding the issue.
July 21, 2015, 04:19:20 PM

July 21, 2015, 12:08:16 PM

Activity: 518
Merit: 500
July 21, 2015, 06:52:20 AM

Merit: 516
July 21, 2015, 06:49:57 AM

July 21, 2015, 06:33:54 AM

July 21, 2015, 06:25:38 AM

July 21, 2015, 05:38:49 AM
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
July 21, 2015, 04:58:58 AM
Is Bitcoin dead?  OF COURSE NOT!!! If you are a nervous rack, do your self a favor and go elsewhere, Bitcoin is not for the faint of heart!

Bitcoin is so alive, that It got me an audience with Guadalajara's new Mayer to discuss an ambitious program to use the block chain to keep track of the City finances and thus, take a bite out of corruption. I know for a fact, that the Federal government of Honduras is already looking into it.
legendary
Activity: 1456
July 21, 2015, 02:34:09 AM
Most likely a lot of campaigns are starting to go down and it's not profitable

Yeah many of the campaigns are getting down and it is not good news for us as it is the only source of earning bitcoins and if it keeps on going down it would be really difficult to earn bitcoins as we don't want to get into trading or gambling. So more and more campaigns with good payout should be started.

What are you even talking about? Campaigns affect little or nothing the bitcoin price or its stability, they are just a source of income in this server for some people but more than 70% of bitcoin users dont know or use this forum at all and 90% of the forum users dont even know or wear a signature to get profit.
Yeah signature campaign can't affect the bitcoin price, it can affect only the speed of the transaction, because signature campaigns sents many payment for their signature and it can cause delays. And also you must wait atleast 30 mins to confirm your transaction.

What? What transactions? You mean the whole bitcoin transactions? No it wont affect the blockchain transactions, for that to happen you would need to send an overwhelming number of transactions and signature campaigns dont do that
Not literally signature campaigns, i mean their signature campaign manager because when they paying their participants they sent many coins in different addresses and it can cause delay because you will wait until 30 mins to confirm your transaction.

I would not worry  about sig campaigns delaying your payments.   A really good modern one is actually automated where not everyone is at the same time, they are all based on their sign up for campaign.

Some yes are more old and do once a month, or week all at same time.   But even with these the amount sent out is no where enough to cause a slowdown.
July 21, 2015, 12:10:14 AM

Yeah many of the campaigns are getting down and it is not good news for us as it is the only source of earning bitcoins and if it keeps on going down it would be really difficult to earn bitcoins as we don't want to get into trading or gambling. So more and more campaigns with good payout should be started.

What are you even talking about? Campaigns affect little or nothing the bitcoin price or its stability, they are just a source of income in this server for some people but more than 70% of bitcoin users dont know or use this forum at all and 90% of the forum users dont even know or wear a signature to get profit.
Yeah signature campaign can't affect the bitcoin price, it can affect only the speed of the transaction, because signature campaigns sents many payment for their signature and it can cause delays. And also you must wait atleast 30 mins to confirm your transaction.

What? What transactions? You mean the whole bitcoin transactions? No it wont affect the blockchain transactions, for that to happen you would need to send an overwhelming number of transactions and signature campaigns dont do that
Not literally signature campaigns, i mean their signature campaign manager because when they paying their participants they sent many coins in different addresses and it can cause delay because you will wait until 30 mins to confirm your transaction.
Activity: 658
July 20, 2015, 09:16:01 AM
BTC is very popular, and without doubt it is Nr.1 crypto. There are many BTC users, which use BTC, so I think it will be in the market in future  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1008
Delusional crypto obsessionist
July 20, 2015, 09:15:51 AM
Don't be too greedy and trying to manipulate the price OP

Meh, no interest in crap like that. The only bitcoins I ever got were a few back when you could mine profitably with GPUs, and a few more in exchange for services. Never bought any with real money and don't plan to. What I am interested in is if anyone serious still sees a future in bitcoin, and if so, what they're reasons might be. That's why I started this thread.

Grin haha lol. Made my day. Thanks
July 20, 2015, 09:12:16 AM

Pages:
Jump to: