Pages:
Author

Topic: Is bitcoin really secure - page 41. (Read 3100 times)

Activity: 460
Merit: 100
January 29, 2018, 05:59:18 PM
According to my knowledge of cryptocurrencies, Bitcoin is still the most secure currency. Often we see Bitcoin trading platforms hacked, but never hackers can crack Bitcoin to manipulate the coin. The thing you need to do is to store Bitcoin in a cold wallet like Trezor, do not let Bitcoin in the hot wallet avoid the risk of losing all the property.
Definetely there is no need to worry about loss of money or anything like that. bitcoin is no doubt very much secure in terms of not getting steeled, hacked or any other thing like that. only the owner of bitcoin can use the bitcoins in any way he wants to use those bitcoins as he is the one who actually knows the private key which he can use to sell or spend his bitcoin. In addition to this, the transaction process of bitcoin is also very much secure.

Yes,for me bitcoin is very secure and dont be worry for loss because every way of transaction of bitcoin is very safe and its very fast and easy to transact.people purchase of bitcoin because all  persons know about bitcoin and know how to very safety the bitcoin so that people invest it and theres people become rich because of bitcoin and dont worry of longterm investment because people know can get a good profit.
Activity: 585
Merit: 33
Rasputin Party Mansion
January 29, 2018, 05:58:49 PM
After the today's disaster

https://cointelegraph.com/news/coincheck-stolen-534-mln-nem-were-stored-on-low-security-hot-wallet

I think we all need to rethink the whole security system. Bitcoin actually is very save, but with just only one level of security.

Being about money, we need more, even fi - Im not an engineer - what exactly.

I don't know, may be a kind of mobile confirmation, as with visa, or something. I mean: in the bank system, any suspect movement is immediately detect.
This should be possible even in crypto.
Activity: 196
Merit: 121
January 29, 2018, 04:50:55 PM
According to my knowledge of cryptocurrencies, Bitcoin is still the most secure currency. Often we see Bitcoin trading platforms hacked, but never hackers can crack Bitcoin to manipulate the coin. The thing you need to do is to store Bitcoin in a cold wallet like Trezor, do not let Bitcoin in the hot wallet avoid the risk of losing all the property.
Definetely there is no need to worry about loss of money or anything like that. bitcoin is no doubt very much secure in terms of not getting steeled, hacked or any other thing like that. only the owner of bitcoin can use the bitcoins in any way he wants to use those bitcoins as he is the one who actually knows the private key which he can use to sell or spend his bitcoin. In addition to this, the transaction process of bitcoin is also very much secure.
Activity: 238
Merit: 102
OPEN GAMING PLATFORM
January 29, 2018, 04:29:40 PM
Activity: 1750
Merit: 267
January 29, 2018, 04:09:19 PM
As Bitcoin is the world most strongest and popular coin, it has great security. I think personally that Bitcoin is more secure. If you have private key, email, password safe then your account and btc will be on secure.
Activity: 98
Merit: 0
January 29, 2018, 03:59:39 PM
Not really secure because it is not truly decentralized
1. You need exchange to convert your btc to fiat and withdraw
2. If they hack that exchange then your funds are gone
3. You can also be hacked with phishing sites.
Activity: 39
January 29, 2018, 03:55:31 PM
The blockchain is the technology behind Bitcoin, it's is a very safe protocol and impossible to hack. However exchanges are vulnerable to hackers so leabing cryptocurrencies on exchanges not a good idea.
Activity: 140
January 29, 2018, 03:30:39 PM
По сравнению с бумажками более безопасен ,но требует внимания
Activity: 266
Merit: 10
January 29, 2018, 03:29:24 PM
Yep, I'd better use a wallet. The news about hacked exchanges are depressive. The size of the theft shows how vulnerable investors remain in this
field, despite numerous efforts by regulators to reduce the risk of cyberattacks. And other cryptocurrencies traded on its platform were not
missing.
Activity: 173
Merit: 12
January 29, 2018, 02:46:51 PM
Bitcoin as a blockchain is secure. And with the number of miners in the bitcoin ecosystem, it will take a lot of resources to hack bitcoin's blockchain.

One of the concern with bitcoin miners is that the mining power is mostly with a handful of miners in China, but with the clamping down on mining activity in China, most of the miners have moved overseas and the mining activity is now more spread out.

We are also seeing more miners getting on the btc mining despite it getting more difficult. As more miners get onto btc mining, it becomes more difficult to hack the btc.

However do not confuse security of btc with privacy as many guys think that their transactions are "secured" meaning no one can see their transactions. Bitcoin blockchain is transparent and anyone who knows your wallet address or if you had transferred your bitcoin from a known exchange such as coinbase, it is not difficult for the government to know about the transactions you had and how much btc u possess.

Activity: 546
Merit: 257
January 29, 2018, 02:45:32 PM
Do you think so? Because I started to hear about hacked everywhere which is really insecure for us.

The one hacked is a digital currency exchange and not one's wallet. I will be worried of someone's wallet was hacked even though he/she is taking care of his/her wallet but if that is an exchange, well, it happens. This is the reason why a lot of people said that you must keep your digital currencies yourself and not on these exchanges.

And the number is not small, more than a million if you convert it.

And did that cause any panic to use Bitcoin Holders? No, the currency stolen was NEM an altcoin though that price is not a joke.

And they are not hack for some people like us who is really depends on a little bit profit from trading, most of the hacker always aim big bait which can really harm us.

Because Exchanges are not really that secure like our wallets.
Activity: 378
Merit: 105
Active forum member, A+ poster, PM good sign camp.
January 29, 2018, 02:40:56 PM
Bitcoin is secure if you look at the transaction side and the transparancy of where your money is going, however bitcoin is not secure as something physical because your bitcoins can be stolen/hacked, and its all on the net, on the other side it has not a certain amount of value specially now the dirty governments and banks are involved in the price manipulation.
Activity: 490
January 29, 2018, 02:39:10 PM
Yeah,bitcoin is really secured when compared to fiat currency,by means of getting stolen,by means of transaction over internet.But is is really not secured by means of it value.

Do you think so? Because I started to hear about hacked everywhere which is really insecure for us. And the number is not small, more than a million if you convert it. And they are not hack for some people like us who is really depends on a little bit profit from trading, most of the hacker always aim big bait which can really harm us. You can see recent updates about coincheck which has been hacked
Not all people use to hack some of them are really honest one but yeah you are right some people try to hack but, bitcoin has solution now as we can use bitcoin wallet to avoid such kind of activities now. Hacking was happening in past but now it is not there because I did not hear any cast related bitcoin hacking since long it is all because of bitcoin wallets that are enough to secure out bitcoin as long as we want, such as block chain and paper wallet.
Activity: 630
Merit: 251
January 29, 2018, 02:37:17 PM
It mostly depends on the user and the method he used to secure his bitcoin wallets and personal devices, It would always be better to avoid downloading software that looks suspicious as they might contain malware or key logger that are able to steal your personal details and log in information to your bitcoin wallets.
I personally have no doubt on the security of bitcoin and all other crypto coins but the thing is you need to realize the importance of the things which are necessary for you in order to keep your wallet and bitcoins secure. If you will stay away from any of the scam or anything like that, then your bitcoins are completely safe. Moreover, you also need not to share your private key with anyone as it can result in loss of your bitcoins.
Activity: 45
Merit: 1
January 29, 2018, 02:22:00 PM
yes, the bitcoin technology is very safe, and never it has been hack. But sometimes I can hear when I discuss of the bitcoin and other crypto currencies with my entourage "are you sure it's very safety", or "yesterday i've seen an article about the theft of a million euros in bitcoin" but it's the fault of the trading platforms which are less secure and not the blockchain itself. No one has ever hacked into the bitcoin system itself by modifying blocks for example. So it is safe for me.
Activity: 742
Merit: 255
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
January 29, 2018, 02:14:32 PM
Yeah it safe to use. It secure account so you will don't share any information. If shared any information about botcoin account some People hack your account. So careful to hand your account. It good opportunity for the future growth and easy to save more coin for future investment. Bitcoin is connect the people. So your wil be help to connect and share more informative for improve your business process.
Activity: 994
Merit: 544
January 29, 2018, 12:13:58 PM
whether it is safe or not depends on yourself - sometimes a carelessness that allows someone else to know your private key from a wallet account that we have, of course, that makes bitcoin very insecure. but bitcoin systems can be quite safe because bitcoin is a system that until now can not be traced by any party. so I think what you should do for the security of the bitcoin itself can be realigned of course you should never make a carelessness that will cause your bitcoin assets will be in retas by other parties.

I agree with you.  It is up to us to secure well our bitcoin and not just bitcoin but all our possessions.  As to bitcoin the features of it are secured.  No one can take it in you wallet unless they know your password.  All the important details should be kept secret.
Activity: 98
Merit: 17
January 29, 2018, 11:52:28 AM
Some people invest some if not all of thier asset in bitcoin. They are lured by its growing up value its equivalent to fiat currency but is bitcoin really safe and secure.? What do you think.,
For me bitcoin is really secure but it depends on you if your private key is really secure. So that if you really want that your private key is secure, don't give it to anyone that your not trusted. It depends on the user and the method he used to secure his bitcoin wallets and personal devices.
Yes for me bitcoin is really quite safe if you keep and use it well, store your bitcoin in highly recommended wallet and trade on a reputable exchange so everything will be fine. Perhaps about bitcoin price growth for me is no problem, the price movement of bitcoin is very fluctuating so I guess there is no problem to invest in bitcoin. for sure profit will be safe amd grow.
Activity: 128
Merit: 10
January 29, 2018, 11:20:15 AM
Some people invest some if not all of thier asset in bitcoin. They are lured by its growing up value its equivalent to fiat currency but is bitcoin really safe and secure.? What do you think.,
For me bitcoin is really secure but it depends on you if your private key is really secure. So that if you really want that your private key is secure, don't give it to anyone that your not trusted. It depends on the user and the method he used to secure his bitcoin wallets and personal devices.
Activity: 322
January 29, 2018, 11:11:23 AM

For me there is no secure thing when it becomes to business especially bitcoins knowing that they are technology incline business and we also know that hackers are there to hack the system. And we cannot prevent that 100% because we do not know who they are and they can either interup the transactions or gett all the money in bitcoins but for now i am not experiencing some of those hackers but u know there are some people who have been hacked so in case you want to be secure just have a lot of plans.
Pages:
Jump to: