Pages:
Author

Topic: Is bitcoin dead? - page 95. (Read 110801 times)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500
July 13, 2015, 02:37:02 PM
watch now all the articles and new bitcoin falls 25% after Greece bail out, bitcoin cant hold 300 mark, is bitcoin soon to be dead ? media is just funny, i guess any media coverage is better then no coverage.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
July 13, 2015, 01:59:15 PM

A trustless crypto-based payment system still relies heavily on trusted supports. These 'trusted supports' are mostly unregulated, attracting unscrupulous traders and speculators. What if they attract somebody or something similar to how things went before?

There are fully trustable alternatives like ItBit now. Soon there'll be more.

As ever, greed is outweighing everything else. People were sending thousands of dollars into Gox even after it had stopped coin withdrawals in the hope of cheap coins.

The Chinese exchanges have regularly flaked out at vital moments and there are no shortage of red flags. While that juicy leverage is still limping along folks will continue to pour in.

There need to be legit options which offer better features than the shitty exchanges and the demand for accountability from their customers. We're a while away yet.
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
July 13, 2015, 03:41:39 AM

a big crash like that is the worst thing that could happen to diminish the trust in bitcoin, worse than any news or hackers

Yeah, that was the Mt.Gox controversy and they have still left the matter unclear regarding willie. So if such a big crash happens again, you think people will stay? A trustless crypto-based payment system still relies heavily on trusted supports. These 'trusted supports' are mostly unregulated, attracting unscrupulous traders and speculators. What if they attract somebody or something similar to how things went before?
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
July 13, 2015, 03:13:18 AM
Unless major flaw is found, bitcoin will live long. If a major is found, bitcoin will resurrect.

Flaws are found every day and they are patched quite fast... I don't think there are any major flaws in this system

I don't think he means flaws when he mentions 'major flaws'. I assume he means what if the bitcoin security isn't up to the mark and a huge hack takes place or a lot of people become victims of a huge scam. That will surely affect bitcoin, and I don't think bitcoin can bear anymore negative media attention, people will just stop believing in bitcoin then man.

also even an hacker right now, would not dump his coin seeing this great surge

But don't you think if a major hack takes place where a lot of people lose their money, it would be a very negative thing for the bitcoin community? People will be crazy mad and most will just give up on btc, advise people against it and drop in so much of negativity. Same goes for major scam. I think when people stop valuing bitcoin, it will just die.

it happened before with the hacker of bitstamp remember? and the price didn't tanked so much, the price in the last year tanked before of the bad sentiment, that was created because of willibot/chinese or whatever that crashed the market from 1200 to 200

a big crash like that is the worst thing that could happen to diminish the trust in bitcoin, worse than any news or hackers
Activity: 994
July 13, 2015, 02:57:34 AM
Unless major flaw is found, bitcoin will live long. If a major is found, bitcoin will resurrect.

Flaws are found every day and they are patched quite fast... I don't think there are any major flaws in this system

I don't think he means flaws when he mentions 'major flaws'. I assume he means what if the bitcoin security isn't up to the mark and a huge hack takes place or a lot of people become victims of a huge scam. That will surely affect bitcoin, and I don't think bitcoin can bear anymore negative media attention, people will just stop believing in bitcoin then man.

also even an hacker right now, would not dump his coin seeing this great surge

But don't you think if a major hack takes place where a lot of people lose their money, it would be a very negative thing for the bitcoin community? People will be crazy mad and most will just give up on btc, advise people against it and drop in so much of negativity. Same goes for major scam. I think when people stop valuing bitcoin, it will just die.
Activity: 504
July 12, 2015, 04:23:48 PM
It's still around $300 a coin. I think "not dead" is a gross understatement.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
July 12, 2015, 01:31:18 PM
Answer for your Questions is today's Bitcoin value 1.00 XBT = 303.609 USD, Now, I can say that Bitcoin is indeed alive with bright future, this revolution technology proving again and again it's value to all over the world and a big blow to the Naysayers.
Activity: 952
Merit: 516
July 12, 2015, 12:25:15 PM
maybe end of 2015 bitcoin dead Sad

No no no, bitcoin will live and live long for many more years to come. It is just for the moment it is facing  some issues , every  thing has that bad phase. It will fade away .. Bitcoin has only been here since 5 years. I think you and OP should be patient with bitcoin and its amazing benefits.

yes i think the same
today price 295$... Wink

The price has nothing to do with this issue, a stable price is definitely better than a huge price increase that can collapse at any time, im talking of course for bitcoin not for you or me, of course i would like the price to go up but if its going to be a bubble like it happened before it better stays low and stable
I E
Activity: 62
Merit: 10
💎 💎 💎 💎 💎
July 12, 2015, 10:26:04 AM
Nope, it will simply not die when so many people are in the network.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
July 12, 2015, 10:23:25 AM

that's not a problem with bitcoin, but with exchange, if they are incompetent nothign we can do to "patch it", also even an hacker right now, would not dump his coin seeing this great surge
Activity: 714
July 12, 2015, 10:19:50 AM

Activity: 350
Merit: 250
July 12, 2015, 08:15:10 AM

Not this soon. Bitcoin is just going through some issues that are not so huge to worry about. They will fade away soon. Bitcoin is gonna be here for a long time. Bitcoin has a lot of flaws right now, I agree but it is not long when these problems will be over sooon.
There will always be issues, no matter what. We can overcome them all with ease if we work together. For now people realized (Greek crisis greatly help) that bitcoin a cure. Bitcoin price over $300! At least.
Long live bitcoin!

All the people enjoying the spike of the bitcoin price level should also know that this spike is temporary, the 'to the moon' trip has not yet been stalled, there are much major changes to be made and mindsets to be changed before that happens. Honestly I think it might fall back to 150$. That's when a lot of people will panic, but the smarty pants will buy much much more bitcoins. And after 2-3 years of struggle, ultimate unstoppable boost up.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001
July 12, 2015, 06:49:59 AM

Not this soon. Bitcoin is just going through some issues that are not so huge to worry about. They will fade away soon. Bitcoin is gonna be here for a long time. Bitcoin has a lot of flaws right now, I agree but it is not long when these problems will be over sooon.
There will always be issues, no matter what. We can overcome them all with ease if we work together. For now people realized (Greek crisis greatly help) that bitcoin a cure. Bitcoin price over $300! At least.
Long live bitcoin!
Activity: 336
July 12, 2015, 06:36:01 AM

Activity: 27
Merit: 0
July 12, 2015, 06:17:29 AM

Activity: 434
July 12, 2015, 05:57:40 AM
Activity: 209
@OldHiall LuckyBit
July 11, 2015, 03:47:42 PM

No no no, bitcoin will live and live long for many more years to come. It is just for the moment it is facing  some issues , every  thing has that bad phase. It will fade away .. Bitcoin has only been here since 5 years. I think you and OP should be patient with bitcoin and its amazing benefits.

yes i think the same
today price 295$... Wink
Activity: 336
July 11, 2015, 01:28:20 PM

Activity: 196
July 11, 2015, 09:33:57 AM
I am just surprised at the fact how come a senior member becomes a doomster of Bitcoin! After viewing you post history, I found you have involved a lot in the bitcoin stock investing. Probably you made some loss so you are despaired of it. In crypto world there are a lot of scams, fraudulence etc. It is fully understood that some ppl encounter it and leave. 
Is there any hard core written law that a Senior member cannot wrote like that, Perhaps he could have gain a lot in previous years now he is going down loss with the experience of Bitcoin, that is his own personal view and conclusion, needless to mention here about the grades such as junior, senior or legend.
Activity: 924
July 11, 2015, 09:24:27 AM
I suggest you guys google Diffusion of innovations or technology adoption curve.  Like really look at it and try to understand it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diffusion_of_innovations

Basically according to this widely applied theory, Bitcoin is only between 0% and 16% adoption.  Between, not 0% and not 16% adoption.

What am I trying to say?  If we are indeed in this phase, then there is still a lot more exponential growth to go.  Conversely there is a lot more volatility to go as well.  Only spend/invest what you are willing to risk.

Typical innovation winners are the Innovators (2.5%) and Early Adopters (13.5%)...we are still innovating and becoming early adopters.

Lastly, I can give you over 4 Billion reasons why Bitcoin is not dead Smiley.

Pages:
Jump to: