Pages:
Author

Topic: Is bitcoin dead? - page 88. (Read 110801 times)

Activity: 558
Merit: 500
August 01, 2015, 02:11:14 AM
What u said mention above that bitcoin was died in every aspect alreadt got it answers by it self on the moment of the last 3 weeks where the value of bitcoin in global exchange going up in major region
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
July 31, 2015, 03:09:26 PM

yeah we cannot say that bitcoin is already mainstream because there such people who know what is bitcoin really are, and most of people are didn't yet know the bitcoin and also more people more likely to used their own currency than bitcoin, because they though that bitcoin is NETWORKING :3

The only way bitcoin could be assumed mainstream when there is a significant amount of people enough to stop transacting in any other currency except bitcoin. The amount of people who would desire this evolution would be enough to cause a change/effect loss in the market if they did not buy anything despite being potential customers of this organization/business/etc. As of now, bitcoin stands not mainstream.
Activity: 490
Merit: 255
July 31, 2015, 12:21:46 PM
I don't think Bitcoin will ever be dead. I doubt it. It's the first crypto currency ever created in history that started the with the Blockchain technology. But I do know this....once Bitcoin becomes mainstream, it's value will probably rise up to $1000 or more. That's why I'm holding Bitcoin since it's the most valuable crypto right now. Most other coins are just another copy of the Bitcoin code (like Litecoin, Dogecoin, etc) However, I have to admit that most coins have bought promising technologies such as Monero (XMR) which is by far one of my most favorites. Just opining  Cheesy
1,bitcoin it's already mainstream
2,monero is shit

1. Well I was talking about global acceptance (everybody would use it)

2. Could you explain why Monero is shit?

Bitcoin is definitely not mainstream, mainstream could be something which is used/accessed by atleast 1/10th of the world. That is why hollywood is claimed to be mainstream, because thousands of people watch hollywood movies everyday, buy such movies. Same goes for musicians, etc. I don't think bitcoin is at that level. There are 2-3million bitcoin owners in this world, and only 200-300k active users of btc Smiley

Monero? Just another crypto-currency. Since it is not based on Bitcoin, Monero cannot take advantage of the Bitcoin technological ecosystem, like GUI wallet or payment processors.
yeah we cannot say that bitcoin is already mainstream because there such people who know what is bitcoin really are, and most of people are didn't yet know the bitcoin and also more people more likely to used their own currency than bitcoin, because they though that bitcoin is NETWORKING :3
Activity: 714
July 31, 2015, 03:20:18 AM
I don't think Bitcoin will ever be dead. I doubt it. It's the first crypto currency ever created in history that started the with the Blockchain technology. But I do know this....once Bitcoin becomes mainstream, it's value will probably rise up to $1000 or more. That's why I'm holding Bitcoin since it's the most valuable crypto right now. Most other coins are just another copy of the Bitcoin code (like Litecoin, Dogecoin, etc) However, I have to admit that most coins have bought promising technologies such as Monero (XMR) which is by far one of my most favorites. Just opining  Cheesy
2,monero is shit

Bitcoin is definitely not mainstream, mainstream could be something which is used/accessed by atleast 1/10th of the world. That is why hollywood is claimed to be mainstream, because thousands of people watch hollywood movies everyday, buy such movies. Same goes for musicians, etc. I don't think bitcoin is at that level. There are 2-3million bitcoin owners in this world, and only 200-300k active users of btc Smiley

Monero? Just another crypto-currency. Since it is not based on Bitcoin, Monero cannot take advantage of the Bitcoin technological ecosystem, like GUI wallet or payment processors.
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
July 30, 2015, 09:44:05 PM
2,monero is shit

Activity: 728
July 30, 2015, 11:25:22 AM
2,monero is shit
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
July 30, 2015, 11:05:26 AM
Activity: 728
July 30, 2015, 10:57:36 AM
With 0.8 billion VC funds expected to enter bitcoin companies in 2015 do you really think bitcoin is dead? The party is only just starting. Just wait until ETFs come online or the next price surge sets another adoption wave.

Exactly, too much money has entered this ecosystem for it to be dead. Now, it's true that the price is currently not reflecting this positively but that's why smart people are reading the signs and hoarding as much as they can, while others, less smart are asking questions is Bitcoin dead?

Don't let yourself not seeing forest from the trees!

people who think bitcoin is dead just don't know what bitcoin is and what exactly powers bitcoin. these people are horrible investors. let them think what they want. they will regret not buying. or they will buy at the peak when it's too late.
maybe they have just lost some bucks Tongue
legendary
Activity: 896
July 30, 2015, 06:07:18 AM
With 0.8 billion VC funds expected to enter bitcoin companies in 2015 do you really think bitcoin is dead? The party is only just starting. Just wait until ETFs come online or the next price surge sets another adoption wave.

Exactly, too much money has entered this ecosystem for it to be dead. Now, it's true that the price is currently not reflecting this positively but that's why smart people are reading the signs and hoarding as much as they can, while others, less smart are asking questions is Bitcoin dead?

people who think bitcoin is dead just don't know what bitcoin is and what exactly powers bitcoin. these people are horrible investors. let them think what they want. they will regret not buying. or they will buy at the peak when it's too late.
Activity: 798
Move On !!!!!!
July 30, 2015, 04:06:01 AM

Activity: 742
Merit: 526
July 30, 2015, 03:44:54 AM
bitcoin is not dead and still alive until now even bitcoin price is pretty low now not but more people interested to use bitcoin everyday ,and it is keeping bitcoin still alive maybe in the next 10 years
I think not only 10 years, maybe it still alive after 50 years. Because its so very useful in people and if its become the world currency, many countries can grow their economy in just one 1 using bitcoin, it can greatly affect the transaction speed.
still too early to speculate bitcoin can alive up to 50 years, because 50 years is a very long while bitcoin is still 6 years of age while the selling price is also up and down
Atm, bitcoin need stability, and imo stability can be earned only by adoption. So for me this seems like to be a huge monsterball

Compared to what happens to shiny metals and oil at the present, with stock markets crashing here and there, and whole nations blackmailing each other now and then, bitcoin is like a rocky island in the raging ocean, in the stormy sea. Smiley
Activity: 784
July 29, 2015, 07:05:17 PM
It's far from dead, as long as the devs can come up with a reasonable solution to not end up ruining it, which I think has very low possibilities of happening. We are still 0.11 version so we have a long way to go. Hopefully the blocksize limit problem is solved before we hit 0.2..
yes, there are some very encouraging and positive new developments happening in bitcoin all the time. Widely used by common folk or not, bitcoin is useful and remains full of potential.
\

yes, and people have started to know about the bitcoins, and many of them have invested and already started to use bitcoins as a currency and that is a great news for the bitcoin community, so I think bitcoin is growing and would be alive for many years to come.
legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1414
July 29, 2015, 05:09:53 PM
We can't predict when bitcoin die or live, we should do know is to influenced other people like relatives, friends, etc. to use bitcoin, if we do that bitcoin will still alive.

Your post is pretty much uncomprehenable. There isnt anything that will make BTC "dead" , not about how many people use it or if the price is tanking to a dirt cheap price because what matter the most will be the technology of it. Common people cant see this which is why most of them tends to measure wether BTC is dead or not solely from the price alone and let alone the technology of it
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
July 29, 2015, 11:42:10 AM

We can't predict when bitcoin die or live, we should do know is to influenced other people like relatives, friends, etc. to use bitcoin, if we do that bitcoin will still alive.

Pain lies down that road. Whatever happens during their BTC adventure will always be your fault no matter what occurs and how dumb they themselves  are.

Sowing a seed with a casual mention here and there is as far as anyone should go if they want an easy life.

July 29, 2015, 11:36:56 AM
Bitcoin will live for at least another decade, if not more.
legendary
Activity: 1176
July 28, 2015, 07:24:38 PM
Activity: 868
July 28, 2015, 05:57:28 PM
Bitcoin will live for at least another decade, if not more.
Activity: 249
Merit: 250
July 28, 2015, 04:45:33 PM
It's far from dead, as long as the devs can come up with a reasonable solution to not end up ruining it, which I think has very low possibilities of happening. We are still 0.11 version so we have a long way to go. Hopefully the blocksize limit problem is solved before we hit 0.2..
yes, there are some very encouraging and positive new developments happening in bitcoin all the time. Widely used by common folk or not, bitcoin is useful and remains full of potential.
Activity: 770
Merit: 509
July 28, 2015, 11:46:04 AM
bitcoin is not dead and still alive until now even bitcoin price is pretty low now not but more people interested to use bitcoin everyday ,and it is keeping bitcoin still alive maybe in the next 10 years
I think not only 10 years, maybe it still alive after 50 years. Because its so very useful in people and if its become the world currency, many countries can grow their economy in just one 1 using bitcoin, it can greatly affect the transaction speed.
still too early to speculate bitcoin can alive up to 50 years, because 50 years is a very long while bitcoin is still 6 years of age while the selling price is also up and down
Atm, bitcoin need stability, and imo stability can be earned only by adoption. So for me this seems like to be a huge monsterball

And adoption can only be earned by having a solid software, and we are still at 0.11.0 days so it's a long way to go until we get there.
July 28, 2015, 11:45:17 AM
at the moment i think it is a bit dead but good time to buy

It's holding steady, but I would not call that dead.  We have even went up to 300 in not far past.  And of course dropped to current.

When I think of dead I think of sub 100 numbers.  That hopefully will not happen.

You and other people here have no idea what you are talking about, you are judging if a coin is dead by it's price which is totally stupid, bitcoin won't die if it goes sub 100 or even sub 10, bitcoin would die only if people stop using it or miners stop mining suddenly, price has nothing to do with it.

price is the reflection of bitcoin health, if people start use bitcoin the price fall as a consequence which mean that bitcoin is dying off, you can't say that price is not important, this is a bullshit at 100%
I agree. People should not think bitcoin is dead because it has a lower price. For a newcomer price doesn't matter really, he can just buy a bigger amount. It's sad if you wanted to sell higher, but made a bad investment decision however
For a newcomer bitcoin price is not important to them mostly here in this forum the newbies earning bitcoin from signature campaign should focus on earning and not to its price because they only earned a small coins.

well it depend some newcomers want the price to be low if they do not hold any bitcoin, so they can enter the rally and hope to take profit with the price increase, other hold already bitcoin and hope that bitcoin will have a higher price as soon as possible

both of these categories can declare bitcoin dead if they do not see their outcome happen
They need result to say that bitcoin is dead or not already? they just only depending on its price. But its takes a long time and maybe their patience has been exhausted and they leave bitcoin.
Pages:
Jump to: