Pages:
Author

Topic: Is bitcoin dead? - page 97. (Read 110801 times)

Activity: 574
Merit: 296
Bitcoin isn't a bubble. It's the pin!
July 06, 2015, 12:07:46 PM
Bitcoin was very stagnant these last few months, but it is starting to be volatile again. Personally, I believe that people may start becoming more interested in Bitcoin partly because of the volatility.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008
July 06, 2015, 10:36:15 AM
I don't understand why people are crying and cribbing about some temporary price fall

Most people actually are considering wether BTC is dead by measuring it from its price and it is pretty much has become the standard things around here and so you can expect every single complaint the moment BTC is having a fall because some people expect that the price will be keep on rising. This happen pretty much every time there is a huge fall in the price however once the price goes back up, you can see the same people coming back up and shows us his joy over it

Some great quote regarding BTC price and this truly describe the situation around here

Code:
If BTC rise , people says thats a bubble and if BTC falls people says it is dead

maybe the price of Bitcoin could die in the future , but the bitcoin protocol will never die, until there will be a blockchain , there will be exchange of bitcoin

Bitcoin will never die if there are still many transactions is being made everyday so when the time blockchain is die bitcoin will sure die not the otherwise
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001
/dev/null
July 06, 2015, 06:03:35 AM
are you sure mate?? all Greeks said NOOOO! to Euro... this is just beginning of the end of fiat money.

no, you are simply not right. it is just showing, how govs and banks can manipulate with people money and who had the real control. anyway, this is not beginning of fiat end at all..anyway, it is nice impulse for eurosceptics like me:)
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
July 06, 2015, 05:58:26 AM
are you sure mate?? all Greeks said NOOOO! to Euro... this is just beginning of the end of fiat money.

The Greeks are going to replace one version of the fiat with another variety (Euro with New Drachma). So I don't think that this is bad for the fiat money. That said, the Greek crisis has laid bare some of the most important vulnerabilities of the fiat system, such as the lack of protection against inflation.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
I ❤ www.LuckyB.it!
July 06, 2015, 05:50:03 AM
I don't understand why people are crying and cribbing about some temporary price fall

Most people actually are considering wether BTC is dead by measuring it from its price and it is pretty much has become the standard things around here and so you can expect every single complaint the moment BTC is having a fall because some people expect that the price will be keep on rising. This happen pretty much every time there is a huge fall in the price however once the price goes back up, you can see the same people coming back up and shows us his joy over it

Some great quote regarding BTC price and this truly describe the situation around here

Code:
If BTC rise , people says thats a bubble and if BTC falls people says it is dead

maybe the price of Bitcoin could die in the future , but the bitcoin protocol will never die, until there will be a blockchain , there will be exchange of bitcoin
legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1414
July 05, 2015, 06:24:46 PM

Code:

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1024
July 05, 2015, 02:08:41 PM

is fiat dead? especially euro ?  Grin Grin Grin

Euro is still being used. It is as alive as bitcoin.

Activity: 378
July 05, 2015, 01:25:29 PM
Another bitcoin is dead thread?
This is so bullish.
We're going to the moon soon Grin

But seriously, just look at past graphs and recent news. It has been a long but not unseen bear market, and everyday there are new and very positive news! It's just a matter of time till the next phase of adoption starts Smiley
[/quote

I totally agree.. It will overcome its issues and it will be widely accepted. Of course all the Financial members , bankers will have to make a collective decision. Even if one will come uo now, it will be saved !
Activity: 434
July 05, 2015, 01:20:44 PM

Euro is still being used. It is as alive as bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1016
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
July 05, 2015, 12:39:05 PM

I don't understand why people are whining about bitcoin being ''dead'' and posting it everywhere. It has been going on since bitcoin started , the fluctuations will keep coming. That doesn't make it ''dead'' or anything else. It has its ups and downs, but it is seeing good days soon.

I think it's a reflection of human psychology in general. People go insane for enormous rises. They fall into despair at the falls. When you throw in the suspicion that many involved in BTC have never been involved in markets before that makes for a very emotional cocktail.
Activity: 336
July 05, 2015, 12:27:27 PM
maybe end of 2015 bitcoin dead Sad

Don't get bothered because of these little crappy reasons. It is  just a little problematic   because of the price being low and many losing  huge amounts of money because they bought at the peak, taxes being a problem, and other unnecessary  stuff. It's just a phase and will fade away eventually.

Yes, good days for bitcoin are coming very soon. The only reason bitcoin has been looked down are all the money laundering scams which involved bitcoins had a significant time in media bringing a bad image of bitcoin to the world. However, things seem to improve and people are starting to realize how shitty centralized currency is, hoping bitcoin mass adoption comes soon Smiley Smiley

I don't understand why people are whining about bitcoin being ''dead'' and posting it everywhere. It has been going on since bitcoin started , the fluctuations will keep coming. That doesn't make it ''dead'' or anything else. It has its ups and downs, but it is seeing good days soon.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1024
July 05, 2015, 08:33:18 AM

Activity: 714
Merit: 500
July 05, 2015, 08:22:07 AM
they are declaring the bitcoin death since 2011, bitcoin is still here stronger than ever, and every time they declare it dead, it always end up rising, i think people should look more at the full chart instead of looking at the small portion of it, every day

Don't get bothered because of these little crappy reasons. It is  just a little problematic   because of the price being low and many losing  huge amounts of money because they bought at the peak, taxes being a problem, and other unnecessary  stuff. It's just a phase and will fade away eventually.

Yes, good days for bitcoin are coming very soon. The only reason bitcoin has been looked down are all the money laundering scams which involved bitcoins had a significant time in media bringing a bad image of bitcoin to the world. However, things seem to improve and people are starting to realize how shitty centralized currency is, hoping bitcoin mass adoption comes soon Smiley Smiley

can we simply call this phase, a long despair phase? i think confuse often dead with despair, bitcoin will eventually get out of it, but it does need a great amount of time

I don't understand why people are crying and cribbing about some temporary price fall, man. It has been happening since the existence of bitcoin, just a matter of couple months and bitcoin is going to shoot up like crazy. That's when I won't be able to see the trolls over their bullshit and hoax and efforts of making people lose faith in bitcoin. Gains and falls is a course of life. Its inevitable.
Activity: 639
Merit: 500
July 05, 2015, 07:46:32 AM
they are declaring the bitcoin death since 2011, bitcoin is still here stronger than ever, and every time they declare it dead, it always end up rising, i think people should look more at the full chart instead of looking at the small portion of it, every day

can we simply call this phase, a long despair phase? i think confuse often dead with despair, bitcoin will eventually get out of it, but it does need a great amount of time
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
July 05, 2015, 06:11:35 AM

Activity: 336
July 05, 2015, 05:10:13 AM

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002
June 17, 2015, 02:02:17 PM
I don't know how you come to that conclusion but It's far from being dead if you were to ask me. And talk about media interest, there has been an active discussion going on news site not specifically onto btc alone. And the news site won't certainly write about the topic if there's no interest whatsoever in it.

http://blogs.wsj.com/briefly/2015/03/04/the-future-of-bitcoin-the-readers-weigh-in-at-a-glance/
http://www.cnbc.com/id/102476273

I understand how the media attention has dropped, it always does. Its hard to be in the news everyday. I find bitcoin to be very interesting. Yes, there are a couple frauds happening everyday but I think that the more bitcoin users strengthen as a community, the better security will get. I recently read a post about ending the transaction with a signature certificate and I feel that's awesome. New things are discovered everyday and it will all shape better in the end.

The media only wants the juicy stuff. Gmaxwell making an awesome video on the amazing possibilities of sidechains will not make them sell newspapers, but putting "this guy running a deep web market that ran under Bitcoin" or something along the lines will raise eyebrows and keep the casuals interested.

Well its the medias business model, so they cant really help it.

If nothing drastic to watch on the news, why watch it is what they pretty much think, or ground breaking etc. Its a platform how they see how the stories does when on air and track what works and what doesnt.
Activity: 700
Merit: 501
June 17, 2015, 01:45:02 PM
I don't know how you come to that conclusion but It's far from being dead if you were to ask me. And talk about media interest, there has been an active discussion going on news site not specifically onto btc alone. And the news site won't certainly write about the topic if there's no interest whatsoever in it.

http://blogs.wsj.com/briefly/2015/03/04/the-future-of-bitcoin-the-readers-weigh-in-at-a-glance/

I understand how the media attention has dropped, it always does. Its hard to be in the news everyday. I find bitcoin to be very interesting. Yes, there are a couple frauds happening everyday but I think that the more bitcoin users strengthen as a community, the better security will get. I recently read a post about ending the transaction with a signature certificate and I feel that's awesome. New things are discovered everyday and it will all shape better in the end.

The media only wants the juicy stuff. Gmaxwell making an awesome video on the amazing possibilities of sidechains will not make them sell newspapers, but putting "this guy running a deep web market that ran under Bitcoin" or something along the lines will raise eyebrows and keep the casuals interested.
Activity: 294
June 17, 2015, 10:38:33 AM

Pages:
Jump to: